• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Turac shrugged in his shell and settled down, "As you wish."

"Well," Jalin clapped, deciding to move on. "Who's hungry?" Niudisa barely ate, and Katsuo was a skeleton, so whenever Jalin wanted to eat he'd have to prepare it himself, and he'd gotten pretty good at it, he thought.

"Well then," Jalin smiled, "I'll start cooking!" He got a couple of the party members to help him get supplies and pick some wild herbs to augment, and before long he had a soup boiling in the cookpot.

Roy also offered some of the dried spices he and Turac had picked up in the city. He was only familiar with some of them, and he hoped Jalin would know the rest.

While the food was cooking, Emilia retreated into the wagon to keep working on Siege's request. She would've worked on it while they were traveling, but she figured Siege wouldn't appreciate her doing that where the others could see.

The soup sure smelled delicious. As it cooked, Siege sharpened her axe for what seemed like the eleventieth time that day. She wasn't used to using a bladed weapon, but she knew they had to be sharp to work. "I don't supposed anyone's got any campfire stories?", she asked after a bit.

Well, that was one way to go about it. It didn't take long before some of the group were laughing, though, and by the time Jalin was pouring soup, the mood was much better. "Eat it while it's hot!"

With so many of them laughing at once, it was nearly impossible to tell, but there was an additional quiet giggle nearby. Nidia, Roy, Katsuo, and Emilia didn't seem to notice though as they got their food.

None of the others seemed to notice, Jalin wasn't watching for any strange creatures. "eat up!"

"It's good," Siege noted as she ate, "Where'd you learn to cook?"

"Well," Jalin smiled as he sat down to eat his portion, "Lady Niudisa eats very little, and Katsuo doesn't eat at all. If I wanted to eat, i had to stock the pantry and make it for myself."

"Hm, a fair point." Roy smiled and kept eating. Their quest seemed to be looking up. They'd made progress now and the mood was good.

Turac was the only one that didn't eat the soup, but as big as he was it wasn't like Jalin had made enouggh to feed Turac even if he drank the entire pot. So the turtle's attention was focused on the surrounding wilderness, and something felt off... "Something's wrong."

"I don't know," Turac frowned and reared back his head, spraying steam into the wilderness so anything moving would show in the breeze.

Emilia glanced down at the bit of thread she had on one leg. "Nothing's tripped my threads, so it's not too close to us."

"I don't know," Turac squinted at the dark wilderness and steam, "I can't see anything."

"I don't hear anything," Jalin shook his head.

"Maybe," Turac squinted out in the forest one more time before shaking his head and settling down again.

"Besides," Siege shrugged, setting her empty bowl down, "Roy and I have Truesight, we'd have seen if something was out there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back