• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

And so the two started drinking, or rather, Adran trying to get Erina to drink. Three bottles later, and Adran was well and truly drunk, barely able to stand on his own.

----------------
"Alright, keep it quiet, I've gotta figure out how to do this," Jerry shut her mouth and started looking for a way to get what she wanted while sticking to the edge of the room. Slowly she circled her way around, trying not to be noticed. Oddly, she recognized this dialect, now that she was close enough it could be understood, she'd have to tell the others when talking wasn't a life or death issue. Poli could taste it on the floor that goblins were very messy. The floor was litered with grease from their food, old ale, and generally just loose bits and bobs that seemed like they'd burn very easily as Jerry finally got to the main brewing area, finding one of the pots that had stuff in it, and waiting for a chance to disable it, taking a skin of the stuff while she waited.

The burn had been worse on the first drink, so Erina accepted a few more swigs. After that, she’d had enough that it would take much for Adran to get her to take another drink. She wasn’t drinking nearly as fast as Adran, but she was wobbling just a little.

—————

Poli kept quiet as they were told. They may have taken a bit of what was on the floor, about the equivalent of licking it, as Jerry walked. These goblins had odd tastes.

Well, Adran didn't particularly want Erina sloshing around like he was, someone had to keep him from tripping on any elevation change greater than a hair's breadth in another half bottle, after all. Not that he didn't try, offering her whatever bottle was on hand and alternating between trying to guilt trip her by telling her she'd leave him to drink alone, and trying to No-Balls her into it by calling her afraid. "It ain't gonna bite ya!"

-------------
Once Jerry saw her opportunity, she broke the tap on the barrels and let it pour as she skedaddled the other ways, carefully pouring a line of the stuff out of the waterskin. The goblins apparently were more concerned with the rapidly vanishing-into-the-everywhere-but-their-gullets booze than the floating waterskin, or the sparks as Jerry tried to light the line.

Finally, a spark took, and Jerry and Poli watched in slow motion as the fire trailed towards the barrels and kegs and the booze covered goblins... BOOM! It went up in flames as the entire camp seemed to catch fire, spreading rapidly once the barrels blew up and the steady pour went from a trickle to a floor of fiery liquid washign over the camp. Goblins screamed and Jerry turned, huddled, and covered her ears to avoid hearing the screams.

Erina was easy to guilt, especially as he better judgement was impaired, and she accepted his challenges as well. At least her bottom half was just plain stable to begin with, staying up regardless of how much her top half swayed. “It may not bite me, but I will bite it.”

Emil flicked an ear and paused his playing, looking towards the path further in. After a moment, he shrugged and resumed.

—————

Poli watched the site, so long as they were far enough away to be part of it. Fire was certainly entrancing from a distance.

And Adran and Erina were drinking. If Joanne was in the room, she'd certainly be pissed at them. "You know," Adran slurred after a while, "My boss don't want me flirtin' witcha, hic, but you're a pretty lady, you know that?"

----
The fire seemed to go on for a while, Jerry tried not to move or listen to the screams until smoke from the burning bodies began to fill the hall, and Jerry had to move on back to the group. Even though Jerry could breathe in any circumstances, she didn't exactly like the idea of inhaling the smoke from a hundred people and children.

“Aren’t I though? It’s a struggle to not just pass my time looking at the mirror.” Erina’s words weren’t quite as slurred, but one could tell she was a bit out of it. “But I see no reason you can’t flirt. After all, that’s what got me here.”

—————

Poli spoke up as they headed back. “Well, that went about as planned.”

"You make a good point, spider lady!", Adran said, raising the bottle and taking another drink from it. "I mean, you don't worship Lolth, do ya?"

---------
"Don't," Jerry shook her head. The plan had gone on flawlessly, but Jerry had some things to say to Joanne when she got back. She had the saving grace that she was a reflection, Jerry's perspective on the matter would vanish the second she stepped back into the mirror, but the act itself was something Jerry didn't want to focus on.

Erina looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “What’s a Lolth?”

—————

“Er, alright...” Poli went silent. They didn’t quite know what that was about, but it was better to not push it.

"That answers that question!", Adran giggled, "I don't think my boss can be pissed, then." Then he stumbled a bit, "I don't think I can say the same, though..." All that booze was starting to move around in the elf. "Where's the shitter?"

Erina shrugged. “I only know of my own, I can’t speak for anyone else. I’m not that familiar with your anatomy.”

"Well, shit." Adran stumbled around looking for a spot to relieve his bladder away from the party, ending up just going out and watering the mold. He came back a few minutes later a little more clear headed. "You know," he seemed to forget what he was going to say, looking confused and squinting at nothing, although with his position it looked like he was staring intently at Erina's chest.

Erina looked at him for a few moments before she giggled. “That’s the most forward flirting you’ve done. Surprisingly without words.”

"Huh?", Adran still looked confused, "What was I talking about?" He squinted again trying to figure out the situation and burped loudly. "Oh, there it is! You know," he momentarily lost his train of thought again as something caught his eye and distracted him. "You've got a loose thread, there," he pointed at the edge of Erina's band under her armpit.

"Yeah, it's right there, no- up a bit, too far, on your left, too far, stop, you're making me dizzy!" Adran stumbled in place trying to keep his balance but remain focused on the elusive thread.

"You're making yourself dizzy! Hang on." Erina reached back for a moment before just unwrapping her bindings, holding them in her hands to search the whole length for the loose thread.

It took drunk Adran a moment to process what he was looking at. "Well," he gave an appreciative nod. "You don't waste time, do you?"

“It’s far easier to find that thread like this. Besides, the girls need to breathe every now and then.”

"Don't let Joanne see you," Adran gestured towards the open door and realised he was standing next to it. "Oh," he closed the door so the two of them were isolated and took another drink.

“I’m not shy. If she wants to look, she may. There you are.” Erina found the thread and settled down to work on fixing it. Really, she just flopped down, some of her legs sticking out instead of tucking under herself.

"Well, I'm not complaining," Adran slid down the door to the floor and just watched. Shameless as he was most of the time, drunk he was even less so.

Erina soon had the thread problem resolved. Even intoxicated as she was, she could still weave just fine, apparently. She continued searching for any more lose threads.

Meanwhile, Shuffle had remembered something and got up to see Jeri.

Adran stayed on the ground and watched the topless arachne reweave her top.

--------

Jeri was with Joanne and Asta, watching as Jerry torched the goblin camp, told Poli to shut it, and was now on her way back. Jeri seemed to be having the same reaction as her counterpart, only without Jerry's ability to just bury the mental consequences of actions to deal with them later, and was retching in a corner.

Once Erina was satisfied with her top, she went ahead and rewrapped herself.

----------

That put a damper on Shuffle's plan, but she was more concerned with whatever was wrong with Jeri. She headed over to ask about it.

Adran looked a bit disappointed as Erina re-wrapped herself, but it had to happen eventually. "You look good," he commented. He'd set the bottle down for now, reaching the point where last time he woke up in a dumpster with an imp dancing the macarena on his forehead. He still didn't remember anything from that night, but if he was summoning demons that was not a state you wanna be drunk in, and even drunk Adran was smart enough to avoid it.

-----------
"What?", Jeri didn't seem like she was in a mood to talk, looking a little green around the gills.

"I do not know why you humanize monsters so," Joanne commented as she put the mirror away, expecting Jerry and Poli back within a few minutes. "They are only goblins."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back