• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Shuffle tilted her head, taking her other satchel and leaning down to look deeper into it.

Niudisa glanced over again. “...”

Jerry giggled, satisfied she had a decent grip on the cantrip, and fluttered over behind Shuffle as quiet as she could manage. "BOO!"

Shuffle squeaked and hopped forward before turning around. It took her a moment to find Jerry. “I can’t find my fish! And I don’t remember when I got it, so I don’t know how old it is. I need to find it before it goes bad.”

Jerry broke out laughing, almost falling out of the air. "Shuffle, I was messing with you!" Seeing Shuffle was freaking out, Nyah snapped her fingers and a salmon appeared in Shuffle's satchel, still raw.

"Try again," Nya pointed to the end of a fin sticking out of the bag.

Shuffle put her ears down at Jerry’s laughing before glancing over at Nyah. She blinked before looking at her satchel again. She brightened up immediately and grabbed the fish. “Aha!” She was just about to chomp the head off before she stopped. “Ah... How do I drain the blood out of something?”

“Hours...?” Shuffle seemed disappointed at that. She looked at the fish, considering whether she’d rather just deal with whatever transformation came from eating more fish blood.

"It's not corrupted," Nyah offered, "I literally just summoned it from the ocean outside."

"You can do that?", Jerry looked confused.

"I cannot create matter as stronger djinn or corporeal magicians do," Nyah shook her head, "Everything I make or summon comes from somewhere on the plane I occupy."

Shuffle looked at Nyah. “Jerry told me to be careful about taking on new transformations.” She paused before glancing down. “And I usually get scolded for it, too......”

"Yeah, because you keep consuming corrupted blood," Jerry gestured to the wings, "Imagine how much corruption a dragon can carry?"

"Look who's talking?", Emfa flicked Jerry's tail as she passed by, sending Jerry into a spin fall and onto Shuffle's foot before she could right herself.

Shuffle glanced at her wings before looking down at Jerry. “The wings came from a vial that my maker had, so I don’t know if it was corrupted.”

Niudisa spoke up. “On that topic, I’m coming up with a solution. If can mix this tarrasque blood with some healing water right, it should purify it, basically turning it into a transformation potion specifically for Shuffle, without risk of corruption.”

“I can’t even make a prediction for that. But from what I’ve seen, the chances of it being detrimental are low.”

Jerry facepalmed. "And I guess you're gonna do this no matter what I say, huh?" She shook her head fluttered back up to eye level. "Fine, go ahead. I'm gonna go- wait, Nyah, can you summon living creatures?"

"No, they die in transit," Nyah shook her head, "Why?"

"I've got a project, once my polymorph wears off."

Niudisa looked over at Nyah. “I’m gonna keep that in mind next time I need a thrall.” She turned to Shuffle. “I’ll have the potion ready soon.” With that, she returned to her work.

Shuffle gave a nod before looking to the fish again. She decided to give draining a try and ripped the head off with her hands. She held the rest of the fish by the tail and looked around, suddenly realizing she didn’t know where the hang this this up.

looking around, there was almost nowhere for one to hang anything. Erina's loom looked like it might be used to hang something, but that was in use with whatever Erina was creating, and knowing her she might not take kindly to a dead and bleeding fish hanging on her new pet project. Speaking of bleeding fish, the fish's guts and blood were pouring out onto Shuffle's clothes. "Gods-dammit, Shuffle." Jerry facepalmed again.

"You're gonna give yourself a bruise if you keep that up," Adran commented.

"Shut up, you guys are gonna give me grey hair before I'm thirty!" Seeing as Jerry's hair had long turned white under the dragon's influence, that didn't seem like a well-thought out response.

Erina glanced over. “It looks good on you though, if you ask me.”

Shuffle looked Jerry and the others before she seemed to get an idea. She held the fish back behind her, making more of a mess, and one of the vines in her hair wrapped around the tail of the fish to keep it up without her using her hands.

"Thank you, Erina," Jerry fluttered over to the arachne and her loom, landing on the frame. "You've been making a lot of cloth, lately."

Erina nodded. “I’m going to make new clothes for everyone. Making the sheets of fabric is about all I’ve done so far. I have ingredients for dyes, but I don’t have anything to keep the dye in or for the actual process of dyeing.”

Shuffle looked over. “We want to avoid dying.”

Making new clothes? "How do you know they're gonna fit?", Jerry asked, choosing not to acknowledge Shuffle's ignorance of the difference in dye and die for the moment.

Erina gestured to her collecting of threads. They looked like random pieces of thread to anyone else, but she had them organized. “I took measurements of most of the party, so I can use those to make sure it fits right. That was after the fight with Urodor. Emfa didn’t let me measure her though, so I’m not sure what to do about that...”

"oh,' Jerry looked at the threads closely, trying to guess who was who. "Wait, did you measure me?" Up until the goblin, Jerry couldn't wear anything her curse would recognize as clothing, which was why she wore Poli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back