• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Niudisa looked at Adran. "We're not that similar. But I'm not sold on the idea of bringing her with us either. Sure it's fun to poke fun at her, but I think she'd get on my nerves after a while."

Corona shook her head. "I don't think she would accept the proposal anyway."

Shuffle nodded. "Strength in numbers!"

Niudisa huffed but she didn't argue further. She knew they were right about that, at least.

"Our numbers are already large," Joanne shook her head.

"It's already taking two casts of Create Food and Water to feed you all," Adran shook his head, "One can feed fifteen, but we're already doing two, I can feed up to forty five if I have to."

"Oh, gods no!"

Fia spoke up. "But she is a fairy. Niudisa only eats a couple berries when we have meals, so I don't think she'd eat much more."

Niudisa glanced at her. "Don't watch me eat."

Erina nodded. “Likely due to her size, but yes, I agree.”

Niudisa started blushing as she put her ears back. “You- Both of you, shut it! I am not cute!”

"You can argue, but you're adorable," Adran chuckled, turning to do a head count again and make sure everyone was still here. It seemed everyone was, "Well, if we're not doing anything productive, I guess we've got time to sit around and do nothing."

"We did that for weeks," Joanne growled.

Niudisa huffed and grumbled, but she could see she wasn’t winning this argument.

Shuffle looked over at Joanne. “We can get out those drinks again! I don’t remember anything that happened that night, so I bet they would make the time go by really fast!”

"Absolutely not," Joanne shook her head.

"Where's Nyah?", Jerry asked, glancing around, but couldn't spot the djinn.

"She got bit when the worms attacked," Lyak said, not looking up from her project, "And then she vanished."

Shuffle blinked and glanced around. “...ah! Nyah!” She wiggled in her bundle, trying and failing to get the puzzle cube.

Shuffle nodded. “That’s where she goes.” Adran’s patting seemed to get Shuffle excited and she started wiggling more. She’d managed to grab the box somehow, and one of the corners could be felt from the outside of it, but she couldn’t actually get her arm up out of the bundle.

"There we go," Adran worked threads loose enough that the box could be wiggled through, "Who can open the box?" Jerry raised her hand.

Shuffle whined when Adran moved away, but her short attention span let her get back to the topic at hand. “She helped me last time. But I got to move the last piece so that Nyah wouldn’t think I can’t figure it out.”

"You will," Jerry promised as Adran tosssed her the box and she started fiddling with pieces, "I've gotta teach her how puzzles work at some point," she muttered, before handing it back to Adran, "All she's gotta do is turn that over," she pointed to the piece to be moved so Adran could have Shuffle do it. Unfortunately, it had been too recently that Nyah had returned to the puzzle box, and the puzzle didn't let her out when the piece was moved, the piece just clicked back into its previous position.

Shuffle used her close to where Adran had extracted the cube, smiling as she waited for Nyah to reappear. When didn’t show up though, Shuffle frowned. “Nyah?”

'I," Adran tried manipulating the piece, but it just clicked back into the unsolved position. "Is it broken?" He looked at Shuffle, "Do you think your acid could have broken it?"

Shuffle shook her head. “No. It shouldn’t. It hasn’t before...” She was already tearing up at just the thought.

Niudisa spoke up. “She’s a magical entity, isn’t she? Her form is made of magic, so if taking damage to that form drains her magic, she’ll need time to regenerate her mana.”

"That's possible," Lyak nodded, holding up the result of her work for Erina's approval. It was a small dress that was the size of a doll, or a fairy. Lyak definitely lacked Erina's skill, there were loose threads in places and it was somewhat crudely constructed.

"So then we just have to wait for her to be ready to come out," Adran set the puzzle box down on the empty dinner table.

"Has anyone seen Turac?", Jerry asked suddenly, looking around for the dragon turtle. He'd just been sitting next to her biting on the bone of the meat he'd eaten, but he'd gotten up and moved at some point during the discussion. Eleonora had pulled a similar disappearing act, somehow.

Erina looked at Lyak’s work and smiled at her. “Well done. Keep practicing, you’re making good progress.”

Asta looked over at Jerry. “Ah, no... Where could he have gone?” He started looking and sniffing around.

Erina glanced at them before looking at her shoulder. “Mm, Eleonora seems to have done the same...”

Lyak beamed at Erina's praise, returning to her work as Adran joined the search for the hatchlings. Asta's nose brought him to around and between the tents where Turac was waddling along, his head turned to the side so the pig's leg bone in his mouth pointed skyward, and at the top of that legbone Eleonora was waving about like a flag, the two seemed to be having fun doing that. Turac squeaked and dropped the bone when he saw Asta's massive head appear, thinking he'd done something wrong, The tiny hydra squeaked and hissed at Turac for dropping her when she hit the ground.

Asta paused as he saw the two of them and smiled. “Ah, there you are. Are you two having fun?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back