• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Crystal Cove

Characters
Here
Other
Here
  • 5825ea217f298d9014e73b0843851574.jpgMaira happily smiled when Kori returned the hug. She was so happy that Koi wanted to hang out with her. “We will have a lot of fun I know it” she replied looking over to Yuri “Koi is right Yuri, It’s okay if it’s not fancy. It does not have to be fancy as long as you like it and you have fun wearing it..” she happily replied making her way over to the fridge. “Hmmm I guess eat some breakfast?...” she said gathering milk, cereal, and a bowl she made her way over to the table and took a seat. “We can go to the boardwalk and go see the decorations! And walk around before it gets crazy crowded…” she suggested.
    (Yuri ApfelSeine ApfelSeine , Koi DillyWanderer DillyWanderer )

• Erik
    Interactions: Claud Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23

”Well...I usually get in the water before I strip.” Erik admitted slightly embarrassed by the question ”You’re not going to see anything, just don’t freak out.” he made walked with Claud to the patrol boat and started it up once they both got settled in ”I need to see this before we send out anyone else in...just in case.” he tried his best not to go into too much detail. He still wasn’t sure if he could even indulge Claud with the idea that there could be hostile mermaids in the waters. Even with his common sense telling him not to tell his friend he also worried for Claud and Emillias safety if he didn’t share. There was a reason that legends of deadly sirens existed.

Erik stopped the boat as the pulled up next to the abandoned rowboat. His stomach tightened into knots. Hopefully the old man had just fallen over the edge the drowned. As he contemplated the possibility of mermaid killing he thought about the death of his first clan. Please let this be a drowning...and if it is a mermaid please just be one who didn’t realize they were in another’s territory. If the possible attacker hadn’t noticed they were in another clans territory they could’ve just been a weaker drifter who needed a snack and didn’t view humans how the bay clan did. If the possible attacker had seen where they were and knew of the clans presence chances are they were either strong enough to not worry about an attack or they were in a powerful clan. He turned his attention back to claud.

”Ok I’m going to go under, if you see a boat raise the anchor halfway, and if someone comes up and starts talking to you raise the anchor all the way and don’t tell them I’m under here. I can always swim back to shore if need be.”

Jonathan and Athena
Mentions: Lilliana2 Lilliana2 AquaMarie AquaMarie SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow

As they approached the Boardwalk again Athena’s mind focused on how to get Jonathan’s mind off of science for a while. She had come close back at the yacht, but she had sensed that was moving too fast. Jonathan wasn’t casual about anything. He clearly hated being sociable. That was funny considering his past. She could imagine him at book signings.

“Why don’t we hit the cafe? It’s a place to sit until the parade starts.” Athena suggested.

“I don’t really eat pastries. Too many carbs.”

Athena resisted the urge to roll her eyes. “Coffee? Tea?”

He smiled, “or you?” He laughed softly. “Name of an old movie? Coffee, Tea, or Me?” He laughed again. “One my mother watched. Sure. Twist my arm a little.” He was tense. He tried to force himself to relax a little. But he knew the more crowded it got, the more tense he would be.

As soon as they walked through the door he could have slapped himself. Green hair. The one person in town he wanted to get a close look at and she was right here. His mind switched channels abruptly to the fact that the Sheriff’s patrol boat was out on the sea somewhere. He would have preferred to be checking that out. Well, if it was really important the man would be asking all boat owners or their crew to be on the lookout. Then again, he wasn’t a local, and might still be regarded as a tourist. Mayors frowned on bothering rich people with the problems of law enforcement unless it was necessary.

Green hair. His mind returned to the room. He hadn’t really been listening to the conversation, and only caught a piece of it toward the end. But his ears naturally started picking up on accents. He could place the origins of people, where they grew up, where whoever raised them was from, where they studied English - all within about 50 miles in most cases - not always, but still he had freaked people out before. It was a knack. It came partly from learning so many languages, partly from having professors from foreign countries, and partly from being a military brat.

The green haired lady was one he simply hadn’t crossed paths with. He knew she worked selling art. But he had zero use for art. Maybe once he started building a home here. But for now he had no excuse. He took the time to get a chair for Athena and scotted her in. It was so natural the way he did so that Athena was a little surprised.

“What do you want?” He asked Athena.

Athena smiled. Typical male. “Tazo chai, and if they have them, a baklava - if that’s okay?”

Jonathan smiled, “Sure, you’re buying.” He chuckled and hastily added, “kidding. Yes, my treat.”

Cheeky bastard. Athena gave Jonathan a dagger stare, but eased up. She did sort of deserve that for assuming.

Jonathan waited his turn. But he did compliment Vivian. “Nice costume.” Then he averted his eyes and looked at the lady across the counter. Her name began with an M. He wanted to be personal about it, but he was horrible with names. And he was pretty sure the green haired girl just said it. In one ear , out the other.

“Uhm, for the lady Tazo chai, and a baklava if you have them.” He frowned. “You probably don’t have Turkish chai - I guess a double strength Tazo chai for me. Enough sugar to make a syrup out of it. Annnd .. Sutlu Nuriye or Kanafeh are probably out of the question. Baklava are just too flaky for me. Maybe funnel cake ..” he continued looking hard, “Oh! You know, I never eat desserts - except on my birthday. Uhm, if that is King’s cake, some of that maybe?” He looked back and forth between the funnel cake and the King’s cake. Then with a resigned sigh he added, “Both.” He shook his head. “And this is why I never walk in here.”

Much as with the ice cream vendor he left a nice tip. It was like a reflex. Once his order came out, he took it and limped over to Athena.

• Mentions - Shame Shame and ApfelSeine ApfelSeine
    Marisol jumped slightly as she heard Kai call out to her, then smiling warmly as she brushed some of her still wet hair behind her shoulder.

"No no... it's quite alright, I'm glad you took the time you needed." Her voice was soft, gentle, quiet as she spoke. Marisol shook Flynn's hand, bowing slightly as a greeting. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Flynn. I've heard a lot about you..." Her smile was now directed at Flynn as she held her hands together.

Marisol loved seeing Kai laughing so genuinely, although a small fear pressed into the back of her mind. 'What if they're laughing at the costume?', as she did feel a bit silly in the pirate attire.

"No. Kai is so sweet and honest, and I'm sure Flynn is too...you must get out of your own mind, Marisol..." She scolded herself in her mind, subconsciously playing with a piece of hair nervously.

Marisol tilted her head to the side in confusion, staring at the cup with a bewildered look on her face. "Doom...waffles?" She mumbled as she shyly accepted the cup from Kai.

"Humans are weird." She thought.

She couldn't help but giggle at the pirate talk, nodding slightly. "Aye aye, captain."

Jasmine Jackson

Jasmine couldn't help but giggle as a big smile was brought to her face. She's still new friends with Emilia, so doesn't know what topics might be bad ones to bring up.
"Speaking of your costume, it looks great! Definitely will keep you cool throughout the day." She chuckled. "I should've been a pirate this year to have a mermaid accompany me." She joked as she started to walk forward.

"I think I know the cafe, what's the name of it again?" JJ asked as she lead her along the sidewalk, heading into town. She knows her way to everywhere in town, perks of growing up here. Give her the name and she knows where it is. Those who have lived in the town for a long time know her as the girl who was always running around everywhere. Every since she was a kid she's always had a lot of energy and will run from place to place around town whether it be for shopping for her parents, herself, or just stopping by to say hello.

"How long have you lived here?" She asked Em as they walked. She wants to get to know her a bit more, so figuring out why she came to this little town would be a good start. ]

Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23

f7019587369db18243ce8d0586600ddc.jpgMarianne smiled and took Vivian’s order, making a note that it would be one check. Writing down Finley’s order as well. “all right an iced green tea latte with a plain croissant and a peppermint tea. I’ll have that right out...oh don’t worry ill make sure to take a break before the celebration starts..” she reinsured Finley before walking back to the counter to work on their order. After a few minutes she return with their orders in a tray. Placing both thier drinks and Vivian's croissant a on the table "enjoy" she said with a friendly smile before returning to behind the counter.

The little bell by her door ringed and a man and a women made their way inside. She haddent seen them around before, thus figured they might be here for the towns March of the Mermaids. She welcomed them to her shop. Walking over to the counter she took the mans order, could not help but lightly chuckle as he ened up going with two pasties. She fully understand that at times it was hard to just pick one dilisous treat. She gathered the pasties and placed them on plates, placing them on the counter for him "ill bring out your chai's and your funnel cake in a bit" she replied making sure to thank him for the very nice tip. She got to work on the chai's and funnel cake. In a few munites bringing out their drinks and funnel cake to them. "Carful it's hot…" she made sure to warn him as the funnel cakes we made to order.

( Vivian @Lilliana2 , Finley @SpectrumCrow, Jonathan and Athena Mitheral Mitheral )

Mia

Mia said to Ellis, “The event certainly is great. Last year was amazing and well, every year is great. I’m sure you’ll have a great time.” She smiled thinking about the great experiences she has had. Then she got a little sad. “Most of those years I was in school, lots of my classmates have moved on to bigger and better things. I’m here managing a cart.”

Realizing that she might be sounding bitter, Mia stopped, “I’m sorry, this really is a great event and a great town. I didn’t mean to complain or anything.” Mia likes to maintain a positive, optimistic image and dislikes saying anything negative.

“My image of a painter is those all white outfits that house painters wear, I have no idea what artistic painters wear. What specifically do you like to paint? Beaches? Sunsets? Mermaids? You aren’t thinking of painting me, are you?” She said with a laugh.

DillyWanderer DillyWanderer

Yuri

Returning his attention to his breakfast, Yuri grabbed a ladle to spoon out the crepe batter, using his free hand to tilt the pan. There was a satisfying sizzling as it began to cook, and Yuri kept his gaze focused on what he was doing as he listened to the others talk. He was not entirely certain what all the fuss was about getting dressed up, but they were having fun so there was no sense in spoiling that. Perhaps it was the novelty of it all, the thrill of engaging with human culture that could only be experienced on land. He could understand the sentiment at least.

"It sure sounds like there's a lot to see," Yuri remarked, almost absentmindedly as he gently lifted the crepe edges with a spatula to loosen it. "It's still only morning and you're both so excitable. I've got to admit, I'm starting to look forward to it too."

With a deft flick of the pan, Yuri flipped the crepe over to let the other side cook. The enthusiasm around him was rather infectious, and a small smile crept onto his face as he wondered what the streets would look like filled up with flashy costumes.

(Mentions: Koizuru DillyWanderer DillyWanderer , Maira AquaMarie AquaMarie )

Vivian

Mentions: Finley SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow , Jonathan/Athena Mitheral Mitheral , Marianne AquaMarie AquaMarie

Vivian thanked Marianne as she walked away and then addressed Jonathan. ”Thank you.” Vivian said casually to the man over her shoulder. She had seen him before in his yatch on the ocean. She’d actually cling to the side before and watching him as he tinkered with stuff in the ocean. He was suspicious and odd and on top of that a rich tourist. She’d seen rich tourists move in before thinking that because they have money they can suddenly become part of the community in the end they all would leave with their fancy boats to go somewhere with more places to waste money to get high or drunk. He didn’t even bother to wear a real costume, stupid poser. Erik had told her that she had no reason to be hostile or suspicious towards him but it was something she had to disagree with him on. She was pulled back into her conversation with Finley.

”Fine you can buy me something if it makes you feel better but you really don’t have to do that, I got a really sweet painting gig the other day and they paid me a good bit for painting their baby nursery mural.” she explained hoping her fiend wouldn’t mind her paying so much. After her explanation Finley pulled their leg up to show off her makeup covered legs Vivian Snickered at her dad joke before taking a good look at the makeup job. ”FINLEY I LOVE IT!” she yelled enthusiastically as she gently touched the paint with her finger tip careful not to smear the paint. Clearly this had taken them hours to paint that many marks and it was on their own legs too which was probably at least an awkward angle to work at. ”This must’ve taken you a while it looks so good though. Your costume is definitely unique.” she continued to praise her friend as Marianne walked over with the drinks and set the croissant down and drinks down. Vivian mouthed her a quick thank you not wanting to distract her too much from her other customers. She picked up her croissant and began eating. Human food was always a delight especially since there wasn’t really anything that could replace bread out in the ocean. She glanced at the croissant for a second ”God I really need to learn how to bake. If Marianne ever leaves I’ll probably end up starving to death...I’m not sure what I’m most excited about today the costumes, the parade, the fireworks or all the food carts. What about you? Anything in particular you want to do today?” she asked her friend grinning Finley could’ve told her anything and she would’ve been happy to tag along. She was thankful to be out of the house and temporarily free of her responsibilities and she was definitely happy to spend time with her friend. People were now out and about walking around in their lavish costumes outside. It was easy to tell the people who were from crystal cove to the tourists. The parade would be starting soon hopefully it usually started around 10:30am and went till 4 how it lasted so long was beyond Vivian but she was still excited.

Jonathan and Athena

Jonathan found himself staring a little at the green haired woman (Vivian). He tried not to be too obvious, but he tried to check out the roots of her hair. But from halfway across the room, it wasn’t happening. And he could stare too much or it would start to get creepy. So he went for the most plausible way to get a closer look.

“Excuse me,” he tried to catch Vivian’s attention. “I hate to ask,” he held up his camera. “It’s a tourist thing to ask, but any chance I could get a couple pictures? Your costume really is great. Maybe with the baker and your friend?”

The camera was a professional camera, a very expensive one, suggesting he might be a professional photographer. He wasn’t, of course. It had just been the best he could find listed. It was one of those ones that did all the rapid snapping of pictures.

“I'm writing a book about mermaids - maybe. Science fiction. Still undecided as to whether they will be aliens, or some sort of ancient alien astronaut experiment. To be honest, so far most of the angles just feel forced. But I figured I’d immerse myself in the culture and find a little inspiration.

“This really isn’t my thing. Parades. Never been to one before. But I got invited. I did some nice things for the town. And I have learned you let people say thank you when you do. Rude not to. But the Mayor never mentioned it was a costume thing. Costume shop had nothing that would fit me. If I had had a day or two to prepare I’d have come up with something better - like way more realistic.”

He looked around. “How many more people are there going to be? It IS a small town. And --” he caught himself before he dissed every mermaid in town by saying it was ONLY a mermaid parade. Even normal townspeople would have taken offense. “Not a people person. It’s the whole reason I bought a boat - to get away from people.”

He snapped a few pictures - at least ten - with half of them of nothing as his camera arced away and kept snapping pics. He grumbled for a moment. “Still not used to this thing. Touchy. I’ve designed better myself. Say, I don’t suppose you folks know someone I could talk to about historical stories on mermaids here? I am surprised there isn’t a museum.”

Vivian Lilliana2 Lilliana2 , Finley SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow , Marianne AquaMarie AquaMarie

Last edited:
Kai

"A pleasure to meet you Marisol."
"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Flynn. I've heard a lot about you..."
A grin broke out on Kai's face as he looked from one friend to the other. This was great. His best friend was meeting his new... friend... His grin wavered for a moment. Why did it feel like he was introducing her to his dad for approval? Oh boy, he needed to get out of his head and into a joke.
"Honestly, they taste fine to me."
Kai laughed, shaking his head so that his blonde hair bounced around his face.
"That's because you haven't had taste buds since my mom tried to make lasagna," Kai told Flynn with a dramatic roll of his eyes and a loud, suffering sigh. He turned his eyes toward Marisol and leaned forward to loudly stage whisper, "Don't listen to him, poor guy, he's officially lost it. Never stood a chance against dear Mom's poison." He gave her a wink and a laugh as he straightened back up in his chair.
"If you find that you do indeed have taste buds and don't like the taste, don't worry, because they also double as a flotation device."
Kai laughed even louder. He was killing it today. It was a lot easier to keep his foot (you know, his figurative foot) out of his mouth with Flynn around. Whenever he was around her, he just wasn't himself. Though, really, he hadn't really felt like himself in a year. Oh boy, where's another good joke when you need one?
Kai adjusted his ridiculous hat and straightened up again in his chair.
"Alright, the parade starts soon, right? I, uh, didn't get to watch it last year, do you guys know of a good spot to watch it from?" He asked, trying to breeze past his absence last year by rolling himself ahead of them to head into town.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow
ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

Koizuru.jpg

"I don't want to eat right now and make myself full. So I'll hold off breakfast," Koizuru said when Maira suggested having breakfast first. Usually, she won't decline breakfast but today was different and she wanted to eat foods from the event as many as she can, "But go ahead and eat your breakfast, Mai! And I'll check on the others while you're at it. I'm excited to see how they look! I heard Ares will be dressing up so I can't miss it!" she smiled at Maira then pointed her finger at Yuri, "And you should pick up the pace, Yu! The event will start soon! I'll be right back, okay?" she waved at them before leaving the kitchen. AquaMarie AquaMarie & ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

"I think they'll probably be in Gill's room..." she muttered as she skipped down the hallway, "Ah! I guess I'm right!" she chuckled softly when she heard the loud bang of the door and saw someone coming out of the room. She tried to figure out who was it at first and realized that the only one who has the reddish hair was Ares, "Oh my god!! You look sooo beautiful, A! I didn't expect this at all! You look like a real girl!" she exclaimed as she started running towards him for a hug. She knew how snarky Ares could be but she finds that side of him very cute. She had always admired his confidence and courage even when he facing stronger or bigger opponents. August August

David 6.jpg

Ellis noticed Mia's sad expression as he watched and listened to her. He can't help but feel for her since he had experienced being left by people as well, and even though he tried to be strong there was still that loneliness inside him. He took a deep breath, "People come and go, Mia, that's something you can't change..but I'm sure that for each person that leaves you, new people will come too," he smiled at her then chuckled when she mentioned her views about painters, "For now, I paint sceneries. I would probably paint this event and the beach. I haven't had time to check it out but I'm sure the beach will be beautiful," he looked ahead and watched the people passing by, "I paint people too but it's usually just for fun since I'm still looking for my muse. I've been traveling a lot in search of that person. I paint portraits to practice...so when I find my muse I can paint her perfectly."

"If you want I can paint a portrait of you too if you have time the next few days. I plan on staying here for a while so I'll be seeing you around," he said with a smile. Superfly47 Superfly47

5825ea217f298d9014e73b0843851574.jpgMaira sat at the table waiting to eat as she was unsure if Koi was going to eat as well. She looks over at Yuri "of course we are excited, there is always so much to explore" she added after he mentioned their excitement was rubbing off on him. “Oh okay Koi! Have fun!” she happily said to Koi as she poured her cereal into her bowl along with some milk. Maira started to cough again she had forgotten that in her human form she has to chew. After her coughing fit, she went on eating her cereal.

(Yuri @ApfelSeine, Koi @DillyWanderer)

• Mentions: Jasmine, Claud
    Em heard jasmine giggle about her costume joke and smirked in response. She had to admit she was relieved Jasmine was satisfied with that and wasn't the prying or nagging type.
    "Thank you, a little drafty is what I was going for." She admitted with a playful wink. She knew how revealing her costume was, and she was proud of it. She remembered the first march of the mermaids festival she'd attended wearing a Tee shirt and long skirt, despite living with Claud at the time she still hadn't found herself comfortable with anything more revealing than a v-neck shirt, she still hadn't felt like herself yet.
    "Aww if only, I would have loved having a hot pirate accompany me today!" She didn't really know what JJ looked like aside from her hands since she didn't think they knew each other well enough yet to ask to touch her face, but she had an appreciation for all body types and couldn't help but wonder if JJ would blush, and what it looked like. Her arm felt muscular with a decent layer of squish to it, neither ti this nor rail thin, as assumed she had a curvy figure she let her mind settle on that, deciding fantasizing about what her new friend looked like while they were together was rude.
    JJ asked about eh name of the cafe, she hadn't heard her pull out a cellphone, was she that confident that she knew where it was that she didn't need one. "It's called the coffee tavern."
    "I've lived here two years with Claud. What about you, you seem like you really know your way around?" She asked curiously.

MaddyMadz MaddyMadz

Jasmine Jackson

Jasmine wasn't so much the mom friend of her groups, she wasn't going to be naggy about what you wear, what you're doing, or anything like that. She's more like your sister that is always got your back. She'll support you as long as you're not hurting anyone else or yourself. When Emilia mentioned how she would have loved to have a hot pirate accompany her, Jasmine couldn't help but blush. At this moment she's glad that Em wasn't able to see her blush, because that would be embarrassing.

"Oh, ha!" She chuckled as she walked in the direction of the coffee shop. "You don't even know what I look like, i'm not sure how accurate you can be." She said. JJ had to admit she was curious about how someone who is blind envisions people they physically cannot see. She doesn't think about the small details like Em would.

"I have lived here all my life! Born and raised." She replied proudly. "My parents moved here when they we're younger and opened up The Open Water Seafood Restaurant. They stayed here ever since and had me. I've been on trips to other places but this is all I've ever really known." Jasmine explained as she walked down the sidewalk with her friend. She turned her head to look at Emilia to speak to her, even if it didn't make a difference. "What brought you and your brother here? Where did you guys live before?" She asked, curiously.

Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23

Zasha

The streets were more crowded than they typically were in the mornings, and for awhile, Zasha was not certain why. It was only when he felt the hairs on the back of his neck raise that he began to realize what was going on. He shoved his hand into his pocket on instinct, hand curling around the switchblade he kept there as he spotted the flash of scales out of the corner of his eye. He turned to look across the street, freezing as he realized he was looking at an obviously ostentatious mermaid costume. Of course, it was the March of the Mermaids, one of several ridiculous holidays that the town celebrated. Zasha himself rarely participated. In fact, he rarely kept track enough to even remember when the holidays were scheduled. He had lived by the town for quite some time however, so he at least could recognize what was going on when it did happen.

Grumbling to himself, Zasha perched himself on a bench to watch the townsfolk setting up for the parade, constructing fancy floats to match equally flashy costumes. As he so often did during such a festival, Zasha glared daggers at each person dressed in a mermaid costume who passed by anywhere near him. It was irritating to look at. He just knew some of these costumed parade goers were merfolk in disguise, using the chance to traipse around without hiding who they really were. They were, from what he knew, nothing if not self obsessed. It was a fight to repress the urge to pull out his knife and start wailing on every costumed visitor. He had tried that once a few years ago and it had not gone well. At the same time, Zasha could not bring himself to skulk away and return home. Not when there were possible merfolk about. As such, he continued to keep a critical eye out on every remotely aquatic looking individual.

Iris Belle

Iris had grabbed her small backpack and put it on her shoulders before leaving the house and going into town just before the parade. She held her warm coffee in one hand, occasionally taking sips of it as she walked. Her other hand held a bit of her dress up in the front so she wouldn't trip on it as she walked. She had made her way towards where the parade was being held when though they were still setting up. She made a promise to herself to interact with more humans today, branch out and get to know those who aren't in the clan. She's not fond of humans, but she's tired of dragging by day and day. And if they don't figure out her true identity, then what's the problem?

She saw everyone bustling around grabbing things for parade floats, preparing food, setting up small tourist sell stations among other things, but she noticed a single boy sitting alone on a bench by himself. It's easier to bug those who aren't busy, they have no excuse. So, she made her way over, very obviously dressed for the festival. Her skirt was a ruby red that hugged at her hips and stayed like that until it flared out under her knees. Her top was more intricate, a single string held it together around her neck, following down to connect to both sides and the middle of the bra. It was decorated with beads and pendants, a few loose chains flowing at the bottom, but the part she liked most about it was that she had decorated her top with she shells she found herself on the beach and in the water. You'd think she'd go with a yellow outfit since it fit her better considering her mermaid form, but red was a favorite color of hers too, and it worked well with her naturally red hair. Speaking of her hair it was simply curled with a curling iron and lightly combed before being put in a half up half down style so it stayed out of her face all day.

Standing next to the bench she looked at the boy before pointing at the spot on the opposite end of the bench. "Is this seat taken?" She asked. She assumed not but was going to wait for his reply before sitting down herself.

Mentions: Zasha ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

Ares Siam
Interactions/Mentions: Zasha ( ApfelSeine ApfelSeine ), Iris ( MaddyMadz MaddyMadz )

areesty.png

Ares quietly made his way to where the parade floats were getting their finishing touches. Originally he had intended to help out and attempt to save his manhood by doing some of the heavy liftings but as soon as he got on sight they had insisted that he didn't get himself dirty. He did what he could to help out but for the most part, he was supervising the set up of the float he would be on.

He stood off to the side with his hands out to make a frame with his fingers as he eyed the float.
"I can't really see the display, move it a bit more to the left. No, the left-- My left!" He called out to the guys on the float, resisting the urge to jump onto the float to move the prop himself. He sighed and waved his hand to signal that it was fine after painfully watching them struggle to figure out how perspectives affected left and right when he felt a tug on his arm.
Ares turned to be face to face with one of his classmates, Amy. The two never really talked to each other much outside of school so it was a bit of a surprise for him when she approached him. She was one of the quite girls who didn't annoy him in class so seeing her look so uneasy had his full attention.
"Hey, what's up?" He asked, holding back his thoughts on how ridiculous her fake fins looked on her headband.

Amy rubbed her arm and looked down nervously, "Well . . . I don't know it's anything serious but . . . There's this guy watching us set up and I thought it was just me but apparently he's been giving other girls weird looks. I don't know, it's probably nothing but it's just a little creepy, you know? I'd feel a lot better if you kept an eye on him though." She tilted her head over into the direction of a lone man sitting on a bench.

Ares's eyes narrowed as he observed how the guy was giving some of the passing girls nasty looks. He started to walk over to the bench, tossing his cover-up to Amy when she grabbed his arm.
"Please don't start anything, it's probably nothing. He's not actually harming anyone, I'm being just overly sensitive." She started to plead to him. Ares gritted his teeth, but he softened when he turned to see her desperation. He could have easily pulled his arm away from her to march over to the guy to give him a good view of his fist but seeing her pleading eyes had killed his fighting spirit.

"Fine, but if I see him so much as to get into 5 feet of any of you I'm going to jail." He huffed, glancing over at the bench once more only to see Iris had approached the man. She was one of the scouts of his clan and it seemed like she was scouting some of the humans today. Normally she didn't interact with humans much so it was quite the unusual sight to see her looking to sit right next to one when she didn't have to.

Amy must have caught his gaze and tightened her grip on his arm, "Leave it, Ares . . . Come on, whoever helped you get ready is going to be upset if you mess it up before the parade." Ares went rigid, torn between not wanting to make a scene and also not wanting to risk someone in his clan getting hurt.
"I'm not going to assault him, relax. Hey, don't you have to help Jade and them touch up on the paint of the pirate float?" He smiled at her trying to get her to lower her guard. Technically he wasn't going to attack him, he just wanted to have a strongly worded conversation with him--

"Mmmm, I mean it, Ares. Katie is really counting on you to take her place, don't mess it up." Amy slowly pulled away, starting to walk away but occasionally looking over her shoulder at him. Ares gave her a little wave then pretended to turn his attention the float until she was out of view. His smile faded and his eyes landed back to Iris with the questionable man. Crossing his arms, Ares quietly stared at the man with a challenging gaze, as if daring him to do something that'd give him an excuse to get into a fight. As ready as he was to confront the man, Iris was a scout so maybe it was better to let her scope him out.

Jonathan and Athena

Once there were signs that the parade was getting ready to start, Duncan took it as his cue to head out. He ordered another Chai to go, as well as whatever Athena wanted. Then he headed out to play tourist. He measured his time as he took pictures of various floats, asking to take pictures as he passed each one, he saved the real conversation - if any - for the one float he had a serious interest in.

Athena didn’t like being dragged along. It was as though he was using her for eye candy. Then she realized she had sort of been using him. So she couldn’t really say much without being a hypocrite. But his demeanor toward the mermaids did bother her. Still, she had learned that being personable went a lot further that scowling - like the thin man on the bench… Her eyes instantly locked onto the man as she realized how out of place he was.

Duncan had spotted the man as well and had managed to take a few pictures of him as well - from a distance.

As he walked up to the mermaid float he smiled. “Howdy folks. Y’all mind if I get a few Before pics before the parade starts? I don’t normally do the tourist thing. Never even been to a parade before. But all this - is for a book. Research. Science fiction. Yes, I am thinking about applying science to explain something considered magical. So … I am researching mermaid lore. If you folks know anyone who knows the history here well, send them my way.”

Athena, in the meantime, excused herself to go find a place to sit down. And while Zasha didn’t look like pleasant company, the lady that had joined him seemed less uninviting. “I guess this parade is a big deal in this town. I almost couldn’t get Jonathan to dress up for this. He’s not really a people person. Still not sure I get the whole mermaid thing. Apparently no one in town has bothered to read Greek mythology. Too much Walt Disney.”

Mentions: Zasha. ApfelSeine ApfelSeine Float group. August August MaddyMadz MaddyMadz

Last edited:
Moonscale
26E7DEDB-9207-4249-93FE-6E41C781C4E0.jpeg
The vision had been clear, its meaning a vibrant beacon in her mind as she raced to save the girl she’d yet to meet. How the child had been injured, who she was, or what she had been doing so close to the shore Moon did not know. All that had been revealed to her had been her location, some murky details, and a name - Emillia.

Whether or not that was the young Moray’s name, she had no clue.

The journey from her home in the coral caves far beneath the surface of the sea had taken three days of her swimming at top speed, her heart pounding with fear even though she knew that she would succeed - the child was alive. It had been many decades since she’d last come ashore in the human realm, but she knew that she would not be able to save the girl alone. She would need to find aid on land with others of their kind. A pair of sharp-toothed warriors would help her.

The Tides never lied.

And so Moonscale swam as fast as her body would allow, praying to the ancient Gods of her people and the spirits of the Old Ones that she would not fail in their calling. With every passing hour, the water grew warmer as she neared the surface and the shore of the territory to which her spirit was leading her. She’d never been there, but had learned of it over the decades as a place where her kind lived amongst the humans.

She had long desired to see such a thing come to pass.

Exhaustion began to claw its way through her on the third day, but when she surfaced she saw that the shore was finally in sight, and the sun was a beacon of hope in the sky-sea.

She smiled, only for her blood to chill at the scent of impending death that seeped through the tides with long, grasping fingers towards her.

She flew through the water like a racing current, her long, pearlescent body winding with the rising reef in a way she’d not known herself capable of. There, unconscious and bleeding out through a viscous wound that bloomed across her chest like a blood-soaked sea star, was the child from her vision.

She was young and lovely as a new pearl, with ebony-blue hair and markings that reminded the Serpent of the sky-sea on a clear day. She was strong - a warrior - and even in a state near death seemed lost and alone.

Moon loved her at once.

She took hold of the girl as gently as she could, wrapping her arms around her in a motherly embrace as she summoned as much energy and life as she could to send into the Moray’s spirit. As she surfaced, she caught sight of a human vessel some distance away.

She could sense that another of their kind was near.

One who she knew could smell the blood.

Without a second thought, the White Witch placed a hand over the wound to hold the girl’s insides within her and hurtled towards the scent of the Shark.

Last edited:
Nadine Yoselyn-Delfia Reyes

A drying half-eaten bowl of oatmeal sat amongst the thin covers of Nadine's bed as she stood paces away in her closet. Though standing soon became sitting, leaning against the door of the small space as she let out a soft sigh. Half dressed, arms resting on top of her knees as she stared up to the ceiling, "Get it together girl, it's just a celebration. You don't even have to stay all day, you just promised the parade to Mamà."

She runs a hand through her freshly cleaned hair, something she had enough energy to do this morning for the past few weeks. Not that it mattered before, this would be the first time leaving her bungalow since she reached the cove. Perhaps that was the real reason she was holding herself from finishing her attire. She was nervous about just who she may run into, what looks she might receive as the shut away on the outside of town. Not that she was the only one far away, she had noticed the yacht that resided near town and another bungalow a few ways away from her own, out of sight from her own place but she'd sometimes see some of the people who resided there walking down the path that their houses eventually shared. She wondered if it was a local commune considering how many different faces she had seen. Perhaps she'd run into some of them in town and get the chance to find out.

"All in due time," she thinks to herself, patting her cheeks, rising once more. "Okay, March of the Mermaids, let's see..."

Nadine ends up slipping on an old scaled sequin tube top that Allora had given her as a joke gift for her birthday when they first started dating, a shimmery green and blue sequin that tied off like a corset on the sides. She threw on top an overall dress of her's that was bright blue denim, shaped like a mermaid dress, skirt flaring out at the bottom with small tropical florals painted on the hem and slowly curling up the fabric. She replaced her oranges with scallop earrings she recently crafted and added a matching necklace of three layers of aquamarine stones and more scallop shells, tying her handkerchief to her wrist. Moving to the bathroom, Nadine took a look at herself in the mirror, carefully adjusting her necklace and checking to make sure it was secure. She refused to put any makeup on, she already felt overdressed. Besides, her tattoos would make up for her clean face.

Grabbing a small backpack, she packed her wallet, keys, a water bottle, and took one last deep breath, "You got this Nadi." Closing her door behind her she made her way walking to the boardwalk, pushing herself to a confident stride as she looked for a potential place to watch the parade.

(Interactions: N/A - Open)

Last edited:
  • 0f06267839b2dbe3f935cb9c7efc2275.jpg

Mentions Shame Shame and ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

Poison…? Surely he was joking…

Marisol politely followed Kai, hands cupped around the cup of ‘doom waffles’ in front of her as she thought about where to go. Well, you couldn’t see the parade from the beach. The streets would be crowded… but as her mind considered his question, the mention of the previous year made Marisol’s heart sink into her chest.

She tried her best to keep a straight face, but she couldn’t help frowning and glancing to the side a bit. Surely she could just cover up and say she heard what happened if questioned...they’d believe that, right? She was already suspicious, but that was a reasonable answer.

Marisol gently took a small bite out of the waffle, furrowing her brow and frowning at the rest of the waffle, confused. “Kai...they truly are not that bad. I doubt they’re poisoned.” She tried to give a reassuring smile, completely missing that he wasn’t being literal. “Although you can’t taste poison most of the time…” She continued, shaking her head and turning her attention back to the parade.

“Simply watching from the streets may be the best idea, as I don’t know of anywhere we could go with a higher view.” Marisol suggested, taking another bite of the ‘doom waffles’. “I doubt it, but if we get there before the tourists or crowds, we’ll likely be able to find a better spot.” She finished, going silent for a moment before her face flushed red. “W-what do you two think? I didn’t mean to talk over you or anything…”

Yuri

"Ah geez..." Yuri muttered, realizing that the time of the parade was slowly approaching. He finished cooking up his crepes, topping them off with a mix of strawberries and blueberries, storing some in the fridge for later as he packed his breakfast to go in a small lunchbox. "I've got to hurry up and get changed I guess. Luckily it shouldn't take me too long..."

He shook his head a bit, realizing that he was talking out loud to himself and turning his attention to Maira, raising an eyebrow as she choked a bit on her cereal.

"I'm gonna get changed now. I probably won't have much time to hang out since I'm supposed to be helping out with set up, but we may run into each other again at some point," Yuri said, placing his lunchbox on the counter as he started to head towards his room. "Try not to choke to death before then."

He grinned a bit, giving her a small wave as he headed to get changed. Once he reached his room, he pulled on the pair of dark purple, scale print leggings and a lightweight, mesh shirt. It was a bit of an odd look, coupled with with a lightweight purple scarf draped around his shoulders and matching sarong tied around his waist. He left his hair down, but kept a hair elastic on his wrist for when he'd inevitably have to tie it up to work. It still didn't look quite costumey enough for the occasion, so he took several strings of shells which he'd collected to finish off the look. Finally satisfied with it, he headed back downstairs.

(Mentions: Maira AquaMarie AquaMarie )

Ares Siam
Interactions/Mentions: Jonathan Duncan ( Mitheral Mitheral ) / Zasha ( ApfelSeine ApfelSeine ), Iris ( MaddyMadz MaddyMadz )

areesty.png

Just as Ares was losing the battle against himself to not storm over to the bench to place himself between the suspicious man and Iris he heard a man call out to them. He instinctively went to pull his cover-up over his costume only to remember that he had tossed it to Amy before she left. With nothing to grab Ares's found their usual place of being crossed over his chest as he shifted his weight to his left him and looked the man up and down. That was a weird way of saying it but either way he didn't really care about sci-fi stuff.

"You're going to have to wait patiently like everyone else for the parade to start because regardless of how important you think--"

Before Ares could finish his spat, a young man dressed as a pirate hopped down from the mermaid float to greet the man.
"Ahoy matey! Don't mind the Lil princess here, she isn't a morning person--" The man wheezed for air after his gut had a fateful encounter with Ares's fist, his face steaming red with his rising temper.

"Shut it Tyler." Ares snapped after pulling his fist away and turning back to the strange man, "As I was saying, you're going to have to wait unless you're with the news committee but even then fuck off and wait like everyone else."

"Aw come on Ares," Tyler coughed, slowly unfolding himself from clutching his stomach, "There's no harm in a tourist taking some pictures for research. I know it's not always easy to get good shots during the parade so go ahead and go wild."

"Tch," Ares clicked his tongue as he fixed his extra hair strands out of his face and behind his ears. "Just don't get in anyone's way and be quick about it, the parade is getting ready to start." He stepped aside and gestured over at the float he had originally placed himself in front of-- as if someone of his small frame could block out the view of big float behind him. This specific float was one of the main mermaid floats, decorated with jewels and artistic seaweed structures around a pearly clamshell which would be where Ares sat to smile and wave. Standard mermaid display sort of set up.

If they were going to let the guy snap some early photos for a project Ares had no interest in, he would just go back to keeping an eye on--

"Hey Ares, come get your mermaid tail! We gotta make final adjustments." One of the people on the floats called out, holding up a beautifully designed mermaid tail that glistened in the morning sun. Well, at least it was beautiful by the human standard as nothing a human-made could ever really match up to the real thing. He really didn't want to have his legs cooped up in that thing for the whole parade but he already got this far with his promise.

Tyler grinned as he walked over to the float then dramatically bowed, "After you m'lady" he teased as he offered a hand out to assist Ares in climbing onto the float. Ares rolled his eyes and pushed down on the bowing figure then using his body as leverage to host himself onto the float. The young man let out an 'oof' and had barely kept his balance.
As Ares started to slide into the mermaid tail with the help of some of the crew members, Tyler straightened his back and waved Jonathan over, "Ay why don't you get some nice pics of our mermaid here? I think the other mermaids are finishing up on their makeup but I'm sure they'd love to pose for you."

Zasha

When Iris took the seat on the bench, Zasha was momentarily shocked by the bold move. Usually people were put off by his intensely hostile demeanor, if they were not already put off by the leather-clad punk look he always sported. It was not often that someone got close to him, aside from the times he got into physical confrontations of course. It was somewhat novel, seeing someone so casually enter into his personal space without malicious intent. He narrowed his eyes in suspicion, though he had no reason to start a fight just yet, finding her presence off putting.

"It is now..." Zasha replied, attempting a smile that looked more like an animal bearing its teeth.

He looked up as another lady approached, finding that he did not recognize her either. Though Zasha was not prone to remembering the particulars of peoples' appearances. He generally had no need to. As the new woman began to speak to him and the other woman on the bench near him, Zasha found himself once again at a loss for why he seemed to be drawing so much attention. Perhaps it was because he was not - at least in his own opinion - dressed in a crazy way. Or perhaps they were mermaids scouting him out. They certainly looked the part well enough, so his suspicions were piqued.

"Walt Disney? Never heard of him. I don't think he lives in this town," Zasha replied, leaning back as he assessed the newcomer. "Not that I really keep track of the people here in this town. But the mermaid stuff, now that I do know."

He folded his arms behind his head, an uncomfortably wild grin spreading across his face as he kept his focus on their reactions.

"It's nothing to do with any myths. Mermaids are real, and there used to be loads in this town," Zasha continued. "Pretty sure there still are. I've got a sense for this sort of thing. I can practically smell it in the very air. They're laying low though, that's why the town is so ready to celebrate them. They hear the stories but they do not know the truth. When people forget how dangerous merfolk can be, they start to make up all sorts of fantastical ideas about them and how great they are. Those who know real merfolk are those touched by disaster. You can see those sorts of people around these parts if you know where to look. I'm not the only one."

(Mentions: Iris MaddyMadz MaddyMadz , Athena Mitheral Mitheral )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back