• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern π‚π‘πŽπ–π & π‚π€π’π”π€π‹π“πˆπ„π’ | a royalty drama (looking for more Rhonne delegates!)

mizton

𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘒𝘡π˜ͺ𝘴𝘧π˜ͺ𝘦π˜₯

• intro

✧

no thoughts

to start...

Y
    ou find yourself either guest of or belonging to the royal court of an inland nation in decline.

You've known life in this country to be comfortable, though modest. All signs lead to a steady decline in wealth, power, resources, & even people, though its descent's been slow. A nation in its last decade. The royal palace bustles with advisors & scholars in pursuit of solutions to solve the nation's retrograde. The sentiment isn't overtly optimistic, but that isn't to say all hope's been lost yet. There's talks of potential breakthroughs in all sorts of disciplines, be it battle or agriculture, but it seems that time is the biggest threat looming over the nation.

At a glance, the continent this small nation calls home is the battlefield of two country masses divided by a massive mountain range, cut only by river. Just earlier this year, whispers of the particularly ruthless force of the east crossed the mountains. It is said that in 3 years time, the eastern nation will be positioned to storm the river & reach the western powerhouse. Divided by this river is the country you find yourself in, a mere afterthought between warring nations.

The western neighbor's offered to unify, but it takes only a map (lmao) to understand why: the nation's eastern border, lined by strategic mountain range, would serve that western neighbor well when united. Or annexed. Those 3 years approach quickly & though peaceful offer's been made, a conclusion will be reached by that time should the country you find yourself in not reach their own decision.

More pressing is the task that western neighbor's been entrusted with. The empress of that western neighbor, proactive & scheming, has sent a delegation to disturb the nation's royal courtβ€”the one you find yourself in. The task is simple: pressure the court into signing the unification agreement by whatever means necessary; be it by draining resources, sabotaging academic progress, or by more domestic means.

The years ahead leading to war are sure to be interesting ones.

Now, to give names to these nations: the western nation is called Rhonne, the eastern Gnoa, & the tiny nation hugged by mountains, cut by river, is called Maritria.

There's two parties in this story: Rhonne's representatives & Maritria's royal court, with the vague threat of Gnoa's invasion looming over them both.

While this synopsis focuses on country matters & war, I want to make it clear that I just want there to be believable reason for the tension between these parties.

I'm just interested in a dramatic story about nobility &, more importantly, about your characters! I want to encourage strong, active characters with interests in winning the favors of others in order to work towards their goals. I want to see ambition to secure peaceful lives, poison plots, rises through nobility, & maybe even some tasteful court violence, as the title implies.

Additionally, I want you to consider whether or not your character would know of Maritria's imminent threat. It's common knowledge that the country is weak & life there is difficult, but matters relating to war & talks of unification would be known mostly by strategists. Is your character some kind of advisor or child of one? If they don't have a solid explanation, it's safe to assume that these following years are just business as usual. If they're particularly young, it's possible that some sort of party would be held soon to introduce them into high society. Things like that would be on their mind.

I want to emphasize that, though Maritria is weak, Rhonne's party is still in foreign land & that anyone of high esteem can call for a trial; any sudden offense to their court could very well be met with incarceration or death. The same goes the other way around. I hope this threat encourages subtlety!

(scroll on the music bar to pull the "TO START..." up to the top, if you haven't already!)

on a lighter note, thank you for making it this far! when i was thinking about a good plot to GM for, this seemed easy at first! my knowledge of nobility, at the time, was supplied almost solely by transmigration manhwas. as i got into planning, i realized how involved & character dependent it was, but it still really excited me. i've been studying royal courts for the sake of this story so i'll hopefully be able to offer crucial insight for players.

i love moments where the main character looks super smart for carrying out a clever plan that subverts expectations! when it comes to stories in general, though, i love exploring character interactions & what makes them tick; if these are things you like, i definitely encourage you to apply. any questions, feel free to leave a comment here or message in the Discord!

i hope this plot attracts minor history buffs, character dynamic enthusiasts, & drama/slice-of-life enjoyers! thank you for reading! β™‘

intro

roles

rules

crown & casualties

palace
portraits

genre

drama, slice-of-life

status

accepting

discord link

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Last edited:

maritria's royal palace

scroll

Maritria's Royal Palace

As far as size goes, the palace is far from the most extravagant on the continent, but still the largest & nicest building within the country. For every guest, there are twice the amount of rooms available with particularly respectable arrangements for the most esteemed of. Buildings with complementary architecture sit beside the main residence.

Grand doors enter into an equally grand & lavish foyer with a forked staircase, perhaps with staff positioned on each step for a first impression. A fashionable eye might notice dated furnishings & decorations or chandeliers with missing candles, while practicality notices great care put into the upkeep of all other things.

A greenhouse turned reception room; the women of the palace are known to host their lighthearted gatherings here. Tea parties, meetings, & other things of that nature. Large arched windows let in natural light that illuminates hanging plants & other greenery.

Studies, bedrooms, & other sitting rooms on the palace’s first floor have windowed doors that lead into a patio or garden of one of the palace’s many courtyards.

Sitting rooms or generally widely-used studies with no one owner often used to receive guests. These rooms do well with receiving guests & hosting political meetings.

Bookshelves adorn the walls. The room is dimly lit by scattered candles. Plants brighten the area & fend off the scent of paper. The ladder exists.

Long rows of columns bridge the walkways between palace buildings, casting great shadows over its passersby in the afternoons & late evenings.

Though the palace can be walked from the inside, there are exits & entrances all throughout for ease of access. These unroofed connections serve to provide shortcuts between building corners.

The palace boasts decadent ballrooms for hosting specially invited guests & uniting the nobles of the nation through feast & dance. These parties are often just a little under a week long, if the celebration calls for it, with guests staying overnight within the palace’s guest rooms.

Outside, in the courtyard, sits a beautiful fountain that calls to those who pass by with its impressive design, and cooking temperature from those dizzying dances at the ballroom, or a tempestuous rendezvous with an illicit lover. Well looked after, and cherished, the fountain is a huge hotspot for those who reside in the palace, and those who visit. While it’s focal point is the fountain itself, the statues around the area also hold charm over visitors with their ethereal appearances and gorgeous dispositions.

White walls, accented with a gold trim, are commonly used in the palace bedrooms to keep a regal feel throughout. Fresh flowers, often pinks and reds, find residence inside and, amongst the regality, adds a bit of colour to the mature rooms. Includes a large bed, bedside cabinets, fireplace and a small, personal, table that seats two.

Grand, regal, fit for the royals that use them. Carpeted, housing a sofa and armchair, large bed and dressers. These bedrooms are like two rooms in one with their impressive interior and size. Each corner is decorated, the walls adorned with paintings and furniture stands proud.

Long hallways, decorated with marble pillars and grand chandeliers, bask in the beautiful light that floods through tall, arched, windows.

Miscellany

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

lore

about the countries

scroll

Maritria
A mountainous nation. A blip in the mountain border between Gnoa & Rhonne. In portrait, its appearance is peaceful & idyllic; in its prime, it was a popular vacation hub for the nobles of its neighboring nations. Its landscape is jagged & lush with invasive greenery that thrives in newly crop-hostile soil. Its mountains & hills are speckled in colorful wildflowers that do well to distract the mind from an otherwise struggling economy.

The people of this country have known life to be comfortable, though modest. All signs lead to a steady decline in wealth, power, resources, & even people, though its descent's been slow. A nation in its last decade. The royal palace bustles with advisors & scholars in pursuit of solutions to solve the nation's retrograde. The sentiment isn't overtly optimistic, but that isn't to say all hope's been lost yet. There's talks of potential breakthroughs in all sorts of disciplines, be it battle or agriculture, but it seems that time is the biggest threat looming over the nation.
Maritria's people tend to feel a mellow love for their nation; their royals aren't particularly popular, since the country is struggling.

These advancements in agriculture have been only impeded by the physical terrain of Maritria itself. The issues lie not with the intelligence of the people, but in the land they call home.This is a unique issue for these people, as its the land that has kept them alive for centuries thus far. In this era of empires, land alone will not suffice in safeguarding the kingdom: You need strategic alliances, you need a strong army, you need land and peopleβ€”all of which this tiny kingdom is slowly losing or never had much of at all.

For Maritria, the future could hold many thingsβ€”an allegiance with Rhonne, standing alone to defeating the Gnoans (as unlikely as this seems), simply calling Gnoa’s bluff, or ignoring your nation’s problems in favor of personal gains. Whatever you wish for it to be, take heart and pursue the future you wish to see.

Rhonne
The nation to the east looms overhead with power and massive influence. One of the largest forces in the continent, Rhonne is not to be trifled with. Rolling hills with flat planes define much of its geography, though not all. Its territory stretches from Maritria’s hilly border to sandy-shored seaports & beyond to numerous islands along its coast.

Its lands are vast, with fertile lands that aid in its peopling. To secure its future, Rhonmen seek even more influence by conquering micronations within their graspβ€”one notable example being Maritria. As a major trading hub, word has gotten to them of Gnoa’s insatiable lust for land and fear has spread amongst their ranks. Rumors spread among us that the Gnoans, ever paranoid, are gearing up to conquer Rhonne. Should their people, culture, and way of life survive the coming centuries, they have reason to believe they must absorb Maritria.

In spite of their military ambitions, the people of Rhonne are quite lax; nobility always seeking the finer things in life. They push for creative excellence: funding the arts charitably, striving for the peak culinary experience in the continent, allowing for all sorts of creative and social expressionsβ€”with the underlying objective to spread their culture as far as they can. Many smaller lands surrounding them practiced the same religion, recognized the same holidays, and shared a tongue; which they took advantage of swiftly by annexing their lands to expand Rhonne’s territory. This spells trouble for Maritria, one such microstate sharing a culture with Rhonne.

The decisions of the nation are guided by her empress. Regardly kindly by her people & worshiped by followers, she’s a proactive force when it comes to the conquest of opportunities seized in the name of Rhonne. Her empire’s neighbors recognize her as a force to be reckoned with & hardly challenged. She’s known to tour & campaign the empire when public perception is low, though it rarely is as she’s proactive even with this; public balls are often hosted to win the affections of her people. Some see her a gentle ruler, others a ruthless monarch; many both.

Gnoa
The political climate in the continent is hostile. Aggressive. In this age of Empires, only the strong will survive. Gnoa and its people recognize this, and will do anything to secure a future for their next of kin. They’ve stomped out other cultures many times and will continue to do so until they feel their position on the global stage is locked in. Many in the nation see other major powers like Rhonne as a potential threat to their existence. There’s a plan in placeβ€”one many lack awareness ofβ€”to take Rhonne down. Getting to Rhonne, as things stand, has proven to be a major struggle. To triumph over the land of food and pleasure, they must stampede the nation between them; through the river that supplies them much of their drinkable water, traveling upstream takes you to the small mountainous lands of Maritria.

The average Gnoan sees Maritria as just another gnat. Another bug to squash. A means to an end. Due to geographical constraints, the smoothest path to victory is through Maritria, which isn’t a big deal; these men have caught larger fish in the past after all. In any case, Gnoa sees Maritria as a nation they were going to consume either way; their agenda has only sped up the micronation’s demise. A swift victory in the small land with the natural borders is all they see in their future.

… Or so the nation’s armed forces would like for the people to believe. There’s great discourse inside of Gnoa’s palace over the idea of going straight for Rhonne’s jugular. The Knights of Gnoa would like for the people to support an invasion of Rhonne to force the royals’ hands and turn their pipedream of violence into reality. Will their efforts succeed?

(written by Mond)

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Last edited:
I am so very much interested in this, it sounds mature, lovely, and an excellent chance to write some compelling fiction :D

Interested, but not sure if I’m willing to commit.

hey, just wanted to notify those interested that i've posted more on the countries' lores here: Realistic or Modern - π‚π‘πŽπ–π & π‚π€π’π”π€π‹π“πˆπ„π’ | a royalty drama

& thank you to those who've shown your interest! if you haven't already, feel free to join the discord!

looking forward to seeing your characters! as a reminder, please submit applications in this interest check by march 10th! applications are encouraged to be rough drafts; after approval, you'll be free to finish them up & post in the upcoming cs thread after i give some feedback, if applicable! β™‘

Character Idea and Writing Sample in this google doc. Might add a bit of other things but here's the gist of what I'm planning to play!

Character concept and Writing sample provided in this Milanote, will probably play around with it more later.

This is all I've cooked up so far for my character concept. Please excuse the roughness and if I missed anything as I've written this at 3 am (brilliant idea, I know lol). I also provided a writing sample in the last part of the document. Cheers!

Hey! This is the rough draft of who I want to play as! Writing Sample is just inside the doc, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer!

Last edited:
Here's the overall character concept and a writing sample. Might add a few more things later depending on how inspiration strikes!

Here’s the rough idea!

here's my (not) magic lady! c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back