• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Fire did indeed seem to do the job best, baking the goblins in their armor. Joanne and Emfa didn't seem to be doing so well with the heat, either.

Between the fire, magic, and the larvis' golem form, goblins started falling a lot quicker, either dying or being severely injured. Once the goblins realized how severely against them the tide had turned, they ran deeper into the ruins, leaving their fallen comrades behind. The larvis tried to run after them, but seemed to run out of steam, collapsing, all its stone falling off as its shell lay on the ground immoble.

Shuffle looked over towards the larvis before going to check on it, so long as it wasn't still too hot to approach.

The rocks were still hot, but the heat was fading, with Shuffle's resistance to damage it was bearable at the very least. The larvis seemed to have completely solidified, the molten gold cooling, it was essentially a doll and gave no signs of life when prodded.

Shuffle did indeed prod it. When it didn't react, she picked it up in her hands, quite clearly concerned for it.

The larvis still didn't react when picked up.

Joanne and Emfa found something to lean on and catch their breath, trying to cool off without taking off their armor because that was an endeavor in and of itself, especially for Joanne with her layers of chainmail and steel plates.

Shuffle whined before going to find Adran.

Niudisa fluttered down, shaking her head. "I'm not used to fighting with a group. I normally just wipe the field, but I can't do that now."

Adran was collecting arrows and and looting corpses when Shuffle ran up with the larvis in her hands. "What's wrong?", he asked.

"The trouble with that," Beri said as he sat down to lick his wounds, "Is that we are currently heavily disorganized." With the main planner out of the group, it was difficult to organize, and so far everyone that had tried to take Jerry's place had either failed or barely managed to keep the group alive. Jerry did jack squat besides complain, at least as far as Beri could tell, but at least she knew her way around strategy.

Shuffle held the little doll out to him. "It stopped moving..."

Niudisa crossed her arms. "Hm. Well, at least I've got some bodies now. If nothing else, we can send them in first to test the waters." She went ahead and started working her magic, before the decay could set in.

Adran took the larvis and looked it over. "Oh, he's just tired," he handed it back. "He's not a very strong elemental, so that display there took everything he had. He's just sleeping." He smiled and ruffled Shuffle's hair before resuming looting corpses.

The bodies Niudisa managed to animate were charred and baked, but with armor they were much sturdier than the goblins they'd encountered so far, and larger to. These goblins were possibly related to hobgoblins, although they didn't look like them.

Shuffle smiled and let out sigh as she took the larvis back. She looked at it a moment before tucking it back into her cleavage. It seemed to like it there, she noticed.

Niudisa fluttered around the goblins as they stood up. "These might even do some damage before they fall. They're definitely stronger than what we've faced so far." She also made sure to check if she could get the minotaur as well, though it had died first and may have already rotted too much.

The minotaur attempted to rise, but its movements were janky at best. Apparently it had taken a lot of damage to its leg muscles and tendons, and only magic was making its lower joints move. Joanne, as per usual, did not at all approve, but at the moment there were other things to worry about, and if it came down to it she was equipped to take on the undead.

Niudisa figured the minotaur would do. It was a larger meat shield, if nothing else. With her horde raised, she had them wait off to the side until the others were ready to move on.

Shuffle looked around at what was left of the fight. "That fight felt different. Do we need to get stronger?"

Joanne shook her head. "This is not an issue of our need for strength," she looked over at where Veo was treating Jeri's broken hand. "We are deep in the ruins, closer to the source. It is to be expected that the creatures would grow stronger here."

"All it would take is one to grow significantly stronger than normal to turn one area into a high level zone," Adran agreed, "Shuffle, can you do me a favor? Help me strip these corpses. If we take the armor, the scavengers won't have it, and maybe we can trade with the Crafter using it."

"There," Veo let go of Jeri's bound hand, and she pulled it back like she'd been bit, scooting away from Veo to put Emil between them. They were out of potions, and the water didn't heal as quickly, so Veo had to bind Jerry's hand and let it heal until they could find something else.

Shuffle gave a nod and started helping with the armor, taking a bit to figure out how to properly undo it. Turns out it had straps like her own armor, which she should've expected.

Erina spoke up. "We should be careful. Perhaps try to avoid charging an enemy head first."

Niudisa nodded. "Yeah, that's what these thralls are for. Let them take the punishment of running in blind so the rest of us don't have to."

"We need to strategize," Joanne agreed.

"Well, what's the plan, paladin?" Adran rolled his eyes. He knew what his plans looked like, they didn't work.

"I do not have one, I am trained to cooperate with other paladins in groups of three, not a group of thirteen." Joanne shook her head. "I have no strategy for this group."

Niudisa shook her head. "My strategies only work with disposable units."

Erina crossed her arms. "Perhaps we could avoid fighting as long as we can. Taking some time to watch our enemy may give us some idea of how to fight them."

Niudisa shook her head. "Not me."

Emil was the only other one with magic, and it was all stats and status, and invisible wasn't among them.

"Fuck." Adran looked at the others. "You? No." No one came forward with the ability to go invisible. "Is anyone super amazing at hiding?"

"Jerry is known to vanish at the drop of a hat, however," Beri pointed with his paw at Jeri.

"The hell happened to your tail?"

'Minotaur."

"Go get that looked at."

Shuffle tilted her head. "Jerry was gonna teach me how to sneak, but I didn't get far."

Erina glanced back. "Currently, the most stealthy one among us is Poli."

Poli looked up. "What?"

"Good idea!", Adran turned to the mimic. "You wanna do us a solid and be sneaky as hell so we can figure out what we're doing, here?"

"You pulled off the bridge," Adran looked behind at Jeri, "I mean, Jerry did the heavy lifting, but you kept her hidden, didn't you? Isn't this basically the same thing?"

"Wait, wait, I've got an idea!", Emfa ran over to Jeri and pulled out the mirror. "Hold still." Emfa held the mirror in front of Jeri.

"What's that?"

"It's you."

"I'm pretty." And then a hand came through the mirror as Jerry's reflection came out. Once it was out, Emfa clocked her on the button.

"The hell was that for?", Adran demanded.

"Every time they switch, they're alseep or unconscious, so I knocked her out to see if she'd switch back." Emfa shrugged and put the mirror away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back