• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Yeah," Jerry nodded. It wasn't a serious suggestion, but that would have been messed up. Torturing the guy that tortured you is one thing, mind-wiping his grandkid to mind control her is another. "Well, we can kill her, or leave her. I can't think of a way to take her with us that doesn't get messy."

"Alrighty." Jerry stood up and drew a knife, walking over and squatting next to the goblin. 'You are upset?'

'You killed him! You promised and you killed him!'

'Good. Yes, I killed the man who ripped me open and has tried to kill me and my friends several times over.'
Jerry handed Lyak the knife. 'So, what are you going to do about it?' Jerry basically explained that Lyak had four options. She could stay here, in a swamp filled with tarrasques that probably weren't under her control anymore, and try to survive. She could come with them, and learn things her raka wouldn't imagine teaching her. Or, she could take that knife, try and stab Jerry, and be killed instead. 'So, what is your choice? Struggle, adventure, or death?'

She relayed what Lyak's options were to the others.

Asta shook his head. “From her standing, adventure is the best choice but the most emotionally difficult.”

Fia shifted her wings. “But that’s better than dying, right?”

"It really depends on her ability to cope," Adran shrugged, "I mean, I'm not too keen on waiting for Stockholm Syndrome to kick in."

"You work with demons and that's what you're worried about?", Nyah shook her head, "You're not very good with kids, are you?"

"I'm just saying, we've traumatized her, the only directions for her to go are psychopath, deathwish, or weirdly attached to us. We're basically her captors, at the moment."

Niudisa nodded. “It would be a risk to take her with us. She would have chances to turn when our guards are down.”

Emil spoke up. “But the girl herself hasn’t done anything to us. Nothing intentional. If we don’t take her with us, then let her go.”

Jerry nodded, 'Well? Make a choice, I will not wait all night,'. Jerry crossed her arms and watched Lyak palm the knife back and forth, contemplating her option. She handed the knife back.

'I follow.' Jerry smiled and relayed that to the others.

"She's coming with us."

"Well, now we need to get out of here and back to Thoradin," Jerry stood up and stuck her knife back in its hiding place. And there's not a lot of us that can-"

"If I can get a few minutes, we can drop one of these docks and hitch it to Amdis," Adran offered, "Amdis can run on water, so we can-"

"Your horse can run on water, and you made me hang by the harpy over it!", Beri hissed.

"Slipped my mind."

"If you were not my master I would kill you."

Shuffle returned about that time with dirty hands and a full armload of plants. “We’re heading back?”

Shuffle glanced to the side. “...yes...?”

Niudisa fluttered over in front of Shuffle’s face, looking into her eyes. “......you got distracted by a fish, didn’t you?”

“...maybe...”

"Shuffle, I promised you I'd get you a fish." Another facepalm, Jerry was almost certainly going to wake up with a palmprint-shaped bruise across her face, at this rate. "In the other room, fill one of the empty pots with dirt, stick a-" jerry realized halfway through that sentence that askign Shuffle to plant something was a bad idea. "Go give the magebane to Emil and tell him to plant it in one of the empty magic pots."

“I was hunting for fun that time.” Shuffle headed over to give Emil the magebane. Emil took the plant before flying back to where the pots were.

"The rest of us," Jerry shook her head, "I'm the only one that can talk to Raine and Lyak, so I've gotta keep an eye on them. Adran, do your floating dock thing, I've gotta go see if Poli's doing alright."

Shuffle nodded. “I’ll hang onto to the rest of these plants.”

Fia looked at Lyak. “I can stick around here.”

Back in the torture hut, Poli was still in their “consumption form,” which was just a large mass, occupied mostly by a large mouth, with four short legs to move with.

"Good," jerry nodded to Fia as Adran left to go figure out how to jerry-rig a raft. "Raine, come, we get ready to leave.' This broken communication thing would have to be resolved. "Feeling better, Poli?"

Raine looked at Jerry and followed after her, hesitating as they neared the hut with Poli. Thankfully, Poli had cleaned up whatever grotesque remains had been there.

Poli gave a nod. “Yeah. I should be done pretty soon.”

"Good, Adran's working on a raft so we can get out of here." Jerry gave the mimic a pat on what she assumed to be the head of this form, "Lyak's coming back with us." A loud splash and a cheer from Emfa announced Adran and Emfa had successfully detached a portion of the dock and dropped it into the water.

“Alright.” Poli shrank down a bit, though their formed stayed pretty much the same in order to finish disposing of their meal.

Raine looked over towards the splash, leaning to try and see what happened.

The splash was the sound of a piece of the docks and bridges falling off, the dock being the center of the makeshift raft. The sound of a demonic horse accompanied Amdis joining the mix, prancing around and happy to be out of the book for a while.

'Adran's demon,' Jerry explained to Raine, "It walk on water.'

Raine stares for a moment before looking at Jerry. ‘What am I in?’ While it didn’t translate directly, what she meant was “what have I gotten myself into?”.

'Strong together. Demon, dagger, sword, strong alone. Stronger together,' Jerry shrugged, this group was and had long been a mess. It was normal by now for Jerry, but for Raine this was probably a load of chaos.

Raine blinked and looked at the others. ‘Strong together. I stay close.’

Emil returned soon enough, carrying the pot that he planted the magebane in.

A short while later, and the group was on Adran's makeshift raff, his demon horse pulling it up the current back to the entrace of the swamp. Lyak had huddled up at the edge of the raft, watching the current.

Whenever Poli went to reattach to Jerry, around the two gashes, there was something hard just underneath the surface, like bone, almost like when Jerry's tail started growing in.

"So," Jerry clapped, "We've taken out the goblin that wouldn't stop trying to kill us, we got the magebane and then some, two stowaways I'm the only that can talk to, one of you guys needs to learn Comprehend Languages, and half a legion of potions and items I need to identify and translate. Did I miss anything?"

"You owe shuffle a fish."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back