• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

“I’m sure she’ll love that advice.” Niudisa shook her head and relayed the message back to Jerry.

'Okay...' Lyak set Jerry down to go get something, leaving Jerry alone. Yidi had taken off her kit when he went to dissect her wings, so she wasn't getting her knives back until the polymorph wore off. Finding a splinter, she gave it a shot.

It takes some psyching up to stab yourself in the throat. But oddly, that was not the worst part. Stitches, it turns out, are highly resistant to sudden expansion. Heads from around the swamp shot towards Lyak's workshop, and Yidi made a beeline as fast as he could, hobbling along on his cane to find Jerry, bleeding profusely from two gashes down the middle of her back, holding Lyak up by the throat.

'You're gonna send your pets away,' Jerry ordered the older goblin, 'And you're gonna sit there while I tie you up, or the last thing this one sees is her raka refusing to save her.'

----------------------------------

"What do you think's happening now?", Adran asked Niudisa after a few moments of nothing.

Niudisa shrugged. “Can’t say for sure. I don’t know too much about what’s going on. I imagine we’ll have to be quick once it’s time though.”

"Yeah," Adran stood up on the branch, "Everybody, load up, get ready for lightning to hit the shit." He hopped down and drew an arrow, taking up a position on the side of the hedge.

------------------------------------------------

Yidi, cruel a goblin as he was, even he wasn't going to let his granddaughter be killed if he could present it, so it wasn't long before he was gagged and bound, and Jerry sat down on one of the stools and jerked her thumb at Lyak, then to the gash marks. 'You know what to do. Try anything funny and you both die.'

Lyak was panicking as she scrambled for the medical supplies to attempt a larger scale operation of what had just been undone. While getting stitched up a second time, Jerry worked Sending again. 'I've got both goblins, and the tarrasques have been sent away, come on in,' rang in Niudisa and Adran's heads. 'Keep Asta on one of the islands until Poli and I are back together.'

The others took up their posts as well.

Once she had the all clear, Niudisa and Shuffle worked together to bring the hedge down once again. Poli has stayed behind since the plan involved Jerry changing sizes repeatedly, so Fia was sent back to retrieve them. She could go and return faster than the others.

Once the field was opened, Emfa picked up Shuffled and arced the throw so Shuffle went over the field without going through it. Niudisa she trusted to be able to fly over the gap herself. Adran's spellbook and quiver soon followed Shuffle.

The tunnel soon turned into a mud slog, and then they reached the dock and the edge of the water. "So," Adran clapped nervously, "Who can swim?"

"Not it!", Beri snarled, hiding behind Asta from the water.

Shuffle wasn’t quite ready to be thrown, but she recovered mid flight and rolled into a smooth landing. She was looking good as she glanced around, until Adran’s spell book landed on her head. She recovered quickly and continued on with the rest of the group.

Shuffle was quick to raise her hand. “I can swim!”

Asta nodded. “As can I.”

Emil looked at the water. “I would rather not...”

Fia caught up shortly with the mimic in her talons.

"I can't swim," Emfa shook her head.

"I am wearing heavy armor," Joanne nodded.

"Shuffle, Asta, me," he looked up at the others, "Asta, could you carry Joanne and Emfa, or at least keep moving with them holding onto you?"

"Good," Adran turned to Beri, Niudisa, and Emil. "Beri, I'm gonna polymorph you into a housecat, Fia do you think you could carry him like that?"

"Good, Poli can hang onto Asta with the two meat shields." Beri wasn't happy to be turned into a tiny little tabby cat, and expressed such by growling at Adran as he was placed in Fia's talons.

When everone was ready, the swimmers waded into the pool while the fliers moved overhead. Jerry was right, the tarrasques were nowhere to be seen. That could be good or bad, though. The huts stood several feet out of the water on stilts, only a couple were on actual islands, and the only actual island big enough that these huts could have been built on it without issue had an herb garden growing on it, with what Adran, Joanne, and Niudisa could recognize as Magebane growing in one part of it.

"Which one do you think Jerry's in?", Emfa asked.

Asta kept his head and back above water as best he could. Shuffle, on the other hand, chose to swim under the water, trying to keep an eye out below. Hard to do in swamp water.

Niudisa shrugged as she fluttered along with them. “We’ll have to just check them.”

Adran pointed to the island that Lyak had fed the baby tarrasques on, "I think that's big enough for Asta." And it was, easily, "Fia, take Poli and go find Jerry, we'll scout the area." he stopped halfway up the ladder, "Uh, Jerry asked that you stay down here for a bit, okay Asta?"

Asta climbed up onto the land and shook himself off. He looked at Adran for a moment. “Very well...”

Fia set Beri down on the island and picked up Poli before flying off to check the huts.

Niudisa started looking around. “He had quite the setup down here...”

"Apparently he's been down here long enough to steal this territory from Urodor," Adran shook his head as he poked around one of the shacks. "Found Jerry's wings," he gestured to a pair of bright blue fairy wings pinned to a display board, "And her kit." From the way it scattered stuff around it, Yidi had set the tiny kit aside and wasn't expecting it to explode to massive size once Jerry went back to normal.

When Fia found the hut Jerry was in, Lyak had more or less finished stitching Jerry's back back together, and was working on her own injuries, Jerry's foot was in the middle of the old goblin's back as he lay facedown on the floor. "Hey, come on in, she won't bite. I've got her papa where I can kill him in one move' She switched to goblin to say 'one move' to remind Lyak what was at stake. "How's the others?"

Last edited:
Niudisa scowled at the sight of the wings. “How much do we need the old one to stay alive?”

Shuffle was still exploring the water.

Fia dropped Poli down before landing herself. “Asta’s super moody ‘cause Adran was riling him up in case of a fight, but everyone else is fine.”

Poli crawled over to Jerry for specific instructions.

"I don't know, I'm not sure where- Ugh! he didn't even clean them!" The wings were still bloody where they'd been previously attached! Adran grabbed Jerry's kit, "See if you can find anything useful in here, I'm gonna go make sure Jerry's not bleeding all over the swamp." Most of the scrolls and tomes seemed to be basically an extremely detailed collective on the anatomy and useful parts of just about every creature they'd encountered in the ruins, and several more they hadn't even met yet. Even other goblins, which was a bit unnerving. He'd started a scroll for fairy anatomy, but at the moment he only had a rough diagram of how the wings attached. There did seem to be something with his surgical tools, the wooden case had a seam that looked familiar, like it folded there.

"Great," Jerry shook her head, "Now I've gotta calm him down. She extended an arm to the mimic, "Careful with the stitches, and," she especially looked at Fia, "Don't tell Asta."

Niudisa fluttered around to check things out. Some of his anatomy notes might be useful, if she could find a way to keep them to check later. The case caught her attention, driving her to check it more thoroughly.

Fia paused for a moment before she nodded. “Right.”

Poli went ahead and formed up, doing their best to be careful on Jerry’s back.

The case... folded. But it didn't fold like it was on a hinge, it folded in on itself, like the Deck of Folding Furniture. When folded further, yes, it was part of a Deck of Household Needs, but it wasn't part of the Folding Furniture Deck, another edition. Laying under the case, probably shoved their by the expansion of Jerry's kit, was a rather intricate fountain pen. With Niudisa's True Sight, she could see that the magic layered on this thing allowed it to emulate its owner's handwriting without the hand being on it. The pen could write by itself, probably connected to its owner's mind.

Jerry hissed a wince as Poli touched raw flesh, but motioned for it to continue. Right about that time, Adran finally found them. "Jerry, your knives," he handed Jerry the kit, "How's your back?"

"Sore."

"Did it, uh... did it heal when you polymorphed back?"

"Oh, yeah, but when Yidi here cut them out, Lyak tried to stitch me closed, and it turns out stitches aren't very good at changing with Polymorph, and that just opened a whole new wound right on top of the old one." Jerry kicked the goblin at her feet, getting a squeal and chatter of goblin from Lyak.

"What'd she say?"

"She's scared I'm gonna kill him," Jerry shook her head, "I'm not going to, yet."

Niudisa picked up the pen. “Interesting. I think I found my own treasure trove.”

Poli apologized as Jerry winced and kept going.

There was certainly a multitude of other writing items, mostly ink. The pen could probably serve as an Etching stylus, as complicated as it was, but most of the room seemed to be taken up by books and scrolls, and the display cases of parts of creatures. The board Jerry's wings were on even had pins aligned in what looked to be the exact size and position to stretch out a fairy, with space for bits and pieces to be pinned next to it. Either this goblin had a sick sense of pleasure or he just cared less about the autonomy of other creatures than Niudisa did her thralls.

Once Poli was on, Jerry strapped her kit on and stood up, 'If you do anything funny, your raka dies,' she warned Lyak, turning to Fia, "Can you keep an eye on these two for me? I've gotta go calm Asta down and see what's going on with him."

Niudisa eyed some of the displays, just in case any of it was intact enough to be reanimated.

Fia gave a nod. “I’ll keep watch.”

Shuffle eventually returned to the huts, having not found anything interesting. She decided to investigate a few of them.

About the only display with still-intact musculature was Jerry's wings, the rest were dried out and down to bone stretched across fur.
--------------------
"Thank you," Jerry nodded, "Come on, Adran, I hear you've been pissing off my chimera."

"Ah, shit." The two trekked down to where Asta was. As good as Poli was at covering Jerry up, she did smell faintly of blood to the ones with good senses of smell, and considering her fighting style it probably wasn't the goblin's. She also never raised her arms past mid-chest level, making her climb down the ladder very slowly and walk a bit funny.

"How are you feeling, Asta?", Jerry asked.
--------------------------
There were three huts the party had not already been to, two in the rear, and then a larger one that was probably a house. One of the ones in the back had a small island underneath and a ladder leading up from it.

“Tsk.” Niudisa went about collecting whatever was small enough she could just take it, including the pen.

—————

Asta looked over and let out a sigh. “Better, now. Are you alright?” He couldn’t smell the blood right away, due to the smells of the swamp. Once Jerry got closer, he’d probably pick it up.

—————

Shuffle went for the big hut first. That one would have more loot, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back