• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Curse Of Strahd - IC (Closed)

Blu3

Real life has no appeal
Sunstone Sunstone Tarax Tarax Cheesemick Cheesemick Naxtaroth Naxtaroth TwistedTruth TwistedTruth ShadowedNexus ShadowedNexus

To a party of seasoned adventurers as yourselves, what you see is but another dull tavern in another dull town of what you think is Waterdeep. It is another span of time between the challenges of adventuring.
Outside the tavern, a fog lies over the town this evening. The damp, cobbled pavement glistens as the lights of the street lanterns dance around the slick stones. The fog chills the bones of anyone outside.
Yet inside these taverns walls the food is hearty, and the ale is warm and frothy. The fire blazes in the hearth, and the tavern is alive. You're here on a job.

Suddenly, the tavern door swings open, and a hushed tone goes over the tavern. A form strides through the doorway. His heavy, booted footfalls and the jingles of his coin breaks the silence. Without hesitation, he walks to your table.
In an accented voice he says, "I have been sent to deliver this message. If you be the creature of honor, you will come to my master's aid." He pulls from his tunic a sealed letter, addressed to you all in beautiful flowing script. "Take the west road from here some five hours march down through the Svalich Woods. There you will find my master in Barovia." He throws the letter and a coin pouch (75 gold. Split it how you will) and leaves.
The letter reads:
Hail to thee of might and valor, I, a lowly servant of Barovia, send honor to thee. We plead for thy to desperately needed assistance.

The love of my life, Ireena Kolyana, has been afflicted by an evil so deadly that even the good people of our village cannot protect her. She languishes from her wound, and I would have her saved from this menace. There is much wealth in this community. I offer all that might be had to thee and thy fellows if thou shalt but answer my desperate plea. Come quickly, for her time is at hand! All that I have is thine!

~Kolyan Indirovich Burgomaster

You all agree to this and walk the 'Svalich Woods'. The mist almost totally covers you and you end up somewhere different. The tree and the scenery looks totally different.

(This took forever to write. Also, the Letter was cursive in the book so something may be wrong. Idk :P )

Edit: Also Dice room. Roll here now :P https://rolz.org/dr?room=Curse Of Strahd (RpN)

Last edited:
Nor'Kadan stuck to the back of the group, keeping an eye on everyone around him. While they chatted amongst themselves, he simply walked behind, silent. He was already reluctant about working with these people, so he wasn't about to take the lead. He had kindly refused any of the gold that had come with the letter they had received at the tavern. He traveled with the necessities and nothing more. After all, money wasn't going to save you from a hungry owlbear.

His eyes narrowed as he noticed the change in scenery. The trees were much different than the ones they had first encountered. Perhaps he should have taken the lead after all. It seemed that no one here was a navigational expert by any means. I mean, how was it possible to be lost already? His attention turned from the group to the area around them as he scanned the underbrush, looking for anything out of place.

Edwin stepped forward when the stranger offered the letter and read it aloud to the others. Afterwards Edwin declined his share of the forward payment and left the rest of the party to decide as they would. He was in no need of money, and to accept payment from a job such as this would be abhorrent to the vows of his order. His motivation was the evil mentioned in the letter. He would seek out and destroy the evil if necessary.

When they entered the Svalich woods Edwin could feel a sense of foreboding danger and tightly gripped the sword at his side. His senses were proven right as he and the party were swallowed up by the mist. Edwin could hear the whispers of his demon become stronger as the mist grew thicker, urging him to darker deeds. Yet with the mists fading, they too faded away till they were indiscernible. When the mist finally cleared and the change in scenery was revealed, Edwin reacted by slowly drawing his sword and remaining on alert in case anything else were to happen.

Jurel had taking a claim of 18 gold from the bounty of 75. this left 57 gold for the others if they wanted it. He wasn't unreasonable and he certainly wasn't picking up anyone else's weight so he had only taken his due. He wasn't the most battle worn druid but he had been in his fare share of scuffles over the years and was experienced enough to join a party. that's what mattered.

Jurel was clad in a humble tan cloak his hood done up to keep the fog off his skin. He despised the dampness of fog and the way it made you sweat even when it was cold. He much preferred the climate of the eastern plateaus, alas he couldn't afford such comfort. His duties as a Druid had brought him to this party and he would stick with it until there was nothing more of this regions earth craft for him to learn. As they passed through the fog there was a noticeable difference in their surroundings. Though due to the slight fog his field of vision still wasn't clear. He picked up a near bye stick slightly wet with mildew and without a second thought used the Druid craft Cantrip, lighting the sticks tip instantly with guaranteed success. Now armed with a torch Jurel pushed his way towards the front of the group to lead.

FOV: (in fog) ?
FOV: (With Torch) ?

As Jurel lights the torch the fog around them quickly subsides. The group continues to walk for another five or some minutes until seeing a gargantuan gate up ahead. The fog quickly returns and cover the path behind them. Now ahead, jutting from the impenetrable woods on both sides of the road, are high stone buttresses looming in the gray fog. Huge iron gate hangs on the stonework. Dew clings with cold intensity to the rusted bars. Two headless statues of armed guardians flank the gate, their heads now lying at their feet. They greet you with only silence.
As you approach the gates, the gates suddenly open just enough for you to enter. As you walk past the gates they swing to a close. As you walk Nor'Kaden ( Naxtaroth Naxtaroth ) and Doran ( Sunstone Sunstone ) smell the scent of death. The foul scent leads you to a human corpse half-buried by underbrush. The young man appears to be a commoner. His muddy clothes are torn and raked with claw marks. The man appears to have been dead for several days. He has a crumpled letter in his hand.

(That was a lot of writing XD, but people who want to check the body can make investigation checks or if you want to find out more of the dead body you can make a medicine check.)

Upon receiving the letter, dornan let out a hardy chuckle, setting down the mug of beer he was drinking. "Sounds like a challenge, im all for it. I don't really need any gold so Let's head out to... Wherever we're going..."

When they had arrived at the forest, he noticed Jurel running ahead to lead the way. He ran up next to him and walked among the Druid, holding up his shield. "Never know what we might encounter, keep your eyes peeled. I should lead the way."

Upon seeing the the gate, along sign the statues and dead bodies, he keeps his shield in his hand, ready for any incoming attackers, and investigates the body, looking for clues about who he is, and how he died. (Rolling investigation)
Edit: 19! For those of you not in the dice room.

Last edited:
Jiro was waiting outside the tavern,if he went inside people where sure to look at him and judge him,which would make him sit in a corner. When everyone came out he followed them quietly. He walked into the forest silently walking by Edwin he spoke to him ''Hey.....'' Turning to Edwin Jiro looked as gloomy as ever ''What happened in there?'' He said as quietly as he could.

ShadowedNexus ShadowedNexus

Nor'Kadan sniffed, the familiar scent of a rotting corpse reaching him. Upon seeing the body he simply shook his head, leaning up against a nearby tree while his companions searched the corpse.. "We should keep moving, lest we befall the same fate as that one." These were some of the only words he'd spoken this journey, the voice deep and resonating on the trees around them.

He drew a javelin out with his dominant throwing hand, a spear readied in the other. He kept alert to the trees around them, looking out for any unnatural movements. A few shapes caught his attention in his peripheral and he turned his head, javelin at the ready. "Be on your guard. There's something out there."

Last edited:
Out of nowhere One Dire Wolf and three regular wolves rush out heading back for their kill. Now they see their new victims. Luckily Nor'Kaden spots them so the group isn't surprised. The dire wolf howls and then charges at Doran.

I would like for everyone to roll Initiative, please.

Naxtaroth Naxtaroth Sunstone Sunstone Cheesemick Cheesemick Tarax Tarax (If you're still around) TwistedTruth TwistedTruth ShadowedNexus ShadowedNexus

(I know this is out of nowhere XD)

Dire Wolf's Turn.

The Dire wolf howls once more than charges at Doran using 15 ft. of its movement and bite's at him.
18+5=23. If that hit's you will take 14 piercing damage. Sunstone Sunstone I need you to make a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.

Cheesemick Cheesemick you're next.

Blu3 Blu3 Alright. Jiro is going to see the Dire wolf come and attack Doran. Hes going to put up his right hand,getting the Dire Wolf in his line of sight,starting to wrap red rope around his right hand stretched out muttering something in abyssal casting scared flame cantrip on the Dire Wolf. It has to make a dexterity saving throw.

He then keeps the Dire Wolf in his line of site still muttering words as he conjures a spiritual weapon next to the Dire Wolf. Bouns action.

My spell save DC is 12.

Last edited:
Nor'kadan ran toward the tree to his left, sheathing the spear while doing so, javelin still in hand. (10 ft of normal movement). He extended his arms upward, using his feline traits to scale it (10 ft. Climb) before running along the side of the tree (last 20 feet of climbing movement). Seeing his target down below, one hand anchored on the tree, he throws the javelin down at one of the beasts (wolf 3), the sharp end sinking into the creature's flesh as it hits its mark. He scans the battlefield below him, planning his next move as the battle continues on beneath him.

(movement is coming from 30 base, with a tabaxi climb speed of 20, unarmored movement from monk adds an additional 10 to each of those, resulting in a 40 foot movement speed, 30 of which can be climbing.)

Last edited:
TwistedTruth TwistedTruth (I hope this is okay!)

Jurel casts detect magic on the wolves to see if there controlled and finds that these wolves are no ordinary wolves. They seem to have magic around them like there controlled. I also guess he will move a bit out of the wolves range (just so he doesn't get attacked).

Wolves Turn:

Wolf #3 runs after the cat man and attempts to climb the tree. NAT 1. He climbs up the ten feet but falls taking 5 fall damage and dies.
Wolf #2 runs up to Doran and bites at him. Rolls a 10. Misses.
Wolf #1 runs up to Doran and bites at him. Rolls a 21. 5 damage. Sunstone Sunstone Pleae make a DC 11 STRENGTH SAVING THROW.

ShadowedNexus ShadowedNexus You're up!

Edwin quickly interposed himself in front of the wolf nearest to Nor'kadan, attempting to draw it's attention. Quickly Edwin turned toward the Direwolf and raised his shield so that the front would face towards it. While doing so he channeled his inner fury throwing an immense aura of malice towards the Direwolf, Edwin projected the very image of its greatest fears upon himself. The Direwolf cowered at Edwin, giving in to its fears.
(Frightened: Disadvantage on Ability Checks and Attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight. The creature can’t willingly move closer to the source of its fear.)​

Dornan throws down a bag of caltrops, (4 damage to each wolf that steps on them) and then strikes at the wolf with his shortsword for... (15) to hit. And (3) damage. As the wolf runs from him, he strikes the back end of it with his sword, this time with incredible power. (11 damage)

Last edited:
Dire Wolf:
The Dire Wolf starts to run and recoils from the damage. He dashes and moves 100 ft. into the forest away from them. End of Turn.

Cheesemick Cheesemick You're up

Jiro watched as the Dire Wolf ran off,he felt a bit useless. He then saw Dornan get attacked and ran next to him to touched with his right right casting cure wounds on him,healing him for 9 hit points.(5+4)

His eyes now on the wolf in front of him he flicks his wrist making the spiritual weapon attack the wolf on Dornan. (3 damage)

Last edited:
Seeing the large one begin running, Nor'Kadan's hunting instincts kicked in. Harnessing the abilities of his people, he quickly slid down the trunk, using his claws to slow his descent, a trail of claw marks left along the bark. (10 ft. Climb) He then sprinted forward, practically on all fours as he pursued the beast, sliding to a halt beside it (70 feet of movement from the remaining 30+ Feline's Agility giving another 40), twirling his spear around for an attack, though the wolf ducks just underneath the blade. A slight glow comes over Nor'Kadan as he then channels his ki, dropping his spear. (spending 1 point for Flurry of blows) He slashes out with both claws, leaving large gashes across the creature's torso. He looks up at it, noting its worn down condition. "You're on your last legs, pup."

Last edited:
Jurel see's that the two wolves are still bitting at Doran and he needs to stop that. He then cast Flaming Sphere on Wolf #1 and then as a bonus action rams the sphere into Wolf #2 (I think I did that right XD). Wolf #1 does not get out of the way and takes 9 fire damage and dies and Wolf #2 gets out of the way and only takes 3 fire damage.

Wolves Turn (Just really #2)

He looks around at his dead pack members and attacks at Doran (A 8 XD) and runs. The Spiritual Weapon attacks as he runs and misses. The Caltrops pierce him a little (1 damage). He does not get stuck on the Caltrops. Luckily Doran and Edwin see him run by and strike him leaving the wolf dead.

( ShadowedNexus ShadowedNexus and Sunstone Sunstone I hope I didn't overstep my boundaries by making you guys take reactions to attack.)

Dornan spins around and makes a peace sign like Mario does at the end of each level holds up his small gnome hand in front of Edwin, signaling for him to give him a high-five. "Well, now that that's over with... Where do we go next?" He says to the group, "I feel like having a little rest would be nice. That wolf really did a number to me, even though Jiro healed me, I'm sure it'd be good for all of us to get a little bit of rest, eh?"

Jurel used 2/5 of his spell points in the fight and decided it was a good idea to rest up. At the same time as a druid he would have to tend towards the wolves bodys. Natures cycle was disturbed by killing local predators. He gathered some nearbye twigs and cast Druid raft cantrip as small green pollen like spores left his skin and attached to the twigs he had gathered. "Anyone got a knife or is anyone good with leather work? We could use the wolves meet for a quick meal. If anyones gear got cut or broke I can mend them pretty easily." Jurel licked his lips after his little speach and the pollen on the twigs started to burn slowly. "And we're gonna need more wood if anyone wouldn't mind cutting some."

Once the battle ended and everything had settled, Edwin began to clean off his blade before sheathing it in its scabbard. When Dorman held his palm up, the gesture confused Edwin and so he ignored it for now. He looked at the others and said, "I wouldn't drop your guard so easily yet. Those wolves might just be a taste of what is to come. I say we look out for any other possible threats, who knows there might have been a couple scavengers trailing those wolves."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back