• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Culling the Herds [P]

Gary Sue

The One who Vibes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Oliver wasn't quite happy about the sudden change from solo to a party of two, and he had caused a bit of a ruckus trying to get the reason as to why. No matter what he said though, the administration of the head monster hunting organization in town didn't seem to change their mind whatsoever. And there wasn't any solid response he'd manage to beat out of them either. "I can't improve at the same rate with someone else on my party.", "I don't need somebody else, I can do the job on my own too." , "I can't cooperate with just anyone because you asked me to if I don't know why." - nothing. If anything, all he'd managed to do was get a job request, which meant his teammate was going to be there soon enough. He let out an exasperated sigh and tapped his foot on the floor impatiently, with his arms crossed.

His outfit was the same he usually wore, and he'd made sure to fit the two sheaths snuggly on the side of his hip. The one with the actual steel sword he used for combat, and a smaller one to hold the hilt of the magical sword his uncle had given him a few years back. "The request's nothing out of the ordinary either, so why is grouping up even necessary? If my teammate is half as insistent as I've been on doing things their own way, we won't get anywhere at all, even with this small fry...", his complaining didn't stop even as he waited, looking about the entrance to keep himself occupied until his new partner arrived. His worst fear was being assigned someone that didn't know their way around the job more than anything else, because he knew he couldn't teach them anywhere near as well as his uncle had taught him.

Practically throughout the ten or so minute wait his eyes were scanning the requests for the newer recruits, which mostly consisted of taking down numbers of smaller monsters rather than the larger, more dangerous ones. Just when he'd finished reading through all of them, he heard the door open and looked over his shoulder, only to be left with his eyes wide open. "... She looks like...", Oliver blinked a few times and turned to fully face her with a small smile on his face, and he asked with a hopeful voice. "Lily? Is that you? You're... your arm.", he found himself stuttering like an idiot, taken by surprise too much to articulate a proper sentence. If only he knew his partner earlier, this whole situation would have been avoided, but maybe this was for the better.

Name: Oliver Windsor
Race: Caucasian
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Green
Height: 178cm/5'8"
Personality: Oliver has always been a workaholic as far as monster hunting is concerned. He never enjoyed taking long breaks without going out on a request or training to work on his own abilities, and even at the top of his game, he feels there's still much room for improvement. That being said, he's hyperfocused on training and hasn't paid his social life too much attention. He's lost contact with many because of this, and has been working solo due to being rough around the edges after all this time.
Backstory: Ever since a kid, Oliver had always fantasized about becoming a monster hunter, just like his uncle. With his father and mother trying to look for a safer future, he got proper education and even met a lot of people in the process. His mind was unchanged though, and he eventually went on to train under his uncle, taking any classes and trips necessary to polish his skills until he was ready to take it on as a real job. Although his uncle has retired, he's left one of his personal treasures to Oliver, a magical sword hilt that his own mentor had passed on to him. Ever since, he's been putting all his best efforts into getting better, and now he stands at the top, although he still doesn't feel 'accomplished' with his results.
Magic: The one thing Ollie was never good at was magic. He could never cast any spells, despite having an ample supply of energy. Thankfully, the magical sword passed on to him by his uncle fed on energy in order to form a green, glowing blade, which cut through everything. Rather than damaging them though, it simply wore them out and caused exhaustion, making it the ideal weapon for hunting.
Weapons: Alongside his magical sword, Ollie always carries a normal, steel blade around, and a small hunting knife in case he needs to forage or carve anything on the field.
1650914875933.png1650914885802.png

Name: Lillian Kabal
Race: Arabian/Indian
Hair Color: Brown
Height: 5'5
Personality: Lillian has had a reputation of being an outspoken, adventurous woman from even her childhood, tending to find herself in trouble only to just as easily find her way out of it. Lilly's priority is survival, and ensuring the survival of the human race as a whole. Lillian is a kind and gentle sort, quick to address the needs of others before her own.
Backstory: Raised by her father in a small hunting post in the woodlands, Lillian never got the opportunity to leave her father's side until coming of age, quickly following in her father's footsteps to become a hunter so she could feed that adventurous soul of hers.
Magic: While she never learned to use magic, her mother had taught her some alchemy for healing when she was a girl, before her mother's death.
Weapons: Using throwing knives for smaller beasts is preferred for her, however for larger beasts she has duel daggers which she could use as she moved quickly around the monster she fights. Being more agile, she was never quite strong enough for larger weapons.
1650915008420.png

Oliver wasn't quite happy about the sudden change from solo to a party of two, and he had caused a bit of a ruckus trying to get the reason as to why. No matter what he said though, the administration of the head monster hunting organization in town didn't seem to change their mind whatsoever. And there wasn't any solid response he'd manage to beat out of them either. "I can't improve at the same rate with someone else on my party.", "I don't need somebody else, I can do the job on my own too." , "I can't cooperate with just anyone because you asked me to if I don't know why." - nothing. If anything, all he'd managed to do was get a job request, which meant his teammate was going to be there soon enough. He let out an exasperated sigh and tapped his foot on the floor impatiently, with his arms crossed.

His outfit was the same he usually wore, and he'd made sure to fit the two sheaths snuggly on the side of his hip. The one with the actual steel sword he used for combat, and a smaller one to hold the hilt of the magical sword his uncle had given him a few years back. "The request's nothing out of the ordinary either, so why is grouping up even necessary? If my teammate is half as insistent as I've been on doing things their own way, we won't get anywhere at all, even with this small fry...", his complaining didn't stop even as he waited, looking about the entrance to keep himself occupied until his new partner arrived. His worst fear was being assigned someone that didn't know their way around the job more than anything else, because he knew he couldn't teach them anywhere near as well as his uncle had taught him.

Practically throughout the ten or so minute wait his eyes were scanning the requests for the newer recruits, which mostly consisted of taking down numbers of smaller monsters rather than the larger, more dangerous ones. Just when he'd finished reading through all of them, he heard the door open and looked over his shoulder, only to be left with his eyes wide open. "... She looks like...", Oliver blinked a few times and turned to fully face her with a small smile on his face, and he asked with a hopeful voice. "Lily? Is that you? You're... your arm.", he found himself stuttering like an idiot, taken by surprise too much to articulate a proper sentence. If only he knew his partner earlier, this whole situation would have been avoided, but maybe this was for the better.

Name: Oliver Windsor
Race: Caucasian
Hair Color: White
Height: 178cm/5'8"
Personality: Oliver has always been a workaholic as far as monster hunting is concerned. He never enjoyed taking long breaks without going out on a request or training to work on his own abilities, and even at the top of his game, he feels there's still much room for improvement. That being said, he's hyperfocused on training and hasn't paid his social life too much attention. He's lost contact with many because of this, and has been working solo due to being rough around the edges after all this time.
Backstory: Ever since a kid, Oliver had always fantasized about becoming a monster hunter, just like his uncle. With his father and mother trying to look for a safer future, he got proper education and even met a lot of people in the process. His mind was unchanged though, and he eventually went on to train under his uncle, taking any classes and trips necessary to polish his skills until he was ready to take it on as a real job. Although his uncle has retired, he's left one of his personal treasures to Oliver, a magical sword hilt that his own mentor had passed on to him. Ever since, he's been putting all his best efforts into getting better, and now he stands at the top, although he still doesn't feel 'accomplished' with his results.
Magic: The one thing Ollie was never good at was magic. He could never cast any spells, despite having an ample supply of energy. Thankfully, the magical sword passed on to him by his uncle fed on energy in order to form a green, glowing blade, which cut through everything. Rather than damaging them though, it simply wore them out and caused exhaustion, making it the ideal weapon for hunting.
Weapons: Alongside his magical sword, Ollie always carries a normal, steel blade around, and a small hunting knife in case he needs to forage or carve anything on the field.

Name: Lillian Kabal
Race: Arabian/Indian
Hair Color: Brown
Height: 5'5
Personality: Lillian has had a reputation of being an outspoken, adventurous woman from even her childhood, tending to find herself in trouble only to just as easily find her way out of it. Lilly's priority is survival, and ensuring the survival of the human race as a whole. Lillian is a kind and gentle sort, quick to address the needs of others before her own.
Backstory: Raised by her father in a small hunting post in the woodlands, Lillian never got the opportunity to leave her father's side until coming of age, quickly following in her father's footsteps to become a hunter so she could feed that adventurous soul of hers.
Magic: While she never learned to use magic, her mother had taught her some alchemy for healing when she was a girl, before her mother's death.
Weapons: Using throwing knives for smaller beasts is preferred for her, however for larger beasts she has duel daggers which she could use as she moved quickly around the monster she fights. Being more agile, she was never quite strong enough for larger weapons.

Lillian had been given an assignment, she of course didn't intend to let down her father or Superiors within the hunters community for that matter. Though being required to take a partner for such a mission was certainly odd for her. What exactly did they have to hunt that one person couldn't take down on their own? The woman's imagination was buzzing with anticipation at what sort of beast she might be hunting as she entered the lodge with her travel pack over her arm, her prosthetic hand gripping to the handle of the pack casually.

She didn't have her attention set on anyone in particular though her deep green eyes fixed on a young man as he approached her, blinking a few times with confusion as she hadn't been focused on what he had said, unsure what the stranger had said to her as she snapped back to reality just in time to hear the words 'your arm'

Lillian stared at the man quietly a moment before squinting, switching hands to hold the pack before casually resting her prosthetic arm behind her back to hide it from him.

"I beg your pardon sir?"

She breathes with slight irritation before blinking at him, why did he seem familiar to her? It was then that the light bulb went off and she gasped, grinning slightly as she recognized Oliver, no longer that wild child she had known last they met, though she had also left her own baby face behind when she laughed.

"No way! Ollie? You got old!"

She teased as she rustled his hair playfully as she would when they were kids. Even sticking out her tongue at him.

"Now I'll just have to teach you everything I've learned over the last sixteen years!"

Upon hearing his nickname, he laughed in return and gave a smile from ear to ear, closing his eyes as she ruffled his hair. "I thought we wouldn't meet again with how long it's been, damn!", he shared and opened his eyes again, placing both of his hands inside of his jacket's pockets and offering a toothy grin. "I didn't expect you to actually go through with the whole monster hunting gig.", the vanguard shared with his childhood friend, although the same could very well also be said about him. Still though, it bewildered him to think that they'd actually reached a point in time where both of them were in the same place again, let alone the same profession.

Her arrival hadn't made everything click together yet, so he looked around before over at the recruit board. "Are you here to pick out a quest? The board's stacked. I'm waiting on my partner for an assignment, but...", Oliver quietly looked to the side, tapping his foot on the ground for a moment before shaking his head and looking at Lillian again. "Damn, you didn't get that much taller all this time.", he joked with a smug grin at their height difference, now having the high ground, literally and not, for once. Although he wasn't miffed about being shoved into a party anymore, he could hardly focus on anything but the sheer coincidence of running into her now. "I can always ask about her arm later. I wonder what happened though...", he pondered quietly, feeling- and looking- noticeably more excited now than he did when she'd first entered the headquarters.

Upon hearing his nickname, he laughed in return and gave a smile from ear to ear, closing his eyes as she ruffled his hair. "I thought we wouldn't meet again with how long it's been, damn!", he shared and opened his eyes again, placing both of his hands inside of his jacket's pockets and offering a toothy grin. "I didn't expect you to actually go through with the whole monster hunting gig.", the vanguard shared with his childhood friend, although the same could very well also be said about him. Still though, it bewildered him to think that they'd actually reached a point in time where both of them were in the same place again, let alone the same profession.

Her arrival hadn't made everything click together yet, so he looked around before over at the recruit board. "Are you here to pick out a quest? The board's stacked. I'm waiting on my partner for an assignment, but...", Oliver quietly looked to the side, tapping his foot on the ground for a moment before shaking his head and looking at Lillian again. "Damn, you didn't get that much taller all this time.", he joked with a smug grin at their height difference, now having the high ground, literally and not, for once. Although he wasn't miffed about being shoved into a party anymore, he could hardly focus on anything but the sheer coincidence of running into her now. "I can always ask about her arm later. I wonder what happened though...", he pondered quietly, feeling- and looking- noticeably more excited now than he did when she'd first entered the headquarters.

She chuckled at hearing his doubts, her arms crossing and a brow lifting to Oliver.

"You know how my father is... I would never have been allowed to leave the cabin if It wasn't for hunting... My old man's life is killing beasts and protecting his little girl. You wouldn't believe how many contracts I had to complete before he would trust me to hunt again after this..."

She said gesturing to her arm then closing her eyes and shaking her head

"Being a bad ass does come with it's battle scars... And parental protectiveness to be constantly warded off."

As hearing his reason for being at the lodge the woman's eyes flashed excited

"You're waiting for your partner? I was requested for an assignment with a partner as well! Just looking for the sorry sucker who's lucky enough to be paired with me!"

She laughed with excitement starting to look at the board before hearing her friend tease her height, lightly punching his arm while looking up at him, her face fixed in a light hearted snarl as she scoffed.

"I have vague memories of you being born, you may have grown up but you're still my little brother up here."

She laughed tapping her head lightly. She didn't remember his birth date clearly, though she was only a toddler when her mother had delivered Oliver. Growing up the daughter of a midwife and skilled alchemist had resulted in their parents being very close back when the two were small, the town they had been born wasn't very big after all.

Looking at her hand, Oliver's smile faded and turned into a small frown. At least she didn't seem too beat up over it, which was... definitely more than what he assumed he'd be able to say about himself. She quickly put him back in high spirits though with the jab at his arm, getting a chuckle out of him before he teased again. "More like down there.", he took great pleasure in making fun of their height difference again, puffing his own chest up a bit and letting out a deep exhale after. "Say, what's your request say on it?", he tried to exchange some information about one another's trips, quietly running a mental check with his eyes looking towards the ceiling and nodding to himself before he focused his gaze on her again.

"I've-... Me and whoever have been tasked to take care of a Skolver. I thought we'd get something more on the high end, but... They're probably giving me easy stuff to test the waters.", he huffed and looked back at the reception desk a bit further behind the two, thinking about something momentarily before looking back to her. "Tell you what, two minutes.", Oliver asked with a small bow of his head and headed on over to the desk, seemingly complaining about whatever partner he was waiting for the past few minutes. Although it wasn't quite loud enough to be heard clearly, whatever the clerk had said calmed him down a bit too suddenly. And within a minute, the younger hunter was back with an awkward look on his face and a hand stretched to Lillian. "... I guess you're stuck with me for a while huh.", and with those words came a grin of... words couldn't really describe the mix of embarrassment and gratefulness. "S-Sorry, not sure how else to break it to you. We're the team.". Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't all bad after all.

Looking at her hand, Oliver's smile faded and turned into a small frown. At least she didn't seem too beat up over it, which was... definitely more than what he assumed he'd be able to say about himself. She quickly put him back in high spirits though with the jab at his arm, getting a chuckle out of him before he teased again. "More like down there.", he took great pleasure in making fun of their height difference again, puffing his own chest up a bit and letting out a deep exhale after. "Say, what's your request say on it?", he tried to exchange some information about one another's trips, quietly running a mental check with his eyes looking towards the ceiling and nodding to himself before he focused his gaze on her again.

"I've-... Me and whoever have been tasked to take care of a Skolver. I thought we'd get something more on the high end, but... They're probably giving me easy stuff to test the waters.", he huffed and looked back at the reception desk a bit further behind the two, thinking about something momentarily before looking back to her. "Tell you what, two minutes.", Oliver asked with a small bow of his head and headed on over to the desk, seemingly complaining about whatever partner he was waiting for the past few minutes. Although it wasn't quite loud enough to be heard clearly, whatever the clerk had said calmed him down a bit too suddenly. And within a minute, the younger hunter was back with an awkward look on his face and a hand stretched to Lillian. "... I guess you're stuck with me for a while huh.", and with those words came a grin of... words couldn't really describe the mix of embarrassment and gratefulness. "S-Sorry, not sure how else to break it to you. We're the team.". Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't all bad after all.

Rolling her eyes at his comment on her height she blows a raspberry

"Sure I'm short... Have your fun, I'm short, missing an arm and willing to bet that I'm still the better hunter"

Looking at him with a teasing smile for a moment before checking her request, reading it quietly before noticing the listed prey was in fact a Skolver as well. She began to open her mouth to tell Oliver about this though as she looks up he had already left for the reception desk to which Lillian simply waiting. Until seeing the man beginning to return to her, extending his hand to her as he seemed a bit embarrassed '... I guess you're stuck with me for a while huh.' was the phrasing he used to witch her eyes would light up. They would have a chance to work together, catch up even. Perhaps make other contacts so not to loose each other for yet another decade. So much had happened in the past sixteen years... She would have to really learn about Oliver since he had only been a boy when she knew him, he was bound to have changed a great deal.

"Wonderful! Then let us waste no time! I'm eager to see if you became a decent hunter"

Her hand going to the hilt of one of her daggers

Although the swordsman wasn't quite sure about her skills, he knew that she'd be good at worst. "... I am definitely getting no training out of this. We'll chop the poor thing up accidentally.", he let out a long sigh, giving her a nod and resting a hand on one of the two sword hilts hanging by his hip. "Aye, decent sounds right.", he agreed with her maybe a bit too humbly, gesturing for her to follow and walking out of the headquarters. As soon as he stepped out he took a breath of fresh air, stretching and clapping his hands energetically. "Says one of the Skolvers from the mountains a bit further away was sighted near the forest. Let's go clean up.", he reminded her of the request and started heading towards the exit of the town that led to the forest the fastest.

With the pine trees standing tall and a few bushes in the way, it'd be easy to spot the massive beast wrecking havoc or hunting. Plus, the soil was soft enough that it was bound to leave behind a trail they could easily follow. "They tend to be pretty durable, so how do you deal with them?", Oliver asked as the two walked, looking over his shoulder with a curious look on his face. Due to how thick their skin was, he had no chance dealing any real damage to it without exhausting it first, so his magical sword wore it down and then he went to town on it with his sword. If she used daggers though, it might have been harder for her. Then again, she always seemed like a more tactical person, so...

Although the swordsman wasn't quite sure about her skills, he knew that she'd be good at worst. "... I am definitely getting no training out of this. We'll chop the poor thing up accidentally.", he let out a long sigh, giving her a nod and resting a hand on one of the two sword hilts hanging by his hip. "Aye, decent sounds right.", he agreed with her maybe a bit too humbly, gesturing for her to follow and walking out of the headquarters. As soon as he stepped out he took a breath of fresh air, stretching and clapping his hands energetically. "Says one of the Skolvers from the mountains a bit further away was sighted near the forest. Let's go clean up.", he reminded her of the request and started heading towards the exit of the town that led to the forest the fastest.

With the pine trees standing tall and a few bushes in the way, it'd be easy to spot the massive beast wrecking havoc or hunting. Plus, the soil was soft enough that it was bound to leave behind a trail they could easily follow. "They tend to be pretty durable, so how do you deal with them?", Oliver asked as the two walked, looking over his shoulder with a curious look on his face. Due to how thick their skin was, he had no chance dealing any real damage to it without exhausting it first, so his magical sword wore it down and then he went to town on it with his sword. If she used daggers though, it might have been harder for her. Then again, she always seemed like a more tactical person, so...

Lilly followed him with a soft laugh smiling to him as they left the building, stepping into the sunlight. The huntress closing her eyes peacefully at the warmth.

"I'm sure you're as skilled as your uncle years ago."

As she walked along with him she looked to the mountains they had been tasked to get to, making her way towards the mighty stone giant where they would hunt

"I wonder why two skilled hunters are needed for one Skolver... Perhaps this one's a bit rowdy?"

They walked through the forest now, a place where Lillian felt most comfortable, having been raised by her father in the forest since she was Ten. She knew each and every herb and plant, what they could be used for, thanks to the training of her mother before she passed. She blinks away from her thoughts at hearing Oliver ask her about her tactics to which she gave a toothy grin.

"I move too quickly for most beasts, but I start by weakening them enough to make the kill. For many beasts I start by blinding them, once they're unable to see me I attack joints until they're unable to move. After that I can make a swift kill without risk"

He appreciated the confidence she had in him, but started to lose his own when he heard how brutally she went about her hunts. "Holy shit, remind me to not get on your bad side.", he remarked and shivered, looking at her quietly with an eyebrow raised before back at the path ahead of them. It wasn't more than two minutes from where they were before they'd already start seeing scratch marks on the trees and hearing rustling from further down, where there was a small slope. Looking up above it, it wasn't hard to spot the Skolver's canine-like figure fleeing further into the forest, probably hunting something. "I see it.", Oliver said and grinned, resting a hand on his magical sword's hilt and jumping onto the slope, riding it down without any hesitation. He was sure Lillian would do the same... right?

When the ground started to even out again, he could see it in the distance attacking something with its muscular forearm's claws. The vanguard quietly began to approach it from a slightly crouched position, stopping in his tracks to check behind him and be sure his partner was following along without any issue. He knew he could be hasty about it, so he'd rather make a habit of it sooner than later. If Lily wasn't upset about it, she would probably think back to when they were children and he always became hyperactive when anybody dared mention 'monsters'. He turned back to the gray monster in the distance, watching it ram its sharp horns into whatever it was attacking, delivering the finishing blow with a yelp from the poor creature. "It'll have its guard down probably. Let's get close to it."

He appreciated the confidence she had in him, but started to lose his own when he heard how brutally she went about her hunts. "Holy shit, remind me to not get on your bad side.", he remarked and shivered, looking at her quietly with an eyebrow raised before back at the path ahead of them. It wasn't more than two minutes from where they were before they'd already start seeing scratch marks on the trees and hearing rustling from further down, where there was a small slope. Looking up above it, it wasn't hard to spot the Skolver's canine-like figure fleeing further into the forest, probably hunting something. "I see it.", Oliver said and grinned, resting a hand on his magical sword's hilt and jumping onto the slope, riding it down without any hesitation. He was sure Lillian would do the same... right?

When the ground started to even out again, he could see it in the distance attacking something with its muscular forearm's claws. The vanguard quietly began to approach it from a slightly crouched position, stopping in his tracks to check behind him and be sure his partner was following along without any issue. He knew he could be hasty about it, so he'd rather make a habit of it sooner than later. If Lily wasn't upset about it, she would probably think back to when they were children and he always became hyperactive when anybody dared mention 'monsters'. He turned back to the gray monster in the distance, watching it ram its sharp horns into whatever it was attacking, delivering the finishing blow with a yelp from the poor creature. "It'll have its guard down probably. Let's get close to it."

Smirking up to him slightly as he looks at her with almost a twinge of fear before she giggled.

"If you get on my bad side be warned I can be rather petty to those who aren't monsters. My methods sound cruel but I Might as well put them down before they can put me down. I don't have strength to rely on so I have to use agility... A quick death for the creature isn't always an option when you're not very strong"

She admitted with a shrug at the fact she had to resort to slowly disabling her prey in many cases, though she could use her mechanical arm to throw knives through chests or heads if the animal didn't have natural armor. She paused, crouching as they reached a ledge where Ollie spoke 'I See it' before starting to slide quickly down the earth. Watching his quick motion Lillian was quick to copy it, pulling up her hood as they reached the level ground. She kept herself low to the ground, pulling two throwing knives from her belt, eyes focused on the animal as she whispered.

"I can disable it long enough to keep it from attacking you... You can make the kill quick that way"

She whispered to him, watching his hand go to the enchanted sword.

Oliver would have continued asking on what she meant by 'petty', but he was somewhat too scared to ask. It's not like he was that much stronger without a sword, but she made for a good point. "No, it's okay, I've got it." was the first thing that came on his mind as a natural response, but thankfully he held himself back and looked at her hand holding the two knives, before raising his eyes to look at Lillian. "This one doesn't cut, it tires them. If you're going to disable it, I'll use my normal one instead. Its legs are my biggest issue cause one punch is enough for me to get knocked out if it's precise with it.", he told his friend, and turned back at the monster, who was now feasting with its successful catch.

He turned back to the rogue and gave her a nod, before quietly starting to approach closer and closer with his right hand slowly pulling out his steel blade, its tip pointed at the ground. The swordsman went from tree to tree, trying to get to the Skolver's blind spot to launch a surprise attack as soon as his partner were to engage the beast. This would be a quick and easy kill, and he knew it. Even if it were to take notice of the two, either one could fight it one on one and prevail with ease. Ollie turned to his childhood friend quietly and gave her a nod with a completely neutral expression on his face, as if asking her to engage the encounter whenever she could.

Oliver would have continued asking on what she meant by 'petty', but he was somewhat too scared to ask. It's not like he was that much stronger without a sword, but she made for a good point. "No, it's okay, I've got it." was the first thing that came on his mind as a natural response, but thankfully he held himself back and looked at her hand holding the two knives, before raising his eyes to look at Lillian. "This one doesn't cut, it tires them. If you're going to disable it, I'll use my normal one instead. Its legs are my biggest issue cause one punch is enough for me to get knocked out if it's precise with it.", he told his friend, and turned back at the monster, who was now feasting with its successful catch.

He turned back to the rogue and gave her a nod, before quietly starting to approach closer and closer with his right hand slowly pulling out his steel blade, its tip pointed at the ground. The swordsman went from tree to tree, trying to get to the Skolver's blind spot to launch a surprise attack as soon as his partner were to engage the beast. This would be a quick and easy kill, and he knew it. Even if it were to take notice of the two, either one could fight it one on one and prevail with ease. Ollie turned to his childhood friend quietly and gave her a nod with a completely neutral expression on his face, as if asking her to engage the encounter whenever she could.

Lilly nods quietly to him, scaling a tree quick and moving along the branches towards the beast while staying as quiet as she could. She positions herself so to be ready for the ambush when her green eyes meet his from under her hood, seeing him nod slowly she smirks and quickly leaps from her hiding spot, throwing two knives with her false arm, the machine hissing softly as it threw the knives with great pressure, the two blades stabbing through the beasts front feet, pinning it into the carcass it was feeding from. As she continues to fall towards the creature she screams with a sort of battle cry, kicking the brute in the jaw and causing it to dislocate before she lands on her feet, her real hand touching the ground to help seal her landing as her cloak settled around her.

She turned quickly on her heals, drawing her Daggers as she waited for her partner to make his move on the monster.

Even when his face was almost stone cold and his guts had been steeled, he flinched for a moment seeing what the poor monster had just suffered through. Once she was done attacking it, he ran in to go for the kill, the monster's long but strong tail whipping right towards him as soon as it heard something approaching from behind. With a swift movement, Oliver slid below the tail and barely dodged the attack, going straight for the head. It was then though that the Skolver angrily pulled one of its front feet away from the carcass, blood starting to ooze out of its wound. It lifted its arm and in a very telegraphed manner, threw a punch at the swordsman.

With its other arm still being pinned to the ground though, he dodged it with ease and moved in under its foreleg, slashing upwards at the underside of his neck and murmuring something lowly to himself as his blade made out of the monster. He moved away from the beast that howled in pain before dropping to the ground, a small pool of blood starting to form under its head. "This has to be the messiest kill in a long time.", he complained to himself quietly, whipping his blade to the side to clean it as much as he could, sheathing it and taking out the hunting knife to carve out proof they finished the request, as was customary. "Lily, you... That arm is cheating.", Ollie said nervously and laughed, before swallowing dryly.

As he got back up on his feet with a fang and claw in his hand, he turned back to look at his partner and then back to the dead Skolver's other arm. "You pinned its fucking arm down like it was nothing with a knife.", he explained quietly and rather hesitantly, letting out a concerned sigh. "How strong is the thing? You could literally snap my sword in half at that point, hell, you could even beat it to death with one arm."

Even when his face was almost stone cold and his guts had been steeled, he flinched for a moment seeing what the poor monster had just suffered through. Once she was done attacking it, he ran in to go for the kill, the monster's long but strong tail whipping right towards him as soon as it heard something approaching from behind. With a swift movement, Oliver slid below the tail and barely dodged the attack, going straight for the head. It was then though that the Skolver angrily pulled one of its front feet away from the carcass, blood starting to ooze out of its wound. It lifted its arm and in a very telegraphed manner, threw a punch at the swordsman.

With its other arm still being pinned to the ground though, he dodged it with ease and moved in under its foreleg, slashing upwards at the underside of his neck and murmuring something lowly to himself as his blade made out of the monster. He moved away from the beast that howled in pain before dropping to the ground, a small pool of blood starting to form under its head. "This has to be the messiest kill in a long time.", he complained to himself quietly, whipping his blade to the side to clean it as much as he could, sheathing it and taking out the hunting knife to carve out proof they finished the request, as was customary. "Lily, you... That arm is cheating.", Ollie said nervously and laughed, before swallowing dryly.

As he got back up on his feet with a fang and claw in his hand, he turned back to look at his partner and then back to the dead Skolver's other arm. "You pinned its fucking arm down like it was nothing with a knife.", he explained quietly and rather hesitantly, letting out a concerned sigh. "How strong is the thing? You could literally snap my sword in half at that point, hell, you could even beat it to death with one arm."

Lillian stood where she was as her partner stepped into the fight with his weapon, she watches him move with grace and strength as he makes the kill her eyebrows lifting as she watches him. He was skilled, this she couldn't deny as she smiled slightly though he seemed troubled, his expression going to the animal with sympathy bad she began to sense the man didn't approve of her tactics. She sheathing her own weapons as he finished the beast. Keeping her hood on so to only slightly obscure her own mildly confused expression. She looks away from him hoping to avoid awkward eye contact.

She huffed softly to herself as he mentioned her arm was cheating. She suddenly got a lump in her throat at hearing this before looking to him again now seemingly a little hurt. Her arm wasn't even hers, this was a handicap she had learned to live with, not some enhancement she sought out.

"Cheating? Ollie. I don't have an arm, I use the resources I've been given... Nothing more. I told you I could make the kill easy for you and I did just that."

Her face lowered as he continues to comment on the prosthetic. Looking at her artificial hand with her hood covering her expression. She felt scolded, it had been aged since someone had scolded her, but for a her childhood best friend to scold her only made her too embarrassed to answer as she huffed softly

"I don't know how strong it is Oliver. Let's just go, the mission was successful."

It didn't take more than rubbing two brain cells together to realise he'd fucked up in trying to express himself. He took a step closer and pit a hand on her shoulder, smiling and hoping he'd be able to right this wrong. "No, that's not what I meant! You're good, you're way too fucking good.", he said with another laugh of both nervousness and excitement. "I thought we'd be at the same level at best but you're literally way ahead. Your arm looks great and you can do things nobody can because of it!", encouraging words came out one after the other, although now Oliver had to hope his social ineptitude wasn't letting him down yet again.

The swordsman went quiet for a moment, trying to find a way to word his thoughts without coming off as rude again. "You could pin both my hands or block attacks with it, you're way better than anyone I've seen so far. I was surprised by how fast and easy it became because of you. I'm not... used to the whole team thing.", the vanguard hoped to ease her mind, but he couldn't really see her expression due to her face being lowered and her hood having been thrown on, which made the few seconds he had to wait to get a response out of her nerve racking. A small breeze had picked up at this point to break the silence, with grass and leaves rustling as he tried to lower his own head a bit and take a good look at her.

It didn't take more than rubbing two brain cells together to realise he'd fucked up in trying to express himself. He took a step closer and pit a hand on her shoulder, smiling and hoping he'd be able to right this wrong. "No, that's not what I meant! You're good, you're way too fucking good.", he said with another laugh of both nervousness and excitement. "I thought we'd be at the same level at best but you're literally way ahead. Your arm looks great and you can do things nobody can because of it!", encouraging words came out one after the other, although now Oliver had to hope his social ineptitude wasn't letting him down yet again.

The swordsman went quiet for a moment, trying to find a way to word his thoughts without coming off as rude again. "You could pin both my hands or block attacks with it, you're way better than anyone I've seen so far. I was surprised by how fast and easy it became because of you. I'm not... used to the whole team thing.", the vanguard hoped to ease her mind, but he couldn't really see her expression due to her face being lowered and her hood having been thrown on, which made the few seconds he had to wait to get a response out of her nerve racking. A small breeze had picked up at this point to break the silence, with grass and leaves rustling as he tried to lower his own head a bit and take a good look at her.

As she had begun to Walk away she paused feeling a hand on her shoulder, looking to him quietly. He could see her face clearly as she lifts her eyes to his. He hadn't meant to offend her as she offered a somewhat forced smile, chuckling dryly at his quick talking before she finally spoke.

"Ollie it's okay... I'm a bit used to it, people thinking the arm is weird or even dangerous... It's just a machine I don't really care if it scares some."

She rolls her shoulders shaking off the embarrassment before pulling her hood off her head.

"You're very skilled yourself, I can tell you've trained hard with that sword of yours"

Gesturing to the blade on the man's waist before looking up to his face again, her eyes meeting his as she smiled more warmly now. He was nervous, about offending her perhaps? She used her real hand to reach up to ruffle his white hair. His reaction to the mechanical arm wasn't unusual, she had gotten similar responses from others who felt her disability was shameful or having a machine for a limb made her have an unfair advantage, he hadn't seen her with it before today so Lillian was more understanding to how he would stare or even not know how to talk about it.

"You're a better hunter for not needing an arm with super strength to be successful."

She added trying to return the encouragement to her friend before continuing to walk

"I'm not used to partners either... It's been ages since I've taken a job where a partner was required"

Just looking at her reactions and expression, Ollie felt like he'd been stabbed right in the gut. "I fucked up.", he thought to himself and frowned, looking at her arm and then back down to the ground quietly. It wasn't until she placed a hand on his head that he looked back up at her though, that he felt his eyes start tearing up. "N-No, Lily that's not...", he mumbled weakly, feeling the pain in his gut just dig deeper and deeper when she admitted that 'she was cheating'. He quietly looked at her back and stayed behind for a moment, letting out a shaky exhale as his eyes looked dead at the ground. Twigs were snapping in the background and the breeze was getting a bit louder and faster, before it went back to being calm and soothing.

"... Maybe that's why I was never given a team.", he berated himself and looked to wherever the twig snapping seemed to be coming from, staying still as Lillian kept walking back towards the hill they came from. He could see something in the distance, but the tears that had welled up were getting in the way. He wiped his eyes with his right arm and squinted to see what it was, but it was already too close. "What the..?!", Oliver snapped out of it and reached for both his swords, holding the magical one with his right hand and the ordinary one backwards with his left, planning on blocking the charge from the enormous Skolver headed their way. Within a matter of seconds, a metallic clank was heard and the swordsman had been knocked a fair bit back, holding his blade against the monster's teeth. "Lily!", he shouted to her nervously, feeling cold beads of sweat start to form.

Unlike the Skolver they had just killed and every other one they'd seen, this one was... different. It was almost double the size of a bear, with claws hard enough to parry with the boy's blades without a problem. Its fangs were much longer than most Skolvers, and its fur wasn't brown, but a dark gray. Its red eyes glared straight at the hunter's green orbs, as he sheathed his uncle's blade and held the steel one with both hands. Even so though, he was being pushed back, despite giving it his all. "The hell is wrong with this one?! How did it..?!", he tried to figure how this one had grown so much differently to the others, while the beast dug its muscular, thick legs into the ground and tried to pin Oliver to the ground. If the previous one was an easy kill, this one would be nothing like it. Its body seemed too thick to be slashed half as easily as the one before, and its features indicated it was at the very least a force to be reckoned with. "Help me get it off my back and let's retreat for now!", he shouted at her almost in panic, throwing a quick and desperate glance over his shoulder.

Just looking at her reactions and expression, Ollie felt like he'd been stabbed right in the gut. "I fucked up.", he thought to himself and frowned, looking at her arm and then back down to the ground quietly. It wasn't until she placed a hand on his head that he looked back up at her though, that he felt his eyes start tearing up. "N-No, Lily that's not...", he mumbled weakly, feeling the pain in his gut just dig deeper and deeper when she admitted that 'she was cheating'. He quietly looked at her back and stayed behind for a moment, letting out a shaky exhale as his eyes looked dead at the ground. Twigs were snapping in the background and the breeze was getting a bit louder and faster, before it went back to being calm and soothing.

"... Maybe that's why I was never given a team.", he berated himself and looked to wherever the twig snapping seemed to be coming from, staying still as Lillian kept walking back towards the hill they came from. He could see something in the distance, but the tears that had welled up were getting in the way. He wiped his eyes with his right arm and squinted to see what it was, but it was already too close. "What the..?!", Oliver snapped out of it and reached for both his swords, holding the magical one with his right hand and the ordinary one backwards with his left, planning on blocking the charge from the enormous Skolver headed their way. Within a matter of seconds, a metallic clank was heard and the swordsman had been knocked a fair bit back, holding his blade against the monster's teeth. "Lily!", he shouted to her nervously, feeling cold beads of sweat start to form.

Unlike the Skolver they had just killed and every other one they'd seen, this one was... different. It was almost double the size of a bear, with claws hard enough to parry with the boy's blades without a problem. Its fangs were much longer than most Skolvers, and its fur wasn't brown, but a dark gray. Its red eyes glared straight at the hunter's green orbs, as he sheathed his uncle's blade and held the steel one with both hands. Even so though, he was being pushed back, despite giving it his all. "The hell is wrong with this one?! How did it..?!", he tried to figure how this one had grown so much differently to the others, while the beast dug its muscular, thick legs into the ground and tried to pin Oliver to the ground. If the previous one was an easy kill, this one would be nothing like it. Its body seemed too thick to be slashed half as easily as the one before, and its features indicated it was at the very least a force to be reckoned with. "Help me get it off my back and let's retreat for now!", he shouted at her almost in panic, throwing a quick and desperate glance over his shoulder.

As she had begun to lead the way back she heard Oliver beginning to stammer again, wishing he would just stop talking though she kept her expression pleasant enough. She stops a moment hearing some of the twigs around them cracking, the hair on the back of her neck standing as she sensed an ambush coming, quickly reaching for her own Daggers to prepare for the attack. Suddenly being thrown aside as the beast attacks Oliver.

"Ollie!"

She screams short being struck by a claw that threw her effortlessly into a nearby tree. She yelps pained as she hits the tree then falls to the ground, holding her ribs with a pained expression as she pants softly forcing herself to stand quickly regardless of her pain. Her daggers held out in front of her as she takes a look at the brute, her face going stone cold as she recognized the creature. Every muscle in her body locking up as she stared, memories of the day she lost her arm, her mother and their family home to a beast of the same likeness as she shutters slightly unable to move.

She realized after nearly twenty seconds of being frozen that her friend was being bested by the animal, her heart beating in her ears before she managed to leap to action, her daggers drawn as she leaps, bringing both blades down on the monster's neck to get it off the man. Dodging another claw attack as she slides in the dirt to avoid the mighty claws that had already left a bleeding gash along her left ribs and breast, her breastplate having taken the brunt of the damage though her clothes were already showing signs of bleeding.

How was it that these two were in horrible shape, Lillian much worse than Oliver, within a mere minute or two of being attacked by this monster? He could feel his own heart beating faster and faster as the titan backed off and snarled at them, preparing for another attack. He shot his partner a quick glance and felt himself freezing up momentarily. "Shit.", the cuss came out as an instant reaction while his eyes pinned themselves back on to the monster. He steeled himself and just when it jumped at him, he did too. In a moment only described as a blessing from the gods, the swordsman crouched under its forearm with his left shoulder getting grazed by its attack, managing to move to its side.

With a swift movement he turned and slashed upwards at its face, getting a cut clean in the eye as the beast howled in pain and moved further away to distance himself. Blood now streaming down its face and his shoulder, he quickly moved back to where Lillian was and gave her a nod, offering an arm before the two started to move away. The monster seemed to have stayed back, although it didn't just stand and stare. It quickly moved its gaze to its fallen kin, and heartlessly began to feast. After three or four minutes of his lungs crying out for a break, the man had found a cave and quickly entered it, sitting down next to the rogue with his back against the wall once he'd sheathed his sword. "Lily, where did it get you?", Oliver asked her in panic, pushing himself on to his knees and trying to see her wound. It... was bad. "It got her good, shit. What the hell was that..."

How was it that these two were in horrible shape, Lillian much worse than Oliver, within a mere minute or two of being attacked by this monster? He could feel his own heart beating faster and faster as the titan backed off and snarled at them, preparing for another attack. He shot his partner a quick glance and felt himself freezing up momentarily. "Shit.", the cuss came out as an instant reaction while his eyes pinned themselves back on to the monster. He steeled himself and just when it jumped at him, he did too. In a moment only described as a blessing from the gods, the swordsman crouched under its forearm with his left shoulder getting grazed by its attack, managing to move to its side.

With a swift movement he turned and slashed upwards at its face, getting a cut clean in the eye as the beast howled in pain and moved further away to distance himself. Blood now streaming down its face and his shoulder, he quickly moved back to where Lillian was and gave her a nod, offering an arm before the two started to move away. The monster seemed to have stayed back, although it didn't just stand and stare. It quickly moved its gaze to its fallen kin, and heartlessly began to feast. After three or four minutes of his lungs crying out for a break, the man had found a cave and quickly entered it, sitting down next to the rogue with his back against the wall once he'd sheathed his sword. "Lily, where did it get you?", Oliver asked her in panic, pushing himself on to his knees and trying to see her wound. It... was bad. "It got her good, shit. What the hell was that..."

After having made her attack to get the creature off Oliver Lillian staggered back. Wincing as she held her ground. Her knees shaking a bit still as she readied a hand of knives, throwing them to strike the creature's underbelly once it was exposed. She groans softly having to take a knee as she clutches her upper flank, a crimson stain starting to grow from the claw marks in her.

The beast seemingly loosing interest in them as it began to feast on the first fallen creature. She stood again, slowly straightening her back as Oliver offered his arm to her, grabbing to him and following quickly as he ran, being practically dragged along as she was beginning to stumble over her feet, covering her would as best she could though even her arm wasn't able to hide the wound anymore

Stumbling into the cave with him Lillian finally collapsed on her face, softly whimpering as she rolls onto her back, her arms at her side as the damage was now obvious to Oliver, her dark face having a sort of drained look, a combination of pain and blood loss causing an almost paleness to her cheeks. She could hear him ask where she had been injured to which she didn't say anything though starting to try to sit up she took off her small travel pack.

"I... Can make a poultice..."

Her voice was airy as she spoke slowly, getting her supplies from her pack.

Just judging by the fact she collapsed, she was in no shape to make anything. Oliver had already started panicking, but he was trying his best to calm himself down and keep control of the situation. He was quick to take off his coat, ripping the tail ends from it and looking at her wounds. "No, it's okay. Stay still. I'll patch you up and we'll head back home. Please just don't move.", he did his best to reassure her and wrapped the wound tightly with one of the tail ends, before folding the other one and pressing it on the gash. "Keep your hand on it and apply pressure to it. I'll get us... I just need a minute.", he instructed her and looked back out the cave entrance, his breathing shaky and trying to stabilize.

He moved a hand over to his shoulder and touched it, wincing as he started to feel the scratch. It wasn't too deep, but he should probably get it checked out as well. If that Skolver was poisonous in any way, the both of them would be done in no time if they took much longer. "I'm nowhere near as destroyed as Lily is. I need to hurry.", he told himself and slapped his own cheeks before giving her a grin and putting his coat and the supplies she'd started taking out of her pack back inside of it, putting it on his back and picking her up with his arms, although he winced at the weight. Ollie had no choice but to grit his teeth and deal with it, huffing and getting ready to start moving as soon as he was sure she wasn't getting hurt by his grip any.

"Tell me if I'm hurting you. And keep pressure on the wound.", he asked her and gave as confident a grin as he could muster, starting to get on with moving back to the town. They probably didn't have more than ten minutes on foot, although with the speed he was carrying her, that'd be twenty at best.

Just judging by the fact she collapsed, she was in no shape to make anything. Oliver had already started panicking, but he was trying his best to calm himself down and keep control of the situation. He was quick to take off his coat, ripping the tail ends from it and looking at her wounds. "No, it's okay. Stay still. I'll patch you up and we'll head back home. Please just don't move.", he did his best to reassure her and wrapped the wound tightly with one of the tail ends, before folding the other one and pressing it on the gash. "Keep your hand on it and apply pressure to it. I'll get us... I just need a minute.", he instructed her and looked back out the cave entrance, his breathing shaky and trying to stabilize.

He moved a hand over to his shoulder and touched it, wincing as he started to feel the scratch. It wasn't too deep, but he should probably get it checked out as well. If that Skolver was poisonous in any way, the both of them would be done in no time if they took much longer. "I'm nowhere near as destroyed as Lily is. I need to hurry.", he told himself and slapped his own cheeks before giving her a grin and putting his coat and the supplies she'd started taking out of her pack back inside of it, putting it on his back and picking her up with his arms, although he winced at the weight. Ollie had no choice but to grit his teeth and deal with it, huffing and getting ready to start moving as soon as he was sure she wasn't getting hurt by his grip any.

"Tell me if I'm hurting you. And keep pressure on the wound.", he asked her and gave as confident a grin as he could muster, starting to get on with moving back to the town. They probably didn't have more than ten minutes on foot, although with the speed he was carrying her, that'd be twenty at best.

Her head spun with the daze as he told her not to move, she looks at him starting to protest when he seemed to be panicking. She blinks at him quietly, smiling a bit as she seemed to chuckle.

"This won't kill me... It takes more than... A little scratch to kill me."

She smirks proudly before watching him rip his coat and wrap her up tightly over her chest and sides. Crying out softly in pain as she applied pressure on the gash. He picked her up, this hurt her a fair amount as she bit back a pained scream, holding her side still and closing her eyes tight.

"Your arm... You..."

Blinking at him a bit before deciding not to protest, she realized her survival might very well depend on his ability to get her back to a healer so she grew quiet, not wanting to pass out from exhaustion as she focused on staying awake.

"Thank you Oliver... I'm... Glad you were my partner today."

She closed her eyes leaning her head on his chest as he held her, whispering a sort of prayer to herself as they return to the village.

Oliver remained quiet and kept on trudging towards the town, breathing heavily from carrying Lillian in his hands. He didn't have a choice though, and he'd keep going until his body up and died if he had to. Despite his 'strength' in this case though, he could feel his eyes tearing up again. "... I'm sorry it went this way.", he regretfully apologized mentally, making up his mind about treating her to something later. He couldn't think what specifically right now. "That thing was way too much for the both of us. It nearly killed Lily and I was way too lucky to even make it out of there unhurt."

Even with the both of them still alive, he felt like he were to blame for this going the way it did. If he had reacted earlier and not dazed off- hell, if he had trained more, he'd be strong enough to push it back on his own. It was clear the both of them had much training to do, even when they were already this strong. He quietly looked down at his childhood friend in his arms every so often, making sure she was still breathing and hanging in there. "Was that the Skolver we were meant to take care of? Or did that hellspawn just appear out of nowhere?", the man's mind had started wandering, trying to find the truth behind these events. Before he knew it though, he was standing outside of the town's walls and the forest, with whatever that thing was, were all behind him now.

"Just two more minutes...", he groaned and made way for the headquarters, blood still streaming down his left arm and dripping onto the streets. By the time he'd opened the doors, he didn't even have time to open his mouth and ask for help. The clerk and a few nearby hunters quickly came to the group's assistance and led them to the infirmary, with Oliver getting checked up as he tiredly explained what had played out. In the meantime, Lillian had been taken to the emergencies to be treated, and the swordsman would be right beside her soon enough. His arm had gone numb after all the carrying and he felt like he was on the verge of passing out, much like the brunette, but he was hanging in there.

Once general checks had been run and he was bandaged up, he tried to visit his friend but she was still being treated. That made for enough downtime for him to take it up with the administration. Even in his current state, he was livid that this went down the way it did in the first place. With scouts normally checking the situation to help create properly fleshed out requests, he went straight for the higher-ups, ready to throw hands. After a good hour or so of talking things through though, he had a better idea of the situation. He went back to check on Lillian and the procedures had just been finished, with the staff allowing him into the room at last. Oliver sat down next to her bed, putting a hand on the bed and holding her prosthetic one firmly as he waited for her to regain consciousness, his troubled eyes running up and down her figure. "Her wounds have also been patched up, but... she'll need a day or two rest. I should ask if she broke any bones later..."

Oliver remained quiet and kept on trudging towards the town, breathing heavily from carrying Lillian in his hands. He didn't have a choice though, and he'd keep going until his body up and died if he had to. Despite his 'strength' in this case though, he could feel his eyes tearing up again. "... I'm sorry it went this way.", he regretfully apologized mentally, making up his mind about treating her to something later. He couldn't think what specifically right now. "That thing was way too much for the both of us. It nearly killed Lily and I was way too lucky to even make it out of there unhurt."

Even with the both of them still alive, he felt like he were to blame for this going the way it did. If he had reacted earlier and not dazed off- hell, if he had trained more, he'd be strong enough to push it back on his own. It was clear the both of them had much training to do, even when they were already this strong. He quietly looked down at his childhood friend in his arms every so often, making sure she was still breathing and hanging in there. "Was that the Skolver we were meant to take care of? Or did that hellspawn just appear out of nowhere?", the man's mind had started wandering, trying to find the truth behind these events. Before he knew it though, he was standing outside of the town's walls and the forest, with whatever that thing was, were all behind him now.

"Just two more minutes...", he groaned and made way for the headquarters, blood still streaming down his left arm and dripping onto the streets. By the time he'd opened the doors, he didn't even have time to open his mouth and ask for help. The clerk and a few nearby hunters quickly came to the group's assistance and led them to the infirmary, with Oliver getting checked up as he tiredly explained what had played out. In the meantime, Lillian had been taken to the emergencies to be treated, and the swordsman would be right beside her soon enough. His arm had gone numb after all the carrying and he felt like he was on the verge of passing out, much like the brunette, but he was hanging in there.

Once general checks had been run and he was bandaged up, he tried to visit his friend but she was still being treated. That made for enough downtime for him to take it up with the administration. Even in his current state, he was livid that this went down the way it did in the first place. With scouts normally checking the situation to help create properly fleshed out requests, he went straight for the higher-ups, ready to throw hands. After a good hour or so of talking things through though, he had a better idea of the situation. He went back to check on Lillian and the procedures had just been finished, with the staff allowing him into the room at last. Oliver sat down next to her bed, putting a hand on the bed and holding her prosthetic one firmly as he waited for her to regain consciousness, his troubled eyes running up and down her figure. "Her wounds have also been patched up, but... she'll need a day or two rest. I should ask if she broke any bones later..."

Lillian didn't remember a great deal after Oliver had begun to carry her, her vision blurring in and out until she slipped out of consciousness. Not regaining her consciousness through the entire treatment, having her armor removed so to have her chest and ribs wrapped and cleaned properly. Having been stitched up the woman was laid to rest on one of the infirmary beds following her treatment. As Oliver would enter the room he would see her in her still unconscious state, now wrapped over her breast though currently shirtless so to allow him to see her artificial arm clearly. The device connected to what was left of her arm through a slip on piece. She appears to have lost her arm starting a little above her elbow.

Though the man had taken her hand, Lillian wouldn't be able to feel the touch, her chest slowly rising and falling as she slept for a while longer. After almost a half hour her eyes flutter a bit under her eyelids the prosthetic hand twitching as it reads her muscles spasm when she quickly opened her eyes taking a sharp breath.

"Mama! No!"

She squeaked with a dry, croaking voice as she tried to sit up suddenly. Crying out pained at the movement, quickly laying back down. Her breathing was frantic as she began to sob. Bringing her hands to her face to hide the emotions.

After having spent so much time overexerting himself, Oliver felt exhausted. It hit him almost like a wave crashing down on him, and he'd leaned forward and closed his eyes, almost asleep by the bedside before he woke up from Lily's sudden freakout. He snapped up and felt her arm pull back, before seeing her fall back down on the bed. "Lily, don't move that much..!", the groggy man tried to advise her, although his voice was a bit slurred and his eyes clearly carried an exhaustion to them, which was very well earned. He quietly put a hand on her arm and rubbed it in an attempt to comfort her and remind her that she was safe. The freakout he wasn't sure about, but she was obviously still shaken.

If anything, she could have even died out there if they were any slower about it. "Calm down. We're safe.", Oliver tried to more calmly put her at ease, giving her a small smile and looking up and down her form. "I'm not too much better off either...", he inspected himself, his white shirt still on but with some blood stains on it, both from his arm and his partner's wounds, and his left arm was bandaged from the shoulder to the elbow. "I'm here Lily, I'm right here.", he continued to try and comfort her as he realised that she was slowly calming down, his smile getting a bit wider. It was less so a smile of happiness and more so of accomplishment. They were the ones to make it out alive, rather than fall to the clutches of whatever that hellspawn was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back