• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Culling the Herds [P]

After having spent so much time overexerting himself, Oliver felt exhausted. It hit him almost like a wave crashing down on him, and he'd leaned forward and closed his eyes, almost asleep by the bedside before he woke up from Lily's sudden freakout. He snapped up and felt her arm pull back, before seeing her fall back down on the bed. "Lily, don't move that much..!", the groggy man tried to advise her, although his voice was a bit slurred and his eyes clearly carried an exhaustion to them, which was very well earned. He quietly put a hand on her arm and rubbed it in an attempt to comfort her and remind her that she was safe. The freakout he wasn't sure about, but she was obviously still shaken.

If anything, she could have even died out there if they were any slower about it. "Calm down. We're safe.", Oliver tried to more calmly put her at ease, giving her a small smile and looking up and down her form. "I'm not too much better off either...", he inspected himself, his white shirt still on but with some blood stains on it, both from his arm and his partner's wounds, and his left arm was bandaged from the shoulder to the elbow. "I'm here Lily, I'm right here.", he continued to try and comfort her as he realised that she was slowly calming down, his smile getting a bit wider. It was less so a smile of happiness and more so of accomplishment. They were the ones to make it out alive, rather than fall to the clutches of whatever that hellspawn was.

As she sat up in her panic the world around her spun, eyes struggling to find anything to focus on as she quickly scooted herself away from some unknown attacker. Stammering weakly about her mother.

"m..mama...that monster... M..ma"

She seemed to be startled by Oliver as she was becoming aware of her surroundings. Quickly grabbing his face to look at him, tears still rimming her eyes.

"It killed her... That beast killed mama... I..."

Lowering her eyes and hands as her expression sunk.

"It should have been me... It was trying to eat me..."

As she whispered this she still seemed to be experiencing a PTSD episode, shaking a bit with fear as her fingers felt around where her arm ends and the machine begins. Oliver now noticing to mauling on the bit of skin where her fingers traced, certainly there would be more mauling on what was left of the arm though this wasn't visible to the man.

Oliver was... at a loss of words. He quietly observed his friend as she grabbed his face and then let go, only to look at where her arm had been severed and try to feel for it. "L-Lily, calm down, everything is alright.", he finally managed to say, with both brows furrowed as he awkwardly sat up and gave her a hug, although loosely to not move her too much and ruin her stitches. "I'm right here, the monster's gone. It's Oliver.", he repeated, trying to get her to come back to her senses. Despite his best efforts to keep composed though, his own breathing was quite shaky as well as he'd broken into a cold sweat.

He'd heard stories of hunters getting scarred for life, but... Not like this. No, that wasn't true. He just hadn't seen anything of the sort, and he was lucky enough to have never been wounded in the first place. With his head resting on her shoulder, he lowered his gaze to try and look at her mechanical arm, wincing at the sight of where she was touching. "She's been through so much, and I'm fucking freezing up still.", his train of thoughts wouldn't stop, but he tried to hold it back as much as he could and patted her back. "You're safe now. We're both safe. Come on.", he stammered and slowly pulled back, holding her from the shoulders gently as he looked into her eyes. "Are you with me, Lily?"

Oliver was... at a loss of words. He quietly observed his friend as she grabbed his face and then let go, only to look at where her arm had been severed and try to feel for it. "L-Lily, calm down, everything is alright.", he finally managed to say, with both brows furrowed as he awkwardly sat up and gave her a hug, although loosely to not move her too much and ruin her stitches. "I'm right here, the monster's gone. It's Oliver.", he repeated, trying to get her to come back to her senses. Despite his best efforts to keep composed though, his own breathing was quite shaky as well as he'd broken into a cold sweat.

He'd heard stories of hunters getting scarred for life, but... Not like this. No, that wasn't true. He just hadn't seen anything of the sort, and he was lucky enough to have never been wounded in the first place. With his head resting on her shoulder, he lowered his gaze to try and look at her mechanical arm, wincing at the sight of where she was touching. "She's been through so much, and I'm fucking freezing up still.", his train of thoughts wouldn't stop, but he tried to hold it back as much as he could and patted her back. "You're safe now. We're both safe. Come on.", he stammered and slowly pulled back, holding her from the shoulders gently as he looked into her eyes. "Are you with me, Lily?"

As he spoke she seemed to come out of the episode a bit, looking into his eyes starting to recognize him, blinking away the terror of her light green eyes. Her breathing starting to regulate a bit before she hugs him with face buried in his shoulder. Her fingers locked up a bit as she held him, a deep sigh of relief coming from her as she whispered.

"Oliver.... You're alive. It didn't kill you too..."

She wouldn't let go of him, not yet, after the attack she didn't want to risk loosing another loved one, especially since she had just found her 'little brother' again. There was silence for a moment before she finally loosened her grip on him, her mind seemingly calmed down as she looks at his own wounds, inspecting the damage and assessing how well the wound had been tended to as she huffs.

"You still have your arm. Good. Wouldn't want to have to match with you everyday"

Though still a little shaky, her teasing tone indicated her mind was back to normal function.l, despite her croak of a voice when she gently puts a hand to her throat.

"Water....?"

She asked softly starting to look around her for a drink.

He was surprised when she suddenly just dove into him and winced a bit, but tried not to show it. He patted her back again, until she eventually pulled back and he offered her a small smile. The comment could have just been passed off, if she weren't going through some serious flashbacks just a moment ago. Now, it just... troubled him. He was too tired to make up his feelings on the matter properly and understand them on top of it too. "... Yeah. I'm good.", he just reassured her and rubbed her arm, before she asked for water. He got up and looked around the room, seeing a glass and a small pot of water, filling it up for her and bringing it over to offer it.

"I didn't even realise it had attacked you when it pounced on me. You got it off of me and then I blinded it from one eye. The emergency team said they patched you up, but... I'll check with them to see how long you have to rest in a bit.", Oliver tried to take it slow and break down the situation for her, although he was still arguably getting ahead of himself and giving her a lot to digest. "For now, we rest. So just... take it easy. I'll be here for you until you're better.", he tried to encourage her and just offered another small, worried smile as he waited to be given the glass back.

He was surprised when she suddenly just dove into him and winced a bit, but tried not to show it. He patted her back again, until she eventually pulled back and he offered her a small smile. The comment could have just been passed off, if she weren't going through some serious flashbacks just a moment ago. Now, it just... troubled him. He was too tired to make up his feelings on the matter properly and understand them on top of it too. "... Yeah. I'm good.", he just reassured her and rubbed her arm, before she asked for water. He got up and looked around the room, seeing a glass and a small pot of water, filling it up for her and bringing it over to offer it.

"I didn't even realise it had attacked you when it pounced on me. You got it off of me and then I blinded it from one eye. The emergency team said they patched you up, but... I'll check with them to see how long you have to rest in a bit.", Oliver tried to take it slow and break down the situation for her, although he was still arguably getting ahead of himself and giving her a lot to digest. "For now, we rest. So just... take it easy. I'll be here for you until you're better.", he tried to encourage her and just offered another small, worried smile as he waited to be given the glass back.

After seeing him stand to grab a glass of water for her she moved some loose hair from her eyes. Relaxing a bit more as she focused on her breathing, almost trying to meditate to ease her stress. It wasn't long before she had a cup of water in her hands, quickly drinking it down and gasping softly with relief before closing her eyes and nodding to him gratefully.

"I'm just happy you're alive Ollie... I would never have been able to forgive myself if the beast had killed you"

Her jaw tightened slightly as she thought about it, groaning pained and slightly rolling on the bed.

"At least you wounds don't look as shitty as I feel... I just don't want to be stuck here for a week. There's monsters to kill..."

She chuckled softly between wincing.

"I'm too stubborn to die that easy. Just don't think about it, if you keep tensing up the stitches might open up.", he tried to do whatever was best for his friend's swift recovery, although he wouldn't have any clear answers until he checked in with the medics. "... A week, huh. It sounds like a lot, but... Fuck it.", he grumbled and gestured her to wait for just a moment, standing up from the chair and almost stumbling on the first step as a dizzy spell washed over him. He ignored it though, and left the room for what seemed like a minute or two of discussion before he entered it again.

"Hey.", Oliver smiled slightly and made his way for the chair before sitting down on it, letting out a deep exhale of relief. "They said you'll need two or three days in the bed, and then you'll just need to take it easy for one more. I can take you out on your final day, if you want. Get some time together to get caught up?", he asked her with a small smile on his face, unsure if she'd appreciate the news or not. Just in case she were to talk back though, he hurriedly put one of his hands on her prosthetic's palm and gripped it firmly, grinning. "I'll need a day or two myself, but I can run double shifts to make sure the place's safe.", he said, although the expression spoke for itself. Right now, he was worn out, and uncertain if he could even keep to that promise all the way through.

"I'm too stubborn to die that easy. Just don't think about it, if you keep tensing up the stitches might open up.", he tried to do whatever was best for his friend's swift recovery, although he wouldn't have any clear answers until he checked in with the medics. "... A week, huh. It sounds like a lot, but... Fuck it.", he grumbled and gestured her to wait for just a moment, standing up from the chair and almost stumbling on the first step as a dizzy spell washed over him. He ignored it though, and left the room for what seemed like a minute or two of discussion before he entered it again.

"Hey.", Oliver smiled slightly and made his way for the chair before sitting down on it, letting out a deep exhale of relief. "They said you'll need two or three days in the bed, and then you'll just need to take it easy for one more. I can take you out on your final day, if you want. Get some time together to get caught up?", he asked her with a small smile on his face, unsure if she'd appreciate the news or not. Just in case she were to talk back though, he hurriedly put one of his hands on her prosthetic's palm and gripped it firmly, grinning. "I'll need a day or two myself, but I can run double shifts to make sure the place's safe.", he said, although the expression spoke for itself. Right now, he was worn out, and uncertain if he could even keep to that promise all the way through.

At the mention of him being too stubborn to die she smirks slightly, grabbing his hand and squeezing it. A friendly warmth in her eyes.

"We just met again, you're not allowed to die I have to hear all about what happened in the last decade and a half!"

She laughed a bit nodding as he stood to get information. Leaning back quietly as the looks at the ceiling, her eyes closed to keep from being too dizzy. Hearing Ollie approach again with a 'Hey' the woman's eyes open, looking back to her friend as he explained she would need to be bedridden for the next few days. with a irritated huff she looks past him moment to the wall behind him.

"Two or three days huh? Well... At least I get a play date with Ollie by the end of it"

She said getting a tease in her expression again as she looks at him.

"Thanks Ollie... But seriously make sure you're resting yourself aight?"

She reminded him thoughtfully.

Oliver nodded at her, although he would probably disappoint. "Eeeh, it's mostly training or hunting. But I can give you a full retelling if you'd really like.", he joked, before informing her about her stay. That nickname had grown on him, and despite sounding childish, he still used 'Lily' because 'Lillian' felt too formal, and he was also used to it considering he'd last seen her... when they were 8? Around then, probably. "Play date..? You never grew up, did you?", he tiredly asked her and laughed slightly, and then she asked him to cut himself a break.

"... I'll try my best. I'm bad at taking it slow.", the swordsman admitted, rubbing the back of his head and yawning. Maybe this once, he could just... rest here, rather than go home. As long as nobody had an issue with it, that is. "Tell you what... Let's both just sleep for now. Yeah?", he asked and weakly squeezed her prosthetic hand once again, slowly leaning in to rest his head on the side of the bed with his eyelids growing heavier and heavier. "Rest...", he interrupted himself with an exhausted, long yawn. "Rest tight..."

And so, he almost fell asleep immediately, proof enough for how much he'd stressed his body today. Not during the combat, but the carrying took a lot out of him, and when he woke up he'd be able to feel his muscles stiff and uncomfortable, if not a horrible fatigue alongside the stiffness.

Oliver nodded at her, although he would probably disappoint. "Eeeh, it's mostly training or hunting. But I can give you a full retelling if you'd really like.", he joked, before informing her about her stay. That nickname had grown on him, and despite sounding childish, he still used 'Lily' because 'Lillian' felt too formal, and he was also used to it considering he'd last seen her... when they were 8? Around then, probably. "Play date..? You never grew up, did you?", he tiredly asked her and laughed slightly, and then she asked him to cut himself a break.

"... I'll try my best. I'm bad at taking it slow.", the swordsman admitted, rubbing the back of his head and yawning. Maybe this once, he could just... rest here, rather than go home. As long as nobody had an issue with it, that is. "Tell you what... Let's both just sleep for now. Yeah?", he asked and weakly squeezed her prosthetic hand once again, slowly leaning in to rest his head on the side of the bed with his eyelids growing heavier and heavier. "Rest...", he interrupted himself with an exhausted, long yawn. "Rest tight..."

And so, he almost fell asleep immediately, proof enough for how much he'd stressed his body today. Not during the combat, but the carrying took a lot out of him, and when he woke up he'd be able to feel his muscles stiff and uncomfortable, if not a horrible fatigue alongside the stiffness.

With a hearty laugh the woman nods

"Yes! Please regale me with all the thrilling details of your upbringing I remember you were barely able to lift a sword when my family left the village. Now you're holding two swords"

She gestures to herself at his joke about not growing up. Giving the man a playful smirk and a wink for added humor.

"Why I think puberty did me well personally, As for what it did for my mental maturity... That is perhaps a different story"

Though Lillian would continue to jest, she was also visibly exhausted from the day, struggling not to pass out herself as she was still in a great deal of pain. Her eyes went to her friend's hands gripping hers, not something she could feel but seeing that he was showing concern for her brought a warmth to her breast. He had grown into a man, but the same little boy who followed her around like a little brother was now holding her hand with that same protection in his mannerisms.

Her thoughts went back to their childhood for a moment, as she begins to fall asleep herself. They were both much smaller then, life was simple and the two spent almost every moment of each day together while their parents worked. Lilly had climbed into a tree over the river, swinging her legs lightly as Ollie pleaded with her to not sit over the water. At this memory she smiled. Even now as the two rested there as adults, he still wanted her safe.

Oliver had spent most of their time as kids worrying over the littlest of matters, so it never stayed with him as something special. And right now, nothing came to mind as this was just him, doing what he did best. Making sure people didn't suffer more than they had to, even if it had come at a cost of being little but a hunter. He just hoped he'd been a good friend, and that he would continue to be so.

"S-Stop that, Lily, get down! I can't swim and grab you if you fall!", he'd shout at her with a voice full of worry, and occasionally look at the tree standing upright with fear. Shake his head, and then go back to encouraging her to come down. "Your dad won't be happy, Lily, come on! Let's go play tag instead!", he'd try to convince her, and Lily would always eventually cave in. The first few times though, it took until Ollie's eyes watered and once, he'd even cried due to getting hurt on the way up the tree. An unsuccessful climb, obviously, but such was his skill at the time.

The two rested peacefully for a while, although Oliver was eventually woken up from a deep slumber, feeling his head ring and his entire body aching, crying for more rest. Lillian had to be treated though. The team woke him up for a while before they went straight to using light healing magic on her, checking on her stitches and doing whatever they could to speed up her recovery. By the time they were out, Ollie was asleep against the chair with crossed arms, having fallen back into a deep slumber a second time. It had probably been the next day that he woke up, seeing as everything was almost the same, except Lily was looking at him. "Ow...", he groaned and shifted around in his seat, rubbing his eyes and scuttling himself closer, alongside his chair.

The very movement though seemed to hurt him enough to cause noticeable discomfort, and he smiled at her as he leaned in and rubbed her arm. "Hey... how are you feeling? And how long has it been?", his voice was deeper than normal and more groggy, but that was to be expected. He'd barely moved a muscle for about 16 hours now, with the team coming in from time to time while Lily was both asleep and awake to give her additional treatment. Given the two's status, they were VIPs in the headquarters and also treated as such. The swordsman just happened to be suffering from physical exhaustion, while the other one had been... sufficiently roughed up, at best.

Oliver had spent most of their time as kids worrying over the littlest of matters, so it never stayed with him as something special. And right now, nothing came to mind as this was just him, doing what he did best. Making sure people didn't suffer more than they had to, even if it had come at a cost of being little but a hunter. He just hoped he'd been a good friend, and that he would continue to be so.

"S-Stop that, Lily, get down! I can't swim and grab you if you fall!", he'd shout at her with a voice full of worry, and occasionally look at the tree standing upright with fear. Shake his head, and then go back to encouraging her to come down. "Your dad won't be happy, Lily, come on! Let's go play tag instead!", he'd try to convince her, and Lily would always eventually cave in. The first few times though, it took until Ollie's eyes watered and once, he'd even cried due to getting hurt on the way up the tree. An unsuccessful climb, obviously, but such was his skill at the time.

The two rested peacefully for a while, although Oliver was eventually woken up from a deep slumber, feeling his head ring and his entire body aching, crying for more rest. Lillian had to be treated though. The team woke him up for a while before they went straight to using light healing magic on her, checking on her stitches and doing whatever they could to speed up her recovery. By the time they were out, Ollie was asleep against the chair with crossed arms, having fallen back into a deep slumber a second time. It had probably been the next day that he woke up, seeing as everything was almost the same, except Lily was looking at him. "Ow...", he groaned and shifted around in his seat, rubbing his eyes and scuttling himself closer, alongside his chair.

The very movement though seemed to hurt him enough to cause noticeable discomfort, and he smiled at her as he leaned in and rubbed her arm. "Hey... how are you feeling? And how long has it been?", his voice was deeper than normal and more groggy, but that was to be expected. He'd barely moved a muscle for about 16 hours now, with the team coming in from time to time while Lily was both asleep and awake to give her additional treatment. Given the two's status, they were VIPs in the headquarters and also treated as such. The swordsman just happened to be suffering from physical exhaustion, while the other one had been... sufficiently roughed up, at best.

For the next two days Lilly would remain in the bed, being treated occasionally with salves and poultices by the healers who would check on her wounds. The reports were all good, only requesting that she stay still, a request that clearly irritated the woman, especially by the second night when she was staring sleepily to Oliver, his hand rubbing her arm now, feeling his fingers caress her skin lightly as he croaked 'how long has it been' she blinks slowly to him before looking at her bandages.

"Well... I'm tired of this... I want to get back to the woods and wash up in a pond.... It's been two days almost without a proper bath. though I worry more about you Ollie..."

She grabs his hand leaning towards him and meeting his gaze

"I'm alive. You don't have to keep vigil at my bedside. I'm sure I'll be out of here by sun up anyway."

She said hopeful while looking out the dark window, anticipating the sunrise that would surely be soon.

He chuckled at her with a cocked eyebrow and a smug grin. "You don't look like someone who hasn't taken a bath in two days.", he joked and proceeded to yawn, before he felt her hand on his and looked at her in the eyes. "I... Look, we're friends. I don't know what to say or do, but. I don't want to just leave you.", he offered a small smile, before looking down at his knees that still felt weak. "... I can't move much anyway. My entire body is aching.", Ollie pointed out and nodded to himself, knowing the wave of exhaustion hadn't quite finished running its courses on him.

"It might even be more days than you before I recover. Right now I'm stiff as a statue.", he continued and let out a long, exasperated sigh before he raised his head to look back up at her. "How do your wounds feel? Are you better?", he repeated his question from before although a bit more clearly, concerned about her recovery. Tiredness was to be expected, so he didn't dwell much on it. He knew he himself wouldn't take too kindly to being left on a bed for a few days, that'd be a lot of precious time lost for no reason. Not that this wasn't, but... this was different.

He chuckled at her with a cocked eyebrow and a smug grin. "You don't look like someone who hasn't taken a bath in two days.", he joked and proceeded to yawn, before he felt her hand on his and looked at her in the eyes. "I... Look, we're friends. I don't know what to say or do, but. I don't want to just leave you.", he offered a small smile, before looking down at his knees that still felt weak. "... I can't move much anyway. My entire body is aching.", Ollie pointed out and nodded to himself, knowing the wave of exhaustion hadn't quite finished running its courses on him.

"It might even be more days than you before I recover. Right now I'm stiff as a statue.", he continued and let out a long, exasperated sigh before he raised his head to look back up at her. "How do your wounds feel? Are you better?", he repeated his question from before although a bit more clearly, concerned about her recovery. Tiredness was to be expected, so he didn't dwell much on it. He knew he himself wouldn't take too kindly to being left on a bed for a few days, that'd be a lot of precious time lost for no reason. Not that this wasn't, but... this was different.

She rolls her eyes as he tells her she looks fine listening to him tell her he wasn't going to leave her. She smiled slightly at the sentential but as she was recovering she noticed he seemed to be declining which concerned her though not for long when she looks around quietly for the staff and chuckled softly.

"Maybe it wouldn't hurt to sneak out of here and get our blood circulating. I'm over this being cooped up thing, aren't you?"

Her eyes get a devious glint as they would when they were children, any time she would have plans to rebel.

"I don't know about you but I could really use a drink... Or three"

As expected from Oliver, considering his tendencies back when they were both kids, he gave her a stern look and shook his head. "There's probably a reason they haven't discharged you yet, let's not?", he seemed to be only discouraging the sneaking out part and avoiding the drinks proposal, until he saw the look she had in her eyes. Somewhat hesitant at first, he nodded with what felt like fake confidence and a prideful expression. "S-Sure thing, we'll get drinks."

Something was definitely up, but he wasn't going to say it even if she asked, chances were. "I need one moment to get some fresh air, heh.", he told her with a worn out grin, pushing himself off his chair with a bit of trouble and slowly pulling his hand away as he headed to the room's window, leaning on the wooden frame and huffing tiredly. It didn't take a genius to realise he was a lot more tired than he let on. He'd been doing his best to recover, but he was skipping a meal here and there to spend as much time over Lily's bed, and that probably didn't help his physical state get back in shape as fast as it could have been going.

As expected from Oliver, considering his tendencies back when they were both kids, he gave her a stern look and shook his head. "There's probably a reason they haven't discharged you yet, let's not?", he seemed to be only discouraging the sneaking out part and avoiding the drinks proposal, until he saw the look she had in her eyes. Somewhat hesitant at first, he nodded with what felt like fake confidence and a prideful expression. "S-Sure thing, we'll get drinks."

Something was definitely up, but he wasn't going to say it even if she asked, chances were. "I need one moment to get some fresh air, heh.", he told her with a worn out grin, pushing himself off his chair with a bit of trouble and slowly pulling his hand away as he headed to the room's window, leaning on the wooden frame and huffing tiredly. It didn't take a genius to realise he was a lot more tired than he let on. He'd been doing his best to recover, but he was skipping a meal here and there to spend as much time over Lily's bed, and that probably didn't help his physical state get back in shape as fast as it could have been going.

As she had mentioned the drinks idea to her friend, she was surprised to see his proud expression at then mention of drinks. She smiled hearing his acceptance of the proposal but concern ebbed at her as she saw how distance the man was, his exhaustion was obvious as her deep green eyes followed him to the window.

The following day they finally allowed Lilly to leave, leaving the medics with a confident walk as she playfully nudge Oliver's good arm.

"I still think it would have been fun to sneak out like old times... A little walk down memory lane"

Once they were out and walking away from the headquarters, he chuckled and held back a low 'Ow' from the nudging, shaking his head at her. "No, you were very hurt and had to take care. That thing cut right through your armor, I wouldn't allow you to walk out like that.", he tried to scold her for the idea again in an attempt to be the straight man of the two, and show his maturity while he was at it. "This wasn't dad's grounding or mom's punishment for not hanging the clothes by the rack.", he reminisced back to when the two did, in fact, sneak away at any chance they got, just to get scolded twice as hard later. Well, most of the time they did.

Now though, maybe it would be better for him to kick back and relax the way she would. Although he was worried what exactly that entailed, he took a deep breath and thought to ask with a small grin. "Your discharge day, you get to do what we do for the rest of it. 'Play date' is all yours, Lillian.", Oliver purposefully said her whole name and laughed afterwards, maybe a bit too heartily at the jab before he went back to staring at her with a smile again. "We should probably grab a bite that's not... infirmary food. W-Well, for you, I've been snacking in between your naps."

Once they were out and walking away from the headquarters, he chuckled and held back a low 'Ow' from the nudging, shaking his head at her. "No, you were very hurt and had to take care. That thing cut right through your armor, I wouldn't allow you to walk out like that.", he tried to scold her for the idea again in an attempt to be the straight man of the two, and show his maturity while he was at it. "This wasn't dad's grounding or mom's punishment for not hanging the clothes by the rack.", he reminisced back to when the two did, in fact, sneak away at any chance they got, just to get scolded twice as hard later. Well, most of the time they did.

Now though, maybe it would be better for him to kick back and relax the way she would. Although he was worried what exactly that entailed, he took a deep breath and thought to ask with a small grin. "Your discharge day, you get to do what we do for the rest of it. 'Play date' is all yours, Lillian.", Oliver purposefully said her whole name and laughed afterwards, maybe a bit too heartily at the jab before he went back to staring at her with a smile again. "We should probably grab a bite that's not... infirmary food. W-Well, for you, I've been snacking in between your naps."

Lilly looks up to Ollie with a slight eye roll, he was so serious, though her armor had been destroyed as she looks at the cloak she had stitched up between her resting. Tracing the. Mended scars in the material with her finger tips. She chuckled softly hearing him compare this to his parent's discipline from years ago... Her own father had whipped Lillian's Backside for her rebellious ways as a young child and into her teens after her path separated from Oliver's.

"Oh don't you pretend you didn't have fun those nights i helped you sneak out of your room. You never had to come with me and yet you always did... Mr. Windsor"

She Snickers softly to him as he decided to use her own name before starting to rub her hands together as she considered eating, though she knew she would like a stiff drink after having been attacked by the same beast that took her arm and more importantly her mother when she was a teenager. She shakes her head slowly looking around the town as they left the clinic, this town was more technologically advanced compared to the village the two had lived as children, steam powered carriages rolling along the streets. Lillian gestures to one of the steam carriages as her eyes were fixed on it.

"Well... We could start by hijacking one of those carriages..."

She paused waiting to see Ollie's reaction before laughing

"I'm kidding! Let's start with the market, perhaps we'll find something that smells edible... Or we could step into a tavern for some roasted beast. Then discuss what ever happened to your dog! Is he still around?"

"H-Hey, I was a dumb kid back then.", he tried to defend himself from her pointing out his rebellious behavior, huffing and crossing his arms before he laughed and ended up rubbing the back of his neck. "We do dumb stuff when we're kids, can't blame me. Plus, you were the older one, Mrs. Rebel.", he finished with a confident nod, perfectly willing to use the 'we were just kids' excuse without the tiniest hint of remorse this once. What he did seem to show was remorse as soon as she mentioned hijacking a carriage and his expression switched to a very panicked one before seeing her laugh.

He'd been had, fair and square. To be expected from someone like Lily, but he was still give or take, the same kid she knew. Predictable, in most ways. "Y-You...", he grumbled before shaking his head and clearing his throat once again. If any time was best to show he'd grown up, now was his chance. Not to fuck up the same way he had when he got excited about her prosthetic, which he briefly glanced at before raising his head to look his partner in the eyes again. "I've done more work than necessary, so I can buy you a tavern meal alright. Spike though?", he questioned at the end about his dog, letting out a brief sigh before offering a small, sad smile.

"No, he got sick and got through it a few years ago. But he was getting old, and one day we just found him sleeping outside of the house, where we used to play together.", Ollie explained with a soft voice, feeling himself almost tear up before he gave a little laugh. "... He was a good boy, and at least he passed away happy. It looked like he was smiling.", he added at the end before realising a tear was running down his cheek, whispering "Shit." and wiping it as best as he could. "Sorry, I went and did it. Heh."

After his apology, he remained quiet for a moment or two before trying to switch the subject to where they were going to eat. He knew a few good places around the town, but since it was 'their playdate', he wanted to let her be the one to pick. "Which tavern do you prefer anyways? I'll let you take the lead, oldie but goodie."

"H-Hey, I was a dumb kid back then.", he tried to defend himself from her pointing out his rebellious behavior, huffing and crossing his arms before he laughed and ended up rubbing the back of his neck. "We do dumb stuff when we're kids, can't blame me. Plus, you were the older one, Mrs. Rebel.", he finished with a confident nod, perfectly willing to use the 'we were just kids' excuse without the tiniest hint of remorse this once. What he did seem to show was remorse as soon as she mentioned hijacking a carriage and his expression switched to a very panicked one before seeing her laugh.

He'd been had, fair and square. To be expected from someone like Lily, but he was still give or take, the same kid she knew. Predictable, in most ways. "Y-You...", he grumbled before shaking his head and clearing his throat once again. If any time was best to show he'd grown up, now was his chance. Not to fuck up the same way he had when he got excited about her prosthetic, which he briefly glanced at before raising his head to look his partner in the eyes again. "I've done more work than necessary, so I can buy you a tavern meal alright. Spike though?", he questioned at the end about his dog, letting out a brief sigh before offering a small, sad smile.

"No, he got sick and got through it a few years ago. But he was getting old, and one day we just found him sleeping outside of the house, where we used to play together.", Ollie explained with a soft voice, feeling himself almost tear up before he gave a little laugh. "... He was a good boy, and at least he passed away happy. It looked like he was smiling.", he added at the end before realising a tear was running down his cheek, whispering "Shit." and wiping it as best as he could. "Sorry, I went and did it. Heh."

After his apology, he remained quiet for a moment or two before trying to switch the subject to where they were going to eat. He knew a few good places around the town, but since it was 'their playdate', he wanted to let her be the one to pick. "Which tavern do you prefer anyways? I'll let you take the lead, oldie but goodie."

Blowing a raspberry as she looks away from Oliver, lifting her index finger into the air as she chuckled her response.

"That would be, Ms. Rebel to you! Still haven't found a Mr. Rebel if you can believe it"

Not that Lillian considered herself the type to Marry as she simply shrugged off the fact that no man had shown interest in her before.
Puffing her chest in a confident, though possibly arrogant way as she leads Oliver through the busy town. Laughing a bit loudly at the young man's stunned reaction to her suggestion to steal a carriage. The laughing dying down slowly as he mentioned his childhood pet, the mut the children had found digging through rubbish in the old village.
Her eyes soften a bit seeing the man show emotions as she hesitantly touched his arm comfortingly.

"Hey.... Don't go crying on me kiddo, you're supposed to be a bad ass yeah?"

She grins slightly hoping to have comforted the man, he had never been afraid to show his emotions, something that Lilly had always struggled with. She hadn't been able to cry much growing up as her father was always so insistent that she should be stoic and strong after her mother's death if she even wanted the chance to become a hunter.

Starting towards one of her regular pub spots the woman gently pat her friend's arm, gesturing forward towards the nearing taverns.

"The drinks at the 'Silver flask' are nice and stiff, the food isn't terrible either, but it'll taste even better with you buying"

She shrugged looking to him as she opened the door as she winks to Oliver, slipping into the pub.

"N-No, it's tears of happiness. I'm... I'm fine with Spike passing away like that. I just miss him a bit.", he told her with a tired laugh, before eventually nodding again. He wiped his tears away on his coat's sleeve, the same quote he'd worn a few days ago when they were attacked. That also meant it was a bit bloodied up inside and the tails on it were torn, but he could change at home. "Yeah, I'm the badass...", he just agreed with her with a chuckle and small smile, heaving a deep sigh afterwards.

Once they were outside the tavern, he quietly raised an eyebrow before shrugging and just entering. There didn't seem to be too many customers, but who would go drinking at early noon anyway? "No remorse for me huh?", he joked with her and looked around, until they found a table that looked comfortable near the back corner of the tavern and decided to sit down there. "I don't know if I've even been here before... I ate at the closest tavern to the exit cause I usually did straight after hunts.", Oliver explained with a hand rubbing up and down the back of his head, unsure what he even wanted to eat. Every other time, his technique had been flawless - "Whatever's selling best on the catalogue!" -, but if the 'food wasn't terrible', he would probably have to trust Lilly with it.

"Why don't we get whatever you know works best? And for drinks, I- Uh, some ale, yeah.", he stammered a bit, leaving his preference a bit... general. There seemed to be a hint of red on his cheeks, and he nervously looked back and forth between the employee walking up to them and his partner. By the time she'd gotten there, it was time for the duo to shoot their orders her way. "Aye there! What can I get you two?"

"N-No, it's tears of happiness. I'm... I'm fine with Spike passing away like that. I just miss him a bit.", he told her with a tired laugh, before eventually nodding again. He wiped his tears away on his coat's sleeve, the same quote he'd worn a few days ago when they were attacked. That also meant it was a bit bloodied up inside and the tails on it were torn, but he could change at home. "Yeah, I'm the badass...", he just agreed with her with a chuckle and small smile, heaving a deep sigh afterwards.

Once they were outside the tavern, he quietly raised an eyebrow before shrugging and just entering. There didn't seem to be too many customers, but who would go drinking at early noon anyway? "No remorse for me huh?", he joked with her and looked around, until they found a table that looked comfortable near the back corner of the tavern and decided to sit down there. "I don't know if I've even been here before... I ate at the closest tavern to the exit cause I usually did straight after hunts.", Oliver explained with a hand rubbing up and down the back of his head, unsure what he even wanted to eat. Every other time, his technique had been flawless - "Whatever's selling best on the catalogue!" -, but if the 'food wasn't terrible', he would probably have to trust Lilly with it.

"Why don't we get whatever you know works best? And for drinks, I- Uh, some ale, yeah.", he stammered a bit, leaving his preference a bit... general. There seemed to be a hint of red on his cheeks, and he nervously looked back and forth between the employee walking up to them and his partner. By the time she'd gotten there, it was time for the duo to shoot their orders her way. "Aye there! What can I get you two?"

Lillian takes her seat at the bar with the man after they enter chuckling softly as she took notice of the man's timidity, ordering her food and a mug of meat to drink. He was so awkward she wasn't sure if he was even comfortable in the bar scene though she wouldn't make comment to this as she simply looks at him with a small smile.

"God I missed you kiddo... And you're still bashful as ever... I'm surprised the hunting thing hasn't hardened your skin, though perhaps I wouldn't have recognized you had you changed that much"

As she orders quail soup and Mead she cups her hands around the mug placed in front of her with a satisfied grin before starting to sip at it.

Oliver's blush just got a bit more prevalent as she commented on his behavior, straightening his back and crossing his arms in response. "I'm not bashful, I just... Y-Yeah.", he grumbled lowly and copying her order, bar the mead. When his soup and ale were brought to the table along with hers, his eyes immediately darted to the soup and he dug right in, like a starved animal finally finding food. Truth be told, he hadn't had a proper meal since... Oh gods, it was a while alright. "H-Holy shit it's good.", he commented on the food while scarfing it down, looking up at her to watch her start drinking and freezing up momentarily.

He put his spoon down, clearing his throat and grabbing hold of his own mug as he raised it in the air in a somewhat unusually toasty manner for Ollie. "Aye, uh... Cheers!", he did his best to sound confident and took a sip... No, a pretty good chug out of his drink, before putting the mug back on the table. He seemed to doze off for a moment before letting out a chuckle and looking over at her. "It's not too bad, heheh. Just kinda stings.", he commented on probably its texture, which should have been reason enough for her to realise why he's been acting kinda off.

Oliver's blush just got a bit more prevalent as she commented on his behavior, straightening his back and crossing his arms in response. "I'm not bashful, I just... Y-Yeah.", he grumbled lowly and copying her order, bar the mead. When his soup and ale were brought to the table along with hers, his eyes immediately darted to the soup and he dug right in, like a starved animal finally finding food. Truth be told, he hadn't had a proper meal since... Oh gods, it was a while alright. "H-Holy shit it's good.", he commented on the food while scarfing it down, looking up at her to watch her start drinking and freezing up momentarily.

He put his spoon down, clearing his throat and grabbing hold of his own mug as he raised it in the air in a somewhat unusually toasty manner for Ollie. "Aye, uh... Cheers!", he did his best to sound confident and took a sip... No, a pretty good chug out of his drink, before putting the mug back on the table. He seemed to doze off for a moment before letting out a chuckle and looking over at her. "It's not too bad, heheh. Just kinda stings.", he commented on probably its texture, which should have been reason enough for her to realise why he's been acting kinda off.

Her eyes widening slightly at she looks at the man seeing him eat.

"Ollie... Did you never eat all that time we were at the infirmary? Wait... Have you never had a drink before?"

She paused quickly setting her mug down to state at him surprised

"You don't have to drink it if you don't want to Oliver"

She didn't really know how to respond, taking a bite into her own soup, enjoying it thoroughly as she closed her eyes to savor the bit of quail in her mouth before remembering the conversation at hand and returning her attention back to Oliver

Oliver went back to eating the soup as she asked, letting out another hearty laugh and shaking his head. "No, I ate. I snacked a bit in between your naps and went down by a stall near the infirmary to grab a skewer. I didn't wanna leave you alone too much.", he flat out told her with a grin on his face, eating the rest of the soup up in no time. He raised his hand to ask for seconds, and the waitress quickly obliged.

"You shoulda told me it was this good sooner, don't hold secrets like that Lilly.", Ollie almost complained before downing the rest of the ale in one go. "Nah, I've drunk before. I just can't handle it too well.", he admitted in almost a foreshadowing manner, looking down at the mug as though he was considering a refill. "... Hey, what should I do? Refill? I think it's not as bad as I remembered."

Oliver went back to eating the soup as she asked, letting out another hearty laugh and shaking his head. "No, I ate. I snacked a bit in between your naps and went down by a stall near the infirmary to grab a skewer. I didn't wanna leave you alone too much.", he flat out told her with a grin on his face, eating the rest of the soup up in no time. He raised his hand to ask for seconds, and the waitress quickly obliged.

"You shoulda told me it was this good sooner, don't hold secrets like that Lilly.", Ollie almost complained before downing the rest of the ale in one go. "Nah, I've drunk before. I just can't handle it too well.", he admitted in almost a foreshadowing manner, looking down at the mug as though he was considering a refill. "... Hey, what should I do? Refill? I think it's not as bad as I remembered."

Lilly had a slight look of concern entering her eyes as she watches him clearly not taking well to his drunk, as curious as she was to witness drunk Oliver she didn't want to have to lug him home as a vomiting mess as she only offered a soft chuckle lightly pulling his empty Mug away from the man

"Hey, I just met you again so cut me some slack yeah?"

Tapping the rim of the empty Mug she smirks.

"Now now Ollie... I think I'd rather not lug you home drunk alright skinny boy?"

She had originally not been bothered by getting drunk with him, though the rate in which he was getting tipsy was frankly alarming as she was a smaller woman, taking her Mead like a seasoned drinking champ. Knowing her friend could get very messed up and he didn't even seem to want that judging by his uncertainty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back