• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

“Mm. Well, at least it’s alright.” Shuffle climbed up out of the water before shaking herself off.

"Yes it is," Emera chuckled as she reappeared, holding an ivory sphere with a diameter twice the size of Shuffle's head, bouncing it between her hands as she floated in the air, just out of reach of anyone trying to grab her.

"Emera, if you have any sense of decency, that's not an egg!", Adran hissed.

"So what if it is?", Emera chuckled, fake-dropping the egg and almost giving Adran and Joanne a heart attack in the process. A roar of rage shook the cistern as the water became boiling hot under those in the water. The dragon turtle had found out, and she was pissed.

“¡Maldita sea, después de todos esos problemas ahora todavía tenemos que lidiar con esto!” Emil turned away as he just went off.

Shuffle looked up at the succubus. “You put that back!”

"No, I don't want to," Emera chuckled.

"Gods-damned demon! Hönd!", Adran extended his hand and shot some magic at the succubus, an invisible hand reaching up and jerking Emera down by her tail. "You have done nothing but complain and make trouble since you got here! Emera! I don't care what Asmodeus did to you over me and Erina, you can act like you want to stay alive, or you can-"

"Get out of the water, get out of the water!", Jerry shouted, through her ring she could see the turtle racing through the tunnel, apparently the hole was wide enough that the dragon turtle could get through.

Most of the others had climbed out by then, and even then the water heating up would have encouraged them out already. Shuffle quickly pushed her way to the back of the group, not wanting to get blamed for it this time.

There was a huge thud and a splash as the tip of the turtle's nose poked out o the water, her shell getting caught on something and stopping her mid-charge. The dragon roared obscenities at the group, occasionally adding a burst of ice or scaulding steam in her fury.

"We need to run," Jerry said, able to understand exactly what the turtle was screaming at them, "Like yesterday." She didn't even wait for an answer, just turned and ran further into the ruins, soon followed by others trying to escape the massive cloud of steam hot enough to cook a live cow in.

The rest nodded their agreement and ran along with Jerry, trying to avoid ending up in the water again.

The twisting tunnels of the ruins made trouble as always for the group's speed as they made a mad dash through the ruins, shooting out of the steam cloud with minimal or no injuries. Out of breath and well and good far away from the cistern and the angry dragon turtle, the group had to take a breather.

"I.. huh... I don't think..."

"Hehe, you guys are so weak," Emera chuckled, still palming the egg.

"You shut up!", Adran shouted, "You're still in trouble!"

"The only reason you still draw breath, demon, is because you are useful," Joanne added.

Niudisa shook her head. "I'm questioning even that. I'm half tempted to let Adran use my mana so the paladin can smite this bitch."

Adran shook his head. If he had time and an appropriate item, he could seal the succubus inside something, but they'd just given a dragon all of their valuables. "you know what," he threw up his hands, "I don't care! I've been busting my ass since I met you to work around your bullshit, Emera. I give up! You don't follow any rules, you are shit at keeping contracts, and I'll be completley honest, I wish I could have copied a mirage of Asmodeus kicking your ass so I could fall asleep to it after a bad day. You need an ass-kicking like I need a better mana source!" He cast Liga on the succubus and caught the egg, handing it to Joanne and walking away as the succubus hit the ground. With an medium-sized humanoid being the target of Liga, this time it was more obvious what the bindings were supposed to be, as the bindings forced the succubus into a rather compromising position as she hit the floor.

"Oh, fuck you- mmh!" Emera started shouting at Adran, but he snapped his fingers and a gag joined the ensemble.

"Someone should go after him," Emfa said, "I've never been this deep in the ruins, I don't know what's beyond here."

Erina volunteered and skittered after the warlock. Niudisa hesitated before following, just to make sure there was someone else there to fight if need be.

Shuffle looked up at the egg in Joanne’s hands. “Now what do we do...?”

"Our options are limited," Joanne agreed, "We cannot return the egg, the turtle will kill us on the spot. We can either destroy it, or keep it." She set the egg down in Jerry's lap and drew her sword, "The matter of dealing with who is responsible for this occurence, however, is as clear as the air." She turned towards the succubus with her sword, the demon's eyes going wide as she tried to scoot away from the paladin.

"Hey, what am I supposed to do with this?", Jerry demanded.
-------------

Adran didn't go very far, he'd basically turned a corner and threw up a blue shield spell to keep from being followed.

Shuffle looked over towards the succubus as well. “Hm... I wonder what would happen if I tried demon blood...”

Emil spoke up. “While I would normally speak against rash action, I can’t think of a reason against this. She has done more harm than good and will likely continue as such.”

—————

Erina bumped against the shield as she came to it, pausing and resting a hand against it. “Adran?”

"Uh-uh, Shuffle, that's a stupid idea and you know it!", Jerry called.

"I am not going to kill her," Joanne said, "I am going to disable her until such time as the warlock finds an alternative source of mana. And then I will kill her." The paladin reached down to pick Emera up by her bindings, and in an effort to avoid being forcibly crippled by a paladin, Emera tried some magic, her eyes flashing as she tried to work a shield. That didn't work out too well since her mana was being leeched for Adran's spells, only tightening her bindings and burning her.
--------------

"If you're here to try and tell me I'm wrong for how I'm treating Emera, I'm gonna stop you right there," Adran called, not looking over from the circle he was scratching into the wall.

Shuffle put her ears back. “Fine...” She paused for a moment. “But what could happen?”

—————

Erina shook her head. “That’s not why I’m here. I’m just making sure you’re alright.”

Jerry groaned, trying to figure out how she was going to explain this to Shuffle. "That's a succubus, Shuffle. I know you don't understand this, but the reason I keep stabbing Adran is the same reason i don't want you drinking her blood." As she said that, Joanne picked up the succubus by her bindings and dragged her to another area so Shuffle and Fia wouldn't have to see the paladin torture a demon.

-----------------------
"Oh, I'm fine!", Adran replied, "Not like in one day my Patron's broken the contract and I'm stuck leeching off a demon hooker for my mana supply."

Shuffle blinked. “So... You’d have to stab me, too?”

—————

Erina was quiet for a moment before she looked away. “I’m sorry...”

"Don't drink Emera's blood, and we won't find out," Jerry replied as the sound of cutting and the demon's screaming came from the area Joanne had vanished to.

-------------
"It's not your fault," Adran shook his head, "This is just some metaphysical crap I gotta deal with, not the first time something like this has happened, probably won't be the last, either, if I can contact Asmodeus and get my contract back."

Shuffle glanced over towards where Joanne had gone. She didn't press the matter beyond that.

Emil grimaced as he put his earplugs in.

----------

"Still, had I known this much trouble would have come from it... Well, I would have at least waited."

"No, this one's on me, I got you drunk and into my bed," Adran shook his head, "It was not entirely a romantic gesture." He shrugged and added another mark to the circle, took a step back, and snapped his fingers, the flames appearing at the points. Apparently, he was summoning something again.

"Mm..." Erina had more to say, but he seemed busy at the moment. It seemed to her like it wasn't the best time.

"You two, fairy," Adran pointed back the way they'd came before turnign back to his circle. He wove the summoning magic, except somethign was odd, this time.

To scry between planes takes a more complicated tool than a reflective surface. To establish two-way scrying between planes is harder. Fortunately, Hell's circle of Lust was right next to Vanity, so there were mirrors there, Adran just had to make a connection. Once the connection was made, his circle exploded in fire and smoke in Adran's face, oddly not even singeing him. "Really? How often has that worked?" Within the circle was the image of a woman, clearly of infernal descent, behind her was a rather luxurious bedroom, littered with exhausted succu and incubi. Adran had called directly into Asmodeus' chambers.

"You better have a good reason, Adran, I'm busy," Asmodeus hissed.

---------------------
Jerry was still sitting with the egg in her lap, scared to move it, Emfa had sat down to sharpen her axe for the umpteenth time, Veo was fussing over Emil, her ears folded back as Emera kept screaming. Beri, well Beri wasn't particularly fazed by the noise, curling up for a power nap.

Niudisa moved away a bit, but she was terribly curious. She'd never seen something like this before.

----------

Emil insisted he was unharmed, he just didn't want to hear what was happening at the moment. Fia hopped over and settled near Jerry to look at the egg. Asta and Poli were watching it as well. Shuffle just laid down to wait until they were ready to move again. Erina rejoined the group shortly, settling down somewhere out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back