Other Currently reading?

The Fifth Agreement. If you're looking for a way to view life from a less stressful point of view, take a read. It might open your eyes to a better future. It's helped me overcome some crippling existential dread and boy does the thought of my own mortality hit really hard sometimes.

I'm currently reading the third book of the Ancient Blade series by David Chandler. He makes so many typos which is super hilarious because I wonder how much he paid his editor but the story itself is actually really good in my opinion!

What I'm reading isn't strictly a book, but a web serial written by author John C. McCrae (Penname "wildbow"). I'm in the middle of his science fantasy novel called "Twig". I also really enjoyed his fantasy horror Pact and his (relatively) famous superhero story, Worm. I'm finishing up his finished works so that I can finally move on to his current serial.

The Walking Dead novel series. It's way more metal than the show.

The Secret History of the World by Mark Booth, which I've come to find is very interesting. The beliefs that Booth writes about are intriguing to say the least.

I'm reading Water Margin by Shi Nai-An. I was excited to find a copy as it's a classic of Chinese literature but doesn't seem to be widely available in English.

The morality of this book is incomprehensible. The amount of times someone is almost turned into a human meat pie or cold-bloodedly murdered, then becomes bezzie mates with their aggressor is insane. I also don't understand why we are supposed to recognise the purveyors of human-meat pies and murderers as "heroes", unless the word is used ironically.

However it does have lots of cool fight scenes and comedic moments. It's genuinely pretty fun especially in the first half. And it's culture, innit?

I don't know if it counts because it's a manga, and also because I just (like 5 minutes ago) finished reading it, but I've been reading Bokurano and.. oof. Oooof. I thought Oyasumi Punpun's ending was depressing.

It's a story where you know every character is going to die (and that's not a spoiler, that's the premise) and it's just about as bleak as it sounds. I really enjoyed it though, as much as you can 'enjoy' it, haha

I'm currently reading Sword Art Online: Progressive, vol. 6 and listening to Rebel as an audiobook.

Last edited:
‘Birthday’ by Koji Suzuki, a collection of horror stories from the writer of the ‘Ring’ trilogy. :ghost:

I started reading "Pet Sematary". I can't say Stephen King is one of my favourite authors, but it's entertaining. I'm also having fun analysing the way he writes, because it is unconventional to say the least.

"It" by Stephen King. Three years ago I listened to the unabridged audiobook for it and I decided to finally pick up a physical copy since I loved it so much lol. Not sure if this counts as my "first reading" of it technically, since before I was listening to it, but there ya go!

I recently finished reading "This Savage Song" as an ebook. It's sorta depressing, but it has beautiful world-building.

Currently on Lightbringer #2, The Blinding Knife. I'm seriously trying to speed through Brent Weeks' Lightbringer series so I can get The burning White relatively soonish.

Just finished the Song of Fire & Ice series (for the second time). About to start meet cute by Helena hunting
Oh man, I really need to go back and read the Song of Fire & Ice series again. I started it in my teens, but never finished it back then. My pile of books to read is endless, though. XD

Just finished Pierce Brown's "Red Rising" original trilogy and now reading through "Iron Gold".
Awesome sci-fi with a large world. I cannot understand how this series isn't better known, maybe I simply missed the hype? Idk.

Too many books to count. I think I have like, 15 books on my to-read list on Goodreads. And that doesn't even include the several dozen ebooks on my kindle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back