• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

In the box went, carrying it's cargo into the dimensional rift of the bag of holding, the room going silent as Sinach vanished. "Remind me to check in a few minutes and make sure he's still alive," Jalin said as he sat back down and wrote in his journal.

Katsuo nodded. “I will.” He was used to acting as a timer for Niudisa when she was juggling projects, so reminding Jalin to check on Sinach shouldn’t be an issue.

Ten minutes later, and when they checked the little dragon it did not seem he was suffering any ill effects from not having air to breathe in there. if anything he was even more talkative, as sound does not exist in a vacuum. "So we'll keep him there for a few days," Jalin nodded and put the box back.

"It is called sensory deprivation," Jalin replied, "After so long with no sense of time, sound, or anything but touch, he will become malleable. Or resentful. But either way, he will not mistreat us so again."

"In any case," Jalin shrugged, "He will learn to hold his tongue when insults fly to his mind, or i will find a use for his draconic blood."

“Just be sure to discuss it with the others. They may not take kindly to you killing a member of the party without providing an explanation first.”

"Oh, he is far more useful alive," Jalin chuckled, "But I will milk his circulatory system for all I can to keep him lethargic if he cannot behave."

Over in the next room, Siege's pacing had taken on wrapping her arms around herself as she walked, grumbling about the other cat in the group.

Emilia glanced over at Siege every now and then as she was weaving something. It looked like she was making another rope of some kind.

“I’m making something for you.” Emilia took the piece of rope and started tying it into a knot. “It should be durable enough for you to take out some aggression before it falls apart.”

Emilia messed with it a bit longer until it was in a firm knot, tied up so it wouldn't simply unwrap. She tossed it to Siege. "Here. Just rip it up."

Siege caught the knotted rope easily. It had been much longer when Emilia had woven it, but te way she'd knotted it had turned it into a thick stick of fibers as big around as a table leg and about as long. As hard as wood when compressed, too. Combined with it being spidersilk, meant that it made a very sturdy improvised scratching post. Like any cat, Siege enjoyed using her claws to render destruction on anything that seemed like they'd catch on, though her parents and Nyah had been quick to break her from doing that to the walls and furniture outside her bedroom after she destroyed her parents' favorite loveseat.

When Roy and Turac got back, Siege was still at it, ripping at the thing. It at least afforded some safe harbor for Nidia to come into the room without being stabbed.

Emilia smiled as she saw her gift he it to good use.

Roy paused as they returned, spotting Nidia sitting out in the hall. “Ah...”

Nidia looked over. “She said we could stay if we didn’t bother her.”

“Did you bother her?”

“No, but I figured I would, eventually.”

“I said I didn’t. I just wasn’t going to take the chance.”

Roy shook his head. “As long as she’s not actively throwing things or people, it shouldn’t be necessary. I take it Emilia’s in there?” Nidia gave a nod. “Right, well, we can see how they’re getting along and go from there.”

"Your choice," Turac shrugged, leaning against the wall. He focused his attention on Nidia, "Do you think there may be a drug you can produce to terminate this state?" Drugs to induce it existed, maybe the converse did. Turac wasn't familiar with alchemy, dragons rarely needed it.

Inside the girls' room, Siege and Emilia weren't at each other's throats, at least. Emilia sat on one bed, Siege sat at the foot of another ripping at the scratching cord Emilia made.

Nidia tilted her head. “Hm...not one that I’ve found. Maybe a mixture of things, but I’d have to really experiment.”

Roy knocked on the door, waiting for Emilia’s confirmation that it was safe before opening the door. He peeked in, looking at the two of them before glancing back at Turac. “I think it’s fine for now.”

"Perhaps you might search for that," Turac nodded. He looked at Roy as he said his piece and nodded again, "If she needs to be restrained, you know were to find me."

Roy nodded. "Of course. Nidia, I think you can go in now."

Nidia stood up and stretched out with her arms over her head. She held the pose a bit longer than necessary before stepping into the room.

Roy didn't really have anything to discuss with them, so he closed the door and headed to the other room.

"We have made progress!", Jalin announced when Roy and Turac entered.

"Where is the Book?", Turac asked, not spotting Sinach.

"He's in the bag of holding."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back