• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Culling the Herds [P]

The question would normally hurt most proud men's egos, but none of that was here. Oliver just turned and said, in a manner where she couldn't tell if he was serious or joking. "Nah, no sex. I've never heard anyone say it's half as good as hunting anyway.", and to that he laughed with himself heartily, making himself comfortable as he lay down on the grass. His eyes were still sneaking peeks at her as she moved about and tried to get comfortable, and he offered her a smile.

"You are pretty, yeah. You've got... y'know, your face, and the freckles, and a very good body type. You're great, Lilly.", he complimented her one more time, his words coming off as genuine, because they were. If anything, this just went to bother him more at his inability to follow through with his words, at least right now. The fact he could give her such compliments but in an almost detached from reality manner, was... well, the fruit of his efforts. He was a god damn good hunter, but little else.

Lillian turned on her side to look at Oliver with her head propped up on her hand, wondering quietly to herself before speaking.

"Huh... So you're waiting for love... Thas the best kind"

She said before giving a warm look to him through her drunken gaze he was such a genuine person it brought a warmth to her as she seemed to be nodding off a bit, quickly cuddling into him as he complements her.

"You're... Not so bad yourself t... tallboy"

There was humor in her tone as she cuddled against him starting to fall asleep now.

Oliver grinned at her compliments, thinking to wake her up but maybe it was best not to. He just let her be, until she fell asleep. He himself relaxed and tried to take in the atmosphere, inhaling deeply, and closing his eyes as he exhaled. Today was a lethargic day. Maybe though, some days, are best left like that. Before long, the both of them were asleep, his aching body starting to relax and his muscles loosening up again while the two rested.

Granted, they were in a relatively open space, so they didn't manage to sleep all that much. In grass of all things, it was pretty irritating, and the occasional insect crawling up on whoever dared sleep on their domain made its way up to his face, and tried to invade his nose. Some small ant, but that was enough to get him to wake up with a sneeze, probably an hour or so later at best. When he realised they were still at the park together, he looked down to his side at Lilly and chuckled, shaking her a bit. "Psst. Sleepyhead? Wake up."

Oliver grinned at her compliments, thinking to wake her up but maybe it was best not to. He just let her be, until she fell asleep. He himself relaxed and tried to take in the atmosphere, inhaling deeply, and closing his eyes as he exhaled. Today was a lethargic day. Maybe though, some days, are best left like that. Before long, the both of them were asleep, his aching body starting to relax and his muscles loosening up again while the two rested.

Granted, they were in a relatively open space, so they didn't manage to sleep all that much. In grass of all things, it was pretty irritating, and the occasional insect crawling up on whoever dared sleep on their domain made its way up to his face, and tried to invade his nose. Some small ant, but that was enough to get him to wake up with a sneeze, probably an hour or so later at best. When he realised they were still at the park together, he looked down to his side at Lilly and chuckled, shaking her a bit. "Psst. Sleepyhead? Wake up."

With a groggy groan Lilly brought a hand to her eyes. Still drunk, though certainly more sober than she had been as she seemed to be confused at waking to her head on the man's chest. As soon as she had become aware of their position and location she instinctively scooted away from him wide eyed as she sat up.

"I feel asleep? Shit... S... sorry Ollie"

Looking around them as she began to stand, still swaying a bit before getting her footing and wincing slightly at the sunlight, deciding to cover her eyes until they had adjusted better.

The apology just squeezed another brief laugh out of him as he shook his head, trying to reassure her that it was alright. "We both fell asleep, it's alright. Feeling better?", he asked with a grin, stretching himself and getting up as well. God, it felt uncomfortable to have relaxed so much and fallen asleep on not his bed... or any inn's bed for this matter. His legs were almost numb from how well he'd rested and he felt they would collapse for the first few seconds of numbness.

"I think the playdate was a success, huh?", Oliver smiled at Lilly and rubbed the back fo his neck, looking around and giving himself some more time to uncramp and loosen up. His arms, his back, his neck... now he should be good again. He hops once or twice to make sure he's in shape to be up again, and there he is. "Watcha feel like doing now? Want to just take a walk to freshen up?"

The apology just squeezed another brief laugh out of him as he shook his head, trying to reassure her that it was alright. "We both fell asleep, it's alright. Feeling better?", he asked with a grin, stretching himself and getting up as well. God, it felt uncomfortable to have relaxed so much and fallen asleep on not his bed... or any inn's bed for this matter. His legs were almost numb from how well he'd rested and he felt they would collapse for the first few seconds of numbness.

"I think the playdate was a success, huh?", Oliver smiled at Lilly and rubbed the back fo his neck, looking around and giving himself some more time to uncramp and loosen up. His arms, his back, his neck... now he should be good again. He hops once or twice to make sure he's in shape to be up again, and there he is. "Watcha feel like doing now? Want to just take a walk to freshen up?"

Sitting up the woman rubs her eyes quietly before starting to stand and chuckling herself as he mentioned the playdate was successful before she responded.

"Was it? I don't remember us leaving the Tavern... I recall showing you my arm then I'm afraid the rest is blurry... Did we get kicked out? I broke something didn't I..."

She said with pink in her cheeks as embarrassment began to creep up on her.

"If I was tangled up in a fight I hope I didn't hurt the other guy too badly"

Maybe it was time to change roles right around now. With a mischevious grin slowly creeping on his face, Oliver gave her a nod and put a hand to his chin. "Well, you kinda made me pay half my savings from all the past months because I had to pay for his hospital bill and the three tables you broke, and they also said they don't want us back... But it was funny watching you knock his teeth out~?", he said and barely held back laughter as he watched her reaction, feeling like a kid all over again. Sadly for his little prank, he wasn't too good at covering his lies up, but he made an effort at the very least. Maybe Lilly knew something more than he did for having stayed as childish and playful as she had.

Maybe it was time to change roles right around now. With a mischevious grin slowly creeping on his face, Oliver gave her a nod and put a hand to his chin. "Well, you kinda made me pay half my savings from all the past months because I had to pay for his hospital bill and the three tables you broke, and they also said they don't want us back... But it was funny watching you knock his teeth out~?", he said and barely held back laughter as he watched her reaction, feeling like a kid all over again. Sadly for his little prank, he wasn't too good at covering his lies up, but he made an effort at the very least. Maybe Lilly knew something more than he did for having stayed as childish and playful as she had.

Lillian gave him a wide eyed look of horror as he told the story, she seemed to believe him as she still wasn't completely sober. Looking at him apologetically

"Damn it Ollie... I'm sorry... At least I didn't do what I normally do drunk..."

She sighs to herself almost relived

"I'll pay you back for everything, and apologize to the barmaid. It could have been much worse"

She shakes her head groaning as she brought a hand to her head.

"Let's go walk... I need to move around, sober up a little"

Immediately, Oliver started to feel bad for tricking her like that and with a raise of both his hands, he shook his head apologetically. "N-No no, I-I was joking! You didn't do any of that you uh... you broke the corner of a table, but I paid the barmaid for it so it's alright. You didn't get into a fight or anything.", god, what a mess. He thought she'd have taken more kindly to the joke, but it appeared she was still a bit drunk over it. He agreed with the final comment though. Maybe if she sobered up, she wouldn't try to get in bed with him next time, as flattering as the thought was right now.

"Let's walk and get you to splash some water in your face though. Is there anything you feel like going for? Or you want to call it a day and just take it easy?", he tried to help her up as he stood himself, dusting her clothes before his own. With that, he led them out of the park and started to walk towards the other part of town, where there was a small plaza with a recently added fountain at the center. The technology they'd used to shoot out the water was still fairly new, but it seemed functional enough after trials on end. "Fountain might help you snap out of it, sorry for giving you a scare like that again..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back