Other Currently reading?

KokichiLove

This World Is Mine!
I’m not a big reader. It is hard for me to find a book or series that keeps my interest. Right now I am reading a book called “hush, hush” by Becca Fitzpatrick. I literally just started it. Like, just finished chapter 2 started. A girl at the local library recommended it to me because I told her I like supernatural fantasy-horror and stuff like that, though I’m not sure how much horror is in it. From what I know it’s a romance between a girl and a fallen angel. Normally I’m not big on romance but I’ve heard this one is far from cliche so I should enjoy it

Attempting to, trying, The Sight David Clement-Davies. I started reading it because my husband recommended it and the sequel, Fell. I'll probably finish it in two years I don't read as much as I would like to anymore. I'm also trying to read The Shape of Water. I've already seen the movie so I was trying to catch up on the book but that too will take some years I just don't have time.

Laurus by Eugene Vodolazkin. It's fascinating if one is into both historical and spiritual stuff. Of course, I would not recommend it to everybody due to the heavy spiritual/religious themes present, but it's a good story and well-written.

I just finished The Dark Tower.

It might be my all time favorite series, but you need to be willing to buy in to some pretty serious magical realism.

Unfortunately I have problems with my eyes and I need to see a doctor. Every time I try to read eventually get headache. :closedeyesfrown: Apparently I need glasses.

However I'm currently trying to read "The Portrait of Dorian Grey".

Rure by Moon Da Mi Seo (fantasy-adventure manga)

I usually cycle through a couple of things based on my mood so that would be manga, webtoons, online novels and occasionally, a roleplay with an interesting premise.

Shadowscale and Tess of the Road, which are both by Rachel Hartman.

However, they’re both school library books, and since school ends in the rest of this school week and two four day weeks, I’m probably not gonna be able to finish them in time. I’ll probably have to go to the public library.

Currently I am on book four of the Witcher saga and hope to be on book five by next week.

I am also on book two of the Demon Cycle Series by Peter Brett, but I do not believe I will be finishing this one. I will finish the book but... not the series. I heavily recommend the Witcher series, however, it has not been disappointing at all thus far.

A discovery of witches by Deborah Harkness. I'm thinking it's my kind of book. It's apparently like a more mature twilight with better writing (I hated twilight's writing)

Based on the suggestions here I just go seraphina! It's related to the Tess of the road book! :)

Last edited:
A discovery of witches by Deborah Harkness. I'm thinking it's my kind of book. It's apparently like a more mature twilight with better writing (I hated twilight's writing)

Based on the suggestions here I just go seraphina! It's related to the Tess of the road book! :)

I never actually read Tess of the Road. I was planning to after I read Shadowscale (Seraphina's sequel), but there really wasn't any time in class to settle down and crack Shadowscale open, and I have some difficulty motivating myself to read at home. So I ended up just returning them both to the library after weeks of not reading them.

Also, did you know Discovery of Witches has a tv adaption or is it a whole "I'm reading the book it's based on" thing?

So I found out it was a discovery of witches was a TV show first, watched the first episode, realized I liked it and wanted to read the story before continuing to TV show any further :D

oh! Was the writing in seraphina dense?

I'm currently rereading Gena Showalter's The White Rabbit Chronicles--I'm on Book 3: The Queen of Zombie Hearts. It's kinda weird to read a book that has zombies in it, but hey, why not?

I'm also reading Inferno by Julie Kagawa, which is the last book of the Talon saga. Gotta love dragons and connections to how crappy us humans are. c:

So I found out it was a discovery of witches was a TV show first, watched the first episode, realized I liked it and wanted to read the story before continuing to TV show any further :D

oh! Was the writing in seraphina dense?

Define dense.

If you like supernatural fantastical horror, I might recommend Metro 2033. It’s primarily a post-apocalyptic horror book/series (and a few computer games), with supernatural/fantastical elements. Essentially the idea is that there was a nuclear apocalypse, but in 2033 there’s still survivors in the Moscow Metro, cut off from other pockets. The apocalypse seemed to destroy everything humans knew, and every scientific reality. Children are being raised to know the world below the ground, while the surface is inhospitable. Mutant creatures never imagined in nightmares nor biology skulk through dark tunnels looking for prey. Even stars on the Kremlin seem to have a lotus-like effect on those who venture to the surface and look at them. And no one understands the Dark Ones...where they came from, what they are...

i've been reading nonfiction lately but honestly it makes your brain feel heavy at some point (or is it just because i'm a dummy?) so right now i'm using Dark Places by Gillian Flynn to wash out my brain for a bit. next up on my list though, Through the Language Glass by Guy Deutscher.

I'm reading the Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan. It's a 14 book series and I'm on book 11, at the moment.

Also, as a strange on the side, I'm reading through the pokemon adventures manga. I'm currently on book 19. (gen 3.)

Currently reading Blood Ninja 2: Revenge of Lord Oda by Nick Lake (2nd book in the Blood Ninja series). I actually had to reread the first book because the first time I read it I didn't know it was part of a series but it was well worth it.

I'm also currently reading The Ninja by Eric Van Lustbader, which might be the longest book I've ever read. It has 442 pages, which may or may not be a lot to some of you but I'm kind of a slow reader or rather I prefer to take my time.

Currently I am on book four of the Witcher saga and hope to be on book five by next week.

I am also on book two of the Demon Cycle Series by Peter Brett, but I do not believe I will be finishing this one. I will finish the book but... not the series. I heavily recommend the Witcher series, however, it has not been disappointing at all thus far.
How is the Witcher saga? I'm thinking of checking it out. As I've mentioned a couple times on this site, now, I love all things witchy. :)

How is the Witcher saga? I'm thinking of checking it out. As I've mentioned a couple times on this site, now, I love all things witchy. :)

I absolutely love it so far! I first heard of The Witcher through the videogames, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorite Dark Fantasy series. I think it is sitting at first place atm, but part of that is because GoT has not been finished yet.

But I do recommend the Witcher Saga heavily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back