• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

“I sat on Erina’s head. Flying with something that’s not specifically fairy sized is incredibly awkward, so I try to avoid it when possible.”

Veo giggled as Jerry climbed onto the chimera's back with the rock. "Best of both worlds," Jerry decided as she found a way to position her tail that didn't obstruct Asta's own wings.

Asta glanced back at her, making sure she was able to get situated.

In the meantime, Niudisa spoke up. “So, what’s the plan now? We have a pretty good idea of who sent he bug, and if he sent it, it means he’s planning against us.”

Once situated, Jerry nodded to tell Asta it was okay if he moved around now, before looking up at Niudisa and Adran. "If the goblin is planning something, we should probably find a way to plant a portable anti-magic field on him or something."

"I don't think that's possible, actually," Adran shook his head, "But, we do know that we can kill him, we managed to kill a tarrasque." He scratched his fuzz and then looked at the jar. "I've got an idea."

"When Polymorph wears off on Jerry," Adran started, "She's going to expand very rapidly back to her true form. We can assume that goblin is an asshole, so I bet he'd enjoy a fairy jar-"

"Oh, hell no!"

Asta shook his head. “That plan has far too much risk.”

Niudisa shrugged. “But if it worked, Jerry could probably kill the bastard before he knew what was happening.”

If. And what of his pets? They won’t sit idle while their master gets stabbed.”

"It will take that longer to get to the hedge than it will for the spell on Jerry to wear off," Joanne agreed, "And Jerry likely cannot defend against several tarrasques at once."

"I'll refresh the spell when we get there, and why she's not gonna kill him," Adran replied, "She's going to grab him and take him hostage."

"You want me to... explain to me how I'm supposed to take a caster hostage?", Jerry demanded. Adran explained that casters needed their hands and their mouths to cast, to use items or for verbal and somatic spell components.

"Stick something in his mouth and tie his hands together, you'll get him fine," Adran explained, "Once that happens, use your mirror to tell us what happened-"

"My mirror stopped working when we went through the field." Adran's turn to facepalm.

"Okay, I'm gonna teach you Sending, when you've got him down, use it to tell me or Niudisa what's up, and we'll bust down the hedge to clean up the mess. Niudisa and I figured out a really solid way to kill a tarrasque."

Asta spoke up again. “There’s still a lot of risk in this plan, and it’s Jerry’s life that’s on the line.”

Niudisa looked over at Asta. “Well the longer we wait, the more likely it is that the goblin will act first and then we’ll all be dead. Risks have to be taken.”

Erina spoke up. “I have a question. How do we get the fairy jar to the goblin without him believing it’s a trap? We’ve shown ourselves to be hostile already, so it’s unlikely we can just hand it to him.”

"So we make it look like it's not a trap," Adran replied. "He's ran us off already. He's not really gonna question it if he drives us off again. If a big jar with a fairy in it falls off of someone's hip?" Adran shrugged, "Sounds to me like someone tried some tricky means to gain enough power to compete with him, and I don't think he'd object to snatching more for himself. I don't think anyone would object to a scantily-clad nightlight, either."

Asta snarled at that last comment. Niudisa nodded. “It’s probably our best chance right now. I say we get ready and do it.”

"That was a compliment, Asta, she's very pretty." Adran shook his head, "Jerry, come here, I'm gonna need you to memorize some words." Jerry set the gem fragment on the table and fluttered up to Adran's shoulder. He pulled out his book to go over how Sending worked.

"I'm going to stab you when this is over," Jerry warned the warlock.

Niudisa glanced around. “The rest of us should get ready for a fight. Even with our method of blasting tarrasque heads, we’ll need you guys to keep them busy.”

At about that time, Nyah finished the tale she was telling Shuffle and Fia. "I think you two are supposed to pay attention to what they want," she gestured to the party.

"My armor will take time to complete," Joanne nodded towards Thoradin's forge, "The dwarf tells me that he is working to make it sturdier with his magicks."

Shuffle blinked and nodded before turning to pay attention to the group, as did Fia.

Niudisa nodded. “So, the rest of us have that long to prepare. Where’d that healing water go?”

"Poli's got the bulk of my kit, I only kept my knives," Jerry pointed towards where she thought the mimic was hiding.

Joanne filled Shuffle and Fia in on what they'd missed, not including the part with the dragonfly and Jerry being turned into a pixie, and explained the plan.

Niudisa looked over before going to retrieve the flask. Once she had it, she brought it to where she’d been working before and started getting out her alchemy setup.

Shuffle and Fia nodded along to the explanation. Shuffle glanced around once she was done. “...where’d Jerry go?”

Adran pointed to the fairy on his shoulder in response to Shuffle's question, but didn't quit going over the spell with Jerry. "-So when you go to cast this, you really gotta focus on who you're trying to communicate with, the working radius depends on how strong your mental image of their mind is."

Shuffle blinked before recognizing Jerry with a gasp. “She’s tiny!”

Niudisa glanced over. “And she’s busy.” She looked back to her work, which seemed to involve some of the blood she’d collected from the tarrasque.

"I turned her into a fairy," Adran said mid-sentence before asking Jerry if she was keeping up.

"Hand signs, old ass language I'm fluent in, you and Niudisa's mind, yes."

“Oh.” Shuffle glanced around before walking over to watch what Niudisa was doing. Fia went to watch Thoradin, from a distance of course.

"Alright, practice it, go bother Shuffle with it, I think she misses you," Adran set his book down and feigned shooing Jerry off his shoulder, who fluttered back to Asta and the dragon rock. "It's a cantrip, you'll recover the mana you use faster than you use it," Adran reminded her.

"Yeah, yeah," Jerry made hand signs and focused on Shuffle. 'Where did you put your fish?', was the sentence that rang in Shuffle's mind, sounding vaguely like Jerry's voice, except Jerry was on the other side of the room and fiddling with something.

Shuffle flicked her ears and paused for a moment. “I ate it.”

Niudisa glanced over. “What?”

“The fish.”

“...right.” The fairy looked back to her work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back