• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Niudisa kept watch on Ellone throughout the night. She didn't comment when Joanne returned, but only because she couldn't think of anything clever regarding bug guts. Shuffle slept quite well in her hanging bundle, despite her restless condition.

Asta grumbled as Turac's squeaking woke him up. "Mm... Jerry..."

"I know," Jerry muttered, sitting up and looking around for the goodberry bush. "It's too early for this." The little turtle made a thump when he fell off the bed trying to waddle after Jerry for food. "Whoa! Are you alright?" Turac had landed on his back and was wobbling around, trying to flip himself back over, but was otherwise unharmed.

Adran came out the tent and just looked at the result of Beri's pacing. "Did you even sleep?"

"Do you make a habit of just going to bed when possessed?", Beri growled.

Asta looked down at Turac before hopping down next to him and using his nose to flip the little turtle upright again.

Erina looked over from where she was stretching on her bed, having heard the two of them. "I did no such thing. And I let you go."

Turac was much bigger and weighed much more than Asta's kitten size, so flipping him over took some struggle. When Asta had Turac back on his plastron, Jerry put a little red berry in the beack of the turtle as he opened his mouth to complain about the incident. The turtle's eyes lit up when he realized food was there and happily nommed around his mouth in search of that berry to swallow it.

"You were warned not to possess me, woman," Beri growled, coiling to pounce past Adran at the arachne.

Asta let out a breath as he finished turning the turtle over. He was used to having more strength than that.

Erina narrowed her eyes. “I possessed no one, I simply gave you an order because you were misbehaving. And you should keep in mind I can speak another before you reach me, so it would be wise to calm down.”

"Tired already?", Jerry grinned at Asta's exertion, "I didn't know you could get tired."

Beri didn't respond only pounced at Erina in a ball of fire, singing the door of the tent as he passed.

Asta shook his head. “It’s different when I’m small...”

Erina followed through with her threat, shouting her command without moving from her bed. “SIT!”

Jerry chuckled as she put her dress on, "Too bad tiny's no fun."

Mid-pounce, Beri's body disobeyed him and the ball of fire shaped like a cat was reshaped into a sitting position and went rolling at a horrible angle, head first through a bedpost. Flames lapped up at Erina's carapace as that part of the bed slammed down on Beri's head. The crunch of bone said that had broken his neck. "BERI!", and then the fireball thrust arachne and elf out of the tent.

Asta huffed. “I’m inclined to agree.”

Shuffle blinked her eyes open as the sound of chaos woke her up, letting out a yawn before looking around for the source.

Erina rolled in a mess of legs upon exiting the tent. She groaned and took a moment to recover before looking back towards the tent. “That’s not what I meant to- ELEONORA!” She scrambled to get back upright so she could get her daughter out of that burning mess.

"Come on," Jerry reached down to pick Asta up before the ground shook with Beri's explosion. "What just happened?" Turac squealed and hid inside his shell at the shaking.

"HEY!", Ellone shouted, "YOU'LL CAUSE A CAVEIN DOING THAT SHIT!"

"BERI!" Erina dove in for the hydra, which was climbing the rafters trying to escape the flames, Adran for his cat. Priorities!

Asta glanced around. “I’m unsure. We should investigate.”

Adran managed to get in before Erina did, but once she was in, she spotted Eleonora quickly and reached up to grab her.

Jerry sighed and hurried out of the tent, "What just happened!?" Adran and Erina hurried out of their burning tent with a Beri cub and Eleonora in their arms. "Shit!", Jerry jumped back into her tent to grab the flask and do something about that fire.

Erina stopped once she was away from the flames, checking to make sure Eleonora was alright before looking over at Adran. "That was not my intention..."

Shuffle offered her help, using her frost breath from where she was.

Adran put up a hand to Erina, "Hang on, I gotta deal with dipshit first." He held up the cub by his scruff, "So what did we learn?" Jerry and Shuffle were getting the fire under control, so disciplining his cat took priority.

"You can blame that result on Erina," the tiny cub growled.

"No, you stupid cat, I can blame that one on you."

Erina sighed. "I will admit that wasn't the best choice of commands, but I only did that because you charged."

"I have only made two requests of you, woman!", Beri growled, "And you consistenly fail both!" Being tiny that wasn't as intimidating as it could have been, and he only got popped on the nose for his trouble.

"And what were you gonna do if you killed all three of us in that tent?", Adran demanded, "If you're not gonna behave you're gonna be tiny."

"Only because you forced my hand. Had you done as Adran asked in the first place, I would not have used the chain on you."

"And you burned that bridge on your own! OW!" Adran popped the leopard on the nose again.

By now the fires were down, and Jerry turned her attention to Adran and Erina, "So who set your tent on fire?" Adran pointed at the cub in his hand. "Put him on the table."

Adran laid the cub on the table and stepped back as Jerry drew a handful of knives and pinned the cub too it with them. "Beri, you don't have decision making priveleges anymore." She reached into her bag for the wooden cage and put it around Beri, thrusting it into Adran's hands, "He stays tiny. I don't care what comes up, unless a god comes down here and makes him big, he stays tiny, and he doesn't get to make decisions." She turned to look at the smoking tent, "And he better find a god to pray too that he didn't just completely destroy everything in there."

Erina looked towards the tent. “It would be a terrible waste. I’m just glad I keep my loom outside the tent...”

"Well go see if there's still stuff to fold up in there." Jerry gestured towards the opening, "We'll need to put it in the deckbox to let it repair."

"Yeah, I know," Adran sighed and set Beri down on the table to go see what was still intact. Fortunately, all of it could still be folded, it just wouldn't be useable for a while while it repaired. Erina wouldn't be sleeping in her bed for a while. Even the cards were charred.

Erina went with him to help getting everything folded again. “At least I can sleep in a web if need be.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back