• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Culling the Herds [P]

"I don't look the part but I've got a pretty good physique...", he complained with a chuckle at her comment on him being skinny, but didn't put up any resistance when she pulled the mug away. "Aye aye, I thought you wanted to drink so I proposed it.", he gave a few nods, letting out a refreshed sigh and slumping back on his chair for a quick moment.

"... I'm not big on drinking, but it's... kinda fun on occasion like this.", Oliver muttered, although he were a bit uncertain whether she'd hear it or not. Regardless, he pushed himself off the back of the chair and got to scarfing down the rest of the second soup, without any hint of being full yet. If he wanted to, he could quit hunting at any day and start up shop as a human vacuum for food, but he appreciated keeping his budget low on spending unnecessarily... usually.

"Mm... I told you about me and Spike.", he said and with a sigh, he patted his stomach. "Oh man... Tell me a bit about you too, Lilly. I don't know anything about where you've been. Or how you... y'know, got here.", the swordsman finally decided to see if he could learn anything on her this time around, thinking it was probably about time he returned the interest she'd shown multiple times so far.

"I don't look the part but I've got a pretty good physique...", he complained with a chuckle at her comment on him being skinny, but didn't put up any resistance when she pulled the mug away. "Aye aye, I thought you wanted to drink so I proposed it.", he gave a few nods, letting out a refreshed sigh and slumping back on his chair for a quick moment.

"... I'm not big on drinking, but it's... kinda fun on occasion like this.", Oliver muttered, although he were a bit uncertain whether she'd hear it or not. Regardless, he pushed himself off the back of the chair and got to scarfing down the rest of the second soup, without any hint of being full yet. If he wanted to, he could quit hunting at any day and start up shop as a human vacuum for food, but he appreciated keeping his budget low on spending unnecessarily... usually.

"Mm... I told you about me and Spike.", he said and with a sigh, he patted his stomach. "Oh man... Tell me a bit about you too, Lilly. I don't know anything about where you've been. Or how you... y'know, got here.", the swordsman finally decided to see if he could learn anything on her this time around, thinking it was probably about time he returned the interest she'd shown multiple times so far.

She rolls her eyes at his comment on drinking then chuckled ordering another Mead for herself as she wasn't yet tipsy and hoping to at least get there today.

"I don't need you blacking out on me by your third drink Ollie... I just want to make sure I'm not making you feel like you have to get drunk... Of course if you want to that's your call. But I don't want to have to lug your hammered Ass home... That would probably hurt me right now"

She gestures to her now covered wound knowing he would understand her reference before smiling a bit warmly at hearing him ask about her. She had lived and learned so much in her years growing up, where could she even begin. She huffs softly sipping from her mug before nodding

"After Baba moved us from the village I begged him to teach me how to hunt... Learn his trade and perhaps follow in his footsteps which I did for some time...."

She gently looks at her arm, looking around slowly as though insecure before continuing.

"When I was Thirteen Baba and I were training when our cabin was attacked by a beast... That same monster that we..."

She paused for a moment as her face pales slightly, quickly drowning her nerves with alcohol as she was beginning to become more relaxed from the warm drink. Bringing a hand to her forehead as she continues

"That... Monster was attacking Mama when we got home, so I got in between her and it, the brute then proceeded to eat me alive. If Baba hadn't pulled what was left of me away from it he would have lost both of us. We... We only managed to escape because it was feasting on..."

She quickly chugged the rest of her mug trying to escape the memories, calling for a refill as she closed her eyes resting her head in her hands.

"I... I think I've changed my mind... I'm getting drunk."

She chuckled softly to herself

That was one way for Oliver to, even when tipsy, instantly regret having asked about her past. Maybe it'd be better if he changed the topic to something lighter... then again, if that's the first thing that came to Lilly's mind, he could only imagine that's not the worst of it. Hopefully, he was wrong. "H-Hey, it's... You don't have to talk about that.", he tried to stop her from making it any more painful, but it seemed like she got to him first.

He looked at his left arm quickly and tried moving it around, sighing and then looking back at her. It looked as though he'd probably have to carry her around again, except this time without her life at stake. He could work with that. "Aye... How about your training, your... I thought you didn't like daggers and knives? I always sucked at throwing or using them, they're too short.", Ollie huffed and remembered all the times the two were training, and he'd characteristically throw the wooden knives they played with anywhere but dead-on at the target. He'd even knocked down some insect nest at some point, and... well, a chase surely ensued after.

Come think of it, he hadn't processed how potentially funny it'd be now if the two tried to hold a conversation with one of them drunk. With the amount of jokes and smug comments being flung around when she were sober, one could only guess. "Oh, and you said uh... Y-You blinded monsters usually, right? Flashrooms? Or just go straight for the eyes?", he thought to ask on one thing that did somewhat put him off earlier, knowing fully well she was a skilled alchemist. Even he could probably make some pods out of them to temporarily stun his prey, but he found it a bit too violent... and expensive.

That was one way for Oliver to, even when tipsy, instantly regret having asked about her past. Maybe it'd be better if he changed the topic to something lighter... then again, if that's the first thing that came to Lilly's mind, he could only imagine that's not the worst of it. Hopefully, he was wrong. "H-Hey, it's... You don't have to talk about that.", he tried to stop her from making it any more painful, but it seemed like she got to him first.

He looked at his left arm quickly and tried moving it around, sighing and then looking back at her. It looked as though he'd probably have to carry her around again, except this time without her life at stake. He could work with that. "Aye... How about your training, your... I thought you didn't like daggers and knives? I always sucked at throwing or using them, they're too short.", Ollie huffed and remembered all the times the two were training, and he'd characteristically throw the wooden knives they played with anywhere but dead-on at the target. He'd even knocked down some insect nest at some point, and... well, a chase surely ensued after.

Come think of it, he hadn't processed how potentially funny it'd be now if the two tried to hold a conversation with one of them drunk. With the amount of jokes and smug comments being flung around when she were sober, one could only guess. "Oh, and you said uh... Y-You blinded monsters usually, right? Flashrooms? Or just go straight for the eyes?", he thought to ask on one thing that did somewhat put him off earlier, knowing fully well she was a skilled alchemist. Even he could probably make some pods out of them to temporarily stun his prey, but he found it a bit too violent... and expensive.

Starting to lose her own sobriety Lillian moves hair from her face taking deep breaths as he asked her more questions.

"I was learning with a bow at first... Then I realized... You need two arms for a bow and for years I didn't have this cool Gadget"

Tapping the arm gently before continuing.

"I worked so hard as an alchemist until I finally could afford to buy it a few years ago. Then I closed up my sho- Shop. And started using Daggers to hunt. I figured having two blades was better than one"

Another swigg and she offered the man a playful smile blinking at his question about the eyes and how she blinds creatures

"All I have to do is s...show them my naked arm. do you wanna see it? My naked half arm? It's got the best scar I think."

She was already starting to unstrap the device from her stubby arm but continues to talk

"I throw knives at their eyes silly... I have to save my materials for healing remedies.. ahnnnd poison to burn the mouth and nosies of beasts if I'm surrounded"

She said getting a little louder which she didn't even seem to realize.

What she was saying made perfect sense, yet the thought had never crossed his mind before. He thought her parents might have known some engineer that'd help out, but... It looked like she went about it the hard way. Not everybody could have it easy like he, comparatively, did. "Y-Your-?", he stammered a bit, but thought not to stop her. If she were as insecure about it as she seemed to be earlier, it would be for the best to show her he didn't have any issue with it.

On the comment about the knives though, he just gave an awkward laugh. "How many knives do you even keep on you at this point? You'll need a few for that, won't you?", Oliver rubbed the back of his neck as he waited for an answer, figuring she was down two after their hunt together. She never took the effort to retrieve them from the beast, after all. He didn't say anything on the comment about the poison though. The only thing he could think of was "You really don't like them at all, huh?", but... it was about now the device was coming off. "... Why would she? They took her mother and her hand."

It felt less like a choice Lilly had made, to become a hunter, and more like an obligation after what she must have gone through trying to cope with the loss. And although he didn't like the idea of hunting monsters just to enact revenge on them, he was the soft one here. It wasn't just Lilly, many members of the guild had gotten themselves or their family members killed by even less dangerous beasts than that, he was just the odd one out... thankfully. "Be slow about it, don't hurt yourself, okay?", he brought his head back to reality, as he saw her start taking the prosthetic off.

What she was saying made perfect sense, yet the thought had never crossed his mind before. He thought her parents might have known some engineer that'd help out, but... It looked like she went about it the hard way. Not everybody could have it easy like he, comparatively, did. "Y-Your-?", he stammered a bit, but thought not to stop her. If she were as insecure about it as she seemed to be earlier, it would be for the best to show her he didn't have any issue with it.

On the comment about the knives though, he just gave an awkward laugh. "How many knives do you even keep on you at this point? You'll need a few for that, won't you?", Oliver rubbed the back of his neck as he waited for an answer, figuring she was down two after their hunt together. She never took the effort to retrieve them from the beast, after all. He didn't say anything on the comment about the poison though. The only thing he could think of was "You really don't like them at all, huh?", but... it was about now the device was coming off. "... Why would she? They took her mother and her hand."

It felt less like a choice Lilly had made, to become a hunter, and more like an obligation after what she must have gone through trying to cope with the loss. And although he didn't like the idea of hunting monsters just to enact revenge on them, he was the soft one here. It wasn't just Lilly, many members of the guild had gotten themselves or their family members killed by even less dangerous beasts than that, he was just the odd one out... thankfully. "Be slow about it, don't hurt yourself, okay?", he brought his head back to reality, as he saw her start taking the prosthetic off.

Lillian showed him her knife belt under her cloak, the small blades lining her waist and crossing a strap over her breast. As she then resumes removing the prosthetic.

"My belts hold up to Fifty knives... I have them made at the Smith when I'm unable to retrieve them"

She sets the mechanical arm down, showing off the missing arm to Oliver. It was marked with mauling and had been chewed off at her elbow. Swaying a bit she takes more of her drink, finishing the cup as she looks into the cup disappointed

"Empty.... How didish happen?"

She sighs looking around for the bar tender then pausing as she looks at Oliver blinking a bit to him before looking him over. Slowly bopping his nose with her stump seemingly having lost all fear of hiding the handicap at this point.

"You know what Ollie... Y...you grew up... That's weird."

"H-Holy shit, fifty is a lot.", he commented mentally, his eyes widening a bit before he was struck back to reality by her prosthetic getting pulled off and placed on the table before his eyes. It felt uncanny, seeing how naturally it moved on her, and there it was... It seemed 'ugly' enough to more than make up for the trauma. The amount of pain and fear she must have felt at that moment... Oliver shivered at the thought.

If he was tipsy before, the boop with her stubby arm was enough to make it instantly go away. He laughed somewhat awkwardly, taking her mug and pulling it closer to himself. "C'mon, you're getting drunk. Real fast.", he tried to stop her from getting any worse, realising she couldn't be too many mugs away from throwing up pretty nicely.

"It's even weirder you grew up and also didn't.", he said with an affectionate chuckle and rubbed her severed arm near the shoulder from over the table, before seating himself down again. "Do you drink often?", Oliver tried to keep the conversation going, his eyes switching between hers and her arm as he did his best to get used to the sight. That was part of her, after all.

"H-Holy shit, fifty is a lot.", he commented mentally, his eyes widening a bit before he was struck back to reality by her prosthetic getting pulled off and placed on the table before his eyes. It felt uncanny, seeing how naturally it moved on her, and there it was... It seemed 'ugly' enough to more than make up for the trauma. The amount of pain and fear she must have felt at that moment... Oliver shivered at the thought.

If he was tipsy before, the boop with her stubby arm was enough to make it instantly go away. He laughed somewhat awkwardly, taking her mug and pulling it closer to himself. "C'mon, you're getting drunk. Real fast.", he tried to stop her from getting any worse, realising she couldn't be too many mugs away from throwing up pretty nicely.

"It's even weirder you grew up and also didn't.", he said with an affectionate chuckle and rubbed her severed arm near the shoulder from over the table, before seating himself down again. "Do you drink often?", Oliver tried to keep the conversation going, his eyes switching between hers and her arm as he did his best to get used to the sight. That was part of her, after all.

As he moves the mug away from her she squeaked with protest, reaching for the mug but then simply allowing him to take it from her as she nods seemingly realizing he was right to remove the drink from her as she looks into his eyes blinking slowly at him before blushing and chuckling to herself holding onto the table to stabilize herself while looking away

"I... Only drink when... When I think about Mama. Or to celebrate a real good hunt. The monster we saw... I... It's the same one... What if it wants to eat the rest of me?"

Her eyes becoming concerned at the thought before she grabs onto the man's hand tightly

"Oliver I'm... We ha...have to..."

She paused having a hiccup interrupt her words before continuing

"What was wrong with it? The monster?"

Oliver felt almost as though something was stuck in his throat with that. What could he say now? With how hard it was to dance around the topic, maybe it'd be better to just take it head on. One more time, he'd try his best. He squeezed her hand in his, frowning and looking at her quietly. "... Headquarters said it's a variant of Skolvers. Dire Skolvers. It's like a pack leader, except... They're incredibly violent from what they've seen. There's been a few encounters, but only one hunter ever reported about the beast after surviving."

He'd already pieced together that that one hunter, was probably her father or Lilly herself. "Dire Skolvers might also kill their own packs, judging by how it immediately started eating the other one we'd taken down less than a minute before. Just like normal Skolvers, they can smell blood from afar, and are gluttons... We were the scouting team to see if the Dire Skolver was actually still alive.", he continued explaining and looked down at the table, having shouted his lungs out at the head ups for using them blatantly like that instead of filling them in beforehand.

"... The place we found it... that part of the forest has been shut off. We're expected to train and kill it when we can, although that will be a while.", Oliver finished his explanation, having completely forgotten she was drunk and might as well remember none of this. It felt like a heavy weight had just been lifted off his shoulders though, not having to just keep that secret to himself after the first encounter almost got them killed because they didn't have their guard up. "Chances are, it probably shouldn't even have existed. It's just... mutated. Somehow. And it's a danger to everything, humans, animals and other monsters alike."

Oliver felt almost as though something was stuck in his throat with that. What could he say now? With how hard it was to dance around the topic, maybe it'd be better to just take it head on. One more time, he'd try his best. He squeezed her hand in his, frowning and looking at her quietly. "... Headquarters said it's a variant of Skolvers. Dire Skolvers. It's like a pack leader, except... They're incredibly violent from what they've seen. There's been a few encounters, but only one hunter ever reported about the beast after surviving."

He'd already pieced together that that one hunter, was probably her father or Lilly herself. "Dire Skolvers might also kill their own packs, judging by how it immediately started eating the other one we'd taken down less than a minute before. Just like normal Skolvers, they can smell blood from afar, and are gluttons... We were the scouting team to see if the Dire Skolver was actually still alive.", he continued explaining and looked down at the table, having shouted his lungs out at the head ups for using them blatantly like that instead of filling them in beforehand.

"... The place we found it... that part of the forest has been shut off. We're expected to train and kill it when we can, although that will be a while.", Oliver finished his explanation, having completely forgotten she was drunk and might as well remember none of this. It felt like a heavy weight had just been lifted off his shoulders though, not having to just keep that secret to himself after the first encounter almost got them killed because they didn't have their guard up. "Chances are, it probably shouldn't even have existed. It's just... mutated. Somehow. And it's a danger to everything, humans, animals and other monsters alike."

As he speaks of the strange beast the woman starts to put her prosthetic back on, she wasn't very drunk but enough to make the task a bit harder for her as she sighs with frustration. Wrapping up the top of her arm and where the prosthetic attached to her to secure it before the hand twitches quickly getting a reading from the nerve endings, her fingers opening and closing slowly at the calibration.

"T...then tomorrow we train and kill the thing"

She nods looking at him seriously a moment before finding herself staring at him and smiling a bit.vshr rubs her fore head chuckling to herself softly as she swayed.

"I'm feeling really good right now though... Ya know, I bet we could kill it better drunk"

It would really be nice, if they could just train for a day or two and be ready to go back and kill the Dire Skolver. It'd probably be very freeing for Lilly, but... yesterday, it didn't leave the impression that they were just a day's training away from closing the gap between their strength and its own. "Let's... be more careful, take it slower. There's a few requests that have been piling up for the other areas. Let's use them as practice, yeah?", he tried to slow her down a bit, before she started speaking out of drunkness again.

With a chuckle, he nodded and looked at his own mug. "There's a guy in the guild... Real zany, but he fights monsters mostly drunk. Cool dude. You two buddies?", he joked and raised a hand to grab the attention of the waitress, getting a refill of ale. It might be for the better if the both of them were tipsy, or even a bit drunk. Just kicking back, and unwinding for a little while like this wouldn't hurt every now and then. And as soon as it was refilled, he raised it into the air and gave her a small grin. "Cheers~.", he sung and downed another swig, placing the half empty mug on the table and resting his head on one of his hands as he looked at her. "... I'm glad we met again, Lilly.", he admitted and gave her a smile, his cheeks somewhat red either from the blushing, or the drinking.

It would really be nice, if they could just train for a day or two and be ready to go back and kill the Dire Skolver. It'd probably be very freeing for Lilly, but... yesterday, it didn't leave the impression that they were just a day's training away from closing the gap between their strength and its own. "Let's... be more careful, take it slower. There's a few requests that have been piling up for the other areas. Let's use them as practice, yeah?", he tried to slow her down a bit, before she started speaking out of drunkness again.

With a chuckle, he nodded and looked at his own mug. "There's a guy in the guild... Real zany, but he fights monsters mostly drunk. Cool dude. You two buddies?", he joked and raised a hand to grab the attention of the waitress, getting a refill of ale. It might be for the better if the both of them were tipsy, or even a bit drunk. Just kicking back, and unwinding for a little while like this wouldn't hurt every now and then. And as soon as it was refilled, he raised it into the air and gave her a small grin. "Cheers~.", he sung and downed another swig, placing the half empty mug on the table and resting his head on one of his hands as he looked at her. "... I'm glad we met again, Lilly.", he admitted and gave her a smile, his cheeks somewhat red either from the blushing, or the drinking.

At his request to take it slowly Lilly seems to look just slightly disappointed, having hoped they would be rid of the monster that took her mother from her. Sighing heavily but nodding with acceptance to his suggestion. As he chuckled and continued to tell her about the man who fought monsters drunk she grins laughing to herself.

"Ah Jake... Yes he is... He has a really nice *hic* body"

Her own brown cheeks where a bit flushed as well when she met Oliver's eyes with hers, whispering softly

"You know... Ollie, you grew up nice."

Thrusting a drunken hand to his arm and holding it there with a sort of twinkle in her eye

"A little skinny but... A handsome face"

In her drunken stupor, Oliver couldn't tell whether or not she was flirting or just trying to point out the differences. He'd shrug it off, but she placed a hand on his arm and looked at him funny. He chuckled, giving her a wider grin in response and taking another sip from his own drink. "Aye, thank you. Even like this, you still kept a pretty face too y'know.", he returned the compliments rather casually with some of his own, chuckling before taking another swig.

"I was startin' to wonder what had happened to you the other day.", he trailed off and rested his head on his hand, looking down at his empty plate and smiling warmly. "Didn't expect to run into you here, I thought you'd still be out there with your dad, being an alchemist or travellin' around the world to make and sell supplies and all.", Ollie nodded to himself, letting out a sigh. "I pretty much moved 'ere and just became a hunter ever since. It's been a few years, but it's been much of the same. Hunt that, kill this, scout ahead, yada yada."

In her drunken stupor, Oliver couldn't tell whether or not she was flirting or just trying to point out the differences. He'd shrug it off, but she placed a hand on his arm and looked at him funny. He chuckled, giving her a wider grin in response and taking another sip from his own drink. "Aye, thank you. Even like this, you still kept a pretty face too y'know.", he returned the compliments rather casually with some of his own, chuckling before taking another swig.

"I was startin' to wonder what had happened to you the other day.", he trailed off and rested his head on his hand, looking down at his empty plate and smiling warmly. "Didn't expect to run into you here, I thought you'd still be out there with your dad, being an alchemist or travellin' around the world to make and sell supplies and all.", Ollie nodded to himself, letting out a sigh. "I pretty much moved 'ere and just became a hunter ever since. It's been a few years, but it's been much of the same. Hunt that, kill this, scout ahead, yada yada."

The drunk woman batted her eyelashes at Oliver with a smug grin though he didn't seem to be picking up on her flirty talk, though she wasn't one to give up easily as her hand clumsily followed his arm down to his hands gently grabbing his hand and twining his fingers with hers as she leans a bit closer to him at hearing him comment on her own beauty.

"M...my... *Hic* face isn't the only thing that's different O.. Ollie"

She winks at the man hoping to get his attention now when the conversation suddenly became sentimental which completely wrecked her drunken horniness as she paused, letting go of his hand as her eyes were now able to process the face of her childhood best friend sitting across from her. In that moment she shut her mouth, listening to him speak. She sighed and brought a hand to her face before addressing his assumptions about how she would be living her life.

"I... Did the traveling alchemist th...thin for years. Picking up the odd job now an then.... I had to get away from Ba... His always expecting me to be like Ma..."

She straightened in her seat speaking in a deeper voice like her father as she mimics him.

"Why can't you use your alchemy to become a Midwife like your mother? Stop dreaming of the hunt, you have no place in the guild."

Her eyes harden as she suddenly slammed her mechanical fist on the table, breaking off the corner of the wooden table before looking at the broken piece on the ground and swearing under her breath.

Ollie's blush got significantly deeper when she more bluntly and boldly than before flirted with him, wanting to comment on it before he realised that she was... upset again. "G-God damn I'm horrible at talking with people after all.", he thought to himself, sipping what was left of the ale in his mug and flinching somewhat when she broke the corner off the table off with her hand, looking at the waitress and giving her a small smile as though asking her to please ignore it. He'd definitely slip her some money for the repairs when they were on their way out, which... judging by her drunkenness? Shouldn't be too long from now.

"H-Hey, Lilly, it's alright. You're a great hunter, yeah? You saved my life. How about we just uh... g-go out, walk and relax?", he tried to deescalate things once again, giving nervous glances to the waitress to make sure she picked up on his message. This time, it seemed she had. Thankfully... He sat up and offered her a hand in case she needed help to get up herself, grinning rather awkwardly at the rogue. "Yeah, how about it? Just us two, walkin' and talking. It'll help out, c'mon."

Ollie's blush got significantly deeper when she more bluntly and boldly than before flirted with him, wanting to comment on it before he realised that she was... upset again. "G-God damn I'm horrible at talking with people after all.", he thought to himself, sipping what was left of the ale in his mug and flinching somewhat when she broke the corner off the table off with her hand, looking at the waitress and giving her a small smile as though asking her to please ignore it. He'd definitely slip her some money for the repairs when they were on their way out, which... judging by her drunkenness? Shouldn't be too long from now.

"H-Hey, Lilly, it's alright. You're a great hunter, yeah? You saved my life. How about we just uh... g-go out, walk and relax?", he tried to deescalate things once again, giving nervous glances to the waitress to make sure she picked up on his message. This time, it seemed she had. Thankfully... He sat up and offered her a hand in case she needed help to get up herself, grinning rather awkwardly at the rogue. "Yeah, how about it? Just us two, walkin' and talking. It'll help out, c'mon."

Seemingly dazed a moment she looks at Oliver after breaking the table, seemingly embarrassed a moment but nodding quickly at his suggestion to leave, jumping at the opportunity to get out of the awkward situation, the irritated stares from other patrons and the barkeep as she sets some money on the table for payment. She stands and nearly topples over, grabbing onto Oliver to hold herself up, almost falling into him with all her weight before quickly getting stabilized.

"Y...yup, les' leave"

She didn't say much but had a hand on his chest tapping him once or twice before chuckling.

"O....ohhh Ollie..."

"She seemed a bit more of a... uuuh, free spirit, but this is a bit...", he commented in the back of his mind and opened up a small satchel he kept on his belt, taking out a fair amount of money and placing it on the table. "Th-Thank you very much for everything. 't was great.", he thanked the lady who just gave a sigh and tired nod, and so the two slowly left the store. "You're a complete mess, Lilly.", he chuckled and scratched the back of his head with his free hand, using the other one to help keep her standing.

"Any spot in town you'd prefer we sit down at?", he asked, curious to see what the drunk might say. His own words were somewhat slurred, but he seemed to have been spared the hiccups and boldness that came with her state. Probably for the best that he was left the sober one and not the other way around. "I know there's a cool garden 'round these parts, if ya want?"

"She seemed a bit more of a... uuuh, free spirit, but this is a bit...", he commented in the back of his mind and opened up a small satchel he kept on his belt, taking out a fair amount of money and placing it on the table. "Th-Thank you very much for everything. 't was great.", he thanked the lady who just gave a sigh and tired nod, and so the two slowly left the store. "You're a complete mess, Lilly.", he chuckled and scratched the back of his head with his free hand, using the other one to help keep her standing.

"Any spot in town you'd prefer we sit down at?", he asked, curious to see what the drunk might say. His own words were somewhat slurred, but he seemed to have been spared the hiccups and boldness that came with her state. Probably for the best that he was left the sober one and not the other way around. "I know there's a cool garden 'round these parts, if ya want?"

As he had his arm around her to help her stand, Lillian leans herself on him walking beside him though she was very focused on the hand she had against his chest. Feeling his heartbeat quietly a moment before looking up at him laughing softly.

"I'm a mess... But you're a Man, so tall and toned... I wonder Ollie... Did puberty leave you better than it found you too?"

she smirks to him chuckling softly as he mentioned the garden then blinking at the trees she beams, liking the idea of going with him to the garden

"Ohh... A garden... Let's go..!" She lets go of him but takes his hand as she staggered towards the beautiful grove

The flirting was something Oliver wasn't too familiar with. His blush deepened again, as he looked down at Lilly and started to laugh nervously. "H-Hey, you trynna practice your capturing techniques on me lady?", he asked her jokingly, feeling the slight tension between the two. It looked like when drunk, she really got into it and dove face first into whatever she could, huh?

And before he had time to even respond to any of her comments, she was leading the way already, holding him the same way she would if they were still the same two twerps that played around all day. "Aye, take it easy!", Ollie laughed and followed right behind her, trying to slow her down so she wouldn't trip and hurt herself any. "Don't stress your body too much, you've still got the stitches yeah?", he tried to remind her, although she seemed to be in a world of her own. She was having fun, at least.

With the two arriving to the garden eventually, they came to a stop as he grinned. "You led the way, but... Tadah, there it is.", he chuckled and gestured with his free hand, trying to slip the other one out of her grip- if it was loose enough at least. If he'd have to pull his hand away to get it free, he'd just keep it there quietly. "There's a few flowers here and there and it's got a pretty view. That's kinda it, yeah."

The flirting was something Oliver wasn't too familiar with. His blush deepened again, as he looked down at Lilly and started to laugh nervously. "H-Hey, you trynna practice your capturing techniques on me lady?", he asked her jokingly, feeling the slight tension between the two. It looked like when drunk, she really got into it and dove face first into whatever she could, huh?

And before he had time to even respond to any of her comments, she was leading the way already, holding him the same way she would if they were still the same two twerps that played around all day. "Aye, take it easy!", Ollie laughed and followed right behind her, trying to slow her down so she wouldn't trip and hurt herself any. "Don't stress your body too much, you've still got the stitches yeah?", he tried to remind her, although she seemed to be in a world of her own. She was having fun, at least.

With the two arriving to the garden eventually, they came to a stop as he grinned. "You led the way, but... Tadah, there it is.", he chuckled and gestured with his free hand, trying to slip the other one out of her grip- if it was loose enough at least. If he'd have to pull his hand away to get it free, he'd just keep it there quietly. "There's a few flowers here and there and it's got a pretty view. That's kinda it, yeah."

As soon as they got to the garden she cast her friend a teasing smile, stepping close to him and putting her body against his while looking up at him. Staggering just slightly so her breast bumps against his body. Running one of her hands over her breast and down her waist seductively

"I'd... Be alright if you wanted to put some s...stress on my bod..y"

Winking at the man with that teasing smile she had since having decided she wanted to have sex with him. The smile fading a bit as she feels him trying to wiggle his hand away, she was drunk but she could tell he wasn't interested as she blinks quickly, starting to blush as she lets him pull his hand away shaking her head quickly as though trying to think clearly

"Oh... I... Am I making you uncomfortable? Ollie... Sorry."

She stammers starting to look embarrassed as she fell a bit harder onto him accidentally while trying to take a step back.

Oliver looked down at her as she became more blatantly provocative, blushing and giving her a smile. "Even someone as strong as you is this tender and sensitive?", he asked in a mix of nervousness and genuine curiosity, her request causing him to blank out for a moment. When she started feeling awkward about it and trying to apologise though, she only ended up falling onto him a bit more.

Rather than acting anyhow uncomfortable, he just let out a deep sigh and wrapped his arms around her, one hand around her shoulders and the other around her back. "Nah, 't's alright. You're just... drunk~.", he almost sung and laughed a bit, lowering his head in an attempt to look into her eyes as he pulled back, giving her a pat on the back and seeing if she could stand on her own. "Their mead really hit you differently, huh?", Oliver asked with a hand on the back of his head, scratching it as he placed the other hand on his hip. "I thought you'd be able to stomach drinks better, but you're just a bit better off than I am. And I'm not that well off either."

Oliver looked down at her as she became more blatantly provocative, blushing and giving her a smile. "Even someone as strong as you is this tender and sensitive?", he asked in a mix of nervousness and genuine curiosity, her request causing him to blank out for a moment. When she started feeling awkward about it and trying to apologise though, she only ended up falling onto him a bit more.

Rather than acting anyhow uncomfortable, he just let out a deep sigh and wrapped his arms around her, one hand around her shoulders and the other around her back. "Nah, 't's alright. You're just... drunk~.", he almost sung and laughed a bit, lowering his head in an attempt to look into her eyes as he pulled back, giving her a pat on the back and seeing if she could stand on her own. "Their mead really hit you differently, huh?", Oliver asked with a hand on the back of his head, scratching it as he placed the other hand on his hip. "I thought you'd be able to stomach drinks better, but you're just a bit better off than I am. And I'm not that well off either."

Lillian huffs softly with mild disappointment having hoped to get lucky tonight though even drunk as she was she didn't want to force herself on a man who was obviously not interested, her best friend at that as she seemed to look away as he was trying to look into her eyes. Seeing as her plan had failed and she had only made things awkward her mind began to wonder

"You have a woman already... Huh?"

She looks around the garden deciding to sit slowly in the grass and lay down to keep the world from spinning, she would have to go back to the Inn she was staying though she was too dizzy to walk or stand up

Oliver looked at her quietly as she asked that, wanting to laugh but holding it in and keeping a serious look on his face. He quietly sat down next to her, coughing to clear his throat and crossing his legs, putting his hands together where his legs met. "... Ahem... Let's see.", he looked down at the grass, the wind blowing softly as he turned his head to look at her and gave a nod. "I am... involved. Yes.", he said, although his voice hinted he was probably dicking around with her.

He reached for his coat and quietly looked in it, until he pulled a notebook out of his pocket. A small, worn diary with a leather cover. "This is my 'partner'. I write down whatever I can about my hunts here and try to keep track of everything I've participated in. As a hunter.". She was probably confused, so he let out a sigh and threw himself back on the grass, letting out a groan and putting the notebook back in his pocket again.

"I've been... hard at work is one way to put it. Yeah. I barely take breaks to do anything that's not training, working or sleeping. There's not much room for me to socialise or romance around normally.", Oliver explained his situation as he looked at her, offering an awkward smile. "Meeting you again has been very fun and you're... you know, you're you, you're great and pretty. But it's been a lot since when we found the Dire Skolver. I need a bit of time to think things through. And... you know, for you to not be drunk would be good too.", he chuckled and let out a heavy sigh, closing his eyes and throwing an arm on his own forehead to cover the sun a little bit from completely blinding him.

Oliver looked at her quietly as she asked that, wanting to laugh but holding it in and keeping a serious look on his face. He quietly sat down next to her, coughing to clear his throat and crossing his legs, putting his hands together where his legs met. "... Ahem... Let's see.", he looked down at the grass, the wind blowing softly as he turned his head to look at her and gave a nod. "I am... involved. Yes.", he said, although his voice hinted he was probably dicking around with her.

He reached for his coat and quietly looked in it, until he pulled a notebook out of his pocket. A small, worn diary with a leather cover. "This is my 'partner'. I write down whatever I can about my hunts here and try to keep track of everything I've participated in. As a hunter.". She was probably confused, so he let out a sigh and threw himself back on the grass, letting out a groan and putting the notebook back in his pocket again.

"I've been... hard at work is one way to put it. Yeah. I barely take breaks to do anything that's not training, working or sleeping. There's not much room for me to socialise or romance around normally.", Oliver explained his situation as he looked at her, offering an awkward smile. "Meeting you again has been very fun and you're... you know, you're you, you're great and pretty. But it's been a lot since when we found the Dire Skolver. I need a bit of time to think things through. And... you know, for you to not be drunk would be good too.", he chuckled and let out a heavy sigh, closing his eyes and throwing an arm on his own forehead to cover the sun a little bit from completely blinding him.

Still laying in the grass Lilly felt as though the world was spinning around her, hearing Oliver's voice was grounding her a bit. The woman looks to where Oliver lay beside her, her desire for him becoming background thoughts as she made an effort to pretend to be sober, she knew how she often got when she would drink, knowing she'd made him uncomfortable.

This would come as a surprise to Lillian's Sober mind, she had always seen Oliver as a little brother, not ever having thought about him in a dirty way such as in this moment as she simply tried to pay attention to his words. As she was able to make out his words she had a question come to her mind before blinking at the man surprised

"Ollie... Have you never... Had sex?"

The drunken sound in her voice was soft as she starting trying to sit up so not to pass out. Grumbling softly about not wanting to sleep yet she chuckled.

"Well...at least you think I'm...p.. pretty"

The question would normally hurt most proud men's egos, but none of that was here. Oliver just turned and said, in a manner where she couldn't tell if he was serious or joking. "Nah, no sex. I've never heard anyone say it's half as good as hunting anyway.", and to that he laughed with himself heartily, making himself comfortable as he lay down on the grass. His eyes were still sneaking peeks at her as she moved about and tried to get comfortable, and he offered her a smile.

"You are pretty, yeah. You've got... y'know, your face, and the freckles, and a very good body type. You're great, Lilly.", he complimented her one more time, his words coming off as genuine, because they were. If anything, this just went to bother him more at his inability to follow through with his words, at least right now. The fact he could give her such compliments but in an almost detached from reality manner, was... well, the fruit of his efforts. He was a god damn good hunter, but little else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back