• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic CYBERPUNK: Archangel - Interest Check [CLOSED]

Are you in?

• Hell yeah! Let's go burn a city.

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Looks preem, but can't chip in.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Nah, not my style.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cyberpunk: Archangel
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Thank you for checking out Cyberpunk: Archangel! Please read all threads to ensure guidelines are kept.

Purity

Nebulous Member

FORWARD

Imagine a place where time and space are meaningless. Imagine a place where the cities are living corpses dedicated to slaughtering, gardens that have plants which bleed red and eat chrome, ICE disguised as fire, where up is down and right is left and you can't tell what time of day it is because it's clearly 4:36.

Well, you can stop imagining, because that ain't even close to what the other side of the Blackwall looks like today. That's what NetWatch wants to hide from us. Glass shattered into the horizon of infinity, pockets of sanity in a hellscape of insanity, safe havens that still drive you mad off of sheer logic, formless nightmares, lethal paradoxes, blue-eyed people, Angels and Demons.

If there's anywhere to netrun, it's there. The Old Net.

LOG 03.01.2080

Under the concern that I may have flatlined by the time these detes becomes necessary, and probably because I klepped all these detes from all over like a monumental gonk, I’m recording everything I know so far about what Nyx asked me to research.

Early 2021
IHAG, a major corporation involved in aquatic technology, goes bankrupt. This sparks the beginning of the Fourth Corporate War as CINO and OTEC, both former rivals of IHAG, vie for control over the corpse of the fallen megacorp. Due to being evenly matched in the information war that they waged, CINO eventually hires Arasaka and OTEC Militech essentially as proxies. Despite neither security company initially being invested in the conflict, they eventually come to blows over unintentional casualties wreaked on each other.

February 22, 2022
CINO and OTEC are forced out of the war by world governments afraid of a full-blown global conflict. Arasaka and Militech, however, continue the war in secret, carried out in both sociopolitics and cyberspace.

March 6th, 2022
Arasaka tests a new version of Soulkiller, zeroing a Militech exec and interrogating his engram for information. This prompts Militech to begin their own research into the same line of programs.

June 3rd, 2022
Rache Bartmoss, the most famous and infamous netrunner of the time, flatlines. God bless the motherfucker. With his head gone from the Net, the R.A.B.I.D.S. virus is unleashed, marking the beginning of the DataKrash. No one is aware of it at the time.

June 6th, 2022
The war becomes hot again. Arasaka attacks a Militech factory and Militech an Arasaka factory. Multiple facilities on both sides were attacked in the following months.

August 17th, 2022
Arasaka secures a clandestine Militech databank facility that seems rather innocuous. While the information recovered is not particularly pertinent, project files only titled "Archangel" are uncovered by Arasaka.
^^^ that’s the dete, right there. have to find more on it
Mid 2025
The remnants of Arasaka are finally defeated by Militech, marking the end of the Fourth Corporate War. But its effects are not short-lived. In years that followed, both the USA and Japan nearly collapsed, Arasaka and Militech were nationalized and restricted severely in their scopes, the DataKrash destroyed the Old Net, and smoking ruins dot cities across the world. Fucking corpos.

Mid 2040s
Not sure of the exact date, but NetWatch suddenly erects the Blackwall amidst rumors that they collaborated with those psycho AIs on the other side to make it.

Mid 2050s
At some point in the decade, Arasaka begins sending netrunners into the Old Net. What Arasaka was looking for was anyone’s guess, but they seemed to either be happy or disappointed over the results because they stopped pretty quickly.

January 2069
The NUSA declares war on the Free States. Though the conflict ends a year later with no one happy, it has the side effect of allowing Arasaka back into the States, specifically back into Night City. AI analysts predict that the treaty won’t last, and the war will go hot again by 2080.

Late 2076
Some metalhead that went by the name of David assaults Arasaka Tower with their own fucking equipment. That's nova. He dies in the attempt, but Santo Domingo kids have been drooling over him ever since.

Late 2077
Stories circulate about a merc who stole an experimental shard from Arasaka, offed the emperor, raided Arasaka Tower alone and actually succeeded, and pulled a heist off on the Crystal Palace, all within a six month period. Their name was V. Was, because it’s a drink in the Afterlife now.

February 18th, 2080
Street’s abuzz with what happened in the early morning of the day. The localized Net in the Night City went down for a brief second. And it was really only for that second before NetWatch did something about it, but that was enough for connected netrunners to short circuit and chaos to happen around the city.

March 1st, 2080
I write this snoozefest. It's anyone's guess why Nyx even needs this shit. Will keep updated.
but what's the lie and what's the truth?
SYNOPSIS

Night City is much the same place it’s been in 2080. Well, save for the possible incoming war, the new transportation lines opening up to other cities, Arasaka cracking down harder than ever before after the death of the emperor, the lack of any new legends joining the Afterlife, and pretty much everything else that’s unimportant. What’s one gotta do to get some excitement up in these parts?

But with the NUSA bristling for a fight, tensions are rising and the people are talking. With the right gig and the right people at the right place during the right time, there’s chances rolling around to strike it big for anyone willing to take those chances. The death of V encouraged a new wave of mercs to step up to the plate, but none have been particularly successful or lasted particularly long, for that matter. MaxTac, Arasaka, Militech, NetWatch, everyone’s on high alert these days.

Amidst all the chaos, there’s rumors about increased activity on the Net, though with much larger fish to fry than baseless rumors, no one is paying it any mind except the few netrunners who watch with bated breath. Because if you know the right people or you have your head in the game, you know what’s happening: the Blackwall is weakening.

How does any of this matter? Well, that depends. Who are you? A corpo playing chess with their life and finances? A kid out on the streets with their head held high and dreams even higher? A faceless nobody who wants to piece together a face from other people’s skin?

A cyberpunk?

GM NOTES

Welcome to Night City, everyone! Now, I know the question burning in the back of your heads. How exactly will this roleplay be played? There's been multiple Cyberpunk tabletop games, 2077, and Edgerunners. Is it going to be like those?

To clarify, this will be based on a continuation from the 2077 canon, though with the integration of Edgerunners in the recent update, pretty much it's all one continuous timeline. In fact, you don't even necessarily have to have played the game or watched the show, you could technically get by with reading everything on the wiki. Though, I will admit, that's quite the task if you opt to join without prior knowledge.

In Night City, the detes are absolutely everything. And as such, that will be one of the two things that are controlled. Your character's information will be mostly public on the character sheets, however you will also be given a 'secret backstory' of sorts, a piece of the puzzle that relates to the ultimate plotline. This backstory will correspond to how I analyze your character, the role that you applied for, and if you wish you can give input on what you wish for it to be as well. Over the course of the story, the goal will be to essentially put the puzzle together and get as much of the pie as possible. This will be accomplished by talking to NPCs, through the central storyline, side gigs, and of course each other.

You may choose to withhold any information that you deem fit for your character to withhold, and conversely reveal things that others may not know. You will also assign hidden stats to your character purely for my sake. Certain actions in the story may require you to have a certain stat threshold, and you may be barred from performing actions if you don't hit that threshold. These stats can be grown, but it will be at my discretion.

It WILL be possible to split off from the main group and take side gigs when the opportunity presents itself, either alone or with other players. These side gigs will happen in the in-character thread, but again certain pieces of information can be withheld for the sake of secrecy.

The other thing that will be tracked is your physical inventory. Weapons and miscellaneous items can be picked up or obtained without any prior introduction, but your character's main weapons and items must listed. Additionally, any chrome your character has MUST be listed completely, at the minimum privately to me, and there'll be a limit to how much your character can tolerate depending on those hidden stats. The reason the hidden stats and the listing of cyberware are mandatory isn't because I wish to be a complete control freak, but rather to prevent players from abruptly revealing fantastical new powers they never had or performing actions that would be normally physically impossible for their character.

Rules and Expectations
  • This is a detailed, novella-style roleplay. Quantity is encouraged, but quality over all is expected.
  • Maturity is also expected, as though we have the RPN rules as bounds the Cyberpunk genre is a mature genre.
  • Because of the sheer amount of information that has to be passed around, Discord will be REQUIRED to join. The Discord link will be made available to those who are accepted in.
  • To be accepted for a spot, you will be required to submit a your character's introduction into the world to me privately, along with your initial character sheet on the characters thread. Provided I approve of your sample, it may be posted in the official in-character thread as your first post if you wish and we will discuss if your sheet needs changing. Considering the above, EXPECT TO MAKE REVISIONS. This is not to belittle you in any way, it's merely to guarantee your character meshes well with the world.
  • The number of people in the roleplay will be determined by how many applicants are found suitable, but expect a small group. It's very likely all characters will be in the same crew, but this will also depend.
  • Faceclaims and any art will be anime-style, or at least drawn.
  • This will be a long term roleplay, and as such, as long as people are committed to the story I won't expect more than one post a week. People have lives, and I respect that. But I will give out warnings for extended periods of silence. Please be considerate and consider how much time you have available to commit to this roleplay before joining. Leaving midway or being noncommunicative severely impacts other players.
  • If the above hasn’t scared you off, talk below of what kind of character you might want to play! I will be doing my best with this story to accommodate for each person, and so knowing beforehand what you might want to do lets me incorporate it into the story earlier.
  • With all that said, feel free to ask any questions!

code Purity Purity assist @Serobliss

Last edited:
Patch Notes (Updated 09.09.2022)
  • How the RP will be played is now included.
  • Rules section has been altered slightly.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk is where half of my heart lives! I'm very interested. I'm rather new to the site but not new to this style of writing, I'm very pleased to provide references upon request.

Apparently I never finished my edit! Buttons are hard.

Here's the elevator pitch: The literal, actual, Chief Executive Officer of [Company Name Here]. Not disgraced, not having just been thrown out a window, not someone whose life has just been upended. She is, in complete good faith, on the side of whatever crew the cast winds up as a part of; however emphatically I don't want her as the actual, or implicit, leader of the group. She offers resources (but not unlimited) that further the group's ends, even though those are almost certainly anti-Corporate in nature, and she's perfectly capable of holding her own on whatever adventures the cast might find themselves on. In other words, a genuine part of the crew - but with a background that people can think what they like about. The question of 'why is she doing this,' is one may or may not appear in the story, depending on if it's important, the GM wants to know, or it comes up organically.

Last edited:
I've never done cyberpunk before so hesitant to throw my hat in the ring, but just want to say this is very well thought out and written. It depicts such a vivid world without dragging on for ages, instead plunging the reader straight in and immersing them. Kudos to you!

I'm thinking of making an Arasaka netrunner/assassin who is double crossed and left at the mercy of Militech during a mission gone bad. But, what Arasaka doesn't know is that he has an experimental tech on his cyberdeck: a quickhack that can broadcast his consciousness to up to five other individuals, briefly, without compromising his physical or mental health. How? He's an engram hybrid, having been a blank AI uploaded into an infant (sick Arasaka scop tactics). But, since the engram is so deeply rooted in the nervous and neuro-systems of his body, he cant be transferred to another one. So, now, he's trying to find a way to make the fuckers pay for the life they took from him.

Last edited:
well shit choom yea got me hooked.

Archangel... Thats a title yea don't just drop without a care, those suckers usually are for protectors of sorts, maybe a Blackwall reinforcement? or maybe preparations for when it finally breaks?

As for character;
I'm thinkin an idiot who went abit too hard on the chrome if yea get me. got hands on some nifty stuff but ever since been paying for it in mind, body and absolutely most importantly.

His wallet.

But hey, who wouldn't want a tail right?

So, being this dude you sign up with a gang or, eventually a second, get your pay from what yea can pawn off and keep from others, just cause your a gang grunt don't mean you don't make a dime when your boss makes a dollar right? gotta get cash some other way. Extracurricular activities some might say, though that sometimes mean old friends become new enemies, new bounties are good pay right? Good enough for heroes like V? Good enough for you yea? Besides their drink is killer, and isn't free. Just like chrome upgrades...

Gotta keep up somehow, folks already look at him like hes gonna psycho...

Interested. This was what convinced me to finally make an account on here. For a character I'd be inclined to go for a street punk, though I have a few different ideas floating around for overall concept. I'd probably like to see what everyone else is doing first before settling on an idea so that concepts don't end up overshadowing each other.

For further ideas, I am thinking on engineer type character. A robot tech girl, fairly wealthly background, high in the net with a little bot assistant. I do have some other thoughts, but very interested working with the larger group to build it out later.

Purity Purity Hey there.

Off the top of my head character concept?

Here we go!

Let's try... Nomad, Medtechie, or Solo from Australia (think Mad Max). Military-trained. Friendly on the surface (why not be, right?). Likes to drink and share but avoids hard drugs. Did a walkabout starting outside Brisbane helping Americans and wound up in Night City with a new life and clean slate. Loves the place. "Night City's a beaut, innit?"

Current or former Trauma Team if you want him to be; able to fill any of the typical AV-4 roles but loves flying. Chromed with his own sense of style but nothing close to cyberpsychotic.

Couldn't care less what the locals think about his personal style, but will fly into a burning building for a friend. Still living in a rusty coffin and getting by on stale kibble but believes living the blazing life has its own rewards.

Earned a name on the street helping out the people who can't help themselves (like Strawberry the cop from the tabletop original game). Doesn't trust anybody; only his guns. Never breaks Night City's first rule. Loves firefights on Friday nights. =)

Might something like that work?

I am interested in joining this, but I have questions:

1. What do you mean by "vetted," please? I think that's a word that changes from game master to game master.

2. Besides what you've written, do you have any other expectations we should know about?

3. What questions about myself might I answer for you?

Oh! And hey, Onmyoji Onmyoji ! Didn't know you were a cyberpunk fan!

EDIT: Oops! Got names confused! =)

Last edited:
Just looking around at the Interest Check, and I have some questions:

- Will there be limited spots for the Roles (eg Solo, Tech/Medtech, Fixer, Nomad, or even niche ones like Rockerboy, Media and Exec)?

- How fast this RP will go eg. how many post per week/day?

- How long this RP will expect to go?

Speaking about concepts, here's an example of mine, as I can play other Roles. It would be freelancing Netrunner who is a Streetkid. A native Night City folk, if you will. Gets her job from a Fixer that she trusts, and occasionally Danger Gal (not sure if that company exists in your RP, but canonically they do, just did not appear in CP2077 or Edgerunners). She caused numerous trouble to the boostergangers (especially Maelstrom and the Scavs, she hates them). Did a couple gigs for the Nomads too.

EDIT: Just realized my last 2 questions will most likely be answered once the next update to the Interest Check is released. Feel free to ignore those 2 questions if needed.

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone, for expressing so much interest in this! I'll have to start work on the rest of the threads for the RP soon, and I'll gradually release finished pages that contain relevant information. In the meantime, if everyone could respond to the poll I somehow forgot to include, that would be preem. ;) I wish I could respond to everyone, but I'll have to settle with answering questions for right now.

I am interested in joining this, but I have questions:

1. What do you mean by "vetted," please? I think that's a word that changes from game master to game master.

2. Besides what you've written, do you have any other expectations we should know about?

3. What questions about myself might I answer for you?

1. This is a great question and something I was totally not too tired to type out last night. To be accepted in a spot for the RP, you will be required to submit a written sample of your work which reflects your character's introduction into the world to me privately, along with your initial character sheet on the respective character thread, once the information to make such a character sheet becomes available. Provided I approve of your sample, it may be posted in the official in-character thread and we will discuss if your sheet needs changing. EXPECT TO MAKE REVISIONS. This is not to belittle you in any way, it's merely to guarantee your character meshes well with the world.

2. I will update the GM notes section of this thread soon-ish with a couple pointers I forgot, such as what I mentioned above. Aside from that, story-wise, you're not expected to know everything about Cyberpunk 2077 or Edgerunners, even if having consumed either media is preferred for ease of description. And again, as I write more of the threads, you'll gradually know more of what is expected.

3. If I do have any questions for you, it will come later in those threads.

Just looking around at the Interest Check, and I have some questions:

- Will there be limited spots for the Roles (eg Solo, Tech/Medtech, Fixer, Nomad, or even niche ones like Rockerboy, Media and Exec)?

- How fast this RP will go eg. how many post per week/day?

- How long this RP will expect to go?

1. Yes, there WILL be limited spots for certain roles, though the majority of them will remain open for the most part. There will be a pretty heavy netrunner focus in this story compared to how gigs normally run, so having more than one or two netrunners will be fine.

2 & 3. Yeah, thanks for remining me. I forgot to include those. XD But this will be a long term RP, and as such, as long as people are committed to the story I won't expect more than one post a week. People have lives, and I respect that. But I will give out warnings for extended periods of silence.

In the meantime, if everyone could respond to the poll I somehow forgot to include, that would be preem.
The only poll I see is the one up top ("Are you in?"). I answered that poll before I replied to the thread. Is there another?

EXPECT TO MAKE REVISIONS. This is not to belittle you in any way, it's merely to guarantee your character meshes well with the world.
This makes pure sense and also makes for a great ice-breaker. =)

Aside from that, story-wise, you're not expected to know everything about Cyberpunk 2077 or Edgerunners, even if having consumed either media is preferred for ease of description. And again, as I write more of the threads, you'll gradually know more of what is expected.
I will not have access to the Edgerunners show (no Netflix). Just to be clear - what books/PDFs do you recommend we draw info from, please? Cyberpunk Red?

There will be a pretty heavy netrunner focus in this story compared to how gigs normally run, so having more than one or two netrunners will be fine.
Depending on what we're using for rules, I could play a Netrunner. Let me know if you want me to submit a different concept or hold off?

But this will be a long term RP, and as such, as long as people are committed to the story I won't expect more than one post a week. People have lives, and I respect that. But I will give out warnings for extended periods of silence.
This is only fair for everyone! It's a game, not a job, choomba! (I do the same in my own games so I think this is great! How about everyone else?) =)

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone, for expressing so much interest in this! I'll have to start work on the rest of the threads for the RP soon, and I'll gradually release finished pages that contain relevant information. In the meantime, if everyone could respond to the poll I somehow forgot to include, that would be preem. ;) I wish I could respond to everyone, but I'll have to settle with answering questions for right now.

1. This is a great question and something I was totally not too tired to type out last night. To be accepted in a spot for the RP, you will be required to submit a written sample of your work which reflects your character's introduction into the world to me privately, along with your initial character sheet on the respective character thread, once the information to make such a character sheet becomes available. Provided I approve of your sample, it may be posted in the official in-character thread and we will discuss if your sheet needs changing. EXPECT TO MAKE REVISIONS. This is not to belittle you in any way, it's merely to guarantee your character meshes well with the world.

2. I will update the GM notes section of this thread soon-ish with a couple pointers I forgot, such as what I mentioned above. Aside from that, story-wise, you're not expected to know everything about Cyberpunk 2077 or Edgerunners, even if having consumed either media is preferred for ease of description. And again, as I write more of the threads, you'll gradually know more of what is expected.

3. If I do have any questions for you, it will come later in those threads.

1. Yes, there WILL be limited spots for certain roles, though the majority of them will remain open for the most part. There will be a pretty heavy netrunner focus in this story compared to how gigs normally run, so having more than one or two netrunners will be fine.

2 & 3. Yeah, thanks for remining me. I forgot to include those. XD But this will be a long term RP, and as such, as long as people are committed to the story I won't expect more than one post a week. People have lives, and I respect that. But I will give out warnings for extended periods of silence.
saw that poll when i was browsing this sucker the second time.

gottchyea, i'll keep waitin for the deets from yea.

Man, it's been a while since I've done group RPs, I'm rusty. I've added a significantly more elaborate explanation concerning how the RP will be played out which I should've had in there to begin with. Everyone, please read it carefully to determine if you're still interested in joining or not, since at some point you will have to abide by it anyway if you want to join.

And Dannigan Dannigan , hopefully this answers any remaining questions you had. For your character, it's totally up to you, but you might want to hold out to see the possible roles.

seems to be no issue to me, used to extremely long form and long planning rps.

And, I have a history of staying active for long periods, mostly just relies upon the folks around... in truth, i've seen too many folks up and leave after spending all the time making a character and.. killing a roleplay, something folks have put alotta work into making.

so the vetting stuff you got is no trouble to me.

All looks good to me, I'm still interested. Actually I'm a little more hyped based on the added details.

Side note, welcome to rpn btw, hope yea like it here.

Thank you! I've come over from Iwaku. Things appear to be a little more lively over here and after seeing this I couldn't resist.
Tri3d fiddlin around in iwaku myself after a buddy of mine talked about it.

Not a bad place, just kept forfetting about it since this is my main haunt.

Side note, good to see the gms chose the best ending as their canon one.

Taking on Arasaka alone with Johnny is always the best.

Welcome to Night City, everyone! Now, I know the question burning in the back of your heads. How exactly will this roleplay be played? There's been multiple Cyberpunk tabletop games, 2077, and Edgerunners. Is it going to be like those?

To clarify, this will be based on a continuation from the 2077 canon, though with the integration of Edgerunners in the recent update, pretty much it's all one continuous timeline.
I see that we have stats, even hidden stats, but I'm still uncertain as to what gaming system we'll be playing and what book(s) we should be using as resources?

This is clearly a Group Roleplay but is this also a Dice Roleplay? (Forgive me if this is clear to everyone else but me; it's been sometime that I've joined an RP with complete strangers.)

For your character, it's totally up to you, but you might want to hold out to see the possible roles.
I can do that! And thank you for adding details like these. =)

Thanks for all the clarity so far! And like Jealousy said wayyyy more interested to see how these all works together!

- Along with Dannigan's question, how much is expected to be rolling? Is light or 50/50 with roleplay?

- For character introduction, how so do you mean for the rp sample? And should we wait till the character sheet is avaiable before we submit?

Thanks, and apologies if some are quite clear answers as I am new to the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back