• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic CYBERPUNK: Archangel - Interest Check [CLOSED]

Are you in?

• Hell yeah! Let's go burn a city.

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Looks preem, but can't chip in.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Nah, not my style.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what?

I know my boy is gonna be a chrome techie with a old piece of miltech failed experiment coming out of his ass.

or rather just above it.

Aha, I was also considering a character who was former Arasaka who is hard spec'd into infiltration. If there's too much overlap though I don't mind reviewing my idea and changing things up so there's not too many of us doing the same sort of thing.
Great minds, my friend!
Like I said, I'm also down for a netrunner. I can easily pivot to that idea and let you take the infiltrator.

Great minds, my friend!
Like I said, I'm also down for a netrunner. I can easily pivot to that idea and let you take the infiltrator.
Whoa, I've got a corpo assassin for Arasaka. Where's that put us? (my character idea is on the 1st page)

I’m actually aiming for a bit of the opposite, with an overzealous inquisitor type character that sticks to a pretty anti-cyberware mindset while smacking down (enemy) netrunners and corpos alike. It seems like there‘s a few peeps that have infiltration and high tech stuff covered, so making my guy a frontline loud and proud bullet sponge might round things out. A slower moving juggernaut with low tech and heavy anti-cyberware weapons could be a good fit for a team without much in the way of tanking big hits or negating enemy cyber attacks.

I hope we will have a really good medic :s

Last edited:
Whoa, I've got a corpo assassin for Arasaka. Where's that put us? (my character idea is on the 1st page)
That was part of the reason I mentioned going with a different corporate overlord like Militech to be a part of. Give Arasaka some space. Though, they are pretty central to both Edgerunners and 2077.

Great minds, my friend!
Oh no not to worry! I wasn't gonna spec into a Netrunner type at all. I was looking towards an Arasaka contract killer / assassin, someone who got sent out to kill or recover and asset.
Having had a similiar if not the same idea, there's potential here to explore some pre-established relationships / knowledge that could be fun if you're into that.

Oh no not to worry! I wasn't gonna spec into a Netrunner type at all. I was looking towards an Arasaka contract killer / assassin, someone who got sent out to kill or recover and asset.

Having had a similiar if not the same idea, there's potential here to explore some pre-established relationships / knowledge that could be fun if you're into that.
Well, my original idea was less netrunner based, but I think I'm liking the idea more and more. I may reevaluate the corpo background. At the very least, the character won't be from Arasaka to leave some space open.

Hey there! I am currently interested in this rp. I was wondering if it was still available for new players to join?

Rather than it being closed, it hasn't even opened yet. Once the character thread comes out players will be able to apply. And it's not first come first served, so don't worry about trying to jump the gun.

I saw that you mentioned that in your background info that V went solo to Arasaka and subsequently took Mr. B's job regarding the crystal palace. I know that V has a drink in the afterlife but is it confirmed that V is dead?

Nope! No confirmation. : )

Maybe they were both burned on the same mission? My character needs a partner to navigate the real world. They can be each other's handler.

I will also say this: My character watched The Passion. A part of him died that day.

I had two concepts idea that could add more people to it if we are all doing to working backgrounds together -
- First Idea was based on Militech Engineer character, more so, her parents worked into the field and she had a high apitude for it, focuses on tech and gaget like with some dipping into netrunners
- Second idea, ripperdoc, formerly a member of Trauma team but ghosted out and reformed her appearence due to certain events now provides serivce in Night City under a new name.

I had two concepts idea that could add more people to it if we are all doing to working backgrounds together -
- First Idea was based on Militech Engineer character, more so, her parents worked into the field and she had a high apitude for it, focuses on tech and gaget like with some dipping into netrunners
- Second idea, ripperdoc, formerly a member of Trauma team but ghosted out and reformed her appearence due to certain events now provides serivce in Night City under a new name.
I love the idea of a competent ripper doc on the team rather than having to go and get screwed like a joytoy by another psycho playing doctor.

I love the idea of a competent ripper doc on the team rather than having to go and get screwed like a joytoy by another psycho playing doctor.
Lol, feel that, and I was considering the team will be getting in over their heads that a good doctor (who will ask a moderate amount of eddies ;3:) will be good to be on the team to assist. I am figuring I can mix the two backgrounds in a way, but thats for more brainstorming.

Maybe they were both burned on the same mission? My character needs a partner to navigate the real world. They can be each other's handler.

I will also say this: My character watched The Passion. A part of him died that day.
That could be a fun idea. I plan for my character to be a little carefree and more upbeat, desensitized to killing but not in a brooding way... more in a "Oh hey that was actually a pretty fun fight." or "Whoa we almost died, that was awesome!". So a little disconnected from the reality of what's happening, yet entirely efficient in the execution of what she needs to do.

I also love that idea. Funny enough I also wondered about a walking ripper doc character, it was one of my backup ideas. I'm all for working some sweet character lore between backgrounds.

That could be a fun idea. I plan for my character to be a little carefree and more upbeat, desensitized to killing but not in a brooding way... more in a "Oh hey that was actually a pretty fun fight." or "Whoa we almost died, that was awesome!". So a little disconnected from the reality of what's happening, yet entirely efficient in the execution of what she needs to do.
I can vibe with that. My character is more grounded in reality, even though he spends most of his time in the Net. He's brooding but curious about everything. A bit of a drag but with more heart than most. Where your character is desensitized, he feels everything on a whole different level being a human/ai hybrid

I can vibe with that. My character is more grounded in reality, even though he spends most of his time in the Net. He's brooding but curious about everything. A bit of a drag but with more heart than most. Where your character is desensitized, he feels everything on a whole different level being a human/ai hybrid
That'd be a nice contrast. One anchoring the other by bringing to the table something the other lacks, inadvertently making up for it in a kind of way. I like it!

cp2077.jpg

My character would be a young heiress to a Militech corpo exec, on her last year in school or just after, looking to strike out on her own. She learned early on that no one is safe in Night City, and later on that loyalty among Corpos ain´t worth a damn, and as a result developed a sort of "if trouble shows its teeth, kick them in until they bite into its brains" attitude, coupled with the need to find a place for herself in the world. She could be a model, maybe work in the advertising branch for Millitech (which she has already done for a couple of ads at her mom´s behest, probably making her easily recognizable to one or two of the crew, specially if they are male...), but instead she started to explore "street life", made a few "friends" (such as you can have when most people see you as a walking wallet because you stand out like a sore thumb wherever you go), and began to learn how to use her position to meet the more interesting people on the wild side of Night City.

How far she got by the time the RP starts could be tweaked to ease integration into this crew.

As for what she can provide, well... being the daughter of a corpo exec comes with certain privileges. Like having access to the good stuff in terms of money and firepower, or the more common but arguably more important stuff, like shelters and hideouts (you can´t eat money, and sleeping in a parked tank draws attention, so having a friend that lets you use a warehouse or an apartment building with running water and electricity sure is nice, right? ).

Also, she´s one hell of a skater and rollerblader on account of having chrome feet and further adjusted her body to make her the fastest, most agile non-wheeled/anti-grav thing in Night City.

So all in all, this character can do really good things for the crew, but she has to balance that with not having to explain to her mom why Trauma Team billed her for a Gold Level rescue sortie. Less a "go in guns blazing" character, and more a "I´m still looking for someone to buy that gizmo you found last time but I brought you toothbrushes and ammo, I assume you guys can find a use for those" type. I never played the RPG so I´m not sure what class this would fall under, but I figure you might consider her a "Fixer"? Someone else floated a somewhat similar idea, so I can tweak her, or we can coordinate to play the same role but split among two people, if that will make things more interesting. She can be an off-hands leader, too, with the crew running jobs for her and her making sure they get paid, and sometimes slipping in a particularly useful item they may need.

Basically, she´s not going to be an action girl, punching through people´s skulls, unless we find ourselves in that particular point in a story where things are going to hell and even the cook has to pick up a gun.

There is probably a lot to unpack here, so go ahead and hit me with that good, old constructive criticism. I haven´t written the bio yet so I´m not going to be angry over scrapping something here and there because it made her too OP/convenient/Mary Suish/spotlight-hogging/whatever.

Oh...I might go with a Netrunner with a distaste for firearms. What she can't quickhack she has knives and/or Gorilla arms to deal with.

I also love that idea. Funny enough I also wondered about a walking ripper doc character, it was one of my backup ideas. I'm all for working some sweet character lore between backgrounds.
Awesome! If anything for an easy connection my girl works around the clock, so I figure she would know a far amount of the characters already as she would be their doc they come too

So, will your character be a netrunner? I can swap to a solo if needed.
I wasn't planning on going Netrunner. I was aiming her more into a purely combat focused individual, so armed with the neccesary outfit for quickhacks but nothing on the upper level that a Netrunner can provide.

I really like all these ideas for characters, they are pretty cool. It seems like there’s a lot of diversity with the Netrunners too. Once the character sheet pages drop, I’d be open to brainstorming some backstories with any peeps who aren’t too heavy into the Netrunner side of things, since even religious zealots need friends. Plus he needs someone to dish out hard hits while he tanks whatever gets thrown at him.

Unrelated but whoever is doc will be making bank off my guy. Unless the techies can intercept, he’ll be walking into traps and tripwires like nobodies business.

I wasn't planning on going Netrunner. I was aiming her more into a purely combat focused individual, so armed with the neccesary outfit for quickhacks but nothing on the upper level that a Netrunner can provide.
Cool. My guy will take the netrunner position then. They make a great team.

I really like all these ideas for characters, they are pretty cool. It seems like there’s a lot of diversity with the Netrunners too. Once the character sheet pages drop, I’d be open to brainstorming some backstories with any peeps who aren’t too heavy into the Netrunner side of things, since even religious zealots need friends. Plus he needs someone to dish out hard hits while he tanks whatever gets thrown at him.

Unrelated but whoever is doc will be making bank off my guy. Unless the techies can intercept, he’ll be walking into traps and tripwires like nobodies business.
Happy to be in serivce then lol, I think I will settle into the doc role for the group so maybe they already have known relationship as his go to doctor to handle all the wreck in his body
I can already see her calling him her favorite wrecking ball money machine lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back