• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Crystal Cove

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Lilliana2

Death is no excuse for disobedience
Crystal Cove

Setting: today is the day of the March of the mermaids, a parade is set to start at noon and the fireworks will be as soon as it gets dark. Maybe people are getting ready and are already in costume. Store owners are deciding outside their shops and preparing carts to sell food and drinks to tourists. Some people have come from out of town to join in the festivities so the towns a bit more crowded than usual. A man went missing last night but due to the tourists the news isn’t reporting about the man who disappeared the night before, he was only mentioned briefly in the local newspaper that most people don’t read.

• Octi

The night before

Mentions: Victim

Octi has been enjoying her nightly swim when she saw the small rowboat out on the ocean. It was her third time in this clans territory but she hadn’t met any scouts or warriors yet Small clans are always the easiest to infiltrate...but for now I need a snack I doubt they’ll mind if I take one.

Using her tentacles Octi slowly crept up the side of the boat before sitting at the far end away from the lone fisherman. He was an older gentleman hunched over his pole grey hair. She preferred either the incredibly young or the older humans anyways they were much more tender. Besides what old lonely fisherman could resist a younger temptress? Her tentacles changed into that of human legs, her transformation was a lot easier and faster than most.

”Catch anything?” she asked causing the man to jump he turned to look at the nude woman before quickly looking away. He made a few grumbled to himself as he fussed about her nudity before removing his jacket and throwing it to her. Octi groaned and flung it off.

”Look ma’am I’m not sure how you got on my boat but please cover yourself your indecent.” Octi stared in silent disbelief What the hell is wrong with this guy?!

”I was just looking for some fun, I do prefer the company of older gentlemen” she crawled to his side of the boat and began rubbing his arm when the old man suddenly shoved her off.

”Ma’am! I have been happily married for 42 years! I’m not about to let some random hussy ruin that. I don’t know how you got on my boat but I will gladly take you back to shore it’s dangerous to try to swim back.” he tried to deescalate the situation when Octi rose to her feet.

”You stupid human! How dare you reject me!” she growled as her legs began morphing back into their tentacle forms ”you disgusting old man! I would’ve made your last night on earth a fun one, a man like you would’ve been lucky to be with a woman like me!” the old man stared in shock before jumping overboard to try to escape the mermaid. Octi jumped after him and it was the last time he felt the embrace of the ocean alive.

After Octi had finished devouring the old man she swam back home eager to return the next night for another snack. A new human finger bone dangled from her necklace, all that was left of the old fisherman was his skeleton at the bottom of the ocean.

Last edited:
Koizuru.jpg

Koizuru was probably that most excited in their clan about the festival. She had been waiting for March of the mermaids festival for months after all, and finally, it was here! There were few amazing festivals held in Crystal Cove but March of mermaids was her favorite. Probably because everything that she likes will be there - crowds of people, mermaid costumes, and lots of foods. For her, it felt like heaven, and Gill's handmade costume made it even better. Gill always makes pretty and interesting things with his own hands, but that costume was by far the prettiest for her. She can't even remember how many times she tried it on since he gave it to her and even slept on it last night.

Although because of the excitement, she hardly had any sleep last night. She got up from her bed a bit light-headed and decided to go to the kitchen to drink some water. She was rubbing her eyes when she saw Vivian making herself some breakfast. Her face lit up with a smile as she ran towards her, "Vivi! Good morning!" she greeted with a warm hug. She had always been a hugger that sometimes other people find it inappropriate or too touchy, "Oh...you already went for a swim?" she asked when she caught the scent of the sea from Vivian's hair as she took a step back, "You're not going to wear a costume? Gill made this for me," she said brightly and low-key flaunted the mermaid costume that she was wearing. Lilliana2 Lilliana2

65524449206ff702eda8140eea70900d.jpg

David 6.jpg

It's been a whole year since Ellis had decided to leave everything behind and travel to find his muse. A lot of people told him that it was an insane idea or that he would ruin his career, but none of that mattered to him. After seeing his grandfather's painting years ago, he had set his mind that he would find his own muse and create a masterpiece. Traveling wasn't hard for him, he had enough money, he was good at socializing, and he has an excellent sense of direction. Although even after he had traveled for a year and met a lot of people, he hasn't found what he was looking for. He promised to himself though that he would never give up and keep on moving forward.

It's been a week since he left the previous town and was headed to a town called Crystal Cove. He had heard a lot of things about that place, but the mermaid lore was what piqued his interest. When he arrived, he was welcomed by the salty scent of the sea and realized why people believed that mermaids used to live in that town. As an artist, he has an open mind when it comes to myths and mysteries like that. He believed that when there is smoke, there is a fire, so there must be a reason why mermaids became a thing.

He walked around the town and asked a few people for directions until he found the place where he booked to stay. He was greeted by the landlady with a warm smile and guided him to his room. It was a clean single room with a nice view of the sea. He put down his things and lied down on the bed. He heard that the town would be celebrating an event today and he thought of checking it out later after some rest.

Last edited:
coollogo_com-2126719.pnggirl-with-pink-hair-desenhos-fanart-digital-drawing-rhpinterestcom-black-Hair.jpgLocation: Clan Bungalow
Interaction: Lilliana2 Lilliana2 (Erik/Vivian) DillyWanderer DillyWanderer (Koi)
Mentioned: N/A

Erik may not have liked the March of the Mermaids, but Eleni sure did. And every year she made sure to wear a good costume, alternating between a pirate and a mermaid. And this year it was Mermaid. Her costume may not have been as extravagant as some of the others, but it served its purpose. It was a two-piece outfit, a floor-length ombre colored skirt that went from a light, almost white orange at the waistline, to a dark orange at the bottom. It had a slit in the middle that caused the skirt to flare out a bit giving the impression of a tail, but it kept everything nobody needed to see covered. It kind of shimmered as well, like scales. Speaking of scales, Eleni had painstakingly followed a YouTube tutorial to paint patches of shimmering orange white and yellow scales on some of her exposed body, and on her face near her hairline.

And then speaking of hair, it was up in a loose bun, a few strains left free in order to frame her face a bit. And then came to the top. Don't ask her how she did it. Two white shells and a string that tired around her neck made up her halter top. Seriously, don't ask her how because then it'll get blamed and Erik would hit her. It wouldn't even be as bad as some of the other costumes, and Eleni just wanted to show off her muscle tone a little. Anyway, just as that thought had crossed her mind while Eleni was putting her platform sandals on, she got a text.

Standing up from her bed and crossing her room to the desk, she picked up her worn-out iPhone. Eleni needed an upgrade. But it still worked, so she could obviously see the text from Erik. "Well that's not good, " The woman mumbled. Chances of the this incident being related to them would be slim. But...a few times recently she's smelled a stranger in their territory. Not that whoever it was had stuck around by the time Eleni got to go check, but still. With a sigh, she responded. 'I'll keep an eye out while we're at the festival. Have a good day at work.' She always wished him a good day...but something told her it might not be that easy this time.

With another sigh, she grabbed her wallet and slipped it and her phone into a seashell clutch and bought last year and exited her room, happy to see some people already up and ready or about to get ready as well well. Well, just two. Vivian and Koi. "Good morning you two," Eleni said with a slight smile as she passed them into the kitchen. It was coffee time.

Mia

Interactions: N/A

Mia always loved the March of the mermaids due to the excitement it brought, all the beautiful costumes, and how the whole community came together for a great celebration. This year would be very different as she has to work at her ice cream cart. She hoped that there would be lots of time to look on festivities despite working. An advantage of her job is that she could still get dressed up.

While partying the previous night, Mia had heard that some old man went missing. She figured the man probably got drunk and just fell over the side of a boat. Still felt sorry for him, but didn’t dwell on it as Mia hates negativity and prefers to just focus on the positive. She ate breakfast on the back deck while looking over the ocean.

Jasmine

Mentions: Emilia

Jasmine has been excited for the past week for the March of the Mermaids, it is her favorite festival of the year. Her parents always let her get the day off from work, as long as she helps set up the food stand they have for the parade. She had straightened and curled her hair the night before and laid out her outfit to ensure she had everything ready to go once she was done with helping her parents. She had planned to spend the festival with her new friend Emilia, so JJ had to go and meet Em at her house. Jasmine did her make up to match her top, which was a blue bra that she had decorated with beads and shells. She had attached netting to partially draped diagonally over her stomach, with more beads, shells and small starfish glued onto it as well. For her mermaid 'tail' she had an almost pencil skirt that fell to about her knees with a slit on the left side. It was the same color blue as her top, but with a scale pattern in the shiny fabric. For her shoes, she learned in the past that while heels look great with the outfit, they are not practical for all day wear. Instead, this year she just opted for a simple pair of flip flops.
1589319103822.png

Her final touch to her outside was a big flower she pinned in her hair, partially for decoration, partially to keep her hair from falling into her face. Once she was dressed and ready she made her way over to Em's house. The bubbly girl made her way up to the door and rang the doorbell. She rocked back and forth on her feet slightly as she waited for the blind girl to answer the door.

Flynn Riegel

There was a pleasant breeze blowing from the sea, the crisp saltiness in the air filling Flynn's lungs as he sat on the edge of the jetty, looking out to sea. It was a quiet place, typically only visited by local fishing hobbyists. It was here that Flynn had often ventured out on walks with his foster sister at low tide, though this time he was alone. It had been this way for months, and it was still difficult to adjust to it. He found himself sighing softly to himself, tapping his pen absently against the page as he gathered his thoughts on what to write.

'I hope this letter finds you well. It is the March of the Mermaids today, and things are already pretty hectic. I've already seen quite a few costumes this morning on my walk, so it seems that everyone is as lively as ever.

I was planning to come visit you, since the celebration just won't feel the same without you around. It looks like travel won't be possible this week either though, so for now I'll take on your usual task of photographing the costumes as much as I can. Uncle Niren found your scrapbook the other day, which reminded me of your collection. I hope it is alright that I am borrowing your camera. I will include all of the photos I take today with my letter.

I miss you very dearly, but I promise to have a lot of fun with everyone. I'll be attending with Kai, and he agreed to dress up in costume with me. We will be attending as pirates, of course. I still have the costume you made for me. Luckily it still fits, though it's kind of embarrassing that it draws so much attention. It helps to know that the compliments are all because of your great work.

Next holiday, perhaps you'll be home to enjoy the festivities. To that end, I wish you a speedy recovery to full health.

Sincerely,
Flynn Riegel'

At last satisfied with his letter, Flynn carefully slid the postcard into his jacket pocket. He got to his feet and headed back towards the shore. It was still a bit early for things to be in full swing, but he had a few things to finish before the parade. For starters, he would have to check the film in his foster sister's camera, and grab a quick breakfast. After which, he would head over to Kai's house to make sure he was ready.

(Mentions: Kai Shame Shame )

Calypso

il_1588xN.1364470750_rjz0.jpg il_1588xN.1706964902_oerc.jpg 1313434_205066.jpg 61msuk0xxhl.jpg

This was Calypso’s first year attending the infamous “March of the Mermaids” that took place annually in Crystal Cove. She found the citizen’s interest in mermaids particularly amusing but she found it rather exciting to be celebrated in some way despite them not knowing her true identity; consider her a bit narcissistic in that aspect. Her and the rest of the members of her newly joined clan were free to prance around in all kinds of mermaid garb without question.

The red headed woman had rolled over as the bright light of the rising sun had shinned through the white curtains that covered her windows. She slowly opened up her pale blueish grey eyes before blinking a few times, trying to adjust her eyes to the light. After a few moments she rolled over and picked up the iPhone sitting on the nightstand beside her bed. There was a text notification from Erik sent to her and the rest of the members of the clan. She took note of it but didn’t respond since she didn’t find it too important other than to call him or their other group leader in case of any problems.

After reading it, she locked the phone back up and sat up. It was one of her off days and she was excited to have a day filled with nothing but drinking and eating. It took Calypso maybe an hour to get ready for the festival. She had a quick shower before blow drying and curling her long, vibrant red hair which she left to cascade down her back. She applied a light layer of makeup to match the outfit she had just for the occasion, a brown golden eye, highlight and bright red lipstick.

Calypso threw on the golden bralette covered in painted shells and flowers, a pair of matching high waisted bikini bottoms, some golden wedges and the matching headpiece. She spun around in front of her mirror after dressing to make sure she looked just perfect in her opinion before grabbing her phone and throwing it into the small crossbody bag she had hanging on the back of her door which contained the rest of her necessities.

Calypso slipped the bag onto her body before wandering into the kitchen to make herself some coffee. She just couldn’t start her day without her daily dose of caffeine.

• I'm not sure about this
    Blake held up her phone to Gill to show him the message. Usually, she would have just texted him, but the Sea Dragon had lost his phone the day before. It was bound to show up somewhere, like in the freezer or under the tv stand, but for now, he had to do without.
    Gill glanced down at the text, then went right back to applying white eyeshadow to the side of her face through fishnet tights.

"I know. It's weird, but it works. I watched like three youtube videos. This is the best way to get the scale look. Plus, I can reuse the tights as part of my costume!"
    That was not what she was talking about, but Blake did not type up another message to explain herself. She glanced over at Ares, who looked very annoyed. Then again, he usually looked annoyed.
    Ares had been the one to convince her to dress up. She had been thinking about it for a long time, and Gill had even given her a handmade costume, but it was Ares that made her decide to do it.
    She was starting to regret her decision. She was so uncomfortable. She would have to go out like this! People would be staring at her (more than usual anyway) and she was too tall and too, well, noticeable to hide.
    But, looking at Ares gave her the courage to commit to this. He had almost skipped out on dressing up too, but she had offered to dress up with him if he would. She didn't want to let him down. She didn't want him to do something he was uncomfortable with alone.

You look beautiful
    She sent the text message to Ares as Gill moved to pinning a rather large (and surprisingly heavy) tiara into her hair. As soon as it sent, Blake began to worry about it. Did he think she was making fun of him? Would he get mad that she called him beautiful?

"Okay, you are all done!" Gill announced, pulling her out of her worry about the text to back to worrying about how she looked. The shorter male stood, pulling Blake up with him. She wobbled a little on the heels she was unaccustomed to, but before she could fall, Gill pulled her along to the full length mirror on her wall (she had hosted the dress up party in her room since Gill's was too crowded and hers was nearly empty).
    "Take a look! What do you think?"
    Tears welled up in Blake's cloudy eyes, but she did not dare to let them fall and ruin the beautiful work Gill had done.
    For the first time, maybe in her life, Blake looked at herself and was happy with what she saw. Gill had done an amazing job from the detailed makeup to the bejeweled fishnet tights to the intricate bikini top and crown.
    You did a great job! Your work is beautiful!
    She turned to show Gill the message, but found him hanging upside down trying to clasp together the back of the elaborate top he had made for himself. For a second, a smile flickered on her face before she forced it away. She erased her original message and pulled him to sit down with her. She reached toward the make up, and showed him a new message instead.
    Your turn

August August

5b180b1524b5678f0fa3d614e01cd33c.jpg

5d6b08d31dad715f086f03852a0917ad.jpg

d4cb737d1bbbfb2a079d4eef450d7115.jpg

188388eb9afa8bea32deaa8f6bdc49f1.jpg

8118a56565485ef891306f0588efbbce.jpg
    0e3979a99f7336e9c8bd22459bc86fc8.jpg

6fc277ae5bc5c7b45da7981a0f355ac8.jpg

Last edited:
General - Alcohol
Marisol - Mentions of blood
Finley - Hangovers
Marisol - Erik, Kai, ( Lilliana2 Lilliana2 , Shame Shame
Finley - Vivian, Dennis ( Lilliana2, wereplatypus3 wereplatypus3 )

The March of Mermaids, a highly anticipated festival that came around every single year.

• captivating-pirate-womens-costume.jpg
    Marisol couldn't claim to really understand it, as it seemed like an excuse for humans to get drunk and act reckless. Although, maybe she was the strange one, some of her clan members seemed to be looking forward to the festivities. She had agreed to go with a human acquaintance of hers. Well, acquaintance wasn't quite right...but nothing else fit.

She could still remember the day she met him, it was so clear, so vivid in her memories. The blood pooling in the water, the lovely blonde hair stained red, a barely conscious human out in the ocean. That day, she risked giving herself up to save him.

Marisol successfully prevented him from bleeding out, getting him to the shore and signaling others to come find him. She felt like the most lucky woman in Crystal Cove, as he didn't seem to remember anything about her. Not that she wanted him to forget necessarily, but if he did remember, it would risk her and the clan.

Yet here she was, dressed in a decently nice pirate costume. With a white ruffled dress and cream colored overcoat, Marisol felt relatively comfortable since it was close enough to her usual attire. The only thing she wasn't super fond of, was the high boots with heels.

Marisol attempted to move in them, but quickly fell forward onto the rug of her room. Shaking her head, she tossed the boots aside, content to just go barefoot as she left her room, nodding quietly to the other three mermaids in the living area as she left the house with a small wave.

The smells and sounds of the ocean hit her as soon as she faced the wide open sea, her shoulders sagging in relief a bit. Checking the time, she realized she was early...a bit too early. She glanced to the sea, moving down to the beach as she pulled up the messaging app and texting Erik.

Marisol: Of course, please stay safe as well, Erik.
    Marisol: I'm going out for a quick swim, but I'll be at the festival soon should you need me.
    Marisol: Sharks rule
    Marisol: :)

Content with her message, she set it on top of the hat she set on the sand as she moved out of sight behind a rock, letting herself change into her mermaid form and leaving her costume neatly folded on the beach.

As Marisol moved through the water, she simply followed her heart, going where her instincts guided her as she drifted along the ocean floor. The colors of the reef floated into her field of view as her mind wandered, allowing herself to drift away and relax for once.

Marisol allowed herself only a few minutes out in the reef, meditating for awhile before hesitantly returning. As her mess of ruffled tentacles morphed back into human legs, her hair dripped salt water onto the warm sand. Electing to not put the hat back on, she redressed herself and moved into town.

Approaching her small plant shop on the boardwalk, she retrieved her phone out of the pocket in the overcoat to message Kai.

Marisol: I'm waiting in front of my shop. See you soon, Kai-fish.

• The day started early for Emillia and Claud. Normally she could sleep in, but today was the March of the mermaids celebration and she needed to get him to do her make up before he went into work. She got dressed in a pearl halter top that draped loosely over her skin, the pearls were set in lines on either side of her chest, splitting in the middle to loop around to the back of the top, thin metal chains held them together and decorative fringes hanged off the bottom, pale pasties were underneath to cover her nipples deemed ‘inappropriate’ for women to show in public. She wore simple black pair of shorts that were a soft legging material with a belt and a pair of silky stockings with a golden scale pattern on them. The metal fringes quietly jangled and brushed her skin when she moved and the bottoms were soft and stretchy, perfect for a night of dancing. Her final touch was a pair of white flats with small gold embezzlement’s.
    rBVaSltiZ1mAGlFXAAdUxpMRg6c298.jpg

61MN08c3XZL._AC_UX679_.jpg

il_794xN.1185755921_2l3b.jpg
    Emillia walked over to the bathroom and closed the toilet lid, sitting on top of it. “Claud I’m ready for make up!” She called with a small grin.
    “Okay! I’m coming! I’ll be right there!” He yelled back. She could hear him rushing in her direction, he didn’t realize it but he had a lead foot whenever he ran. It always gave her a laugh when she would tease him about sounding like an elephant in the house.
    “Sorry about that, you said you wanted a golden look right?” He asked as he arrived. He opened the sink and got out the make up basket, she could hear the brushes and pallets clattering quietly as he shifted through them. “Yeah, but you said we didn’t have any so I was thinking just a shiny pearly look.” She said politely. She didn’t want to tease him right before he did her make up, while he’d never messed it up on purpose she preferred not to tempt fate. “Well yeah, but I said I had a surprise for you earlier remember? I ordered you a new make up pallet with a really nice gold and other metallic colors.” He explained. He set things outside of the box, something glass, and multiple plastic bits.
    She smiled “You didn’t have to do that! Thank you.” He was always doing stuff like this. She thought it was sweet, but also knew it came from a place of guilt. He never really forgave himself for leaving her and tried to make it up to her by treating her nice and buying her things. She always felt unsure how to accept stuff like this, but she did none the less.
    It took him about twenty minutes start to finish. She couldn’t see if but he described it as a golden lids with a Smokey fade under them and a sharp eye liner style. Her lips were a simple glossy peachy color and her cheeks were highlighted with just a hint of gold.
    “Thanks Claud.” She said as she got up. “No problem, hey Em. I know it’s a party and stuff but...if you decide to go home with someone could you let me know?” He asked. She blinked in surprise, what was his deal? He sounded really serious “Yeah Claud, is everything okay? You don’t normally worry so much.” She wondered if something happened at work he wasn’t really allowed to tell her, because he let out a light chuckle at her question. “I’m alright, just reminding you. I’m heading in now so I’ll see you later.” He added before leaving the bathroom and heading for the door.
    Emillia day on the couch as she waited for her friend Jasmine. It wasn’t very long before the bell rang, she jumped up and rushed to the door opening it with a grin “Hey JJ! Are you ready to party?” She asked gleefully. JJ was a new friend of hers and they didn’t know each other very well, but they clicked well together. “Do you know what you want to do first?” She asked as she locked up the house behind her. She kept her collapsible cane in her purse for now.

@MaddyMaz

Jasmine stopped rocking on her feet when the door opened. Her face lit up seeing her friend, then her eyes widened a bit as she made herself, look up briefly. She didn't that would be what Emilia would wear.

"Hey Em! Yeah!" She took a step back so the girl could exit her house. "I was thinking we could grab something to eat before everything started getting crazy? If you haven't eaten already that is." She offered. She knew Emilia was blind because, well it would kinda be hard not to with her eyes being a greyed over color and her cane that she had to assist her when they first had met. Although right now, she noticed she didn't have her cane.

"Did you bring your cane?" She asked, hoping not to seem rude. "Or I can lead you?" She offered her arm for Emilia to hold onto, even though she couldn't see it.

Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23

Ares Siam
Interactions: Blake, Gill ( Shame Shame ), Leo ( Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 )​
areesty.png

This whole thing was ridiculous. Ares didn't even plan on going to the festival until his friend got sick and begged him to go in her place. Even then he hadn't considered getting dolled up for this ordeal. If it wasn't for Blake he probably would be at home reading ahead but she seemed like she wanted to get all dressed up and he knew if she wasn't pushed to it she'd regret it. So there he was, all decked out in some over the top drag waiting on the others to finish. Like hell he was walking out like this all on his own-- even with the skill of Gill and these hair extensions, it was obviously him and that alone was enough embarrassment.

Leaning against the wall, Ares kept staring at the clock of his phone, only glancing up in hopes that Gill and Blake would take longer only to see Blake's courage faltering. Ares scowled at her as if daring her to even think about chickening out of this. I'll drag her kicking and screaming if I have to, he thought to himself crossing his arms and holding his testing gaze at her. When his phone buzzed he was almost prepared to beat the confidence into her, thinking she was texting him she wasn't sure about all this. He lowered his eyes to skim the message;

You look beautiful

Ares was taken aback at this and was about to argue on how impossible that would be when he caught a glimpse of his reflection on the screen. He couldn't help but turn on the selfie mode of his camera to admire Gill's work. With the makeup and hair extensions, he really did make out to be a convincing girl. Ares stared at himself, almost amazed at how pretty he looked-- wait a second . . .

The brief moment of fondness vanished, his annoyed expression returning. This was still stupid.

At least Blake seemed to be happy with it . . . and it seemed like his job here was done, so maybe there was still time for him to slip away to finish a chapter. Ares had started to creep over to the door, quietly twisting the knob when a sudden knock on the door caused him to jump. Ares opened the door slightly but leaned against the door frame to block out the opening with his arms crossed. He looked Leo up and down, giving him a questioning look before calling over his shoulder,
"Gill, someone's asking about you at the door."

e768eb8d75da0460ab1c64e631787290.jpg

2jpg_5a43e1ce47aa0988444041_med.jpg

Flynn Riegel

Feeling the vibration in his pocket, Flynn paused his search through his foster sister's closet and pulled out his phone. He smiled when he saw the message from Kai inviting him to breakfast. He hasn't gotten much opportunity to share meals with others while in school, so he was more than happy to get an invitation. Though he didn't fully understand the risk aspect of eating waffles. Perhaps because they could be messy to consume? Whatever the reason, he was still pleased. He enjoyed meals at Kai's, though he sometimes caught strange looks from his friend for the enthusiasm which Flynn would eat anything offered.

'Thank you very much. I'll head over once I've found Sandy's camera. That should only take a few minutes.'

Once he had sent his reply, Flynn returned to his search. He found the camera in a box of scrapbooking supplies. There were a few unused rolls of film, so Flynn replaced the old one before setting out.

His home was not far from Kai's, so it did not take him long until he reached his destination. Stopping outside the door, he knocked politely, then paused as he deliberated internally whether he should have texted instead so as not to interrupt Kai's meal. Though then again, he was expected. Flynn found himself fiddling with the cuffs of his jacket and took a deep breath to relax himself, knowing that he was overthinking things again.

(Mentions: Kai Shame Shame )

Yuri

During the nights, Yuri preferred to keep to the ocean waters. He still wasn't used to being around so many other merfolk at once, as it truly had been a long time since he'd been a part of a proper mermaid clan. Still, perhaps he'd eventually settle into sleeping on land like most of the others. For the time being, finding a safe place to rest in the deep waters had been far more comfortable.

It was fairly early in the morning when Yuri emerged from the water, the sarong tied around his waist allowing a smooth transition to his human form. He made his way up the beach towards the bungalow where he kept his human belongings, sand sticking to his wet feet. Yuri approached the back entrance of the home to slip in unobtrusively, taking a moment to wring out the excess water from his long hair before heading inside. From there, he headed straight to the kitchen.

Four of his fellow clean members were already there, Vivian eating cereal as Koizuru showed off her outfit while Eleni and Calypso appeared drawn to the coffee maker. Yuri had never understood the appeal of coffee, it was far too bitter for his taste, but it was undeniably popular with humans and merfolk alike. As for himself, he much preferred the sweeter breakfast options available.

"Morning ladies," he greeted, heading over the the refrigerator with a passing smile to them. "Something seems different about you all today. Did you get a haircut?"

He knew that they were each dressed up for the holiday, but he couldn't help but tease just a bit. They all looked good, that was for certain. He would have to get dressed up too in a bit, but breakfast came first.

(Mentions: Vivian Lilliana2 Lilliana2 , Koizuru DillyWanderer DillyWanderer , Eleni FireMaiden FireMaiden , Calypso DuchessAnyaxx DuchessAnyaxx )

• 5825ea217f298d9014e73b0843851574.jpgMaira woke up with a gasp “oh no! I slept in!” she gasped trying to quickly get out of her pillow and plush filled bed. Getting tangled with her blankets she fell on to the ground with a loud thud. Finally getting untangled she got up and rushed over to her closet to pull out her outfit and the headpiece she had been working for the past three months. Placing everything on her bed, she quickly got dressed into her blue and purple jumpsuit. Sitting at her desk she got to work on her make-up following a video tutorial. Hopefully, after all the practice she had, she hoped it would not take her forever to place on her makeup.
    Two hours later, she was finally all done. With a giggle, she spun around flapping around her cape. “Perfect! Now to show everyone!” she said with excitement as she left her room. Exiting her room she could hear noise coming from downstairs, a huge smile forming on her face as she was glad some of her clanmates were awake. Excited she quickly made her way down the stairs, slipping on the last steps. With a small yelp, she was able to catch herself by grabbing on to the railing. With a giggle, she adjusted her headpiece and skipped over to the kitchen. “MORNING EVERYONE!” she said happily with her arms in the air. “Oh my goodness! Guys you all look so beautiful!” she said squishing her cheeks together as she looked over the clan mates within the kitchen. “OH! Look! Like my outfit?!” she asked doing a twirl “OH! OH! LOOK!!!.....” She said becoming more excited as she lifted up her cape and slowly turned around “I’M BIOLUMINESCENT! ” she added with a giggle.
    3e15a27930fff013b1c07c97e6d19559.jpg
    0c4a60e0a500b4a119748f698cfb0aec.jpg
    df877d9309803238f555da7b8e5ad491.jpg(the colors of the outfit matches her head piece)
    fdc3ef3f190659cfcc8b8aa650aa8644.jpg

Thomas Gray

Thomas had driven into the town at around 10 PM the night before, after spending most of the day on the road. It wasn't the greatest ride- his cheap minivan was prone to breaking down close to every half hour or so, and this was no different. When he finally showed up into town, tired from the long ride, he just used the key he go in the mail, sat on the living room couch, and fell asleep immediately.

It was now about sunrise, and his eyes opened to the generally... odd house. He didn't remember much from when he visited his grandparents, and this house was definitely not one of those memories. It was empty, but there were still slight reminders of it's previous inhabitants- a tv, a large bookshelf- not to mention their actual room. That's not somewhere he really wanted to go until he got everything cleaned out. It almost felt like he was a robber, in someone else's house. He had to remind himself constantly that that was not the case, and this WAS his house now.

He brought a suitcase with a few changes of clothes, a bag of coffee grounds, and a few more basic essentials, as well as a guitar, but other than that, he pretty much had nothing to live off of. As he poured himself a cup of coffee, he sighed, knowing everything that would need to be bought today. He had heard of this mermaid march thing when researching the town, soon after he first got the letter in the mail, but didn't quite think it would be as big a thing as it really is. That was a big mistake.

Thomas decided to spend a bit of time exploring the house- bedroom still off limits. It was a fairly large house, largest one he's ever lived in, at a good two stories connected by an incredibly creaky staircase. The whole house was blanketed in a thin coating of dust, especially the upstairs office, with history books that seem to have not been touched in years. He cleaned up shop a bit, and moved his belongings into the downstairs guest room.

"I guess I have to head into town for things now," Thomas thought, and hopped into his death machine of a car.

• Putting makeup on a fidgety Gill was harder than she thought it would be. Especially when he kept reaching out to adjust her tiara or a piece of her bikini.
    After trying to line his lips with a thin green (that was starting to become thicker and thicker every time he moved), Blake's light eyes turned to Ares for help. Maybe he could loan Gill a book. She was getting desperate and that would keep him still at least for a little bit.
    A pang shot through her chest and anxiety began to bubble in her stomach when she saw that he was trying to quietly move to the door. She dropped her eyes down to the phone in his hand.
    Oh.
    He had saw her message and it obviously made him mad. Did he hate her? Why did she send that?? Did he not want to be her friend anymore? Were they even friends to begin with.
    Gill said something to her about sea glass and she forced herself to focus back on doing his makeup.
    She was just finishing up with mascara when there was a knock at the door.
    “Hey Gill, what’re you up to?”
    "Gill, someone's asking about you at the door."

Gill stood up suddenly, smearing the mascara across his cheek.
    Blake could only stare at him, almost frozen thinking how her work was now ruined.
    Gill bounced up to the door, lightly bumping Ares's hip as he flung the door open so hard it banged against the wall.
    Blake flinched.
    "Thanks for getting the door, Ares. Hey, Leo! We're getting ready for the celebration. I love your hair! What'd you do to it? How'd you get it like that? Is it permanent? Is it like that for the March of the Mermaids?" Gill said in a rush, reaching out to touch it. "Can you change in by will? Is that one of your mermaid powers? Like my hair is so much more blue when I'm myself. Like Marisol. Or Maria. That's funny. We have two blue haired "Mari"s. Can humans change their hair unnatural colors? Or is that just a mermaid thing?"
    By this time, Blake joined the three at the door, standing a good bit behind Ares and Gill to give them plenty of space. She didn't want to be in their way.
    Oh, she should say something to Leo so she didn't think she was being rude.
    Hey, Leo! 👋
    Blake paused then slowly deleted the message before she could send it.
    Hello, Leo.

Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 August August

coollogo_com-2126719.pnggirl-with-pink-hair-desenhos-fanart-digital-drawing-rhpinterestcom-black-Hair.jpgLocation: Clan Bungalow
Interaction: DuchessAnyaxx DuchessAnyaxx (Calypso)
Mentioned: Lilliana2 Lilliana2 (Erik/Vivian) DillyWanderer DillyWanderer (Koi) AquaMarie AquaMarie (Mari)

Unfortunately today, Eleni had to take on making some fresh coffee herself. And in all honesty, she wasn't paying attention to anything else going, the voices of her clan mates going unheard until she smelled a familiar scent. Looking up she spotted their newbie Calypso. With a polite smile, and a brief motion to the coffee pot which had just started producing some fresh bean water, Eleni was basically telling her it was gonna be a little bit. Cal was...well, Eleni had found herself rather annoyed with the new girl quiet a bit. But, there wasn't much she could do about that yet. She was still a new alpha, and while everyone else seemed mostly okay with it...she didn't want to immediately risk that position. With a brief look to the others once Mari had come down and started making a lot of noise, she sighed softly with a bit of a smile. The optimistic members always seemed to make Eleni smile...even when they were almost ear-splittingly loud.

• Erik

Mentions: Emillia, Jasmine, Marisol, Eleni
    Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow FireMaiden FireMaiden MaddyMadz MaddyMadz
    Interactions: Claud

Have a good day with the clan :) Erik texted back Eleni, he’d figured out how to use emojis recently and had started adding them into his text messages. He also read Marisols Thank you Marisol, have a good swim! he texted back he smirked at the sharks rule, he requested they type that back sometimes to make sure they read all his messages. He appreciated her texting it back even if he hadn’t requested it that morning. She’s one of the good ones. He thought to himself, not that anyone in the clan was bad. He loved all of them...but a few of them needed tougher love than others. Claud exited his house and joined Erik in the Jeep bringing up the disappearance.

”Don’t worry I wasn’t waiting too long.” He responded to the first question before taking a deep breath in ”To be honest, I have a bad feeling about this disappearance. Him and his wife were happy, and even though he was older he didn’t have any behavioral or mental disorders so I doubt he would accidentally get lost. Plus he went fishing every night so it doesn’t make sense that he’d have a fishing accident either.” he didn’t want to outright say it but deep down he had a feeling it was one of two things the old man either fell out of his fishing boat, or was pulled out.

He sat in the driveway for a second and watched as Jasmine met up with Emillia, he whistled quietly as Clauds sister walked out. ”Emillia might be blind but she sure knows how to dress to impress!” Erik teased Claud before pulling out of the drive way and heading towards the beach. It was refreshing seeing how humans took care of their disabled family members. In the ocean a lot of clans would kill off disabled infants or leave them to die. Some even believed that being born disabled was some sort of punishment for a previous life. After Clauds reaction died down Erik commented again this time giving him a subtle praise ”Her makeup looks really pretty today, you did a nice job.”

They pulled up to the side of the beach where boats could leave. Eriks plan was to transform and swim to see if he could find anything, since Claud already knew his secret there was no point not utilizing it, especially since diving equipment would hinder his observation skills. So long as his partner didn’t make too big of a deal about it it would be fine. He’s probably going to ask me a million questions after we leave, I completely forgot about that. his questions were sweet but they could be exhausting at the same time.

Koizuru.jpg

Koi smiled brightly when Vivian unzipped her jacket to show her costume. She thought that the purplish tint of the costume really matches Vivian's complexion, "That looks perfect on you! I know, right? Gill really makes pretty things with his hands...he also made a headdress for me too, I'll get it later in my room." Lilliana2 Lilliana2

She looked back when she heard Eleni's voice, "Good morning, El!'' She greeted back and watched Eleni make her way to the coffee maker. Eleni had always been friendly towards her since Koi joined the clan, but sometimes there was this intimidating aura around her that made Koi slightly uncomfortable. It was probably because she holds the alpha female position after overthrowing the previous one with her strength. Koi was about to comment on her costume when Calypso came to get coffee as well. She watched the two of them together and noticed again the slight tension between the two. Calypso was new to the clan and found a job in Crystal Lagoon with her and Eleni, and the tension had been there right from the start. She wanted to do something about it but was worried that she'll just make things worse for the other two. FireMaiden FireMaiden & DuchessAnyaxx DuchessAnyaxx

She watched the two until Yuri came to the kitchen. She smiled at Vivian mischievously as if telling her that she got it. She approached Yuri quietly from behind then jumped on his back, "Oh really....how about I give you a haircut instead!" she said and gently held on his hair to tease him. She knew how much Yuri liked his long black hair since she had known him longer than others. She and Yuri had become friends when they were kids back when they were still in the pacific ocean. Although after she escaped her clan, she hadn't seen him until he came to Crystal Cove recently. Koi was a surprise to see how much he had grown but still recognized him instantly. Koi fishes are good at recognizing faces after all. She kept on messing Yuri's hair when Maira made her cheerful entrance. Her eyes glinted with excitement when Maira twirled around to show her costume. ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

"Soooo cute," She muttered before jumping down from Yuri’s back. She looked at him with a big smile before approaching Maira, "I know you'll look the cutest of all, Mai!!!" she exclaimed and wrapped the little one in her arms. She had always liked how cute Maira was and treated her as the youngest sibling in the clan. AquaMarie AquaMarie

She looked at Vivian then when she mentioned heading out, "Okay! We'll see you around," she hugged her back with a smile.

"You should get ready as well, Yu," she said squinting her eyes towards Yuri, "Don't you dare spoil the fun by not wearing any costume! Right, Mai? Everyone should get dressed up and have fun today!" she said, giving Maira another squeeze.

Last edited:
5825ea217f298d9014e73b0843851574.jpgMaira giggled turning off the lights of her outfit, she was glad her clanmates liked her outfit. Last year was the first year she got to join in the celebration of March of the Mermaids, as her first year with the clan she had washed ashore after the celebration. Last year she dressed up like a seahorse, although she was not even sure what she was supposed to be this year. It did not matter it was just so much fun dressing up.

“Thank you, Vivian, thankyou Koi” she thanked them both repliying happily as she swayed side to side watching as Vivian walked over the sink. She smiled returning the hug when Koi came over snd pulled her into a hug “Aww Koi...you think so?” she asked a blush across her face from 5he comment as Koi hugged her. Smiling over towards Vivian as she walks over towards them “Have fun Vi!” she replied happily returning the hug with a tight one, waving goodbye when she left.

Maira turn over towards Yuri and nodded “Yes Yu, come on its so much fun! You can dress up and have fun...they have music..” she gasped “and the best part of all,..they yummy treats!” she said imagining all the yummy sugary foods. A giggle and a small squeak escaping her as Koi gave her another squeeze to their hug. She smiled nuzzling into the hug, returning the squeeze.

(So many of us...hoped I tagged everyone who was in the kitchen XD) FireMaiden FireMaiden Lilliana2 Lilliana2 DillyWanderer DillyWanderer ApfelSeine ApfelSeine DuchessAnyaxx DuchessAnyaxx

((I'll wait for SpectrumCrow to come and reply before I post a reply from Marianne))

Last edited:
Jonathan Rhand

March of the Mermaids

If there was ANYWHERE on the planet Duncan would rather not have been, it was at some small town local rendition of a Mardi Gras. But the subject WAS mermaids. And he had a science fiction angle to take on the whole mermaid idea. But he also liked to research the facts. Details mattered when it came to developing the lore for a series of books.

Tradition required him to dress up. Unfortunately Duncan - correction Jonathan Rhand (He needed to remember that he was travelling incognito.) - never dressed in loud colors - except when snow skiing. Even then his colors were blue and black. He was wearing brand new jeans - as if that was dress clothing - and a dress black shirt - as opposed to a T-shirt. At least he wasn’t wearing tennis shoes. Dress shoes for the occasion. Add to that his Ray Bans (iGlasses in disguise) and he was all set. He could even take videos with his glasses without being obvious. And you couldn’t get more public than a parade or town party, right?

He flipped channels to check on his acoustic hydrophone monitors briefly to see if there had been any unusual activity. The software he had gotten from Dr Misty LiSan and Dr Alex Tanis was way beyond his understanding of linguistics - and he even had a degree. But Misty specialized in dolphin speech; Alex in dead languages. Over the past week he had sent out underwater and surface drones to listen to all the species and map the ocean floor and sea creature movements. Slowly he was getting a picture of what lived where and at what depths. The research was giving him a chance to test his Pikachu sensors in an underwater setting. But so far he was finding that he would need to adjust the laser frequencies as the range was so short that the data was useless.

He smiled at the thought of the name for the sensors. The full name was picosecond laser spectrophotometer - sort of a mouthful. A child of a non-science major who had no idea what he had been talking about came up with that little gem. He had thought it was so cute he had adopted the name. Noone but him really cared HOW they worked.

The biohounds weren’t doing much better. Again, just not designed for use in water. They were really just an artificial nose many times more sensitive than a bloodhound.

Rhand sighed. He was already incredibly bored. Sure there was plenty of eye candy. He was a red blooded male. But he really wanted to get back to his science. Unfortunately he had made some donations to the local schools and law enforcement - and the Mayor had invited him. One thing he had come to understand. It was wiser to accept gratitude when you did something to make some think they needed to express it. To him it was just money. He just hoped the Mayor wouldn’t make a big deal about it. He really didn’t want the publicity.

By now he had collected a fair bit of local literature on the town’s origin story. But he had noticed a lot of facts didn’t correlate. He had already amassed a huge digital collection of data on mermaids from around the world. It would take him months to go through it. So he had hired data research teams to sift through the data and boil the data down - with citations - to a streamlined format.

It was the local legend that interested him - and the fact that it was so debated. To him, if there was any truth to the existence of mermaids and the legends were real, then ALL of the sides were correct. The mermaids hadn’t fled for any one reason, but for all of them. Humans came in all types, just as mermaids did. So he had decided to focus on the specifics. His official stance was that without specific details like names, addresses and dates, he would place any rumor in a hearsay folder as non-evidence.

His left hip was finally telling him he had been walking or standing long enough and he finally found himself a seat. Even with the brace he wore on his left side didn’t keep constant movement from causing a little pain. But at least it minimized his limp.

Flynn Riegel

Flynn found himself somewhat surprised by the rush that followed his arrival, a bit stunned but finding himself relaxing as Kai wheeled up in his chair, happy to see his friend getting into the spirit of things. He still wasn't entirely used to the height difference that came with his friend being wheelchair bound, but he pushed aside the nagging sense of guilt that lurked in the back of his mind and smiled cheerfully as he voiced his approval of Kai's costume.

"Your costume looks great on you," Flynn said, pausing to take the waffles that were offered to him. His expression was one of confusion until he heard Kai mention Marisol. He wasn't personally familiar with her, but whenever Kai spoke about her it was clear that he was in a good mood. He was looking forward to meeting her, and waited patiently as Kai gathered up all his things.

Once Kai had retrieved his hat and locked up, Flynn took a step forward, stopping as Kai spoke. A grin spread across Flynn's face, as he was unable to hold in the laugh that Kai's pirate speak had brought on. It reminded him of his foster sister, in the best possible way. It was undeniably corny, but Flynn could not help but feel his spirits lift around Kai's infectious enthusiasm.

"Aye matey, ready as ever," Flynn replied, his smile spread from ear to ear as his shoulder shook slightly with barely contained laughter. "I'm eager to meet this young lass you speak about so often."

He nudged Kai's shoulder playfully before eating the waffles he had been given. If there was anything wrong with the taste, Flynn showed no reaction. Instead, he appeared cheerful, happy to be spending time with Kai in such a relaxed manner.

(Mentions: Kai Shame Shame , Marisol SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow )

Yuri

Yuri smirked as Vivian was quick to retort, pleased that there was someone in the group who would readily engage in a bit of teasing banter. Koizuru was quick on the uptake as well, albeit a bit more physical in her playfulness. She had a remarkable amount of energy for someone with such a small frame. Though perhaps her energy was simply condensed into one big ball of cheerfulness. It wasn't too dissimilar from the merkoi he had known her to be from childhood, and he took her flying hug in stride, staying upright and chuckling at her playful threat. It wasn't often that he let people touch his hair, but she was a particular exception.

Once he was finally released from the clutches of his cheerful friend, Yuri ran his fingers through his hair to straighten it out, looking over to Maira with a smile. Her costume was certainly cute, not to mention elaborate. It was nice to see that everyone was getting in on the fun to various degrees. He began to gather the ingredients for breakfast, waving back to Vivian as she left. For someone so seemingly quiet, she certainly gave Yuri the impression of being very busy. Perhaps that was how things were for teens in this region, or perhaps Vivian was more active than she appeared. He had not known her long enough to truly be able to tell. If she was having fun that was what counted, so Yuri didn't dwell on the train of thought for too long.

"Well there's no way I can compare to you two, you're a pretty dazzling sight even just standing around the kitchen," Yuri replied with a grin as his attention refocused to Koizuru and Maira as they urged him to don a costume. "I do have a costume though, so don't count me out of the festivities. I'm going to be busy helping some folks out during the parade, but I've been looking forward to this ever since I heard about it."

He placed aside a mixing bowl as he went to measure out the amount of flour he'd need.

"Do all those things you mentioned happen during the parade? Or is this thing going to run all night?" Yuri asked, glancing over his shoulder at Maira.

(Mentions: Vivian Lilliana2 Lilliana2 , Koizuru DillyWanderer DillyWanderer , Maira AquaMarie AquaMarie )

Thomas Gray

As Thomas drove through town, he was amazed by the sheer spectacle of everything around him. He was aware of the festival, sure. In fact, he had read up on it when researching the town, and he noticed a few books devoted to it in his house's ex-tenant's library, but he kind of assumed it was a small, humble event. A relic of an older, simpler time. However, there were a great deal of people here already, and it was still quite early in the morning. He only knew attendance would grow as the day progressed. It reminded him of a few music festivals he went to- the sheer quantity of people, the elaborate get ups, the stands.

And those elaborate get-ups were more common than he assumed they would be. Almost all the women were dressed as mermaids, and the men as pirates. They were genuinely beautiful costumes, and obviously took a lot of effort to make. Thomas would almost definitely stand out in his bright red flannel and ratty jeans... that's another thing he should attend to. Buying new clothes. Of course there were two major problems with this. The first was the fact that most stores, with an event of this size, will either be shut down, filed to the brim, or have jacked up prices. The other was that he already didn't have too much money with him. He still needed food, drink, the works, so he had to get a job at some point. But now.. well, he doubted people would be hiring.

Thomas parked near the boardwalk, and it was only then he really felt comfortable. It reminded him of a vacation, like when his parents would take him to theme parks every couple of years for his brother's birthday. The smell of the ocean was thick, and the ambiance of the festival, the loud bustling, the kids running all around, the vendors, it was exciting.

It was also at this moment that Thomas had a plan that would solve at least one of his problems. There are plenty of vendors, so he assumed this was all free game. Besides, there were a lot of tourists around (Thomas did realize he was technically closer to a tourist than a resident, what with his quite recent arrival, but that's besides the point) He had his guitar still in his trunk, and people almost certainly wanted a bit of live music. And, in his personal experience, they're sometimes willing to pay for said music. Besides, it's not begging- he's offering a service in return.

Ok, fine, it was pretty close to begging, but he preferred to think of it as enterprise. Besides, he would just use it to pay for a few of the goods found at the march. So, he pulled out his guitar case, and walked through town to find a place where he wouldn't be in anyone's explicit way, but would still be close enough to the general crowd to be noticeable. When he found a spot, he set down his guitar case, puled out his guitar, and started playing. He had a couple of general songs he thought would fit the atmosphere, a few ocean based folk songs and the like, which he began playing.

Interactions: N/A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back