• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Erina nodded. “Yes, we’re all good. For now.” Her smile went cold before she turned away to settle down in her bed.

Adran's eyelid twitched at the smile change, but that was probably the best he was getting at the moment. He at least knew from experience to keep a shield spell handy. "Good night."

“Good night~” She sounded like she was in a better mood, at least. Whether that was a good thing or not was hard to tell. In any case, she settled down and went to sleep.

Morning, or whatever everyone's internal clocks could approximate to be morning came around, waking up or finding something to do. Adran left the tent before Erina woke up to summon some food for the party's breakfast.

Jerry got absolutely no sleep last night. She looked like a walking corpse by the time she threw on her cloak, leaving Poli and Asta in the tent, and poked her head into Erina's and Adran's to see if they were awake. Adran wasn't in there, but Erina was.

Thoradin, thanks to the magic he used to make his stuff so quickly, had a nice little pile of blue leather sitting next to the partially gone through stack of hides, already processed for hair removed and being sprayed by a construct every few minutes. The leather wasn't finished by any means, finishing dye to turn it brown and prep it for stuff.

Asta and Poli remained asleep as Jerry. At least, it’s assumed Poli was asleep. They didn’t react, but there was no way to tell for sure.

Erina was still asleep, but as the tent curtain moved for the second time, she began to stir in her bed.

Shuffle was feeling quite refreshed and energetic when she woke, so she quickly roused Fia before scampering out to find some food. Fia followed more slowly.

Raine was still in her tent, asleep among the locks and picks that she’d been practicing with.

Emil was just waking up with a stretch.

"Erina?" Jerry was sorry if she was waking the arachne up, but Jerry needed counsel and she suspected Veo's answer after the last similar conversation. "Are you awake?", at least she was trying to speak at a volume where she wasn't shouting Erina awake. Jerry hadn't really noticed since getting up, but the bony protrusions on her back had grown overnight, there were now joints and muscle and scale reaching up the bone.

Hurriedly following the two out, Nyah came around through the tent to follow Shuffle and Fia. Following the smell of food, Adran had apparently cast Create Food and Water a few times consecutively, the volume of food was greater than normal. He apparently thought he'd need to summon more than normal to feed the larger party size.

Nalla, apparently a heavy sleeper, snored like a dragon. Emfa's sleep was fitful thanks to that, but she couldn't rouse the goliath to make her stop. Somehow Joanne was unbothered by the noise.

"Good morning," Veo rolled over and yawned.

Erina lifted her head, eyes squinting as she looked around with a trail of drool coming from the corner of her mouth. “Ha?” She spotted Jerry and paused a moment before she sat up and stretched. “Ah, good morning...” She went ahead and started running her fingers through her hair to fix her bed head.

Shuffle found the food easily and started helping herself, if no one stopped her. Fia woke up a bit more at the smell of food.

Emil glanced over before sitting up. “Good morning. It’s amazing what a difference a bed can make.”

The only thing said to Shuffle was to make sure she left enough that everyone could eat. Adran waved to the others that had woken up and come out of their tents to come eat, as well. "If you guys don't eat it it's gonna vanish in an hour."

-----------------------
"Yeah," Veo sat up and stretched, yawning loudly. Cow lady needed a hairbrush, but they were in heavily shortened supply since the only one she knew of was the one Adran used to brush Beri, maybe Joanne had one and hadn't told anyone. "Could do with a bath, though."

-----------------------
"You got a minute?", for once Jerry sounded a different kind of stressed from her usual 'I'm surrounded by idiots' tone. "It's urgent."

Shuffle looked at Adran before glancing back at Nyah. “Can you make sure everyone wakes up to get food?”

—————

Emil nodded. “That would be nice. The only water I would feel safe bathing in down here is healing water though, and I wouldn’t bet on finding a natural spring of it large enough to bathe in.”

—————

Erina looked at her before nodding. “Yes, of course. What do you need?”

"Of course," Nyah smiled and went to go find everyone not awake and at the breakfast table. Lyak had passed out wrapped in the sheet Erina and Nalla had used as a curtain. When Nyah woke her up, though, the effects of the potion had worn off and they couldn't understand a word of each other, so Nyah went off to go find Raine and wake her up.

-----------------------
"Or just fill a pit with it," Veo bent over to pull her bag out from under the bed and get re-equipped with all her accessories. Her blooms were a pale shade a pink after a night in the tent.

-----------------------
Jerry came in and started pacing around in the middle of the tent, laying out everything that happened last night with Asta. How he'd just blurted out that he wanted to be the father of her children, how she didn't know what to do or if she even could do it, she didn't know what to tell Asta or what to do and she was panicking for once so she came to Erina. It took her a moment to realize she'd stopped taking in breaths during that blurb and she started gasping for air.

Raine hadn’t yet woken up, but it wouldn’t be hard to get her up.

—————

“Or that. I bet Shuffle would love digging that out.” Emil got up and took a moment to fix his hair and straighten his clothes before going to get his lute.

—————

Erina blinked as Jerry flooded her with the story. “...oh. Well, let’s start by taking deep breaths and calming down.”

"Hey," Nyah shook the kobold's shoulders to rouse her. Looking around for the potion bottle, she picked it up, uncorked it, and held it to the kobold's lips once she was in a sitting position.

-----------------------
That made Veo giggle, "I bet she would." She nodded, "I'm gonna go see how Jerry's wings are doing." She took her bag and left to go see if Jerry was awake. Poking her head in the tent to find that desired occupant going, she looked around for her until she decided to check if Erina had seen her, finding them in the middle of their discussion.

"I'm sorry, it's just," Jerry's hands looked like she was trying to explain something, but for once Jerry didn't have an explanation or a plan.

"Am I interuppting something?", Veo asked, "I can come back later."

Raine looked at the bottle once she was up before taking a drink from it and handing it back. She let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes.

—————

Emil nodded and headed out to the food.

Erina looked over as Veo came in. “Ah, Jerry came to me for relationship advice, but my only relationship is...complicated. Perhaps you could help?”

"Thank you, breakfast is on the table," Nyah turned and went to go back to Lyak and have her drink the potion as well. "Adran made breakfast, go."

"Why would I eat anything he made?", Lyak crossed her arms.

"Because I'm not going to cast Create Food and Water for a goblin with a grudge, and apparently he's a really good cook," Nyah replied, handing the goblin the potion before vanishing to go bother the others that hadn't woken up yet.

-----------------------
Well, now they had Veo's attention, she came in and sat down on Adran's bed. "What's going on?" Jerry relayed the story again, remembering to breathe this time. "Wait, wait, so Asta wants-"

"Yes."

"And you don't?"

"I don't know! That's the problem!"

"O...kay?" Veo stifled a yawn, "I mean, I don't see why not. You're both adults."

"He's a chimera."

"He's intelligent enough to realize the gravity of his request and ask for consent, animals don't do that," Veo shrugged, "How many stories involve a highly intelligent animal sleeping with a person? The only difference in this case is that Asta isn't a god in disguise. I'd argue he counts as a person. I mean, definitely wait until your wings are finished, but the usual argument against sleeping with animals hardly applies with an Awakened one."

Raine wandered out of her tent before going to get her share of food.

—————

Erina spoke up. “Is it just that he’s a chimera, or are you adverse to having children at all?”

Adran did a head count. "Beri, Joanne, Emfa, Shuffle, Fia, Raine, Lyak, me, Nalla, Emil," that left Poli, Asta, Jerry, Veo, Erina, and Niudisa that weren't eating. Considering Poli had just eaten a goblin last night it would probably last the mimic a week, so there were only five that weren't at the table yet. "Nyah, you went to get Niudisa, right?"

"I saw her glow through the tent, I assumed she was already awake," Nyah shrugged, "Fey are not my specialty."

-----------------------
"I don't know, both?" Jerry sat down next to Erina, resting her head on her hand.

Veo shook her head, "So this is stressing you out... more than normal." She glanced at the tent flap and then back at Jerry, "He cares about you, you should have seen how stressed he was while Emera had you. It's not like he's gonna leave you for another woman."

"It was never supposed to get this complicated," Jerry muttered, looking at the floor.

Fia glanced over. “Niudisa doesn’t sleep. She just stays up with her work.”

—————

“Hm...” Erina looked up at the ceiling of the tent for a few moments. “What if you found a child instead? One that didn’t have parents to care for it? He would get the family he desires and you wouldn’t have to make the child.”

"Then she will come to eat when she is hungry," Nyah shrugged, "I trust she could hear us, the tent is hardly soundproof."

---------------
"I guess?", Jerry gave a shrug, "I don't know how to care for a kid, even if I wanted to." Asta had been pretty specific about wanting to be the father, too.

"Nobody knows, not really," Veo glanced at the tent flap briefly, "What about the dragon turtle?"

"What about it?"

"It's gotta hatch at some point, unless it's dead," Veo shrugged, "Maybe you could try with that, see if it's within your capabilities. You speak Draconic, don't you?"

Fia nodded and kept eating.

Niudisa eventually came out of her tent, carrying a sheet of paper with enchantment runes drawn on it.

—————

Erina nodded. “That’s a good idea. And if you find that you’re struggling, the rest of us can help.”

Adran gestured to the table of food being eaten when Niudisa appeared. "Help yourself."

------------------
"I don't know," Jerry shook her head, "If I'd have known I'd end up like this I'd have stayed on the mainland. Stupid fucking cursed underwear turned me into a woman." She grumbled that last part, barely audible or intelligible even though Erina was right next to her.

Niudisa looked at the table before fluttering over to help herself. “Shuffle, I’ll need your help with something once we finish eating. And also anyone who has a blade.”

—————

“Well, you’re here now. And we’re all better off for that. I certainly appreciate what you do for the group.”

"Why do you need a blade?", Joanne asked, putting her fork down.

-------------------
"I know," Jerry shrank in on herself a bit and yawned. A night with no sleep was starting to get her. "Can I just..." She gestured to Adran's bed, "Can I hide out in here for a while?"

"You want me to get you something to eat?", Veo asked. Jerry nodded. "Okay," the minotaur left to go pilfer the breakfast table.

Niudisa held up the paper she brought. “I put the fire proof armor enchantment on this paper and I wanna see if it works.”

—————

Erina gave Jerry a pat on the back before getting up. “I’m sure this’ll work out in the end. We’ll be here to help you through it.”

"Oh, that's it?", Nyah floated over, snapping her fingers and producing a dagger, probably from Jerry's stash by the ramshackle look of it. "I can do fire as well."

"Don't mind me," Veo smiled as she came to the table and piled a plate. "Girl talk," she turned around and left with a plate of food, heading back to Erina's tent.

---------------
"Thank you," Jerry smiled. She got up and went to sit on the bed Adran had occupied last night. "Do me a favor, don't tell Asta or Poli where I am?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back