• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"I've promised nae except to restore yer items and forge yer friends armor and an axe, fairy," Thoradin replied, "I've already done most of that and now ye've brought magebane, I can do the rest. What ye wish for one them there pots, is a separate agreement."

"Oh, speaking of separate trades," Adran fished out the pieces of the broken box Jerry found in Urodor's hoard, "Jerry said she wanted to see about getting that fixed, I've got metal to trade for it if that's what you want."

Thoradin looked over the pieces, "Tis but a broken boat's box, elf, nail it back together and wipe it with magebane oil to reactivate its magics." He shook his head, "That one's a freebie, it won't even take a full ten minutes."

-------------------------
Jerry sat quietly, wincing, occasionally yelping as Veo tried to figure out where these bones came from and how to put them back. Eventually, the healer came to the conclusion that they'd been severely moved and had Jerry drink something to put her to sleep, before cutting into her a bit more than the goblin had to find that place.
Lyak blinked, confused at what Erina was trying to say. That dress was bigger than she was, Lyak barely came up to the first joint from Erina's feet, the skirt alone was longer than Lyak was tall. "Krika ler vaka lili?"

Last edited:
Niudisa nodded. “Alright.” She looked to Adran. “Besides armor, an axe, and a boat, is there anything else we need?”

—————

Erina thought for a moment. “Hm, let’s see... Ah, your,” she pointed to Lyak, “clothes.” She tugged on her own chest wrap.

Adran thought about that for a while. "Well, I can think of a few magic items that would be useful, but I don't think Thoradin can produce any. And we'll need time to collect leather for pack-making, and of course Thoradin to tan that leather," he nodded towards the dwarf, "But beyond that," he looked towards Asta, "Is there anything specific you want, Asta?" Then he realized something else, "Oh, we'll also need stuff to enchant with Jerry's armor ability, rings and whatnot."

-----------------------------
Lyak averted her gaze from Erina's chest, glancing down at her own and crossing her arms. Whatever Erina was trying to communicate, it wasn't coming through very clearly.

Asta shook his head. “Nothing from a forge, no.”

Niudisa nodded. “Maybe some armor for Shuffle so she’s a bit more durable. Either leather or, if possible, some really light metal. I think I saw some armor once that was made of leather but had metal studs in it.”

—————

Erina glanced down before shaking her head. “Ah, no...” She tried to reach over to Lyak‘s cloak, hoping to show she meant what she was wearing.

"A brigandine?", Thoradin shook her head, "It's nae light leather, lass, it's metal plates riveted to the inside of a shirt. It's nae flexible enough for what I've seen of yer flesh golem."

"Well," Adran thought about it, "Shuffle's leather armor can be enchanted with that armor enchantment, we already planned for that, the rest of us can get by with rings or amulets for that enchantment, and uh..." He looked around the room at the others. Erina was doing something with Lyak, Raine was hiding somewhere, Beri was scratching his ear, and all the other things being done. "And two..." He leaned into the dwarf and described a pair of items in a hushed tone, so as to ensure Asta wouldn't be able to hear.

----------------------------
Lyak flinched away from Erina, putting up her arms as though to try and block an incoming blow and crying out, drawing some eyes from the others.

Niudisa looked at Adran as he whispered his request, flicking her ears a bit.

—————

Erina withdraw her hand when Lyak cowered from her. This wasn’t working. She glanced around for Nyah.

After a moment, Thoradin nodded, "Aye, i can do that, yes."

"Then we have a deal?", Adran extended his hand.

"Aye." Thoradin shook the hand.

"I'll go write a contract," old habits die hard.

--------------
Nyah was floating around, trying to coax Raine into joining Shuffle and Fia in one of her illusion stories. Noticing Erina looking around, she vanished and reappeared next to the arachne. "Need something?"

Niudisa shrugged. “Whatever you’re asking for, it better be worth being one pot short.”

—————

Erina nodded. “Yes. I’m trying to ask Lyak if I could make some clothes for her, but I’m having trouble getting the message across. Can you do that thing you do with the plays, showing me making clothes for her?”

"Oh, there's a laundry list," Adran listed off all the stuff with the leather and Shuffle's armor and items to enchant with the armor enchantment, "The other two, that's a surprise and a joke. Gotta find humor somewhere down here, you know?"

--------------
"Oh, that's..." Nyah did a quick float around to get a good idea of Erina's looks, and did her thing, working an image of a very simplistic rendition of Erina without legs or arms doing something with her loom and then bringing clothes to a simplistic verstion of Lyak without arms or legs, which put the clothes on.

Lyak frowned, confused at the illusion. Understanding dawned on her face followed by confusion. "Vaka fi lima?"

"I don' speak goblin, you're on your own for that one," Nyah shook her head.

Niudisa tilted her head. “Isn’t that what Shuffle’s for?”

—————

Erina wasn’t sure what that meant, but she pulled some silk from her spinneret and quickly wove a small piece of fabric, just to show that she could do what the illusion showed.

"Shuffle's funny, but her humor comes from her ignorance," Adran shook his head as he started writing the contract, "We all get our gags in different places. I get it by messing with people. A joke item, a mildly inconvenient clause in the contract, not that i'm doing that here, putting an arcane lock on the belongings of someone so that whenever they open their bag it screams in terror, that's what's funny to me."

-----------------------
Lyak watched Erina weave, cocking her head. She put her hands together and drew strings of light from her fingers, emulating Erina's weaving to produce a similar, if relatively sloppy, imitation of Erina's weaving. It was ultimately just magic, though, and vanished the second she looked up to make sure she was doing it right.

“Alright, that last one would be funny, I’ll admit.”

—————

Erina paused her own weaving as she saw the girl imitating her with magic. “Huh...” She looked at the square of cloth she’d made before holding it out to the girl. So maybe she didn’t quite get her message across. She could try again later. At the very least she got the beginnings of something close to friendship started.

"See, you are a fey," Adran chuckled, "If there's one thing fey and demons have in common, it's a good sense of humor." The conversation didn't seem to be impacting his ability to write a contract at all. He'd been doing such with demons for so long it was second nature, his hand turned out contracts on its own while his brain focused on chatting. "Gotta be careful who you prank, though. Never know who's favorite subordinate you might piss off."

-------------------
Lyak took the cloth, examining it closely, and then looking up at Erina's hands, trying to understand how Erina had managed to create something so complex and magical in a few motions that she herself couldn't even imitate properly with actual magic. "Lala?"

"Where's the rogue?" Nyah shook her head, looking around for the other spellcasters, "Do either of you know Tongues?"

"Which version? Language or the fun one?", Adran called back. Joanne smacked Adran upside the head. "Ow! I said the fun one not that one! Damn!"

Niudisa shrugged before looking over at Nyah. “I haven’t learned any language spells. A scream is the same no matter what your language.”

Asta spoke up from where he lay. “Jerry is with Veo, getting treatment for her wounds.”

About that time, Veo came out of her tent and waved for Niudisa to come over. "Listen, uh, when someone's polymorphed, and something's taken off of them while polymorphed, do the pieces remaining stay when they polymorph back?" That was not actually the case with the form of Polymorph Adran used, but apparently this was something bugging Veo.

----------
"What actually is the 'fun' version?", Nyah asked Adran.

"Oh, it makes it so their entire body into a sensory organ like the tongue. Depending on how you do it, you can make it so they taste people from across the room. It's good for making sure people leave you alone after a hunt, nobody likes the taste of death."

Niudisa looked over at Veo before going to talk to her. “Ah, I don’t think so? When the polymorph ends, they should revert to how they were before. Why?”

—————

Erina looked over at Adran. “And that’s the only one you know?”

"Well, it's," Veo made a face, "I think you should see it, I don't know what's going on, here." She opened the tent flap to show the fairy in. Jerry was still in the drug-induced sleep over the back of the chair, which was good, since the portion of her back laid open would probably have her screaming if she were conscious.

"It's like the fairy wings are still there, or at least where they attached," Veo gestured towards the new bones, "Those sockets weren't there before." Jerry growing a tail, as weird and traumatic as it was, wasn't that odd from an anatomical perspective. Everything with a spine had a tail, in humans it was just extremely short. Wings were another animal, literally.

---------------
"That's not what I said." Adran got smacked again. "Dammit, Joanne, you give me a concussion I'll give you demon horns! No, i don't know spells relating to language. I learn languages I want to speak."

Niudisa fluttered over to take a look at Jerry’s back. “Hm... Dragons have wings, typically. When she got stung, her scales formed over where the wound was. Here’s another wound, so this dragon morphing thing is taking full advantage to make her as dragon as possible. Or that’s my guess, anyway.”

—————

Erina sighed. “And I don’t guess you ever wanted to speak goblin.”

"Dragons only have two wings!", Veo pointed and counted, "One, two, three, four!"

------------------------
"Never met a goblin I wasn't shooting, if I'm honest," Adran shrugged, "Almost none of them were civilized enough to not be raiders and bandits, and the ones that were spoke Common."

“That is odd...” Niudisa shook her head. “Jerryms got so much magic shit running through her, I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the polymorph stuck or got mixed into the whole dragon thing.”

—————

Erina shook her head and looked at Lyak again.

Shuffle walked over about that time as well.

Veo shook her head, "I don't know anymore. How do you even get that much magic inside you on accident?" She sat down to start stitching Jerry's back back together. "I swear, I thought the dragon stuff had stopped after the tail. Scales, I understand, but entire new body parts?" She shook her head, "I thought she was done, and then she touched the crystal and now we're back to body parts."

-----------------
Lyak seemed a bit more relaxed now that Erina was on somewhat neutral terms with her. Shuffle, though, she hid from behind Erina's legs. Lyak was barely taller than Fia, even Shuffle towered over the goblin.

Niudisa shrugged. “We’d best be ready for a lot of complaining when she wakes up. The tail just one, this is four.”

—————

Shuffle stopped when Lyak hid and sat down where she was.

Erina looked down at Lyak around her legs before resting a hand on her head.

Veo groaned, "This tent doesn't lock, does it?" The tent did not, it wasn't even a serious question, but Jerry complaining about things had passed the point of being novel a while ago.

Lyak peered around Erina's legs at Shuffle, and then almost immediately flinched away from Erina's hand like she had before. Evidently, most forms of contact were associated with being hit.

“I have a silence spell, if needed.”

—————

“Why do you flinch like that? I won’t hurt you.” Erina tried to touch her head again.

Veo nodded, that would be nice. "But you know Asta would have an aneurysm."

-------------------------------------
Lyak squeaked and hid from Erina's hands under her carapace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back