• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Shuffle and Fia simultaneously “aw’d” before sitting together in a corner. Their corner of exclusion.

“Ah, good point.” Poli pulled off and scooted away.

Asta looked at Adran. “And you’re certain this spell is safe?”

"Hey, it's okay," Nyah tried to cheer the two up with another illusory tale.

"It's only polymorph, it's not permanent," Adran nodded, "I used it on myself when we were all under the spore effect. It's temporary." He chuckled at the thought of using another spell to this affect. he couldn't cast it but he could probably get the scroll at some point down here. "Just, uh, get ready to catch her." He took a step back from Jerry and looked to Niudisa, "And get ready to explain how fairy wings work," he didn't wait for a response before making the appropriate hand signs, "Breyting, ævintýri!" Change, Fairy in Old Elvish. Jerry glowed as he cast the spell, shrinking down and changing in proportion. A short moment later, and falling out of the air about where Jerry's head was before, was a point of light like Niudisa, although with a blue glow instead of purple to it. Almost immediately said light point started falling.

Shuffle and Fia looked at Nyah’s display. It took a bit, but they eventually seemed to forget their displeasure.

Asta was quick to provide his body as a landing pad. Niudisa fluttered down to help Jerry get the hang of things.

Jerry landed in Asta's mane, fortunately not the part with horns sticking out. Appearance-wise, Fairy Jerry was very similar to Normal Jerry, whatever Normal meant at this point. She still had a scaly right arm, ivory hair, horns, and a tail longer than she was tall, but a set of delicate wings like a butterfly, blue like her scales, as well as other Fey-nature aspects, like elongated and pointed ears, and a somewhat more angled face. "Why, does all the- what the hell is that?", Jerry shot from Asta's neck to up on top of his horns like a treed racoon as a flea passed over her foot. At this scale they were massive! Fortunately she was incredibly light at this scale as well.

Niudisa smiled at her as she fluttered down next to her. “Why do you think I spend most of my time flying? Speaking of which, let’s get you airborne.” Without waiting for a reply, she got into an explanation of how fairy wings worked and how to use them most effectively.

"Hang on, what on earth is a frenulum?" Words were bein thrown out that Jerry didn't even know, and she spoke seven languages and could read six more!

"Hey, that tickles!" Jerry almost fell off of Asta's head giggling. She did fall when another of Asta's fleas cropped by. They were few in number thanks to his bath, but the few that survived were much less spread out when Asta was tiny. Jerry'd didn't make it to the ground, though, some reflex got those wings fluttering and instead she drifted into Adran's bootstraps. "Not a word," she cautioned the elf. "Now, how'd I do that?

“Reflex, looks like. Your wings know what to do, you just gotta let ‘em do it.” Niudisa fluttered to continue offering pointers.

Eventually they managed to get Jerry airborn, It was kinda fun, actually, once Jerry realized through trial and error that falling at this scale wasn't nearly as dangerous, she couldn't hit the ground hard enough when falling to hurt herself. "So this is why Fia and Shuffle enjoy it so much!"

“Heh, just try not to get depressed when you have to turn back.” Niudisa looked to the others. “Alright, anything else?”

"No, that should be everything," Adran looked around the forge for the dragonfly, but it was doing a remarkable job of hiding amongst the sparks sent flying by Thoradin's forge. "The spell lasts for an hour, so try to make this quick."

“Right. Asta, it’s up to you to get it out of the flames. Then we’ll see about catching it or killing it. Whichever happens.”

Asta nodded and headed over to the forge, hopping up on the edge to take a look.

The dragonfly did a remarkable job of hiding amonst the coals, folding its wings under its elytra and sitting absolutely still so as to appear as nothing more than a hot coal amongst other hot coals. It didn't even move until one of the constructs went to stir the coals and insert another bar of iron, at which point it hopped out of the way and hissed.

"I just remembered I'm not fireproof anymore," Jerry muttered as she and Niudisa fluttered above.

Down on the ground, Adran was fishing around in the bag of holding for a jar or a bottle, some kind of container to use to contain the bug. "Veo, put some spores in this," he said to the healer as he handed her said jar.

"Why?"

"Sedative. Insects process everything through how they breathe, sedatives paralyze like nerve agents."

Niudisa shrugged. “Here’s hoping the dragon scales give you something.”

Asta kept watch on the coals. The moment one of them stood out, he sprang at it, flapping his wings to avoid fully running across the hot coals.

Emil went ahead and got his music going to boost the party’s speed.

"It's blue, not red, it's probably lightning, the way things have gone," Jerry didn't elaborate on that point as Asta and the dragonfly began their chase across the coals. For obvious reasons the dragonfly was loath to leave the place it was safest, but it couldn't very well attack from under Asta, and so it shot up and over to take a snap at Asta's hide. Jerry took out one of her knives, gave it a kiss because she knew she was probably going to lose it, spun it around in her hand, and threw it at the dragonfly's eye, which it ducked easily.

Asta kept his eyes on the dragonfly as flew over him. As the knife interrupted its attack, Asta jumped forward and caught he blade in his teeth before jumping to take a swing at the dragonfly. It was a little awkward, using a blade, but not too different from swinging his horns at something.

The knife made contact. The underside of the dragonfly's body was much softer than it's upper body, and it gave a screech as Asta's attempt at knifewielding put a slash across it's body. Chittering, it wheeled around, the flame on its abdomen growing brighter before a small fireball came soaring out of it towards Asta.

Asta flapped his wings to gain height and avoid the fireball before charging the dragonfly again, trying to drive it away from the forge.

Moving around the forge and active constructs quickly revealed itself to be hazardous. The constructs didn't care for the chimera and dragonfly dodging about, making flight dangerous for the much-less agile flier of Asta. "Don't hit me with a spell," Jerry warned Niudisa before folding her wings as best as she could and doing her best impression of a falcon dive-bomb to help Asta out.

With hostiles coming from all directions, the dragonfly flew out of the forge away from the constructs, Asta, and now Jerry, who just about ripped her wings out of socket trying to stop the fall in a stable way. "Ow, hot, hot, " forget the edge of the forge, Jerry hopped off to float off of it and make sure she hadn't seared off the bottom of her feet.

Asta stopped to look at Jerry and make sure she was alright, so Niudisa flew down to pick up the slack, bringing a magic hand along with her.

"I'm fine, just go," her feet would probably blister, but Jerry would be okay, soon flying after Niudisa and the dragon fly. Shooting back around around the giant mech, the dragonfly buzzed around dodging and weaving Niudisa's magic hand, Jerry's knives, and Asta. Definitely something more than insect intelligence involved, a normal dragonfly would have been caught several times over.

Niudisa glanced at Jerry and Asta as they pursued the dragonfly. “Adran has the jar, chase it towards him.” Asta nodded, swerving around to come from the side. Niudisa did the same from the other side.

"Good idea," Adran took position at the back to be able to move up or down as needed. Realizing it was being herded, the dragonfly tried to wheel around and fling fire at its pursuers, in the process, Adran reached up with his jar and the thing flew backwards into it. Jerry slammed into the jar lid as he clapped that down on top and screwed it on. "Ow..."

"Sorry, Jerry, Fairy Jars have been illegal for the last century." Adan shook the jar to get the spores moving around, filling it with the cloud of blue spores that now Jerry could see thanks to being a fairy at the moment.

"Oh, that's what that looks like..."

"Yep."

Niudisa and Asta flew up to take a look at the trapped dragonfly, the former speaking up. “I don’t think everyone got that memo. In any case, now we can figure out who’s behind this thing. Though I think I have a decent guess.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back