• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

The minotaur bellowed and tried to swing an arm at them, but without being able to see its attackers, there was little it could do. Erina kept the rope pulled as tight as she could struggling to keep it from getting back up. It was losing so much blood though, with more wounds opening by the second, that it was soon too weak to stand. It didn't last much longer before it collapsed.

Slowly, as the creature finally fell, the attacks let up. Joanne stepped back, satisfied it was dead. Jerry and Adran stopped shooting when the creature was covered, and as the others slowly got off of it, they put their weapons away to go make sure everyone was alright. Beri, still in a rage state, continued to shred and claw at the corpse long after it had fallen, with Emfa also continuing to hack at the monster for a while longer than the paladin.

Shuffle stood on top of it as it collapsed, letting out a victory howl before she jumped down. Erina stopped to catch her breath before going to get the rope off. Fia and Emil flew down and landed nearby.

Jerry, Adran, and Veo got down to the arena as the party started to dismount the corpse, Veo going to try and calm Emfa down, who then turned and hacked off one of the minotaur's twisted horns with her axe.

"Beri, it's dead!", Adran called, "You're good, buddy!" The leopard looked up at his master and growled. Adran threw his hands up. "Well, he's not calming down for a bit."

"You need to control your animal," Joanne commented as she yanked the flask off of Jerry and doused herself to get rid of the minotaur blood.

Shuffle watched Emfa hack off a minotaur horn before looking to the collapsed wall where it had rammed it. She paused for a moment before reaching up to one of her own horns, which suddenly felt quite small.

Adran muttered something to Joanne to the effect o "Well you go get him, then, if you think it's possible", leading to a bit of a scuffle between the warlock and paladin before Jerry managed to separate them.

Emfa shouldered her prize and looked at Veo, who just shook her head. Emfa rolled her eyes and patted Veo on the back, then picked up Shuffle. 'That's a neat trick you pulled there, critter."

Shuffle squeaked, not used to just being picked up. She glanced around before looking at Emfa. "What trick?"

"That fire thing, how'd you do that?" Emfa sat Shuffle down when Shuffle made it clear she wasn't good with being held. "Is that magic or are you part salamander?

Shuffle shook herself off a bit before looking at Emfa again. "Dragon, actually. I got carried away fighting one and accidentally swallowed some blood, so now I can breath fire."

"That's kinda nifty," Emfa smirked, "How does that work?"

On the other end of the scuffle, Jerry was keeping the paladin and Warlock an arm's reach apart from each other. Their argument on what to do about Beri had devolved into a fight, and Jerry was only able to keep them apart because of the crystal.

"I'm not sure why, but when I drink the blood of something, I get traits from it." She looked back at her tail. "I got fins and stuff from eating fish. And I learned to talk with some of Jerry's blood. But the blood from stuff in here is corrupted, so I try to avoid it."

Erina watched the argument from a distance as she coiled her rope.

"You drank that scrawny little- How is she keeping those two apart?", Emfa turned towards Jerry to see the rogue kick Adran in the stomach and drap support on Joanne, letting the paladin hit the dirt. By now, Beri was starting to calm down a bit and climbed down from the rotting corpse, licking blood off his whiskers.

Shuffle looked over as well. She tilted her head before trotting over to see if her help was needed.

With the warlock and paladin momentarily separated, and Beri coming back into the fold, Jerry stopped to catch her breath and Beri went to go stand by the elf. "I swear these two are like cats and dogs," Jerry muttered, looking at Shuffle. "Need something?"

Jerry laughed a bit and shook her head. "Nah, these two are done, Paladin's on the floor and the warlock's got his cat, so we're good." Jerry looked around at the mess. "Alright, guys, we've got hardly any time till the feeders show up, so loot and find a door!"

Fia chirped and flapped her wings. “Oh! Oh! While you were fighting, I saw a chest!” She turned and pointed with her wing. “Behind some rubble over there.”

Jerry gave Fia a thumbs up. "Good job, birdy! Is it buried or beyond it?" Jerry was heading towards the rubble as she asked.

“Beyond it. Kinda wedges between it and the wall.” She followed after Jerry, with Shuffle following, too.

Over by the rubble, between it and the wall as Fia said, was a chest, sitting lopsided. It looked like it had fallen then when the structure crumbled to make the rubble.

Jerry half-climbed, half-slid down the side of the pile down to the chest, finding the latch and preparing to push it open. "You three have my back if this tries to eat me, right?", Jerry asked, referring to Shuffle, Fia, and Poli.

Fia and Shuffle nodded. Poli didn’t reply.

Inside the chest was...another set of lingerie, though in a different style than Jerry’s.

Silence. Jerry blinked, looked down at the fabric, shook her head, and closed the chest and looked at the harpy and critter behind her. "This has got to be a trick." Keeping her hands on the lid of the chest, Jerry turned her ring to look around make sure that this was not the loot for this room. "There is no way in hell..." Looking around, Jerry didn't see another chest. "You have got to be kidding me."

Jerry reached for one of her pouches and then opened the chest again, pushing the fabric inside the chest into the pouch. Jerry was already cursed by one of these things, she wasn't too concerned about round two. But the fewer people being affected by curses, the better.

"Don't worry about it," Jerry replied, straightfaced as she put the pouch away. "It's not important and it'll hurt you more than it'll help you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back