• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Fia nodded and looked out at the water. Shuffle was currently just floating on her back, so Fia flew over to see if she could stand on her lift a raft.

Emil was currently checking on the violin. Steam was still rising from the water, and it still had those spikes on it, so he could tell it wasn't purified yet.

Adran was working on replacing the arrowheads the phoenix had destroyed. He had nice ones made by and for him when he'd built his bow so long ago, but now a phoenix had liquified the heads and disinitgrated the shafts, and hells if he knew what he was going to do for fletchings, he didn't know enough about phoenix feathers to even attempt to work with those. "Anyone seen Nalla?"

"She has also vanished."

"Greeaat." Adran shook his head, "At least we know this place is safe. How would you guys feel about omelets for dinner?"

"Tarrasque," Adran shrugged, "I don't think the eggs are fertilized." The other eggs wouldn't be viable for omelets, anyway. The hydra eggs were fertilized and Jerry and Asta were trying to hatch the dragon turtle egg.

"Mm. Well, I'm not much for eating eggs, so I may stick with fruit. Just making sure you're picking the right ones."

Shuffle swam up to the edge of the pool about that time. "Hey! Stop working and get in the water. It's sooo nice."

"She went to find a shallower pool. She doesn't like the deep water."

Emil had nothing else to attend to, so he headed for his tent to check on Veo.

"Keep an eye on her, she might not be able to swim as good as you."

Veo had remained in the tent, without really moving from where she'd curled up on the bed. She looked like she'd been crying.

Shuffle nodded and jumped back into the water, swimming off to find Fia.

Emil paused as he stepped into the tent. "Veo? Are you alright?"

Veo reached out to pull Emil into a hug, not answering the question. Even her vines partially clung to Emil, the parasite emulating its host's behavior.

"Thank you," Veo smiled into Emil's neck, holding the hug for a while. When they finally split, Veo seemed to have calmed down a bit more. "Is anyone hurt?" Veo could do with a distraction right now.

Emil smiled back at her. "Have you checked Asta yet? He did take that fireball head on. Otherwise, no. Shuffle and Fia are in the water though, so they might need supervision."

Emil looked at her for a moment before he stood on the bed to straighten her hair a bit. "There. Beautiful."

Veo smiled, "Thank you." She planted a kiss on Emil's cheek before ducking out of the tent to go find Asta and make sure he wasn't hurt.

About the time Veo left, Jerry returned, an armload of yellow rocks. Sulfur. "There's a whole bunch of this stuff around the springs."

Emil smiled back at her before following more slowly. Asta was still pacing around among the trees. Not aggressively, for once, just idly.

Raine looked over. “Why do you need that, again?”

"That phoenix didn't hurt you, did he?", Veo asked when she found the chimera.

"When I mix sulfur with charcoal and saltpeter, I make black powder. You can use it for breaking things open, propelling a cannon shell, making things explode," Jerry shrugged.

"And where do you get the saltpeter down here?", Adran asked.

"You don't wanna know."

Asta glanced over. “No. I am highly resistant to magic, even from a Phoenix. And I had the enchantment as well.” He talked big, but his fur was still visibly singed in several places.

“Well, if you’re making it, I’m sure you know how to be careful with it. We are in a cave after all.”

"Well, that's good," Veo still tried to check and make sure Asta wasn't burned. He was pretty stubborn, and Beri didn't like being touched. Maybe Asta shared that trait.

"Oh, I can't make enough at once to cause a cave in unless I really want to," Jerry shook her head, "I'd have to cake it on and blow it if I wanted to drop the ceiling."

Asta held still for her. The last fight had gone well, so he was in a good mood.

“Please don’t. Predicting where the rocks will fall isn’t easy.”

"I'm not going to," Jerry smiled and patted Raine on the shoulder once she'd set the rocks down. "Besides, I've got to extract the sulfur from the rocks first."

“Alright.” Raine looked over at the water before standing up. “I’m gonna see if there are shallower pools. I’m not really doing anything over here.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back