• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"He came along after us to help out. And he's been a big help." Nidia glanced away. "Aaaand, I kinda like him..."

Veo blinked. Then she looked at Emil, and down where her hand was, mentally projecting how big Turac must have been by then. Definitely not as large as his birth mother, he was barely an adolescent in dragon terms, but still massive! "Nidia, he's a turtle the size of a house!"

Nidia blinked. "Huh? ...oh! Right! No no no, see Jerry got him a ring from Adran that lets him take on a human form. It makes it much more convenient for him to follow us like that. And, ah... He's not bad to look at in that form either..."

Veo blinked again, then looked at Emil, and back at the mirror. "Is he around? Put him on." She wanted to have a chat with this man that had captured her daughter's attention.

"Er... Yeah, he's...around somewhere." Nidia didn't like that tone, but she got up to find Turac anyway. "Um... I should mention I haven't outright told him I like him yet. I mean, I did when I was feeling the heat, but he probably didn't take that seriously for obvious reasons."

"Well, Nidia, for the both of you I hope he's as blind as his father." Veo crossed her arms as Nidia found the dragon turtle shoulder-checking a rotten door off of its hinges, and then freezing a racoon that took umbrage to its home being invaded like that.

"Oh, thanks," Turac smiled at Nidia as he took the mirror, then paused a the faces on the other side, "You're not my parents." He sounded very confused about that fact as he looked back at Nidia.

Nidia glanced away, putting her hands behind her back. "Yeah, my parents wanna talk with you."

Emil had moved around to sit next to Veo by this point.

Turac raised an eyebrow and looked back at the mirror. "Okay?"

"Have a seat, Turac." The stoop filled that end. "I hear Nidia approached you in her heat cycle?"

"She did."

"She set Siege's off, I had to stop Siege from ripping Nidia apart." Turac shrugged, "That's about it, really."

"Turac, I know my daughter, and I know what your parents are like," Veo narrowed her eyes, "What did you do to my daughter?"

"I froze them both solid and told them-"

"YOU WHAT?!"

Emil rested a hand on Veo's shoulder. "We already know Nidia is alive and well." He looked at Turac. "Was that really the only option though? She may be a snow leopard but she's still not immune to being hurt by cold."

"It was," Turac sighed, "The alternative was Nidia dead and you having this discussion with Siege before her execution for murder while in the royal domicile." He'd thawed Nidia out before she could get frostbite, anyway.

“Freezing Siege, I can understand, considering how her mother can be. But I find it hard to believe Nidia was causing as much commotion.”

"I would disagree."

"Turac! What would your mom say?" Turac flinched as he considered that.

"'Dammit, Siege, can you be calm for five minutes!'", he said in his best, albeit much more masculine-sounding than Jerry, impression of his mother's voice.

Emil shook his head. “You’re not wrong... Still, we’d both appreciate if you would be more careful. We worry about Nidia enough just knowing the usual dangers of the world. I’d rather not have to worry about the people who should be looking out for her as well.”

"Consider being careful before taking the freezing option. If you can avoid freezing at all, that's better."

"If you're only going to scold me for stopping Nidia from getting ripped to pieces, I'm hanging up," Turac announced.

"Don't you dare, we're not done with-" Whatever Veo was going to say next, Turac didn't hear it as he hung up. Not in the mood to potentially deal with his own parents after that conversation, he went to go find Nidia and return her mirror.

Nidia was sitting outside, idly watching the trees as she waited. She glanced over as Turac came out. "Ah, you done?"

Turac nodde as he handed over the mirror, "I do not think your parents will be pleased when you speak with them again." He brushed off his hands and turned to go investigate the building he'd breached before being interuppted.

Nidia blinked as she took the mirror back. "...oh dear..." Unlike Turac and his siblings, Nidia wasn't one to ignore her parents when they started raising their voices, so she settled in to call them back.

As the mirror connected, Nidia could see a stunned Veo processing that she'd been so casually shut down by, in terms of the group's close families, was nearly her nephew. "Emil, please tell me that did not just happen?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back