• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"If there is nothing else, we will take our leave," Jalin said with a smile. having accomplished their goals, they just needed to go make some deposits at the bank and secure transport, because travelling a kingdom on foot with the party healer and brute out of commission was going to be agony.

“Just a moment. You’ve done us a service and should be rewarded. What are your plans from here?”

Roy replied. “We intended to head north, to Woodvale.”

“Traveling then. Do you have mounts for your group?”

Emilia shook her head. “Not exactly.”

"In large part, we cannot use normal mounts," Jalin explained, nodding towards Emilia, "Emilia cannot ride a horse, nor can horses alone carry supplies we will need for a long journey." Some strong horses and a good cart would meet that need, with summoned mounts filling the others.

"Then allow me to make arrangements for you and your group. I'll have a wagon and horses prepared for you at the northern gate, ready for your departure whenever you decide to leave."

Jalin smiled at that, "Thank you for your kindness, do you believe these arrangements can be made by tomorrow morning, perchance?" He made a mental note to check the ever-magicked hell out of that wagon and those horses for spyhexes and enchantments.

Jalin gave a slight bow of his head as he heard the servant moving away. "If that is all, your highness, we have our own preparations to make before our departure from this city."

The king nodded. "Of course. Safe travels."

Fitzroy gave a bow. "Do visit again if your travels bring you this way."

"We will be sure to," Jalin smiled and returned the bow, before he tapped his cane and turned to leave with the others. "I believe our first stop with the others will be to make deposits of our treasure at the bank, yes?", he asked the other two once they'd left the chamber. "Then to buy supplies."

"Of course."

Back at the inn, Turac was eagerly awaiting relief of cat duty. Siege by now had completely destroyed Emilia's rope and had resumed her pacing, and Nidia was Nidia. So when his brother and the other two returned to help, he was basically wiped from trying to keep them out of trouble.

"Your silk's a pain to get out of teeth," Siege commented.

"We are going to the bank," Jalin said, "The king is arranging for horses and a wagon, but we must procure our own supplies. Who wants to come with us?" Siege raised her hand immediately.

Nidia likewise raised her hand as she sat up on her bed.

Roy glanced at Emilia before looking at Turac. “Looks like we’re all going, or would you rather stay here, Turac?”

"I keep my coin in my belly," Turac sighed and sank down onto a chair, "I don't need humanoid banks to secure my treasure."

"Suit yourself," Jalin shrugged, "Katsuo, are you coming?"

Katsuo dipped his head. "I will accompany you for this, yes."

Roy turned and started heading out. "Then let's get going."

Jalin smiled and tapped his cane, leaving with the others. Siege crossed her arms under her chest as they moved through the tavern, willing her tail to not betray anything, but as sharp as beastfolk noses were everyone and their mother probably knew what was going on by now. She should know by now that it was an inn, nobody really cared what you used the bed for as long as you didn't break it or kill someone in it.

Finding the bank wasn't any harder than finding the castle, they just had to look for the white marble building poking above the rooftops in the business district. This one was smaller than the one in Sunset Port, with only a single gateway to the magic vault Naela had described. Their rings, bracelets and amulets glowed and buzzed as they walked in, making Siege jump.

"Ah, I see you've come to use our services again!", came the familiar voice of the high elf Naela who had talked them into these accounts to begin with.

"Come to withdraw or make a deposit?", Naela asked.

"Deposit," Jalin answered, "What is the process?"

"Right this way," Naela smiled and clicked a device on her brooch, whispering something into it that even Jalin couldn't make out clearly. She smiled at them and led them towards a large arch, "Do try not to get lost in the Vault," she said as she led them through, and they found themselves in a building many many many times larger than the facility itself. The big vault. "Remind me your last names?"

"Chimer," Siege said.

"Cruor," Jalin nodded.

"Right," Naela nodded, directing each of them to a different floor and tunnel number of the vault, organized alphabetically and by account number. "Please not to get lost, your rings are the keys to your strongboxes."

"Call if you need help," Naela smiled and stepped aside to let them go. They all took a moment to take their shares of the last adventure, with Roy taking the one for the group account as well, and going off to find their slots.

Roy and Siege, having the same last name and their accounts being opened sequentially, were right next to each other. Emilia and Nidia were basically by themselves, and Jalin was further down the 'C' section with the twins. The group account box was elsewhere, deeper in the vault, which took some navigating.

Roy, Nidia, and Emilia had no trouble finding their boxes to make their deposits. As Nidia and Emilia headed back to wait for the group to regroup, Roy headed on to find the group box.

Siege dumped the majority of her gold into the thing, but she did keep a few handfuls on her person. Jalin split his in half, storing the rest in the bag of holding. You never knew when you'd need to make a transaction but couldn't afford a paper trail.

Siege, Jalin, and Katsuo returned to the others as Roy went to the group box, which was down a long, winding tunnel that got pretty dim, but wasn't too dark for his Truesight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back