• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Cursed Post... (Sigh,, Diabolik Lovers?)

Blxxckbird

Member of the Akatsuki.
Let me explain myself.

My friend recently put me on to the anime Diabolik Lovers, and let's get one thing straight. I know the anime is bad, okay? But it has become a guilty pleasure of mine. I feel like it has such potential for a good story and premise, but misses the mark in many ways. So, I really have two options as far as letting off my frustrations about these things: writing a fanfic, or starting an rp over it. Aaand, given the fact that I definitely thrive writing with other people as oppose to alone, I am going to try the latter.

If you are not a fan of the anime, but understand/ enjoy the general premise then I would advise that you keep reading because this may still interest you.

So, basically I would prefer this to be an OC x Canon rp, with me playing the OC. However, I am not opposed to playing Yui. Though, if I do it would be a pretty OC version of her, because a lot of my complaint with the show lies in her character. Again, another one of those things that has potential but misses the mark, hence why I don't mind playing her, just my own way.
In the spirit of my own character preference, I don't think I would be opposed to a partner who would want to play their own OC, I would just like a character description (mainly just personality/ how they would fit into the plot) to decide if it is something I'd truly want to pursue. If you want to play your own spin on a canon character, that is not only acceptable but encouraged (again with the, right idea but missing the mark complaint).
Just know I would be more responsive to potential partners that agree to play the canon characters.
Also, I do have vague plot ideas so no worries I'm equipped lol.

I would basically be cool with any of the vamp boys being played by a partner, second season brothers included, really the only two I don't particularly love are Reiji and Laito, so anyone other than those two.

Kanato, Shu, Subaru, Ruki and Kou are my faves, if that helps make any decisions lol.

As far as the other characters go, as in the 'side characters' in the potential rp,
I do not double mains. I will not play a counter to a second main character of yours, I'm sorry but it is just something my brain gets too confused and frantic trying to do. That being said, hopefully the plot we develop for our mains will be interesting and fun enough to both of us that there won't be a desire to have more mains involved, anyways, at least that's how I like to rp. Now, with all of that being said, of course since there are so many characters, we can divide them up amongst each other to decide who plays who when they show up in scenes, or we can just leave that up to whoever in the scene is writing against them, it doesn't really matter to me since they are not mains. Of course, I understand there may be situations in the story where two side characters interact independent of the mains, or possibly a main and a side character, etc. and that is fine and doable. I just have a hard time continuing rp's that I constantly have to be writing two stories simultaneously in.

As for other writing specifications, proper grammar is of course a must. I also prefer a bit of length in my writing and partners (obviously, given this long ass recruitment post), I can normally whip up at least three paragraphs, if not a whole novella. Though, I know length is not everyone's forte, so I will leave a minimum requirement of three paragraphs, as a number to strive for. Of course, things happen and get short at times, but I do not like one liners, or single paragraphs and will lose interest fast if that starts to happen so just be mindful of that.

Anyways with all of that out of the way, I am not super confident on how many responses this one will get so if you wouldn't mind indulging my annoying little weeb heart, I would be forever in your debt. <3 Message me if you're interested, please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back