• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Morning, or at least as close as could be approximated in this place, came. Adran and Niudisa put their research notes away and went back to the others to find Emil and Veo curled up together on the landing outside the door. "I guess they didn't like the beds," Adran shrugged, knocking on the door.

Niudisa shrugged as well.

Poli, evidently a light sleeper, looked over at the sound of the knock before heading on over to get the door. Some of the others were stirring as well, just not to the point of getting up yet.

Poli moving around woke Jeri, who, thanks to being in Jerry's body, was awake and moving around just about as soon as she opened her eyes. As Poli opened the door, Jeri blitzed over and tripped on the mimic, face-planting squarely on the other side of the door. "Ow..."

"Uh... morning?", Adran didn't really know what he was supposed to do, here.

"Gack!" Poli fell limp after getting tripped on, laying there for a moment before crawling away.

Shuffle glanced over towards the door, but the bed was comfy enough that she and Fia opted to stay there for the time being.

Adran offered Jeri a hand, who accepted and tried to rub the sting out of her face. "Is Veo okay?"

"She's fine, why?" Jeri explained that Veo woke up screaming last night and ran out.

"Well," Adran looked over at Veo and Emil, "She seems to have calmed down." Jeri gave a sigh of relief.

"I thought she was mad."

"Why would she be mad?"

"I... I threw Asta..." Jerry looked at the floor.

Jeri crossed her arm over her stomach and looked away.

"Well, tell him you're sorry when you get the chance," Adran pushed past her into the room, reaching into the bag and pulling out a pot and pan, banging them together to wake everyone up. "Morning!"

There was a loud thump as Emfa almost hit the ceiling and then slammed back down to earth, fortunately not on the couch.

Erina flailed a bit, her legs kicking out everywhere, before she jumped up and looked around. Asta looked ready to right for a moment before relaxing as he saw it was just Adran. Shuffle saw him get the pans out, so she just put her ears back. Emil flinched outside the room, glancing around as he woke back up.

Joanne just sat up and looked at Adran like the idiot he was. Beri did hit the ceiling, clinging to it with his claws before he lost his grip and fell down on top of Veo's bed.

"Morning!", Adran called again, putting the pans away, "We've gotta get moving, guys."

"That was rude, warlock." Joanne shook her head and started putting her armor on.

"You're making breakfast," Veo muttered as she untangled herself from Emil.

Emil let her go before he stretched and got up.

Shuffle whined. "I don't want to get up though..."

Fia nodded agreement. "It's so soft here..."

"That's the point of a bed," Adran replied, "But we've got stuff to do, so we gotta start packing up to move on."

Jeri squeezed past Adran and found Asta, kneeling down in front of him. "I'm sorry I threw you," she said while looking at the ground.

Shuffle whined again.

Asta looked up at Jeri for a moment before he nodded. "It's fine. I wasn't harmed, so it can be forgiven."

"Come on," Adran booped Shuffle and folded up the empty bed next to her.

Jeri nodded and awkwardly reached out to give the chimera a hug

Shuffle groaned and sat up, prompting Fia to get up as well. She stretched her arms before looking around for the elemental.

Somehow while the two were asleep, the little larvis had climbed inside Shuffle's shirt and nestled itself in Shuffle's bust, enjoying the heat of the critter's body.

Emfa and Joanne helped with the putting away of furniture, refilling the deck to full once everything, including the table, was put away, and Adran started distributing fruit and cheese for breakfast, briefly warmed over either Adran's magic fire or Fia if there were complaints.

It took Shuffle a few moments to notice something in her clothes. She didn't see anything wrong with it staying there, so she just let it, carrying on as normal.

Erina spoke up as she settled down to eat. "That bed was soft, but it is a bit odd for me figuring out how I'm suppose to settle onto it."

"Huh, well that bed was designed for humanoids, I can't imagine your abdomen would have agreed with your spine being bent to the side like that, you feeling okay?"

Reina nodded. “A little stiff, admittedly, but I’m fine. Maybe next time I’ll try laying on my back.”

"Yeah," Adran nodded, "Maybe a hammock would be better? Closer to a web?"

"The furniture is put away," Joanne stuck the box in Adran's hand and moved on to put her armor on.

“Maybe. I would just make a web when we stop, but that would be a lot of work to only use it once.”

"Maybe not? Why not weave it once like a net, and then stick it where you want it when we settle down for the night? And then come morning, you can remove it and wrap it up."

Last edited:
“Maybe. In that case, I may just be able to use the net to sleep.” She paused for a moment. “Ah, Jerry was going to show me how to carry my stuff better, wasn’t she?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back