• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Roy rubbed his nose. "Sure..." He glanced over as Nidia joined them at the table, promptly resting her head down on the table.

Nidia lifted her head to look at her. "Out of breath... I need an instrument...I can play without...my mouth...phew..."

If Nidia had not grown up in a tavern, the drink Siege had given her probably would have made her gag and cough, the drink searing its way down her throat. "It's good, ain't it?", Siege said with a smile, calling to a barmaid, "Hey, Drotting-vala!" The barmaid nodded and went to go fetch another pint of the drink.

Nidia swallowed her rather large gulp before vigorously shaking her head, though not in disagreement. "Woo! That'll wake you up on the first cup and knock you out on the second. Thanks." She smiled as she slid the mug back over to Siege.

Roy tilted his head. "...I can smell that drink from here, how did you manage that?"

Nidia giggled. "I grew up in a tavern. And I'm not quite as delicate as I look."

"Right on!", Siege cheered and held up her hand for a fist bump with the other cat at the table, "Bro, how are all the girls at this table tougher than you are?" She laughed at her joke and jabbed Roy on the shoulder, "Lighten up, we're supposed to be having fun!"

Nidia smiled and bumped her fist to Siege's. Roy rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Toughness is well and good, but it's not for everyone."

"Good luck getting a girlfriend," Siege chuckled, "I hope there's someone out there with a thing for wimps!"

"Okay, that's a bit rude," Sinach winced.

Roy shook his head. "For your sake, I likewise hope there's someone with a thing for... Whatever you are."

Emilia looked at her. "You're aiming awfully high. Won't settle for a humble merchant, even if he is kind and attractive?"

Roy groaned. “Gods, I hope not. If we can find one of these just sitting around hidden somewhere, I will be overjoyed.”

"We both know that's not gonna happen." Siege and Roy were the children of a treasure hunter, these kinds of artifacts were NEVER left just sitting around. Siege smirked and leaned over the table, "What do you guys think? Think I can flirt my way to a dragonstone?"

"If he's blind, deaf, and bereft of limbs." Sinach blurted. The paper dragon was forcibly refolded into a flattened sheet of paper for that as Siege slammed her cup down on the creature's head. "Ow..."

"Like you're not?" Roy called after her before shaking his head. "Geez... No one here's in heat, right? She tends to copy others in that regards and it makes her moody."

Nidia shook her head. "Not me."

"Wait, that's a real thing?", Sinach raised an eyebrow when he managed to de-flatten his head, "I thought that was just normal lions!"

Roy shrugged. "Apparently not. I unfortunately always knew when our parents were doing it because, somehow, she'd start feeling the need and get moody. Ugh, it was even worse when Shuffle would go into heat. Those weeks, I'd just stay in my room with the door barred. Best way to avoid them both."

"Well," Sinach was slowly refolding back to his normal shape and straightening out wrinkles, "Wish I could find a lady drake like that, damn." He looked around the table, "Where's Emilia? She's been quiet." In this group that was terrifying.

"Well, that's a nice change," Sinach fluttered out the remaining creases, "So how long are we waiting for Jalin?"

---------------

Jalin laid besides Sal in bed. "Well, that wasn't on the agenda," he chuckled. "How are you feeling?"

“Someone suggested a couple hours, I believe. How long has it been?”

—————

Sal let out a breath. “Slightly more sober and significantly more satisfied. I’m not even sure how we got here.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back