• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Emil chipped in. “I hope Erina can pack up what she’s doing when that time comes. She seems to have settled down over there.”

"What is she doing?", Jeri asked.

"She's trying her hand at making wardrobes," Adran shrugged, "I bet if she had a full dyeing and weaving set up she could do a lot more."

"What's a wardrobe?"

“A set of clothes, usually multiple outfits for different occasions. In this case, I believe she’s making clothes for us, if her taking measurements was any indication.”

Emil nodded. “I’m sure she’ll be glad you appreciate her work. My own outfit has gotten a bit worn down here, so I’ll welcome a change of clothes.”

"If there were animals down here I could help with that," Adran pointed at his bow, and then to his own clothes, which were mostly leather and furs. His clothes were in pretty good condition, thanks to his active use of magic.

"You might not have a choice in the future," Adran shrugged, "Erina can only make so much silk in a day. A thirty foot rope exhausted her supply, after all."

“Well, worn as they are, my current clothes still function fine. I have no intention of getting close enough to the fight that my clothes will get destroyed, so this and whatever Erina plans to make should do for me.”

Adran gave a nod and whistled for Beri, who had snuck off for whatever reason and came through a bush. Jeri looked up at the whistle as well, but seeing she wasn't involved with the thing going on, turned her attention back to fiddling around with the knives in weird places she kept finding.

Shuffle looked over as well, right as she fired an arrow. It was luck alone that landed it in her target tree. She took that as a good time to take a break, stretching out her back.

"I think this is a good time to do some scouting ahead, don't you think?" Veo asked, seeing as people were going a bit stir-crazy from being stuck in one place down here for so long. It was something of a sense of normalcy for herself. Safe place to sleep, patients to tend to. If Ras was here she could have almost convinced herself she was just tending to a hunting party.

Emil nodded. “That would be a good idea. I don’t even know where the way forward out of this grove is yet.”

Emil glanced over towards the two of them, a little apprehensive about trying to keep them both in line. “Well, I suppose we could.”

Shuffle had looked at the mention of her name as well. She put her bow away and started heading over.

Emil nodded as Jeri and Shuffle got to them. “Yes. We’re going to scout ahead, the three of us.”

Shuffle headed off after Jeri, likewise happy to do something. Emil sighed before heading after them. “Hold on. We need a direction first. Let’s scout the edges of the grove and see if there’s a path further in.”

Jeri didn't hear the bat, mostly because she was running through bushes and didn't even realize there was a wrong way to go until a tree popped out of nowhere and she ran into it like a jester's exaggerated story, arms and legs stiff in the direction she was moving before gravity kicked back in and she fell down. "Owie..."

Shuffle came upon the fallen rogue and looked around for anything that might have attacked. Sensing nothing else nearby, she went to check on Jeri. Emil caught up shortly after.

Shuffle looked at the tree before looking around at the other trees. She pointed at one of them. “That one did.”

Emil shook his head as he spoke up. “We should take it slow. We don’t know what waits further in, so we need to be cautious more than anything.”

"Stupid tree," Jeri almost sounded like Jerry, there, finding things to complain about. She shook herself off and spat out a bit of blood, "I don't like trees." She sniffed, mostly to make sure she could still breathe out of both nostrils, and then gestured for Shuffle or Emil to take the lead, since she clearly couldn't navigate the trees.

Eventually, they could find the edge of the cave wall. If any of them had a sense of time, it felt like it took at least three hours or two to get from the camp to the edge of the cavern opposite Urodor's shack. Unlike the part Urodor maintained, this section of the cave was untouched and wild. Brambles and fallen limbs made walking hazardous. Jeri was saved from getting shredded by thorns by the same mysterious force that had kept arrows from hurting Jerry, but because she had no context that should hurt, Jeri just found it incredibly annoying to keep tripping into thorn bushes.

Shuffle took the lead, but Emil kept her course in check, just to make sure she didn’t get distracted and run off. When they finally reached the wild portion of the grove, Shuffle found navigating easy. Emil started lagging behind as he tried to carefully make his way around everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back