• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Curse of Strahd - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hahaha! It's more like a spiritual companion/avatar, you summon it and it appears out of nowhere.
Yeah but that’s not how even the one you sent me works. You like summon it and it’s sticks with you. It’s like a 10 minute ritual and then it hangs out with you. You can’t call it to you until 7th level.

Or am I totally missing something?

Also, I think we say commanding it takes your bonus action and that never changes. And it uses your reaction if it can take a reaction.

Last edited:
Yeah but that’s not how even the one you sent me works. You like summon it and it’s sticks with you. It’s like a 10 minute ritual and then it hangs out with you. You can’t call it to you until 7th level.

Also, I think we say command it takes your bonus action and that never changes. And it uses your reaction if it can take a reaction.

I live under the impression that summoning it is an action, not a ritual, but maybe I think so because I have not started at such a low level when I had this in the past. Let's just read it again.

Also, I think we say commanding it takes your bonus action and that never changes. And it uses your reaction if it can take a reaction.

I've read it again and can now see where the difference in interpretation comes from.
It specifically states "If your avatar is slain, you can manifest a new one as a 10 minute ritual after a long rest", so I interpret that not as every time, but "in case it has died before", otherwise I understood it as being readily available, only instead of taking it out of a backpack, you summon it into physical form.
I realize now it does get somewhat confusing at level 7, but I understood that "call" there basically means teleport, because the paragraph speaks of teleportation further on. (Meaning, you are fighting a wolf and your animal is scouting the terrain several miles away, you can teleport it to wherever you are.)
Maybe you look at it now and see if you think I'm making sense?

That’s fine. Call it an action to call it forward. You command it with your bonus action on your turn. And if it gets a reaction, it uses yours. All that should make it fit the actual class as written too.

So, you can call it and command it in the same turn, but doesn’t allow YOU to do any action yourself.

Good?

I like that too because it’s only the first round of combat you can’t do anything other than call it. It can still attack and stuff. Second round you can do stuff and so can it.

Oh shit. Forgive me for being late, but it occurs that in the pfd, where I had beautifully written out all my avatar's abilities, it ends after two lines, and the attacks and all have disappeared. I had not anticipated this! And must do it again, apparently.

Oh shit. Forgive me for being late, but it occurs that in the pfd, where I had beautifully written out all my avatar's abilities, it ends after two lines, and the attacks and all have disappeared. I had not anticipated this! And must do it again, apparently.
No way! Ugh, I’m sorry. Take your time.

No way! Ugh, I’m sorry. Take your time.
I think it doesn't save because it's too much for the window I put it in.
So I made a word file, but it won't let me upload it here in attachments for some obscure reason. I'm gonna share it here, please if you wanna keep it, just copy it out. The snake is based on the normal giant snake and modified according to the eidolist specs.

AC 16
HP 16
speed 30 ft, swim 30 ft
+ 2 to
attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws and skills it‘s profficient in
uses Setesh‘s spell save for any abilities that requite a saving throw

str +0
dex +4
con +1
int -4
wis +0
char -4

skills: perception +2
Senses:
Blindsight 10 ft
Passive perception 12

ATTACK:
Bite: Melee, + 6 to hit, reach 10 ft, one target
1d4+4 piercing damage
target – DC 11 constitution saving throw
3d6 poison damage/failed save, half/succesful save
SPECIAL:
Scent: Detects enemies within 30 feet based on smell, can tell exact location if within 5ft
Advantage on checks made to track a creature by smell
INNATE SPELLCASTING: 1x per day each
Thaumaturgy
Cure wounds
Conjure construct

I think it doesn't save because it's too much for the window I put it in.
So I made a word file, but it won't let me upload it here in attachments for some obscure reason. I'm gonna share it here, please if you wanna keep it, just copy it out. The snake is based on the normal giant snake and modified according to the eidolist specs.

AC 16
HP 16
speed 30 ft, swim 30 ft
+ 2 to
attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws and skills it‘s profficient in
uses Setesh‘s spell save for any abilities that requite a saving throw

str +0
dex +4
con +1
int -4
wis +0
char -4

skills: perception +2
Senses:
Blindsight 10 ft
Passive perception 12

ATTACK:
Bite: Melee, + 6 to hit, reach 10 ft, one target
1d4+4 piercing damage
target – DC 11 constitution saving throw
3d6 poison damage/failed save, half/succesful save
SPECIAL:
Scent: Detects enemies within 30 feet based on smell, can tell exact location if within 5ft
Advantage on checks made to track a creature by smell
INNATE SPELLCASTING: 1x per day each
Thaumaturgy
Cure wounds
Conjure construct
I added him to your character post in the characters thread. I got some of the bolds you had.

MechanicalSnake MechanicalSnake no worries on the rolling. So, it’s an attack roll and then save vs poison? What’s the total attack roll? I just see that first 8.
The First roll in my original post was to hit
And then came damage. First was piercing And second damage wa poison, with a 11 constitution save. You have to treat them separately cause theyre different kinds od damage And only the poison one gets halved on a succesful save, the other gets through whole in any case.

Here, if you dont see them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200401_021720.jpg
    Screenshot_20200401_021720.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20200401_021701.jpg
    Screenshot_20200401_021701.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 3
You can tell I'm rusty. It's been awhile and I forgot I used to do a it little different. Let's try this since it's such an early fight. I'm going to switch it up:

I'm going to group initiative up to when the enemy get their attacks. Actions posted will happen in initiative order. Basically, just follow along and take your turn when I give you the go. Editing my post.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai So we're still going down in the posted order? Sorry, I'm not sure what's changed...
For your part, take your turns all at the same time when I tell you. Like you can post right now along with everyone else before the wolves. It'll just make it go faster so we're not waiting during everyone's turn.

I'll just going to mentally order your actions in initiative order when there is a conflict of action.

I hope that makes sense.

To be clearer, let me try this. X, Y, and Z are fighting with the enemy. Here is their initiative order:

Initiative:
X
Y
Z
Enemy

Old way:
Me: Okay, X, take your turn!
X: I kill it!
Me: Good job X! Okay, Y you're up!
Y: I kill it, too!
Me: Nice work, Y!

New way:
Me: Okay X, Y, and Z, all of you take your turns!
X: I kill it!
Y: I kill it!
Z: I kill it!
Me: X, you do nice damage. Then Y comes in and damages it more! Finally Z streaks in and kills it! Nice work guys.

Make more sense?

... ugh, my prepared post didn't save as a draft; it's only on my home computer. I'll just rewrite it. 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back