• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Erina smiled at him. “Thank you. I’m quite proud of my looks.”

—————

Niudisa called out from her spot. “But you still disapprove of reanimating them.”

Shuffle glanced at Joanne and Niudisa before looking at Jeri again. “I just wanna make sure you’re alright.”

"Did you ever meet another arachne?"
----------
"The dead should stay dead, necromancer!", Joanne called back. "Even a monster's soul has a place in the next world."

Jeri shook her head. "I don't know why..." Jeri couldn't quite understand why she was so averse to the idea of killing children, even goblin children.

"Hm... My mother, I think. It was long ago and very brief. Me and whatever siblings I had all went our own ways almost immediately after hatching."

-----------

"But no place in this world, right?"

Shuffle tilted her head. She knew nothing about comforting someone else, so she'd already done about all she could.

"Huh..." Adran thought about that for a little longer than normal, and then had a question. "Wait, if you've been on your own since birth," he scratched the side of his face as he tried to remember the word he wanted to use, but gave up. "Why do you wear clothes, then?"

------------
Joanne shook her head, unwilling to continue this debate, and went for a walk.

There was some movement in Shuffle's shirt as the larvis woke up and started to move around, poking his head out the top and wondering what was happening as Jeri returned to her retching.

"Hm? Well, practicality, mostly. I may sit and wait for my prey, but I still have to subdue and wrap them after that, and I've sometimes had to chase them down. When moving around that much, I have to keep myself from bouncing around all over the place, so the wrap is simply to keep them still." She bounced where she was to show her point.

----------

Shuffle glanced down as she felt movement, smiling as the larvis poked out. "Hey, you're awake!"

Adran gave a thumbs up and admired the show. "Won't see me complaining!"

---------

The larvis looked curiously at Shuffle, not sure what she was talking about. Footsteps announced the return of Jerry and Poli, followed by the beginnings of an argument and a choking sound. If anyone poked their head outside, Joanne was the one choking, clutching her throat as Jerry held her good hand like it was broken. Veo had slapped Joanne's face. Jerry had punched her in the throat, and paid for it.

"OW! Whatever, where's the mirror, I'm done," Jerry needed someone to hold the mirror so she could re-enter, and she needed Poli off of her to do that.

"Of course. You're not the one in charge of complaining."

----------

Shuffle looked over at the altercation, putting her ears back.

Poli pulled off of Jerry before offering to hold the mirror she carried.

Adran laughed, "Of course not, that's Jerry's job!" He chuckled, "I'm the handsome devil working for the devil." He made a finger-zapper and went 'pew!', laying back on the floor. "i can't get up," he said a few minutes later.

----------------
Jerry climbed back into the mirror realm as Jeri got over her nausea and poked her head out to see Poli was back. Joanne finally got some air in her lungs, gasped, and stood up again.

Erina tilted her head before getting up, stumbling to the side a little. Her balance wasn't back yet, but she hadn't noticed when siting down. She managed to make her way over to Adran.

----------

Shuffle let out a whine. "I wish you guys wouldn't fight each other..."

Adran leaned his head up to see where the skittering was coming from, "I didn't know we was dancing!"

------------
"We are not fighting, the reflection is not real," Joanne shook her head. Jeri echoed Shuffle's sentiment, apparently taking after Shuffle as the one she could most relate to, somehow.

Erina giggled as she leaned over to look down at him. "I don't know how to dance."

----------

"It's real enough for you to hit each other. Would it have been different with the real Jerry?"

Adran held out his arm. "Nice view," he didn't realize he'd said that out loud, apparently, because he extended his hand. "Anyone can dance, just gotta get up first."

-----------
"Of course it would," Joanne pointed at Jeri, "I would not ask another person to perform what I ordered the reflection to, I would do it myself."

"No!", Jeri protested, "Don't do that!"

Erina smiled and took his hand, leaning back to help him up.

----------

Shuffle looked at Jeri, glancing back at Joanne as well. "Er... What was wrong with it?"

Adran accepted the help, being pulled back to his feet by the arachne and partially leaning on her for support. Considering there respective height differences, this was somewhat precarious.

------------
"I ordered the reflection to send a goblin village up in flames," Joanne said that like it was just something you did, completely unfazed by the genocide of an entire village of over a hundred goblins.

Erina rested her hands on his shoulders as he leaned. "Now, how does this dancing work?"

----------

Shuffle blinked before tilting her head. "And that's......bad?"

Adran smiled and adjusted his stance. "It's all in the footwork, sweetheart," he attempted to dance with Erina, but without a song to dance to and being about as drunk as an elf could get without blacking out, Adran didn't have much balance or finess to the pattern.

-----------
"Yes!", Jeri barked.

"They are monsters. If we killed only the adults, the children would grow up vengeful. If we attempted to pass through peacefully, we would be attacked. Goblins despise larger humanoids. It was pre-emptive defense."

Erina did her best to follow his moves but, as the saying goes, she had four left feet. All in all, they were mostly just stepping around each other in a quiet room.

----------

Shuffle frowned and put her ears back. What Joanne said made perfect sense to her, but Jeri was so worked up about it, she felt like her side was also valid, somehow.

Adran also had to worry about Erina's feet, one miss-step and he'd have a hole in his foot, but their clumsy drunken dancing was functional, somewhat. At some point Adran started humming an elvish song, some kind of tune. He'd long forgotten the words to the song, he hadn't been welcome in Fey lands for almost a decade to hear it, but the tune is never truly forgotten.

-----------
Joanne shook her head, deciding the conversation was over and that there was nothing to be gained by debating the topic besides lost time. "In either case, we must go search the remains for survivors and anything useful. If you wish to join us, Jeri, you can. Or you can take a nap and see if you can rouse your counterpart." She looked around for Adran and Emfa, "Emil, where is the warlock and the spider?"

Erina smiled as she stepped around. Whether or not she was doing it right, she was certainly having fun.

----------

Emil glanced up before towards a door. "Last I saw, they went through there. I believe Beri asked Erina to be prepared to subdue Adran in the event he drank too much."

Joanne facepalmed, having seen how easily Erina succumbed to her own charms with her reflection. "I swear, if they are doing what I think they are doing, they will die." She turned towards the door and kicked it open. Adran, receiving a door to the back, was launched straight forward into Erina's bust and got stuck amongst Erina's chest and her legs.

Joanne could smell the alcohol and when she walked into the room she saw Adran nestled in Erina's cleavage. She was red in the face when she slammed the door closed. Whether from just being that mad or getting flustered, the answer was likely between the two.

"Oof!" Erina stepped back as Adran jumped against her. She put her arms around him as she giggled. "If that's all you wanted, you only needed to ask." Somehow she missed the door flying open and closing back.

Emil looked over as Joanne closed the door, though he didn't say anything.

Adran gasped for air once he got enough of his face free to breathe. "My back," he rubbed the injury and tried to look around to no avail, "Who hit me? You?"

------
Joanne took a moment to catch her breath. "I will kill them later," she decided, turning on her heels to go investigate the ruined goblin camp and not looking to see if anyone wanted to follow.

Erina looked around. "Hm? Not me."

----------

Shuffle's curiosity was peeked. She tilted her head and started heading to the door before Emil spoke up. "Ah, Shuffle, perhaps you should go with Joanne. Just in case she runs into trouble."

Shuffle stopped and looked over at Emil. "Oh, good idea." She turned and headed after Joanne, successfully diverted.

"Must not have been important," Adran shrugged, "You're warm." He put his arm around her waist and tried to continue the dancing.

---------
Well, now Jeri was intrigued, but trying to be sneaky about trying to get to the door and take a peek.

Joanne didn't say anything to Shuffle for some time while they walked towards the goblin camp.

"As are you." Erina likewise resumed stepping around in what she now understood to be a dance.

----------

Emil went back to strumming on his lute.

Shuffle likewise remained quiet, simply walking beside Joanne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back