• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Erina nodded. “Yes. I think it was Jeri, the other one, that was in control at the time.”

Most of the thread groups were hard to tell who was who. The only exception was Niudisa’s, as those threads were notably shorter.

"Damn dragon," Jerry muttered. "I really wish I could talk to her and knock some sense into her. She's probably enjoying this mess." She shook her head again.

Jerry shook her head again, "No, you're fine." She gestured to the state of her absence of clothing. "Up until... apparently when I went through the anti-magic field, this... this wouldn't let me wear any clothes, that's why I wear Poli. If I'd been in control i would have told you not to waste your silk."

"I don't know," Jerry shrugged, "Apparently it also made me invulnerable to attack and fireproof, but neither of those are true anymore, so probably." She could move straps around, at least, but Jerry wasn't willing to attempt to remove the item whilst lacking a quick alternative, since events conspired to constantly take Poli away.

Speaking of Poli, they spoke up. “Hold up, am I about to be out of a job? Covering you up has been my main role in this group so far.”

'Well, you've been doing a sketchy job, lately,' Jerry thought, but didn't say. "No, not by a longshot, but you might be emulating something more solid than rubber from now on." Poli had said a hard outer casing made it feel safe, hadn't they?

Jerry nodded, and seemed to realize halfway through that nod that she'd basically said she wouldn't wear Erina's products in favor of Poli. "I mean, not that I wouldn't wear your work either," she said hastily to the arachne, "It's just Poli's probably better for versatility."

Erina smiled. “I understand. Armor is better suited for battle than a dress. Still, I can make something to wear under the armor, or an alternate outfit for when you want to relax.” She paused. “I suppose that would happen after we leave this place.”

"If we leave this place," Jerry rolled her eyes, that wasn't looking very likely. They'd been diving down through these ruins for a few months now, and didn't feel any closer to the end than they were already. "But I guess you're right."

Time passed as the group worked their separate projects. Jerry almost forgot about the timer on the duration of Polymorph, right up until she fell out of the air and almost killed Fia again in the process.

Adran cleaned out the jar and gave Niudisa the exoskeleton of the dragonfly within for whatever she might want to use it for while Jerry re-strapped her kit. Knives, magic sword hilt, dragon crystal, she set Urodor's crystal on the table near Niudisa's workstation and the book she'd gotten from Urodor, and Shuffle's Maker's Journal. Evidently her plan with Urodor was to attempt to replicate what Shuffle's Maker had done, and she thought that by having Niudisa preserve Urodor's mind, it would get around the issue Shuffle had with scattered memories of her maker. Of course, that was high level necromancy and restoration, which she'd probably need Niudisa's help to pull off.

Thoradin eventually finished Joanne's armor, presenting the completed product. It was definitely heavy armor, there was no questioning that. The runes carefully chiseled into the underside of the plates and filligreed into the shell seemed to be doing something to make it stronger, but Jerry could only hazard a guess with limited knowledge of runic magic and the intricacy of what was done. As the group strapped up to go for Adran's potential disaster of a plan, Thoradin gave a mock salute to the party. "Ye come back wit' dat magebane, ye hear?"

Niudisa managed to finish her transformation potion and handed it off to Shuffle. After the usual discomfort, Shuffle showed no exterior changes, so for the time it was unclear what had even happened. After that Niudisa made sure to take a check on the filled soul gems she had.

As the final preparations were made, Niudisa, Asta, Fia, Shuffle, and Emil waited by the door.

Thoradin pushed open the door, and out went anyone interested in this mission, before the door was closed again. The grove was... oddly quiet. There were no howls and barks of corrupted creatures. There were occasionally eyes peering out of bushes, but no feeders made themselves apparent. "I'm not sure if that's good or bad," Jerry whispered.

"I think it's both," Adran looked around, "I can feel feeders everywhere, but I can't... see them."

Emil spoke up. “This area is wooded. Forest hunters don’t chase, they ambush.”

Niudisa chipped in. “So we won’t see them until they attack. We’ll need to stay alert.”

"We get the kill, however, works," Adran corrected. He and Beri were hunters, after all.

"Either way, we're surrounded by things that wanna eat us and you're gonna leave me six inches tall in a jar, let's make this quick before they decide my tail looks chewy," Jerry grumbled, picking up the pace.

Asta and Shuffle kept to either side of the group, eyes, ears, and noses alert for anything to get too close. Fia kept an eye out from above, just under the canopy, while Niudisa and Emil kept to the middle of the group.

At some point, Jerry grew Asta to more or less full size, a form of protection in the biggest beast around was far better in Jerry's estimation than hoping an army of forest-dwelling feeders didn't want to take on an army of twelve. They managed to get close to the hedge without issue, at which point Adran stopped and unscrewed the jar lid. "Hold still."

"We've done this before," Jerry rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as Adran cast Polymorph again. "This jar isn't going to break my-" Adran put the lid on the jar, cutting off sound from the inside, and hooked it to the lantern clip on his belt.

"Alrighty, let's go piss off a goblin." Adran rolled his head on his shoulders and drew his bow, "Let's get that anti-magic field going."

Asta paused at the sound muffle. “...she can breathe in there, right?”

Niudisa went ahead and started setting up the field once more.

"As long as she doesn't hyperventilate, there should be enough air in there for at least a couple days," Adran nodded, "That's actually why Fairy Jars are illegal. People forget that pixies need air too, and they only notice the fairy is suffocating once they stop glowing." He shook his head, "We don't have that problem, though."

Once the field was set up and activated, and someone did something to destroy the hedge, a spell came through, and some angry goblin shouts. Jerry inside the jar covered her ears as the tiny jar made the sound of another tarrasque roaring was amplified inside the tiny structure.

Just barely visible, at the edge of the clearing, a large bear stood, looking curiously at the party. If anyone turned to investigate, it walked behind a tree and vansihed instead of coming across the other side. Probably an illusion, like Veo said with the sun.

The tarrasque came bounding out to face the party, the goblin not present this time around, although clearly nearby from the shouts. "Kill it!", Emfa barked as she and Joanne drew their weapons to give the tarrasque something to fight.

That answer didn’t reassure Asta at all. But he didn’t have the time to argue, turning his attention to the fight. Shuffle and Fia likewise focused on the tarrasque. Emil started playing his support music, almost faltering as he thought he saw a strangely normal bear. He dismissed it as homesickness messing with him and focused on the task at hand. Niudisa made sure Adran had a filled soul gem ready to fire and got another out herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back