• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cross Blades: The Divine Conquerors Main

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

-Ivan Federico-
Ivan sighed as another explosion rocked the courtyard. The city was truly going to ruin, and there wasn't a whole lot Ivan could do to help with that fact. His gun really only added to the intensity of the carnage erupting all around. It was nice there were other summoned around, he’d really only seen a couple of them throughout the conflict. Hecate had shown up briefly, disappeared and was now back again, summoning a hellish monster of sorts with a scythe that was wreaking havoc on the battlefield; The tall enemy commander had disappeared, probably to hide behind a couple of meat shield underlings. Not a bad strategy when your opponent had a weapon capable of blasting buildings into dust. Suddenly a sharp call rang out, nobility and piousness ringing true with its volume, “WARRIOR!” Ivan turned and saw a fairly avian looking, armored woman yelling. Raising an eyebrow, Ivan paused for a moment before realizing it was a warning, identifying a hail of arrows headed right in the gunslinger’s direction. Diving out of the way with a long roll Ivan ended up crouching next to the woman, still shooting with staccato gunfire in each direction at the enemy. She deflected arrows and blades with the katana-looking swords, keeping the pair of them from being pierced. The knights in the cathedral were beginning to fight their way out of the building, the disappearance of the tall Mollug commander lending hope to the besieged defenders. Hecate and her demon were doing a good job of adding to the chaos, her darkness blades and creatures flitting here and there, all about the battlefield, killing and dying with equal credence.

Blasting a pair of charging Mollug soldiers away as the avian looking woman cut down an elven looking axeman, Ivan turned his head for a moment before nodding and shooting down a trio of goblin-looking rogues with peppered gunfire, each shot a headshot, splattering their brains all over the concrete and the side of the cathedral. The pause after the nod gone, Ivan without looking began to speak to the woman, “So you another summoned? My name’s Ivan; I don't think I saw you at the shrine, so I'm guessing you're one of the other new beings SIN brought into the world right? If so, you gotta tell me about your world after this battle haha, if we make it out of course!” Ivan and Teranis rolled away from each other for a moment as an Earth mage of Mollug sent up spikes of stone right where they had been standing. Teranis sliced an arm off and then the head of the opposer with quick, liquid strikes, cutting the cloth, magic shield, leather and flesh all with the ease of melted butter. Ivan watched impressed with the techno-blade’s power before shaking his head and opening up with his gun in its assault rifle mode.

And then suddenly a building flew through the air.
A man in metal with a strangely translucent woman laughed heartily as the structure crashed into a large group of Mollug soldiers, tearing many into red mist and squashing the rest in a storm of rubble. Ivan blanched at the sudden destructive display of power; Definitely another summoned. At least they seemed to be against the Mollug forces as well, which was a boon overall. This one seemed to have control of gravity, telekinesis of some sort or some sort of magic power. Either way, he seemed strong and the goo woman was showing off some power of considerable strength as well, absorbing enemy soldiers and eating enemies of all sorts. It was honestly gross, but Ivan appreciated the strength of it, however gross it was. Ivan blasted more soldiers away as he watched the two and began to smile as he noticed the enemy beginning to retreat. It was always a good sign, to start seeing more of the enemies' backs then fronts; He could definitely appreciate the fact of it. He took a bite of a power bar he’d stuffed in an inside pocket and felt his gun reload as more energy flooded his veins. He had multiples upon multiples of the snacks stuffed in various pockets and packs covering his body. He was quite grateful for the fact he only needed food to reload his weapon, it was a convenient reality for the gunslinger, he didn't need to carry any heavy ammo or resupply at all.

-Forsith-

Forsith and his men were routing Synthia’s forces when suddenly a new force entered the battlefield; Several lumbering massive creatures had been summoned to guard the rear of the Mollug’s tactical retreat. Forsith scowled and cut down another fleeing Mollug soldier. Right afterward, a man, tall in stature, almost inhuman in build and covered from head to toe in metal armor appeared near the commander asking to assist in battle. The metal man had no exposed skin whatsoever and was drenched in gore and blood along with multiple strips of cloth bearing Mollug colors, all the remains coating the newcomer very apparently the enemies. Forsith shrugged and picked up the friendly metal man right as he was done speaking, and flung him as hard as the half-giant could muster, sending him rocketing through the air straight towards the Behemoth. The man had obviously slain many of the enemies, so he could probably handle a beast of significant size. Forsith’s soldiers and the Nortestran defenders rallied and began to pick off the enemy, routing the Mollug forces entirely, sending them running off to their camps surrounding Castellan. It wasn't a total victory but it was definitely a slight against the Mollug force that besieged the capital.

Forsith and his men began to assault the creatures that had been summoned, the Nortestrans gathering in force and barraging the beasts with spellfire and arrows. The creatures were tough, but fast becoming veritable pincushions and bonfires, alight with flame and magic. The creatures would fall quickly hoped Forsith as he watched the metal man soar through the air gracefully to smash one of the Behemoths. Forsith smiled at the metal man, this summoned was most certainly one of his favorites; He was just so eager to destroy the Mollugs and any enemy of Mollug was a friend of Nortestra. Forsith raised his arm and sent off several shots of fire into the horde of fleeing Mollug soldiers; He chuckled and began to walk in a more relaxed manner as his own soldiers chased down their enemies. The battle had shifted direction and now the Nortestrans would get some breathing room to fight and plan out their situation. Forsith and the summoned would be greatly appreciated by the Nortestran government; hopefully, eventually, they would be given reparations of sorts for their persistence in defense of the capital and the whole nation.

StaidFoal StaidFoal Viper Actual Viper Actual MorgathosTheRussian MorgathosTheRussian YsFanatic YsFanatic Gohan510 Gohan510

Rojy Erac

(Rojy’s mind)

Good: “Chaotic stop, she’s had enough… YOU’RE GOING TOO FAR”

Chaotic: “Absolutely not, firstly: she tried to attack us with the intent to kill”

Good: “Yeah but-”

Chaotic: “Secondly: I’m holding back a lot with my enjoyemnt.”

Good: “THAT’S BULLSHIT, SHE’S SUFFERING JUST STOP THA-”

Chaotic: “And Thirdly: I’m enjoying this”

Good: “You sick fuck why must you be like this?”

Chaotic: “WHY?!?!? BECAUSE YOU MADE ME LIKE THIS”

Good: “..........”

Chaotic: “Whatever, I don’t feel like arguing with your pathetic ass, AND DON’T EVER TRY TO INSULT ME OR WE’LL BOTH MAKE YOUR LIFE MORE MISERABLE THAN WHEN WE WERE DRIFTING IN SPACE!!!!”

(Back to reality)

Rojy kept up the torturing, though when Hakai finally arrived and called out his name, Rojy didn’t react immediately and he shaked as the planks dropped to the ground and he banished the vampire from his domain. “Oh Hakai, it seems you’re already… here… I expected your fight to last a bit lon-sho-lo-sh-long-shorter that what it actually w-w-was.”

(Rojy’s mind)

Chaotic: “Oh now you decide to show up FUCKHEAD.”

Lawful: “The feeling is mutual, anyway, I think I should be in control now, you’ve had your fun.”

Chaotic: “Fuck you, I’m not giving this up.”

Lawful: “Well we can keep fighting for control, but you’ll most likely lose, considering how long you have been awake.”

Chaotic: “...FINE, but you’re still a shithead.”

Lawful: “That’s one of the nicer things you’ve said lately.”

Chaotic: “Fuck off.”

(Back to reality)

Rojy in a sudden movement stopped shaking and regained his composure, showing off a more confident and dominant aura. “Puppets are always useful, I’ll let you take care of managing the other things, In the meantime I’ll go to the guild’s library and start reading from there.” Rojy explained as he left his domain and walked up to Hakai and the girl to retrieve his bloody knife. “And you Gustas, will help me find that library.” He said with a commanding voice knowing Gustats would have to accept since he was still in his domain.

Gohan510 Gohan510

Charon hadn't expected a fleshy to be strong enough to hurl him at the giant monster, but the android sure as hell wasn't complaining. In fact, he was surprisingly staying quiet as he flew towards the behemoth, but the reason for that was a good one. He was already on target for the thing's eye, and any noise that he made might cause it to change the direction it was facing. Instead Charon simply summoned the Partisan and held it with the blade pointed at the ocular organ. Needless to say the impact was incredibly messy and the monster roared with anger and pain as the sentient machine burst through its eye into its orbital socket. The next few minutes were sheer torture for the behemoth, the creature thrashing around, as the android slowly tunneled his way towards and then into the brain.

When the giant monster finally collapsed into a dying heap, soldiers from both sides of the battle watched in shock and wonder as they had no idea how or why the thing died. At least that was the case until Charon slid out of the already ruined eye. Pivoting towards the nearest Mollug soldiers, he gave out a cry of “HUG!” before running after the now fleeing soldiers with arms outstretched. The Nortestran soldiers could only watch in befuddled awe at this sudden turn of events and they hoped like hell the gore covered metal giant was really on their side.

Yamiko and Skathi

After countless battles between the rabid demons, the pair were still aimlessly walking through the snow. Skathi relaxed into a sliding ice chair he made, fiddling with his fingers. The wind howled, causing Yamiko to look up. "The snow storm is an issue."

Skathi groaned. "Oh, boohoo, I thought we spirits were immune to the cold."

"If it picks up anymore, I won't be able to spot any enemies in the distance,"
she finished, glaring at the annoyance. Why Yamiko didn't search for a better solution than this was beyond her. "Besides, let us not wander far from the fact that the snow storm was your doing."

"Not my problem! I can't reverse my spells, and you took care of those demons too fast fo—"
They both froze in their tracks, heads turning to a certain direction. Whatever was there was powerful enough for the two to both sense it. Without another word, Yamiko effortlessly climbed onto the trees and their paper-thin branches while Skathi started to skate over the snow. It wasn't long before they found the shelter that the powerful demon holed itself into, surrounded by the humans of this area, wielding swords and arrows. Skathi silently appeared beside her on the tree branch. "Feels like we have a fight on our hands," he whispered excitedly. "How we getting in?"

Yamiko stood on the tree branch, looking at all the soldiers. "By walking." With that, she cast Presence Removal on both of them, a yellow glow blanketing over the two for a split second. Before Skathi could protest or question anything, Yamiko hopped down into the snow. The ice spirit hesitantly followed, cold emanating from him as if he were ready to let loose if her Presence Removal had failed. However, before anything of them could even reach the door, it burst open to reveal what was the most horrifying demon they'd ever seen. Just the sight of it was enough to make Yamiko stumble back. Because she lost concentration, the Presence Removal dissipated, and now two spirits were in the middle of the now bloody battlefield.

"Yes, you may kill them," Yamiko said before Skathi could even ask the question. Grinning underneath his hood, Skathi's hands froze solid again. Ice from around the soon-to-be battlefield rose from the ground like spikes as he slowly raised his fists. Before tackling the bigger fish, the minnows still needed to be taken care of. Skathi opened a hole in the ice beneath him, cracks forming in the ground wherever he traveled. To each group of feral demons, he collapsed the floor beneath them, dropping the screeching demons into a pit where he finished them off in a cold hell. Yamiko unsheathed her katana and appeared alongside Ronin, rushing the massive demon. Wordlessly, she closed in from their distance in the blink of an eye, slashing at the demon's knees before instantly backing away.

She slid across the ice, hearing as sinkholes opened up around the battlefield to catch the rabid demons. She could hear Skathi enjoying himself, hearing the floor crack open as easily as an egg. She hoped Skathi wasn't getting too ahead of himself. For now, she had to focus on the disgustingly bloodied demon whose power made itself known to her from afar.

Doroteya

From the outer wall she heard it; the sounds of carnage and the death of her fellow Czarsnikeians. Silver Jon had gone on patrol, Ronin following suit. The blizzard was picking up, and they weren't returning by their usual times. That was all that had to convince her to rally more troops and set out into the forest. She wouldn't let any of her friends die, not again. Not to a foul demon. She led her troops to slash their way through the feral demons, the sounds of battle nearing with every step.

Doroteya made her presence known with an arrow, enchanted with electricity and sent flying directly at the greater demon's head. Standing on a tree branch, her troops charged in to fight the demons. Their battle yells showed just how willing each of them were to sacrifice their lives for their kingdom. From her perch, Doroteya couldn't help but notice the oddities around the battle. Other demons of different appearance were summoned near the outpost, attacking the feral ones. The ground was opening up and eating the feral demons every second, and among Ronin and Silver Jon she could spot a swordswoman, dressed in similar attire to Ronin. She closed the distance at inhuman speeds, striking with all her strength and backing out unfazed.

But even so, they all appeared to be working with the Czarsnikeians. Doroteya shot electric arrows from her bow at feral demons and the greater demon's head almost semi-automatically. As one arrow struck a feral demon, electricity bounced back and forth between its pack, killing the ones around it.

Solirus Solirus Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Gohan510 Gohan510

Jessamine

And so, the meeting was adjourned. It was settled that they use the Court to "retrieve" the OtherWorlders that were making a nuisance. Jessamine would have preferred them killed, but she couldn't go against the word of the other big players so easily. And of course that blasted Joan would want that! Just hearing her demands made Jessamine's blood boil. Jessamine stayed in the meeting room as the other council members left, so she could think to herself. Just why would OtherWorlders appear now of all times? When now was the biggest event of her life? It wasn't until far later did she realize: Where were the guards?

Jessamine rose from the chair. All the guards were gone, even her own ones. Was this an assassination attempt? She darted her eyes back and forth, arms out and ready to let loose her blood magic.

"Jessamine Absinthe," called out a voice. It was that of a middle-aged man; he had a Czarsnikeian accent. "There is no need to use your blood magic against me. I am not your enemy."

"Yeah? And why would I believe that?"
she said back, still looking for the source of the voice.

"Because, Jessamine, we can do this." As he said that, an explosion erupted Verruk close by. Shaken by the abrupt noise, Jessamine took a second to run to the window and see... Joan's carriage in nothing more than flames. Eyes wide and jaw dropped, she slowly turned around, and the source of the voice stood with arms behind his back like a professional military general. His attire was nothing like she'd ever seen before, nothing befitting of a Mollug general. Whoever this man was had killed Joan despite all her security. Even Hester would have trouble getting to her! "My name is Mikhail Abramov, and I'm here to offer you a business deal."

Hesitantly, she said, "What do you have in mind?"

"A way for your coup to succeed."
He spoke confidently, looking as if the woman who stood before him was nothing more than an insect. Jessamine hated being underestimated. But before she could argue, Mikhail pulled out a remote, clicking a few buttons that opened a blue portal in the room. It was only for a split second, and a wooden crate dropped out. The action only left Jessamine in more shock. Portals were things only people skilled in spacial magic could do, and even then it takes a lot of time! This man created one in one second! "Don't look so surprised," Mikhail plainly said, not even looking at her. "My higher ups have transported whole armies in one second."

He opened the crate, revealing some oddly shaped, black device. Mikhail pulled out the M16. With another click of the remote, an armor stand dressed fully in Mollug's finest armor dropped in. Before she could ask any questions, Mikhail opened fire, forcing Jessamine to cover her ears. The armor was torn to shreds in seconds, leaving the coup leader speechless. "I-Impossible," she muttered.

"The room is now sound-proof; nobody will hear a thing. Now, for one million gold coins this power will be in the hands of your coup." The price shocked Jessamine for the umpteenth time, and the repetitiveness of the act was starting to clearly annoy Mikhail. "Surely, after all the towns you've pillaged, you have enough for that, yes?"

Ignoring the question, she then asked, "Why are you helping us?"

"Because it'll benefit us."
A simple enough answer, to which she couldn't complain about; that was motive for everything she's done, after all.

With a hesitant sigh, she answered, "We'll buy it."

Mikhail nodded, not even showing the faintest sign of happiness as if he expected this. "The weapons and ammo will arrive at your hidden, underground base along with some instructors. Take care, Jessamine." With that, Mikhail opened a portal beside him and walked through, leaving Jessamine alone in the meeting room. Joan's carriage still burned outside, her charred, lifeless body giving heed to Jessamine's greater schemes.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Last edited:
The First Siege of Castellan

Castellan's history has seen its fair share of oddities from time to time, but it seemed that nothing could compare to this. On the verge of losing to sheer numbers, Castellan pulled through with foreign aid. Not from Nortestra's allies, but people—no, inhabitants from a different world entirely. The generals of Nortestra fought valiantly, with Princess Athena watching from the last wall. A legendary battle between dragon and unicorn was witnessed, a tale to be passed down for generations. The killing of General Wyman gave the Nortestrans the boost of morale they so desperately needed, and had the opposite effect on the Mollugs.

At the cathedral, a group of summons met each other. At the scene, surviving Mollugs would be found cradled up, gone made and blabbering about some devilish creation that swept their men away with a scythe. Mollugs were found nearby, sliced perfectly in half; if said creature really was fighting them, how would they breach the walls by today? And so, the Mollug generals issued a tacticaly retreat, but the Nortestrans saw it as cowards fleeing. Of course, the order never spread out completely. Some soldiers kept fighting for the thrill of it.

Day fell to night, and the Mollug forces had dwindled entirely. It is up to the OtherWorlders to clean up the remnants of their army, alongside the behemoths that were summoned by the great mage general Synthia.

-Lissandra-
Wyman was dead. This fact was an unbelievably pleasant reality to Lissandra; No more avoiding open streets and wooden buildings for fear of incineration, no more watching her friends and comrades die in terrible agony to either devouring or burning alive and no more fear of every shadow cast from the sky. Lissandra did not care for Sulric’s sorrow, he had always been far too sentimental, the enemy general had been a menace and invader, a demon known for torching soldiers into ashes. She cared for Sulric and appreciated his chivalry, but she swore sometimes that it would be his downfall. As her men pushed back the invading Mollugs she began to notice the sunset, radiant and extravagant in its coloring, the sediment, smog, and smoke only adding to the maelstrom of colors that swirled in the quickly darkening sky. It was a beautiful shade of pink and purple, with grey clouds and thick smoke accentuating the lines of color that ran across the sunset sky, its hues vibrant and alive, almost as if cheering on Castella’s continued survival in the face of extermination. Lissandra smiled somberly at the thought and quickly brushed away the hopeless optimism; Mollug was still out there, just outside the walls, inside the walls in fact, close enough to see, touch and even kill.

She had worried that the dragon would be an issue, remembering the old tales of their code of honor but fearing for exaggeration. Lissandra’s fears were unfounded however, the code holding strong, and Hodir had ceased in his violence against the Nortestrans, coming close to the old white-haired general and bowing his head. Wyman’s killer was now Hodir’s master, the draconic code of honor Hodir abided by forcing subservience on the powerful Mollug beast. Lissandra let out a sigh of relief and relaxed her shoulders as she walked to her group of men. The shield Sulric had cast had taken a great toll on the old general and he had collapsed to the ground with Hodir. Lissandra gestured to several hapless soldiers to take the exhausted general from the dragon to rest in an encampment. The fearful soldiers went off to try and wrest the man from the beast, the group discussing how in fact they should go about Lissandra’s orders without being incinerated. Lissandra turned from the men to more important matters and began coordinating the movements of the Nortestrans to take advantage of Sulric’s shield most effectively. They had an hour to take advantage of the rout. The Mollug invaders had been thrown into chaos by the death of Wyman and the withdrawal of Synthia. Their retreat was temporary, but it could be taken advantage of; Lissandra fully intended to do so. The outworlders who had arrived would most certainly provide assistance as they seemed to take pleasure in defending those under assault.

-Detra-

Exiting the meeting with the feeling that staying much longer could result in unfavorable outcomes, Detra had left the building with a shiver and scowl that had lasted up until Joan’s carriage had exploded. This sudden event had left Detra quite confused about her feelings; On one hand, she was delighted another scheming bureaucrat was dead, on the other hand, she was also a scheming bureaucrat. On the other, other hand, this made dealing with the summoned both more simple and more complicated. Joan’s resources would have been exceedingly useful, but her machiavellian manner and selfishness would have definitely gotten in the way of state interests. Detra hoped the assassination didn't relate to the meeting they had just attended with all her heart as the carriage she rode in rattled along. Joan’s death wasn't confirmed but the abundance of scraps of human flesh flung out from the explosion suggested a most negative outcome. She’d need to hire more guards, a difficult endeavor considering how many people wanted Detra dead and how many people knew she was wanted dead. Was it really even worth it? She often ended up taking care of herself anyway, any guards she had either run off or dead with knives in their backs. She’d even had her own guards come after her several times, killing each only after capturing and torturing them for an extended period. Detra in truth felt safest only when she was on the move.

-Mollug forces-
Five armies converge on Castellan, each with their own encampment and unique soldiers. A central siege base had been constructed as well, fortified and decked out with the best of the best Mollug could offer. Wyman, Brother Beast, and Synthia had commanded the main force together, their three armies fighting alongside each other on the capital’s main road in a slog to destroy the Nortestran defenders. The other two armies had taken the two smaller gates and put them under active but more methodical siege. These two armies were taking a slower and safer method to conquer. The main force had been nearing victory until the Outlanders had arrived, throwing the whole battle into disarray. Brother Beast’s forces and the behemoths summoned by Synthia had taken to defending the rear of the retreat and as such casualties were high. Sulric’s shields only added to the death toll of the Mollugs and of the five walls of Castellan they were soon pushed back to the second outermost. Elements still remained, fighting desperate retreats to the main force and encampments in the outer layers. Approximately 50,000 soldiers of the original 100,000 remain actively besieging the capital. Morale remains relatively high and reinforcements are expected to arrive in a week; Rumors of a secret weapon have begun to traverse the ranks and morale is expected to only continue to improve so long as few setbacks are encountered.

-Nortestran forces-
Four armies defend Castellan, 3 of which have been designated to fight the main Mollug force. The last army, commanded personally by Princess Athena, has found itself split in two, defending the other two gates from the other two Mollug armies. Many of her soldiers are also scattered throughout the city, assisting and defending where needed. The main force is commanded by the Old Knight Sulric, Hellcat Lissandra, and the Traitor General, Salhara of the Blood. The force defending Castellan numbers at near 20,000 soldiers, of the original 70,000 that stood guard. Three of the five walls had been taken, the fourth on the verge of defeat; Now the Mollugs had been pushed back to the 2nd wall. Reinforcements of considerable strength, led by the thought to be dead Commander Forsith, had arrived numbering at nearly 800 warriors. 300 had been lost entering the city, and the number wasn't that comforting compared to the horde that waited behind the 2nd wall. But the fact help had come was a massive morale boost, and combined with Sulric’s shields and the outlander reinforcements, the defenders gave Mollug a real run for their money. They now waited behind their walls, 3 of the 4 commanders in barely capable strength and the fourth, unconscious from a daring battle with the Mollug Dragon commander. Morale is expected to fall and remain low but if things go well the battle still may be won.

StaidFoal StaidFoal Solirus Solirus SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Gohan510 Gohan510

Ronin
Finally arriving to the scene his troops and himself all killed rows of demons. It wasn't long for Silver Jon's men to notice Ronin and his own. They came in swift and fancy like usual. Ronin rode his black fur Owlboar into the battle cutting demon's heads off swiftly. Jumping off the boar letting it run rampant in the combat devouring some of the lesser demons Ronin drew both blades symmetrically. Cutting any demon that came his way with barely any effort he even went so far to use his claws to pierce the hearts of some demons. Dashing through the field of crawling demons Ronin noticed one in particular seeing it killed multiple men at once with no effort. Seeing its swift movement he directed his charge towards it to hurry and neutralize the threat. As he traversed through the snow Ronin noticed a strange woman who wore clothes of the royals and wielded a sleek katana. Everything she wore was exactly similar to Ronnin, yet he's never seen her in a day in his life. Where did this swift slim woman figure come from? No matter he had no time to question the person nor even think about their next move. As they worked together pushing through the hordes Ronin and Yamiko constantly were placed back to back helping each other kill the demons that tried to bombard them. Their synergy was practically unmatched. Ronin's troops took the morale boost to push the waves back, some men dying due to lack of concentration and some just not being brave enough due to the sheer site of the main demon.

"Speak of your name."

The Samurai mentioned to the strange woman who swung her blade side by side with him. He gave her major respect due to her swordsmanship alone. Her swift movements complimented his own hard and slower hits. She cut them up and he finished them with a fierce strike. Noticing bolts of lighting flying past him he grew a smirk under the mask knowing who it came from. Without a second thought it was from the amazing sniper, "Doroteya". Whatever demon that attempted to strike Yamiko from her blind sides Ronin was able to take care of them with ease nearly keeping the woman safe along with himself. Ronin also made sure the troops that kept up with him were safe as well.
Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture StaidFoal StaidFoal

Hakai
The girl stood up slowly still shaking while glaring at Rojy, she'll have to deal with him later. He made her a fool and somehow had her in a trap spell. Mana still didn't come from him and it made her annoyed not understanding why. She looked over to Hakai weakly smiling holding her father's head close to her. Hakai turned his back towards her and started walking out the room so she followed after him. While passing Rojy and Gustas she made a fast glare at him with a side eye before focusing on Hakai again. This group was different then she ever seen. How did her father lose to this black armored knight? Who was this knight?

"E..excu-"

"Hakai."

"O..oh… Bella.."

Did the knight have mind reading abilities?! Bella had to keep a close eye on him for sure he was definetly different. His mana was even so powerful enough to shake this entire building. Her fathers never reached such peeks yet this man did it a matter of moments. Bella and Hakai finally made it to the same spot Morbius stood when he first introduced himself to the two "Bounty Hunters", Bella noticed all the guild members chattering about her fathers defeat. His mana just disappeared and it was noticeable who had done it. Each of the guild members then gave a stank eye to Bella due to a rumor that had been spread around about her father only thinking of the guild members as "minions". They didn't take to kindly to those gestures. When Bella built the confidence to step forward like her father once did she placed his head on the railing as everyone in the guild's mood changed looking confused and disgusting.

"I...I'm not really good with... speeches.."

"SCREW YOU! THEY SHOULD KILL YOU TOO!"
"YEAH YOU HAG!"
"HER AND MORBIUS THINK OF US LIKE SOME MINIONS!"
"SHE'S THE MINION! SHE'S WEAKER THEN MORBIUS!"

"P..p..please… Just let me speak..."

"WE DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY!"

The disrespect continued as the guildmembers got louder and louder trying to stretch their comment over someone else's. Hakai stood there silent awaiting for what Bella would do to counter this measurement. She was still frail and shaking. Was she not a speaker? Hakai grabbed the head by the hair tossed it at one of the guild members smacking the man dead in the face. It made Bella scream out no since it was all she had of her father, but Hakai did not care.

"Speak. Your father is no more. I'm growing impatient."

"O..okay..!"

Clearing her throat Bella looked at the many people who were still mad at her but now silent thanks to Hakai's mean gesture. They even played with Morbius's head laughing and enjoying the sight of such a nuisance gone. Now their lives were safe.

"We'll run the guild!"

"Yeah! We don't need you BELLA!"

"BELLA GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

"I WILL NOT LEAVE!"

Now Bella's demeanor changed, she was getting fed up with the constant disrespect. Mollug's people were not easy to convince if you were a passive person especially the ones who lived in Boreal Valley. They gave no pity to the weak and would rather see the weak get killed on the street then help them. Her aura started silhouetting her body showing Bella was starting to get annoyed. She screamed out making everyone stop the childish behavior and payed attention. Finally being able to speak she commanded everyone that she was the next in line of guild master regardless how they felt. If any decided to go against her try now so that she can make slight work on them. Hakai noticed the sudden change in her similar to Rojy's multi personality disorder. Looking back down at the many members of the guild.

"She'll be the face of this disgusting guild. I am your leader. Whatever I say goes."

The guild members whispered to one another then started to scream out again this time towards Hakai thinking he was better then them. Though they all clicked this man meant business. Ever since Hakai showed up shit went major left for the guild right off jump. He killed a well known member, killed the guild master, struck fear into the daughter of the gm forcing her into the role, and now telling the guild they will obey his orders. It was a lot for the guild to take in so the room grew silent.

"But with... Hakai's! Yes with Hakai's leadership... He's shown promise to wasting no time and is even willing to put time into the guild. Something I will admit my father never done. I always did the paperwork and even your payments. So do not disrespect someone who's been keeping you all fed! I am not like my father. I value each one of you! Being apart of a guild is hard work. Your life can be put on the lines too, you lot bring us money to continue supporting this city. Thank you."

The guild was still quiet until someone stood and clapped to the now new guild master, she seemed a lot kinder and understanding then Morbius. Morbius was more strict and let it be known he did not care what the members did. Not the mention the sly women who strolled the guild halls in search of a drunken to loot off his pocket. Hakai's arms crossed while he looked at every member under his helmet.

"Starting today... We will change things around! We will put our guild on the map! They only know us as the guild of thieves or something else crude. Together we will become stronger! Smarter! Of course more sleek."

The last part she said with a smirk. Thanks to Hakai though she was able to change her life, even though it was strange for her to just comply with him and Rojy her life was on the line. Morbius never really allowed Bella to have a voice he only used her to handle the business part of the guild. She spent long hours in her room and in his office hardly being able to speak to her father. Morbius hardly was ever at the guild it was just luck he was here today. Unlucky for him. After her strange speech though her mind changed about Hakai, although he hardly made full sentences in his conversations, if you can even call it a conversation. He still showed major promise. Shifting a whole guild's view not only with fear, but with such calmness was a very rare task. Those who clapped was of course for Bella, but every member understood their new life now. This black armored knight was different from Morbius indeed.

Gustas was honestly just fed up at this point, he was shaking for dear life just from the horrific scene he had just witnessed. Why the hell did he have to run into this strange duo? They didn't have any remorse nor respect. It was like they came to take over and that's exactly what was going over.

"H..he..h-"

Gustas was cut off from Hakai shouting Rojy's name making the man drop his wooden weapons and start shaking. Shit Gustas didn't blame the man for being afraid he was too! That black armored knight gave Gustas the heeby geebies. Gustas held his rifle close seeing Hakai walk up to the bleeding girl giving her a second chance at life and even a opportunity to grow. Although Gustas knows damn well this knight was pure evil he did make smart choices. Thankfully Rojy didn't just kill the girl instead tortured her probably for trying to attack them at the beginning of the fight. Thankfully it was over, but now Rojy came to Gustas which made Gustas jump back a bit.

"Hey man don't get too close....! B..but yeah I'll show you where it is.."

Gustas put his rifle around his shoulder worriedly watching Hakai and the girl walk out of the room. She look horrible slowly recovering the wounds that Rojy had gave her. This Rojy guy was for sure a little too gruesome for Gustas taste. He'll have to watch Rojy to make sure he's not the next one. Leading Rojy to the library it took them about 5 minutes to traverse through the strange building. On their way to the library they passed a strange door with chains around it.

"That's where the dark mages stay.. If we recruit more we lead them to this chamber. They stay there for an eternity. Never open the door...."

Continuing on they finally reached the library. The library room was most likely the smallest room in this gigantic building. It was only one shelf that was half filled with books and a round table with five chairs. A candle light in the middle of the table as well.

"Morbius usually came here for silence.. He can write in his journal. It's somewhere in here. Help yourself with our.. grand selection of ten books.. Heh.."
Solirus Solirus

Out-Casters
Its been about 30 minutes since the story last seen the group. Hitori and Choji were constantly doing strange positions keeping focus and not trying to lose focus. Each different pose they staid in for about 5-10 minutes. Choji told Hitori the purpose of this was for Hitori to figure out what his "pose" is. By finding the correct pose the person can easily rest their body and focus on their inner power, if you cannot understand your inner power you will not become stronger. Choji made all of this very clear from the beginning and Hitori took it into mind from the jump. Thanks to Choji, Hitori was purified for the time of the training so his demon would not interfere. That didn't help Hitori's own thoughts about the evil entity that was inside of him. Hitori was upside down doing a one hand stand. Sweat dripping down his whole body and his muscles flexed as he was also doing push ups on that one arm still upside down. Choji was doing it easily and explained the reason for this is too have complete control over ones mind and body. By having control over those two then they can tap into their soul and connect their mana flow together creating better connections. Due to the x5 gravity pulling him down it was like a constant struggle for Hitori to even do the push ups. Choji finally announced they were done jumping up with ease while Hitori fell over on his back laying there breathing heavily. Choji mentioned to the boy that this training will not be easy and it will take a lot more practice to just be able to control ones mana links.

"He's struggling too much."

"He has to start from the basics. Being brought to our world his body must've been changed as well so all of this he has to do from the beginning like we did. It's like we're allowing him to relearn the start so he can catch back up. It's a lot different here I bet for him so give him a bit."

"I HOPE YOUR RIGHT! I WANT TO FIGHT KISSY!"

"You don't wanna play with'em?!"

"NO! KISSY STRONG, WITH TRAINING HE BECOME STRONGER!"

"She has a point..."

"From the looks of this though he's going to take a lot longer then he expected."

"I tried to tell him though."

-10 minutes later-

Not much time after they spoke about Hitori's training did he finally tap back within himself. His mana flourished a sparkly silhouette around his body. Everyone jumped up interested that the boy was catching on finally and at a rapid motion now. Moments later himself and Choji were preforming even more practices and Hitori's magic flow was starting to feel natural again. He was able to use spells with hardly any effort and keep at a constant rate of mana. Even being able to use his mana for offensive and defensive properties a lot better. The gravity change was still making him move a lot slower then he'd like, but at least it was helping him in a strange way. He was feeling crushed the whole time, but endured it hoping to impress Kotori, Susan, and Wakinyan when he returns. After the fight with Synthia, thankfully it motivated Hitori to no longer stay at this level. This level was set by Sin, but it didn't stop Hitori. His new mission now was to push back to his abilities back on his world. Choji was now challenging Hitori to a small spar now given he was able to control his mana a little better.

-Hours after (Timeskip)-

It was night out yet Hitori was still not done. The Out-Casters could not believe how rapid this boy was learning and how skilled he was. He was improving in small amounts, but it was still impressive. Choji was teaching Hitori a new spell he recently came up with, but can not use himself. Explaining one must have a pure heart so they can manipulate and gather energy (mana or natural energy), otherwise the move can backfire and possibly hurt or kill the user Hitori was gripping his wrist with his left hand channeling mana into the palm of his hand. It kept creating sparks of fire which was opposite of what Choji was intending. The ones who watched on the sidelines declined in number due to most of them going off to train themselves or simply sleep. Kinji stayed still watching the boy grow with Choji. Getting frustrated with himself not being able to construct the spell Hitori wanted to give up, but kept going. Stopping for a moment Hitori closed his eyes focusing this time taking slower breaths. His whole body was shining with a bright white light symbolizing his now more controlled mana starting to work properly. He was only limited to pyromancy at first since his body was already used to it, creating new spells took more concentration and time since his body again like mentioned was used to pyromancy. Though unable to shape it into a ball the visible mana that shined around his body faded and he dropped to his knees arms parallel to each other holding him up as he was on all fours on the ground breathing heavily. Hitori's body was weak from the intense gravity and the over work he was doing. He had scars all over and cuts from just how hard he was working. Hitori went through a lot of trial and errors still trying to get it right. The first spar with Choji was horrible he lost miserably. Though it gave Hitori more drive to grind harder and even harder.

"Mr. Takeshi.. You should rest. Your body is still getting used to the room's pressure. And that spell will crush you if you don't use it correctly."

"I get that... *puff* but... I can't.. *huff* *puff* I can't stop now! Kotori wouldn't give up! Nor would Susan... *huff* *puff* *huff* *puff* Damn sure Wakinyan either! *huff* *puff*"

"I do not know those names. Friends of yours I presume?"

"Yeah..*huff* *puff*"

"I see. They joined you on the defense of Castellan?"

"*huff* *puff* yeah... sure did!*huff* *puff*"

Mentioned: Juju Juju

Last edited:
Kotori, Csilla, Susan & WakinyanKotori blinked, a little horrified that she had forgotten to introduce herself and more importantly, Wakinyan. "Forgive me, Csilla, I have forgotten my own formalities. You stand before Wakinyan, the Heavenly Beast, and I am Kotori, his keeper." Kotori bowed slightly and motioned to Wakinyan, who was staring down at the starry girl. His eyes glimmered for a moment, judging, then dulled. Much to her surprise, the beast dipped his head politely, as if addressing someone he would consider equal. He must have seen the look on Kotori's face, for soon after he gave a snort of annoyance and looked out into the battlefield.

"And this is Susan." Kotori looked down at the silent girl, noticing the absence of the lady knight. Susan was staring vaguely ahead, focused on nothing. A lump of worry buried itself in Kotori's chest at the sight. "Susan?"

"Where's Hitori?" the girl said, eyes still distant. Somehow, her voiced sounded that way too, fake and forced. It was as if someone else was speaking through a puppet. Kotori frowned, not just at the girl's sudden change of demeanor but also at her words. She tried to communicate to Hitorikage through SIN's mark but found only silence. Was he out of range? There was another possibility, but Kotori would not allow herself to think of it.

"We will find him after the battle. Who knows what magics may be blocking our own." Kotori wished she was as sure as her words sounded. She could not focus on whatever fate Hitori had earned, even if her chest felt heavy. Keep your eyes on the horizon and do not look away. Helping Susan back to her feet, Kotori heard a mighty roar. She followed Wakinyan's gaze towards the source. Deeper in the city was what appeared to be a slow moving rock, no, a turtle? Judging by Wakinyan's growl and the faint fog of black, it was demonic in nature.

"That creature is heading towards the castle...it must be stopped" Kotori said, jumping onto Wakinyan and helping Susan up in front of her. She did the same with Csilla, who sat behind her. As they boarded Wakinyan a bubble wrapped around them, protecting them from attacks they will face in the future. Kotori recognized this magic immediately as Sulric's doing, "Do not fear, this is a gift from Sulric to aid us in battle," the two nodded in understanding at her. With that said, Wakinyan took off into a sprint.

/ Night falls /​

Although bound to the earth, Wakinyan gracefully leapt from building to building, running along street and roof in quick intervals. It was nothing new to Kotori at this point, but she felt a little bad for Csilla, who seemed to be clutching onto her for dear life. They passed by an enormous building with beautiful spires, and a large flattened area of the city. It must have been the behemoth, for whatever created such carnage must surely be a monster. It did not take long for the four to catch up with the beast. As they closed in, Wakinyan sped up and flanked the demonic mountain, stopping directly in its path. They stood before the castle gates, just beyond the barricades and soldiers. Kotori leap off of Wakinyan, drawing her bow. Susan leap off after, followed by Csilla.

Csilla descended from the back of Wakinyan, the light of the moon empowering her enough to be able to stand on her own. She was recovering faster now with the grip of her gods gently surrounding her. Her star-like freckles shimmered in the night, the moon lighting up her face. For a little there as she road Wakinyan she had clutched Kotori, a little unsure if she would fall off in her weakened state. Now she stood upright, fatigue still evident in her stomach, but a manageable one.

"Here it comes.... alright, Susan, I need you to target its legs and prevent it from moving any farther. That armor looks tough, but it has soft areas where it must move; its neck, legs and tail. Csilla, Wakinyan tells me that most of its darkness is in that head gem." she drew back a flickering arrow of lightning, holding it to the ground, and looked at Csilla. "I want you to target it with us."

Csilla hummed in understanding, her weapon of stars forming in her hands easily. A bow made of the stars that glowed just like it's wielder. Csilla pulled back the string of the bow, a arrow of stars forming in place as she did so. She readied herself to shoot as soon as Kotori singled them to fire. The moon empowered her, making the bow feel so light in her hands as she easily saw the weakpoints mentioned by Kotori.

Expressionless, Susan held a palm towards the behemoth. Less than an instant later the ground beneath one of its front legs disappeared, causing the lumbering beast to fall forward. As it reached out to support itself, it found that its other leg was gone. In the end it fell forward, head crashing onto the ground, exposing its bejeweled forehead to the three.

"Now!" Kotori called in sync with Wakinyan's roar. She unleashed a bolt of lightning, which coalesced with Wakinyan's heavenfire in a blinding bolt.

Csilla let her arrow fly the moment Kotori spoke, sending it shooting towards the creature. The two celestial powers fired towards the beast in a frighting combination, The two powers combining in an unsure way. The two bolts circled each other, surrounded by the heavenfire from Wakinyan, creating a mix of the sky and stars. A perfect combination that easily merged. The gem was shot by the force of the night sky easily shattering the gem and leaving a fading mist of sparkling stars and electricity that rained down on the Behemoth. The thing let out a strangled cry as it's life energy faded. It's body hardened and the rocks along it's back fell off like scabs until the thing turned into a pile of stones.

Csilla let out the breath she was holding, to steady her bow, and let her bow fade away in her hands, "Did you see that or is Yume playing tricks on my eyes again?" she murmured out as she looked at Kotori in awe. It is true that other's like Csilla had the ability to do this, but as she had never been in battle with one of her kind she would not know. There was also the fact that she knew that Kotori was similar to her but she never imagined they could do something like this.

Rojy Erac

“Good.” Rojy said as he followed Gustas through the place. Two parts of him wanted to see the library while the other just wanted to keep murdering things, but the odds were stacked against Chaotic and thus he had to endure whatever boring task Rojy was going to put himself through. As he kept following Gustas, he began encountering some of the guild members in the way that were heading towards the sound of a speech. Hakai really didn’t seem to waste much time. That was good, but right now Rojy wanted to see the vast knowledge that such a powerful and large guild had.

Before arriving at the library, Gustas showed Rojy the door to the supposed Dark mages in the area. He’d have to visit that place some other time, maybe Hakai or even he could make use of them once he learnt about magic and the sorts.

On their way Gustas stopped and opened a surprisingly small door. Perhaps through this door they would find a passage towards the library, but instead, Rojy was only shown sheer and utter disappointment.

The “Library” was far from one, it was a tiny room with a shelf and ten books. The only redeeming factor was that it had five chairs and a table with a candle. “This Guild is huge, probably one of the biggest buildings I have seen in this world currently… and this is the only thing close to a library you people have?” Rojy was disappointed, the room was even smaller than the guild masters office, but even then if they were going to stay in this guild for a while, Rojy could make this place his office. “You’ve done all you could. You may leave now and be sure to tell Hakai we’ll need to expand this place if we’re goin to stay here for a while.” Rojy said expecting Gustas to leave and announce that to Hakai.

As Gustas would leave, Rojy took a deep breath and walked up to the table as he touched the candle sending it to his domain and increased the amount of light it produced to have the room more visible.

With not much else to do, Rojy started cruising through the small amount of books he was presented with. “Let's see what we have.” Rojy said as he pulled out one of the books at random. “Hmm... A book with mythical stories… Monsters, book about geography… Spells? Well I shouldn’t be surprised at this point...” Rojy said as he began searching only to find the journal tucked away in the corner of the room as if he was trying to hide it. “Bingo.” Rojy said as he grabbed the journal. “I’ll be reading you first.” Rojy explained as he moved all the books to the table and placed them in a pile, putting the ones he’d read first on the top and making his way down. “Ok time to dig in… wait I should probably also have Hakai know where I am… Yeah maybe for the best.” Rojy for a moment entered his domain and manipulating the flame of the candle, sent a portion of the fire to Hakai where it would send the message. I’m at the “library” if you’re looking for me. “There that should take care of it… Now it’s time to read.” Rojy said as he pulled away one of the chairs to sit on and flipped to the first page of the Guild master’s journal.

Rojy began reading and managed to hear some sort of speech from the GM’s daughter. “Huh, that’s neat I guess.” He said to himself lightly as he kept reading. It was mostly boring, but Rojy had already experience the ultimate boredom, anything would be better.

Gohan510 Gohan510

The Golden Devil

The party of the Hero had gone on a quest to defeat the Golden Devil as he had grown in power and was threatening the whole world. The Hero looked back at his companions, having lost 2 of his other companions due to deviously and cruel traps being placed in the oddest places yet killing their friends in whatever twisted way the Golden Devil saw fit. “This will end now and no one else will get hurt from him.” the hero kept whispering to himself as they kept traversing the dungeon. Slowly but surely they began hearing the sound of a violin playing a piece which could not be recognized.

“This bastard...” one of the Heroes companions said as he quickly recognized that the one playing the violin was none other than the Golden Devil himself. With that in mind the group began heading to the sound of the violin until they came face to face with a dark, almost black mirror reflecting all the party. The Hero without hesitation broke the mirror and revealed a rather large room. If it could be called one.

It was like a courtyard with grass of all colors as the ground and flowers of all types and colors sprinkled around, giving it an odd feeling of pleasantness. As the party walked around the courtyard they could hear the sound of the violin getting closer, indicating the Golden Devil was even closer.

“Shhhhhh, he should be around here.” The Hero said as he got near the source of the sound which was surrounded by four trees, each different. As they moved around one of the trees they saw him…

The Golden Devil himself playing the violin seemingly having a pleasant time as he was finishing up his current song. A normal man would be able to tell from first glance that the party of the Hero was shaking from anger and rage. All the pain they had suffered, the losses, all the trauma, the psychological damage they had received, were all because of this one man.

The hero shook in anger as the rest of his companions but managed to keep his composure. “Ok, we must be careful, he must be planning something, so whatever we do we must stay here and-” the hero was interrupted as one of his companions broke off from the team and charged The Golden Devil. “THIS IS FOR MY SISTER” the man screamed lifting his magic claymore into the air and charging ahead.

The devil stood motionless and as the man swung his claymore down upon the devil… It had been too late as the next second the claymore had been shattered and the head of the man was sent flying, with the rest of his body disintegrating into flowers which decorated their surroundings. The group looked in horror as they saw the devil using nothing more than the violin’s bow to cut the man’s sword and head off.

“Good.” The devil said as he moved his view to the remaining group members and Hero. “That leaves… only the four of you. Come my precious actors, let our performance begin!”

“This ends now.” The Hero stated, stepping out of the tree with his three companions behind him. As one prepared her spells, the other her bow, and the last of companions sharpening his axe. “We will stop you and bring an end to the chaos of this world.”

“Oh… then please do.” The devil said as he put away his violin and bow and gestured all four of them to come at him.

Without hesitation the team moved around the devil, surrounding him, with the archer and mage moving to opposite sides of the devil to sandwich him in while the hero and berserker sent out strikes. “YES… such teamwork… such coordination… such beauty.” the devil said as his mask and attire began to emit a green glow around it enhancing the devil’s movements.

The team was splendid, but the demon was even more, for each swing they would send to his direction, every arrow and spell sent would be elegantly dodged with movements similar to a dancer. Though the devil still was human and eventually he was able to be hit by the heroes sword twice after seemingly not stepping back to enough to dodge which led him to be hit three more times.

Coughing up blood, the devil regained composure as the hero began to boost morale, “See, he’s not invincible, we can beat him.” “YEAH.” They all chanted at the same time.

“Hehe HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.” A maniacal came from the devil. “SUBLIME SUBLIME. The heroes believe they can win, but oh they are blinded from the harshness of reality.” The devil said as he began to pull out 4 knives, all elegantly crafted and all different. “Oh how they celebrate, only to realize that it was all an act, for the Devil to allow himself to be hit FOUR times.”

The hero became shocked for a second, taking a moment to consider that the devil was simply infact dodging and was only allowing himself to be hit four times. “...bastard.” The hero said giving off a small growl.

Without wasting another second the devil tossed two of the knives into the air as with the two remaining ones he began attacking the hero who blocked the relentless attack of the devil, only to have him toss his other two knives into the air while catching one and kicking the other directly into the archers throat, catching her off guard.

The knife began to glow and soon, the archer was engulfed in a brilliant purple flame which solidified like ice, encasing the archer inside and killing her. “One” the devil softly whispered, kicking the hero back, sending him crashing into a tree.

The berserker now seeing a chance to strike, glowed red with rage and swung his axe aiming to cleave the devils torso off. “YES… SHOW ME HOW MUCH RAGE IS INSIDE YOU.” The devil exclaimed.

As the axe was about to connect with the devil. A shining light came from the wizard as she too was preparing to strike the devil once more with her spells. A grin formed in the devils face under his mask.

One of the knives that had been juggled in the air landed on the berserkers back causing his strike to be more easily blocked and allowing the devil to jump from the axe into the air, causing the magic to barely miss him and hit the berserker. Back into the air, the devil kicked the knife in the berserkers back even further deep which prompted the knife to glow in a soft and light blue. Soon the berserker stopped moving and cracks could be heard inside of him as branches which were previously his bones began to pop out and force the now dead man to pose dramatically.

“Two.” the devil counted catching the other knife and moving his attention to a now terrified wizard. When she made eye contact with him she immediately sent out a massive fireball towards the devil. The Devil once again threw a knife in the air and with the other he began to twirl, the knife absorbing the flame of the fireball, until nothing remained of it.

The wizard increasingly worried began preparing a second spell to try to save herself, but it was at that moment that she realized her services were no longer needed as the devil dashed to her in binding speeds and plunging the knife deep into her stomach. With a horrified look on her face and tears running down her eyes, her insides began to burn into a crisp as the flames erupted from her mouth.

“Three” The devil counted again this time noticing the hero stand back up one more time.

“You… you sick fuck.” the hero muttered looking at the corpses of his friends. “How could you enjoy such...fucking… shit...” raising his sword the hero questioned the intentions and desires of the devil.

“It is not the job of an actor to question their role, but to simply accept it and play it.” The demon said catching the last knife. “And your role seems to have come to an end.” With a sweep on the earth, the hero was blinded from the dust and swung blindly, only to feel the sharp pain of the knife on his back, causing the hero to collapse in pain.

“Four” the devil ended counting softly, not even looking back at the effects occurring at the hero. “Now let the final act come to an end.” the devil removed his mask, revealing his face, one that he barely showed, one that could be said to belong to an ordinary man, one Jihn despised, but now wasn’t the time to dread, now was the time to conclude it all. Placing the mask in the center of the four trees, a small pillar rose from the ground with a beautiful flower on the top.

“Your blood shall now be what ends this ugly world.” Jihn said getting near the hero and extracting a bit of blood. “Hmmm. the effect of the knife is taking longer than expected. Well nothing to matter.” having extracted the blood, Jihn carefully let the blood of the hero fall into the flower causing it to slowly shine more and more. “YES… YES… SPROUT AND SHOW THE WORLD YOUR TRUE BEAU-” Jihn exclaimed only to be cut off as he saw the sword of the hero through his abdomen.

“Heh… got you five times...” The hero finally collapsed, having his corpse turn into butterflies which scattered around the entire area.

“Five… FIVE FIVE… NOO NO NO NO NO.” Jihn exclaimed… “NO, I cannot… allow… my greatest… performance… end like… this...” but before Jihn could do anything, he quickly died bled to death unable to grant him the death he so desired as the flower’s brightness eventually engulfed the entire world and destroyed it in an explosion and color more beautiful than anything that would ever be seen.

But Jihn had his final act ruined and his perfect death replaced with pathetic stab through the abdomen.

No… no… no… no… a second chance… I need… a second chance… for… the perfect… performance… just need... one............ more................

Katie Moon
Castellan, Nortestra

black-cat-jpg.662968

IT'S MY LIFE IT'S NOW OR NEVER
Interaction
: Dirk
Mention
: Solirus Solirus
Around:​
"Finally..."

Katie trembled with emotion. He had endured so much, for so long. Tolerating hiding in bushes like a weakling, being protected by his subordinate while running away from demons, unable to help without using a Divine Equipment. But now...

"IT'S SHOWTIME!"

Katie's pupils turned into a star once more. However, they grew out of proportion this time, growing larger and larger until his whole eyes turned yellow. The silky fur all over his body let out light not unlike the moon's. Katie jumped from Dirk's shoulder to the air, where he performed a somersault with an excited meow. He didn't even need to care about stealth anymore!

"I am Katie the Great! The Patron of Space! Bow down before my paw, mortals! And you Dirk, for your loyalty, I grant you the opportunity to temporarily transcend your pathetic mortality! For night!"

Katie let out short bursts of maniacal laughter mixed with his continuous meowing. A stream of light flowed out of Katie's yellow eyes, heading toward the centre of Dirk's body. Once the light spread through his system, a feeling of power, of endless stamina would overflow him.

"Now, my loyal subordinate..." Katie cast a flying spell on Dirk. His pupilless eyes and glowing fur made him looked less like a cat and more like a spirit. "Go kill them all, get rich, and make me king!"

-Isekare-
The teapot whistled and Isekare smiled pulling the steaming kettle from the hot pad and pouring himself a tall mug of hot water. Placing a packet of tea in the mug, the sword master then began to prepare his tea, using sugar and cream to sweeten the deal. Closing his eyes Isekare breathed in the nice smell of the tea and sat down at the kitchen table noticing Doroteya for the first time now, having been engrossed entirely in the prep for his breakfast. He had noticed a presence entering the building and approaching but he hadn't been able to determine who the individual was. Figures that it would be Doroteya. The woman was a powerful archer and a strong warrior in her own right, it made sense she would've been able to hide her presence quite well. The Sword master really liked her, she was protective and insightful, an archer’s eye allowing her to see solutions others might overlook. She had been the only survivor of a demon attack on her village so she harbored a resentment of the foul creatures as powerful as Isekare’s. His cats liked her too so that was a bonus in her corner. The feline friends were often picky with who they let pet them, and Teya attracted them like she wore catnip on her clothes, so definitely a good sign.

He poured her a drink as she walked into the room and smiled at her stiffness hoping the look would relax her. Sometimes it felt like she didn't like the Sword master but he believed it was just her work biased attitude, and she didn't mean to be stiff or awkward it was just her focus on the important things. She had been practicing her archer work outside it appeared from the snow covering her armor and clothes. Always the diligent soldier, Teya was definitely a little different from the often lazy but good-natured swordsman. Isekare appreciated this difference and admired her for her diligence, she was almost as cool in this regard as Silver Jon’s casual vigilance. The two of them were much better at having the proper attitude for their situation, they understood the seriousness of the defense of the Solomon Fortress. Isekare couldn't help his casual demeanor, things just didn't seem so serious to him and like his demeanor he couldn't help his outlook. He was a relaxed man who loved his cats and comrades dearly, they were the only priorities in his life.

Then the sounds of battle reached both of the two’s heightened senses. The snow outside had picked up immensely but even through the roaring winter they could hear the faint echoes of clashing blades and the trademark howls and screams of a demonic attack in Czarsnikei. Doroteya immediately sprinted outside and took off towards the sounds of carnage. Isekare sat up quickly throwing the chair back and grabbing his jacket and pulling it on swiftly. Snatching the tea mug and his katana the warrior rushed outside mounting a tall black horse before galloping in a mad dash after Doroteya towards the battle. They reached the battle swiftly, arriving at a clearing surrounding an old Watch post for the Fortress. A demon of considerable strength and ugliness was battling Ronin and Silver Jon’s men and dozens upon dozens of lesser demons were rushing out from the forested area around the clearing at them. There seemed to be other demons as well, of another variety battling the feral beasts. There were other figures obviously not of Czarsnikei at the watch post. He would deal with the newcomers and other demons later, first this monster assaulting Silver Jon needed to be killed. Doroteya had immediately set upon firing at the blood spattered monster, her electrical projectiles flashing with intense speed and power towards the antagonist.

The monster dodged the assault with a roll before roaring and swinging its arms up to face his attackers, the appendages suddenly lengthening with a sickening fleshy clicking sound. The two arms speared towards Teya and Silver Jon. The old swordmaster easily flicked his blade smashing the arm to the side, while before Teya could react Isekare was there. He sliced through the blade with his Insta-Cut, the blade not even leaving the sheath as the instant slice removed the appendage. The monster howled and through back its head to roar with pain and rage; The howl cut through the storm in its intensity echoing throughout the forest. More demons would be on their way most certainly. This thing needed to die fast, and then they needed to get out of there before the reinforcements it was calling arrived. Another sword bearer danced around the battlefield, her and Ronin working in a synergy that spoke of much power between the two. Turning back to the demon as it leveled its head at him, Isekare snarled and drew his blade slightly from its sheath, waiting for the demon to make a move. It wasted no time in this department and snarling, its bisected arm suddenly grew back with a slimy and disgusting sounding shlick. It quickly lowered its head to charge, its arms and legs stamping into the snow firmly. Its horns glowed and lengthened before it rushed forward. Isekare dodged narrowly slicing it several times with shallow cuts before rolling off to the side.

As Isekare fought the demon, more and more of the lesser devils rushed to meet the humans. 5 lesser Nether Walkers rushed at Ullis, 3 strange mutated Wiluanas rushed towards Delilah, a massive Nether Walker with two extra arms rushed at Orobo, whereas Yamiko and Skathi suddenly found themselves facing off against a pack of Northern Night Walkers, their bone chitin armor camouflaged in the winter snow. Slawomirs began to appear around the edges of the battle and headed towards Ronin and Doroteya as well as the Yamiko-Skathi pair. The battle was truly intensifying and they all really needed to get out of there.

The demon skidded to a stop away from the other humans and growled before thrusting its chin out in annoyance as Isekare rolled away from its attack. It stamped in the snow, the powdery white substance flying into the air all around it. The blizzard howled and roared alongside its demonic accompaniment, the bloodthirsty demons of the forest increasing in number with every passing moment. Already the demons numbered around a hundred and more were fast closing on the humans. Silver Jon rallied his men, 18 of them left and began to fight towards a gap in the direction of the Solomon Fortress. As he moved the old man made gestures towards his Czarsnikei allies to signal a retreat. The humans would have to fight their way home through the blizzard; One of his mustachioed soldiers drew a flare gun from his belt and covering his ears fired the light directly into the sky to signal a horde in the area. The Solomon Fortress would go on guard in preparation for the returning humans and the following horde. Isekare then noticed the newcomers, Yamiko, Skathi, Orobo, Ullis and Delilah and shouted towards them with enhanced vampiric lungs. “Hey! Get your asses over here! These demons won't ever stop chasing after yall, come with us if you want to live! Ronin, get those two and your men and guard our rear as we retreat!” With the words spoken, Isekare turned and bisected a leaping lesser demon that had been going after one of Ronin’s soldiers. The beast landed in two pieces, nasty smelling gore splattering all over the snow covered ground. Isekare smirked and sliced another demon in two that had been creeping around behind the swordmaster. The monsters were wonderful combat dummies, but there were just so goddamn many of them.

Solirus Solirus StaidFoal StaidFoal Gohan510 Gohan510

They found it, the hidden path to the fortress the bandits were rumored to be using, or at least that is what the scouts believed. Kana hoped the troops making up the expeditionary force was enough o take the fortress as the Brotherhood couldn't afford heavy losses right now, not with as few of them as there was. But that was the the expeditionary force, lead by Cassandra with Kana as an adviser, was here to do; secure a base to use as staging ground for raids and other activities against Mollug to entice people to join them. Most of those recruits would be sent to the Brotherhood's main camp were Kez was overseeing training and making preparations for the actual take over of the country.

But first they had to reach the fortress and see what kind of people inhabited it. The bandits were rumored to not be as bad as some other groups, but still a problem for the people living nearby More concerning was that apparently a woman had been seen heading for this area by herself, if she was another Summoned and took over the fort then they needed to know what her intentions were as soon as possible. To that end she would lead the forward team to the gates and see what happened while Cassandra got her troops into position. If hostilities broke out, Kana would draw their attention to her to hopefully allow Cassandra to deliver some kind of devastating attack.

The whole situation made the goddess nervous, but she couldn't show it as more than a few of her followers numbered among the soldiers and their support personnel and Kana couldn't risk their faith wavering. Slowly she walked forward, taking her time to traverse the path as the deity wanted to make sure Cassandra could get into position without having to hurry. The Inquisitor had most of their mages with her, with luck that would let them bypass any tricky terrain without too much trouble.

Even with the slow walk it didn't take very long for Kana and the group to spot the main gates and those who stood guard on top of them. Ignoring the fact that her force was outnumbered, the goddess stepped forward and addressed the bandits. She chose her words carefully, not wanting to threaten them but also needing to be firm so they would hopefully understand that they would not tolerate delays.

“My name is Kana and I represent the Brotherhood of the Rising Star. I need to speak to your leader, immediately.”

---------

Ullis Hrundu

“Ok… that sounds fair enough… sticking together is perhaps that best option we have right no-.” Ullis was cut off when the demon destroyed the wall opening back to the outside were things seemed to have… escalated. It didn’t take a genius to realize that the enemies where the demons, however the other soldiers didn’t look to friend either, though that was just Ullis being a bit cautious. “Oh boy… welp… same plan no? We stick together and-.” Ullis was once again interrupted but this time he was sent to the wall and pinned by a nether walker, which had already stabbed him in the side and arm, Preventing him from taking out his sword.

“FUCKING BITCH.” Ullis screamed with anger trying to pull his arm off from the wall. The demon screamed in Ullis’s face. “FIRST MISTAKE… YOU DON’T SCREAM AT ME BITCH.” In a sudden move, Ullis headbutted the demon causing it to become slightly dazed. Seeing the opportunity, Ullis pulled down the mask covering his mouth and began casting his fire through his mouth, making it look as if he was breathing fire. The netherwalker was taken by surprise and was roasted from the inside as its mouth was still open. The netherwalker now dead which allows Ullis to remove the fuckers spikes out of his hand and side.

Ullis grabbed the toasty corpse of the netherwalker. “Fuck me you smell bad… I can't imagine how you taste then.” Ullis trying not to hesitate, took a bite from the netherwalker. Ullis swallowed the piece of flesh reluctantly and quickly regenerated the wounds he had been inflicted. Though before Ullis could test out any new powers he might’ve gotten he saw four more of those forsaken creatures run towards him. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” Ullis said as he pulled the mask up covering his face.

The demons mindlessly charged him while Ullis grabbed the hilt of his sword, except instead of drawing it, he managed to bring the sword with the sheath still on it. “...For fuck’s sake.” Ullis remarked as the first netherwalker lunged at him with the other three following close. With his sheather sword, Ullis swung it at the netherwalkers head, slamming it to one of the nearby walls, while the other three lunged at Ullis with him just having attacked and leaving himself open. Though instead of stepping back to attempt to dodge, Ullis rushed at the netherwalkers finding himself to be slightly faster and stronger already and forming his hand into that of the netherwalkers spike, pierced it through it chin, killing it while he kicking the other two towards the nether walker Ullis had smashed up against the wall.

Reverting his arm back to normal he attempted once more to pull out his sword which surprisingly worked this time. Dropping his sheath to the side and grabbing the sword with both hands, Ullis dashed towards the three remaining Netherwalkers near the wall and sliced all three of their torsos with a clean cut which even managed to cut the wall behind them.

Ullis lowered his mask again and with his sword he cleaved a small chunk of meat from all three of them, eating the chunks without having time to think of even considering their tastes. They weren’t particularly strong, but Ullis already felt himself getting stronger. Ullis once again transformed his hand into the nether walkers spike only to see it longer and sharper. “This… could come in handy.” Ullis once again reverted his hand back and pulled his mask back up. “...Where the fuck am I?” Ullis asked as he realized he had been tossed to a different room. “Well fuck me I’ll have to regroup with the others.” Ullis walked back to grab his sheath and ran back to where the others had been.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture StaidFoal StaidFoal Gohan510 Gohan510

Yamiko and Skathi

"Yamiko,"
the swordswoman replied, temporarily backing off from the attack. "I haven't sensed a being this powerful since the Culling Blade." With Ronin by her side, the two samurai went mad on the demons, each of their abilities synergizing with the other's. However, with each demon struck down, five more seemed to take their place. Valiant warriors fell around them, and their numbers dwindled. Despite the aid of the OtherWorlders present and their tremendous kill count, it was still too much. Too overwhelming. One general, an old man, called for the retreat, getting a nod from Yamiko. She flash stepped to the remaining soldiers were about to be pummeled by sheer numbers, wiping out the demons and allowing their escape.

"Where are you all going?" Skathi called out. "We ain't done yet!" The ice spirit rose from the ground, peeved at how they were all retreating. With a hand signal from Yamiko, Skathi would roll his eyes and grumble. A horde of the lower beasts attempted to jump the ice spirit, but they were easily swept away by a blast of ice. He reluctantly skated over to Yamiko and the retreating soldiers. "Y'know, these demons remind me of the people in my old home." Skathi raised a block of ice from the ground, blocking off the demons for their retreat and encasing some inside. They could see into the block of ice and at the demons caught inside, like a museum exhibit. "Relentless savages that only think 'kill, kill, kill,' and trample over each other every chance they get. Then these so called soldiers flee at the first sight of danger. It's kind of funny, really." Skathi shattered the whole block of ice, launching the debris toward the demons and crushing those unfortunate enough. "And when I come in, they die as easily as rats."

With that, Skathi gravitated towards the retreating Yamiko.

Doroteya

What kind of demon was this? One that could evade attacks and stretch their tendrils to attack enemies from afar. Frozen in disbelief, Doroteya could only watch stupidly as said tendril moved to impale her, only to be sliced off by, "Isekare!" What was she doing, looking so untalented in front of him? He probably thought she was only good at a long distance, unable to defend herself from attacks such as that. What angered her more was that it wasn't false. She nodded respectfully at the swordsman, refocusing on the giant demon. Well, she would have if it weren't for the abrupt presence of the slawomirs and demons overrunning them from all sides.

"Damn," she muttered. Doro hit one pack with a lightning arrow, bringing them all down, but the other beasts walked over them. By the time Silver Jon called for the retreat, she had already scaled the treetops and ran from branch to branch. She turned to fire a lightning arrow at their pursuers, but an ice wizard already took care of them. He had arrived with the female samurai, and not a moment too soon. She'd noticed people come out of the abandoned watch post, one of them being... Delilah? What was the Wyrmwood Witch doing here of all places? And who were the two others she traveled with?

Shaking her head, Teya moved to stick with the retreating group.

Delilah

"I suppose that's our cue,"
she said as yells and a crashing sound erupted. She calmly put the pipe back into her mouth, following Orobo out with her staff. What had come to the abandoned watch post was an entire patrol from Solomon's Fort, several familiar faces among them. Isekare, Silver Jon, Ronin, and Doroteya. Also here were the two spirits from the valley battle. Puffing some smoke, she watched as some of the feral demons approached them. A few had gone to Ullis, leaving only a dozen against Delilah. From behind her materialized a group of blue spirit animals; wolves, bears, and even an ice golem. She kept sucking on the pipe through the sounds of carnage and warfare, watching with unfazed eyes as the demons fell and spirits vanished.

When the Czarsnikeians declared a retreat, three larger spirit wolves appeared, one taking Delilah on its back.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Gohan510 Gohan510 Solirus Solirus

Ronin
Once the woman answered him, Ronin gave her a nod. He couldn’t respond due to them being bombarded with demons sadly making him have to focus on them. His soldiers hardly even decreased in numbers due to them staying together. He had brought 20 originally and now had 15. The woman made another comment to Ronin making him look at the horned demon.

“Yes something I have not sensed with great negative mana. A being of pure destruction. Losing its path from the light.”
Ronin finished his sentence stabbing a lesser demon trying to sneak behind him.

“Do not lose focus.”

“Sir, Silver Jon request a retreat we’re getting swarmed at the moment and its getting worse every moment we waste!”

“Rally the other commander’s forces and lets take our leave.”

Calmly stated like usual the soldier ran to tell his group as they all nodded. The group of soldiers ran around trying to help some of the other commander’s troops but were beat by Yamiko’s flash step. Ronin on the other hand continued to kill anything that attempted to attack the soldiers. Making a smooth Whistle, and in response a loud roar echoed through the chaos. Emerging from the crowds of demons the black fur beast returned to his master after the calling. Ronin jumped on the beast’s back as they road off to the now retreating group. Any demon attempting to catch either got grabbed by the owlboar’s jaws or cut in half by Ronin.

Getting close to the swords master he commanded Ronin to take the ice spirit and the strange woman with him to hold the back lines. Ronin nodded backflipping off the owlboar landing in the snow.

“You two stick with me while the others retreat. We are the wall between the demons and them. Hurry!”

Cutting through the mass crazed waves of demons Ronin and his mount kept them at bay hoping help from the two.
Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture StaidFoal StaidFoal Solirus Solirus

Hecate

It wasn't fun when the soldiers started fleeing the cathedral. Was the Eyeless Archangel too much for them? With a few hand movements, the archangel was engulfed in black smoke. It disspated, leaving only Hecate with a doll in her hands. She dropped it in a small, black portal and wiped her hands on her purple dress, smearing it with soot and blood. "Why're they so scared? I only helped some of them," she asked, genuinely curious. Hecate smiled back at Ivan. "Wait here, big bro, I'll go find them!" Before he could respond, Hecate had already skipped out the cathedral.

It was night, now. The Mollug soldiers could barely see as they tripped and scrambled over rubble and bodies. Only five had made it far from the disastrous cathedral battle, disarmed by the Eyeless Archangel in one strike and left to themselves. One Mollug stopped behind cover of a ruined building, panting heavily. He was sweating inside the armor, a convulsing urge to vomit building in his stomach. What were those people? Those things that murdered his friends? The Mollug peeked around, squinting in the darkness. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that nobody was there.

"Hide and seek is my favorite game, too!" The Mollug whipped around to see a silhouette in the darkness, standing before him. "But you're not really good at it, are you?" she asked, walking over to him. The Mollug reached for his spare knife, but much to his surprise a black puddle opened beneath him, from it rising pale hands. They grabbed at his hands and feet, dragging him onto the floor, yelling in terror. "One," she counted.

Even where two other escaping Mollug soldiers hid, they heard Hecate. The knights holed up in a somewhat stable building, barricading the doors and windows as they rested. From where they were, retreating out of Castellan was nigh impossible. One of the knights, an elf went to check up on the door they blocked, leaving the other wounded knight to rest on a crudely made mattress. "Two." The elf drew her sword and faced the voice, echoing from the room her comrade rested in. A sickening feeling crept up her throat, but she rushed in anyways. From the floor of the room was a puddle of black sludge, small footsteps leading up to the resting knight left by an 8-year-old girl. She was doing something to his face, digging her thumbs with a squishing sound. The elf let out a small, horrified gasp. Hecate's head twisted behind her back, a pitch black smile forming at seeing the elf. "Three."

The fourth escaping Mollug, an orc, took to running. His race was known for being more powerful and having more stamina than other races. He thought that he had a chance of escaping whatever was in the cathedral, and the faint, childish voice that's been counting in his head as if she were here. The darkness of night was maddening to the orc, as his legs kept getting caught in rubble and limbs. Soon, he stumbled in what felt like a pile of corpses, almost making him puke. It became hard to move his feet, as if something was trying to hold them down. The orc started to crawl over the bodies, feeling hands, faces, and the intestines of his allies. It was then he realized: the corpses weren't dead; their eyes were a bottomless void, and they all stared at him. Among them was an 8-year-old child, who had found him. "Four."

The last Mollug, a female human, felt an immense wave of fear as the little voice bounced in her mind. She went pale, her mind forcing her to re-experience the pain of her life: forced into the army so she could have food and money, watching her only friends be cut down by the Nortestrans, reluctantly slaying the defenseless at the command of her generals. All of it reverberated like a tsunami, bringing the Mollug to her knees and into tears. But in the darkness, she saw a light in the distance. It emanated from two young women, a girl, and what looked like a large horse. Maybe she heard her cries, maybe she didn't. But somehow, witnessing them gave her hope; something to combat the inner turmoil. But all hopes were dashed away when a shrill voice shouted, "I found you!"

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Juju Juju

Hakai & Bella
Now that the speech is over thankfully Hakai noticed the guild members now were calmer and listened to bella instead before chanting her to die and to stay silent. Hakai took a step back watching bella do the same.
“Your father held you back.”

“Yes... He did indeed.”

“Do you pledge your loyalty?”

“To you? Of course. I also don’t have a choice...”

“A choice was given to you right now which you have made.”

“Why are you nicer to me then you were to my father?”

She didn’t get a response from the knight so she followed him into the guild master’s office. Bella watched the knight look around the room slowly.

“How did you get so strong? You killed my father so quickly... Can you teach me..?”

“You obey me. I will teach you.”

“Really?! I don’t want to stay weak since your friend...”

“I have no friends.”

“Those two guys you were with though?”

No response again from the knight. It made Bella question if he even liked being around her. His vibe alone was enough to make any talkative person shutup. He was definitely different. The fat baldly came out the room now breathing heavily like he just ran a mile.

“Yo Black! Rojy wanted me to let you know he’s in the library. How was the take over of the guild? Hello there pretty lady you seem to have healed.”

“You’re lucky you been loyal to my father... and now a companion of Hakai’s. I would shred you into pieces for allowing that man to inflict so much damage on me.”

“Yeah......... Sorry about that. I tried to tell him stop.”

“Nearest city.”

“You asking?”

“I would like to say Tesirael. Why?”

“I’m pretty sure he’s planning on either conquering Tesirael or completely destroying it to loot everything they have.”

“But thats suicide? That city os heavily protected. Hardly any crimes are committed there other like Boreal.”

“Yeah but this guild needs a lot of supplies.“

“We can always buy them.”

“Enough!”

The two went silent while watching Hakai pick up one of Morbius’s paper noticing it was a trade between the two cities.

“We will take this trade. Bella you will negotiate the trade while I will take to the shadows and wonder the town to gain some information.”

“You remember that friend of mine I had mentioned? He can be of good use for gathering information and loot for ya!”

“He is confined.”

“Castellan and Mollug are currently going into a war its perfect timing to save him I promise!”

“Go get him. Bring some troops with you and save him.”

“You would get the job done better though...”

“I’ve spoken.”

“*sigh* Alright.... I will go. Wont promise a safe return. It’ll take about two to three weeks to get back.”

“Okay.”

“Good luck Gustas.”

“Yeah...”

Gustas left the room leaving the two in the room. Hakai sat in Morbius’s chair taking a deep breath. Bella watched Hakai wondering what was going through his head, but was too shy to ask. She swirled her index finger in a circle on the edge of the couch while humming.

“Why don’t you talk? Like more? I know we just met.. *sigh* My life changed so fast its hard to take it all in... I’m doing good though right...?”

No response which made her pout and lay on the couches arm. She let out a loud sigh hoping Hakai would say something but no response from him again. Getting up she walked over to Hakai waving a hand over his helmet. He was sleep?! This would be the perfect time to kill him, lifting her hand up Bella prepared to kill Hakai. She stopped herself mid way taking a few steps back. She couldn’t even if she wanted to. Looking around she found a blanket and placed it over the sleeping soul. Bella sat back on the couch and watched Hakai once more. He was quiet even in his sleep.

Before Gustas could get to the main hall a man with a hood appeared behind him wrapping his arm around Gustas's mouth and pulling him into the shadows of the building.
mention: Solirus Solirus

Out-Casters
Hitori was holding both of his arms in the air while the white aura shined around his body. Choji levitate a boulder launching it at fast speeds past Hitori. In a matter of moments the aura channeled to his hand allowing him to launch it towards the boulder finally hitting it after 15 tries. Breathing heavily Hitori smiled and jumped up in joy. Looking back over to Choji with a giant smile and a thumbs up. Choji clapped and congratulated the boy finally being able to aim and fire the attack, yet it still wasn’t at its perfected state.

“Good job Mr. Takeshi. Some more practice and you’ll be able to use it properly. That same process is how you use beam magic. Do be careful though, beam magic can reduce your mana faster then other magic, that’s the drawback for its destructive force. That beam magic spell you learned is quite interesting. Can I see it again?”

“Of course, let’s do it.”

Choji got another boulder this time casting it in magic and launched it passed Hitori who was slightly crouched. Cupping his hands are drawn to the his side while concentrating his mana in between his cupped hands. While watching the boulder blast passed him a light shined between his hands. Yet the light faded and Hitori fell over, but was caught by Kinji who flashed stepped over.

“Don’t kill yourself now kid.”

“I didn’t notice... my mana was that low....”

“I didn’t either I apologize... here!”

Choji walked over to Hitori healing him up allowing Hitori standing up slowly. His body was still being pressured by the intense room. Hitori’s mana was still low, but gradually slowly recovering.

“You’ve passed the first training. Based on your time frame that you gave us we’ll make each one quick like you wanted.”
“Alright cool! I’ll stay over here it’s calming being by the waterfall. Gaining mana back doesn’t feel so bad anymore I feel a lot more clear. Like I was cleansed.”
“You have proper mana control. I’m surprised you learned so fast.”

“It’s like relearning everything that’s why. Its harder cause I can barely move in here, but that helps even more making my body stronger.”

“You’re doing good. I’ll tell you a little secret. We’re not completely used to this room yet either. Yes we can move in here its still gives off that pressure. In here we move how you do outside of this room. Over time you will too. I have a question for you though. I notice when we healed you after battling Choji, you seem to have gotten stronger. On your world was it fighting the only way your bodies developed?”

“Yeah thats the only way. Training does too, but the fastest way we get stronger is constantly battling those stronger then us.”

“I see. Let’s eat dinner now.”

“I’ll prepare it.”

Choji flashed stepped off to cook for the group. He would prepare a spectacular dish to congratulate Hitori on joining and completing his first training. Flexing his muscles a bit Hitori stretched until jumping up noticing someone approaching. Kinji turned and smirked noticing it was Jugo. Flash stepping past Hitori, Jugo landed on the circular platform.

“So you’re finally done with mana control? He got stronger right Kinji?”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah.”

“Good. I’m your next opponent then. Your swordsmanship was lacking. I noticed your hand to hand combat was a lot more better then your sword skills. After me you’ll train with Yaha then Yuri and then Kinji. Got it? Choji went easy, but we won’t.”

“I’m ready then.”

They both had fire in their eyes ready for one another. Jugo smirked having respect for Hitori. Although they just met Jugo had that feeling Hitori was going to go far.

“You want to take a break or continue?”

“I’ll hold out on this one. Tomorrow will be smarter. Even though I’m getting healed I can feel my body starting to not feel right.”

“I keep forgetting this your first time in this room.”

“The others are coming?”

“They are?”

“Yeah you can’t sense them?”

“ OF COURSE I CAN DONT DOUBT ME EVER!”

“Sorry sorry.”

“KISSY!!!!”

Yuri landed on Hitori’s back laughing while holding onto him. Hiyori flash stepped to Kinji’s side followed by the others except for Choji.

“So you’re not so stupid after all.”

"Oh hey Hiyori."

"She was worried about you kissy! Kissy seemed really really hurt!"

Kinji looked at Hiyori with a cheeky smirk on his face trying not to break into a laugh, he covered his mouth with his hand to prevent any small laughter from escaping.

"NO I WASN'T SHUT UP YURI! WHAT THE HELL YOU LAUGHING AT!"

"How did your first lesson go?"

"You said something Yaha?"

"He asked how your training went. You gotten stronger from the feeling of it."

"OH! Yeah! It went good Yaha and thank you Lia. I haven't felt this good in a while. Back on my world I didn't really train due to the constant fighting. There was no need. I was always being pushed to the brink of death till I gathered the right equipment to defeat certain foes."

"Tell us about your world more. Please?"

"Uh yeah sure. Here though?"

"Under the tree is good yeah? We are gonna have a picnic after all."

Everyone moved to the tree that was next to the giant lake and sat under the shade from the constant light. Hitori was in his usual criss cross sitting position. Yuri sat on Hitori's lap smiling, Kinji sat against the tree, Lia sat on a tree branch, Hiyori stood against the tree looking away from the group, Yaha and Jugo both sat by Kinji leaving a gap between Yuri, Hitori, and themselves incase when Choji brings dinner. Hitori patted Yuri's head and looked at everyone.

"I just wanted to say before I start, thank you. You are all very kind people for allowing me to stay and even train. You guys even saved my life as well. I'm in your guys debt for sure."

"We had selfish intent, but we actually like you a lot. If Yuri is this comfortable with you then the rest of us can trust you."

"What she said."

"Indeed."

"Kissy is Yuri's new best friend. Right!?"

"Yeah, sure am!"

"*Giggling* Yay!"

"I'll wait for Choji to get here before telling my story."

"That'll be the wisest thing to do yeah. For now what exactly was going on out there before you, well you know."

"Before I lost control and went beserk? Well I was trying to lead this woman named Synthia who was on the Mollug side-"

"We know who she is. Sorry for cutting you off."

"No problem, and okay so you probably know the knights too then right?"

"Old man Suli's knights?"

"Suli?"

"He's one of Nortestra's generals. Those three "magic" knights are his loyal knights who usually are "protecting" him. It seems more of the time his old ass is protecting them."

"Oh... Well yeah them, they almost lost their lives to Synthia so I tried to get her away from them and hopefully out of the city. She was exteremely fast I don't know how she was so fast honestly with using her bird's wings. Fighting against her was really hard because her beam magic gave her a huge advantage over my more close combat style. She was always smacking me around too and I was barely holding my own."

"You were holding back though?"

"... Well yeah, but I didn't think her magic was THAT bad."

"You know holding back like that can seriously get you killed. Because of that you almost reached your end and wouldn't have met any of us right now."

"I know..."

"You better change that habit soon before it catches up to you. Continue."

"Not much more after that. That's when things went black. I woke up in this strange world that had a busted castle and the sky was black. There was a black bonfire in front of me, and even a reflection of me, but he was black and white and his eyes were yellow. He kept saying strange quotes. It was almost like he was related to the... the nightmares I used to get back in my world."

Everyone was quiet listening to Hitori speak, the mentioning of the reflection of himself made Kinji change his usual smirking into a worried expression. Everyone knew what he was going through, but no one opened their mouths about it. Even Yuri wasn't cheerful and had a worried expression as well. Hitori was going through the trauma it seems even before coming here as a summoner. After talking Hitori noticed the sudden change in the groups vibe and went silent as well. Yuri patted his forehead smiling at the boy giggling again.

"We're here for you whenever your ready to overcome that."

"Thank you."

"YEAH KISSY! DEMON NOT SO SCARY! JUST BEAT HIM UP AND HE'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE!"

"She's right, don't let it shake your moral."

"Thank you guys, seriously."

TERANIS
It had been a fierce battle at the cathedral. But now, as night washed over the city, the fighting seemed to be dying down. Teranis wiped the blood off of her blades on a nearby banner with some obscure coat of arms on it. She looked around and saw nothing but dead or dying warriors. A part of her grieved with them, for they had not been at even odds, but another part of her reveled in the glory of battle.

In a way it was funny to her. She was in a place far away from home, a place as mysterious as the alien worlds her people had conquered. Yet the rush of a battle made her feel right at home. Her unlikely allies seemed to have suffered the same fate as herself for they all stood out in a world such as this with their superior technology and wicked sorcery.

As the enemy retreated Teranis found herself sitting at the stairs leading into the cathedral. She didn't know who they were but some of the soldiers seemed far more trusting than those she had been forced to cut down. The names of both sides had been mentioned in whispers but she didn't know the details and for now the only comfort she had was the sole fact that she wasn't alone in a place like this.

NARAYA

A yawn escaped the alien bounty hunter as she watched the siege from the comfort of her sniper's nest. Since her unscheduled landing had taken place Naraya had done nothing but reinforce her position. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that her employers would assist her in exfiltrating but she knew it would take a lot of time, perhaps more time than she could afford in the event that either side of the battle took an interest in her crash site.

No matter. They would never be able to pierce the hull of her ship. As long as it remained relatively safe and secure she could endure for weeks or, if needed be, months on this alien world.

Naraya stretched her legs slowly and adjusted herself. She had been lying prone inside the barn for hours now doing nothing but look through her scope and glance briefly at her drone feeds. It was a bit risky but ultimately Naraya had decided to deploy five concealed surveillance drones to monitor the situation alongside the city outskirts and by the look of things the attacking side were currently regrouping for another strike.

From her angle it would be laughably easy to eliminate most of the assaulting commanders or at the very least the people she thought to be commanders. Good thing it's not my problem unless someone shows up out of the blue to pay me.

Rojy Erac

“Hmm… lets see here, this is the most recent entry to the journal… ” Rojy had already read the majority of the GM’s journal, it contained quite a few interesting things about their life, but nothing too important, though as Rojy read the most recent entry, it noted that these past couple of days he had been feeling a sort of terrifying and overwhelming presence getting closer and closer, describing it as, “Death coming to personally take his life… ” Rojy was a bit confused at first but then began to have his own theories of what it could be.

Whatever it was, Rojy had already finished reading the journal and he couldn’t wait to dig in to the next one. Geography. If he was ever going to travel and “Explore-Destroy-Conquer” this new and fantastical world, he would need to learn about the world itself.

However as he reached out to grab the book, he felt his butt and back extremely uncomfortable, in the end he hadn’t been sitting on some luxurious chair, but instead was sitting on a plain old wooden chair that was even beginning to fall apart due to its terrible maintenance. Rojy paused for a second, with no other better option, Rojy stood up and grabbed the four remaining books he had, holding it in a stack.

While holding the stack and doing anything he could so it wouldn’t fall, he opened the door and left the room, closing the door in the process, “Ok… I’ll either look for Gustas or just any other place to read.” Rojy said to himself so he wouldn’t forget why he was moving around with the books. Thus Rojy just wandered around the guild holding the stack of four books with him, hoping he could find anything that looked remotely comfortable to sit on.

Gohan510 Gohan510

-SIN-
The sun was setting as SIN appeared. This time he did not bring forth visitors immediately, but instead just stood on the cliff side. There would be no great battle or symbolic crossroads to greet the newcomers this time. A nice vista and the mad god would be all there was to greet the outworlders. He sighed and thought of the events that had taken place to bring him to Valucia. It was a nice world but it wasn't his own, he really missed home sometimes; But there was no home left for the divine being, it had been dropped behind a long time ago. The cliff reminded him of his last moments in that paradise, looking out over a grand view, mountains and forests all small in comparison to the great view offered to him. The gears inside him whirred and clicked as he looked out. A small tear dripped from his eye, black and oily in its consistency, it contained eons worth of sadness in its small mass. He’d had enough dwelling on the utterly ancient past however; Now was the time for the present, the present and its newest members. Two summonings would go down, the beasts in the north and south and the sentient beings right here in the mountains of Mollug.

He wiped the tear from his eye, removing all trace of its existence from the world. Then he turned around to the clearing before the cliff. SIN raised his arms and muttered a few unintelligible words. A ripple shifted through the world and in the northern and southern islands, several beasts of immense power from outside the dimension were summoned. These beasts would be pawns of SIN, beasts to spread his word and influence throughout Valucia. A particular one by the name of Shaka came into existence alongside these beasts. He came into the world hungry, empty, yet full of desire. He began to seek the stronger beings of Valucia, heading directly towards the newly summoned on the main continent. He would arrive within two weeks, and when he did pain would arrive with him. SIN summoned these beings not for any purpose so simple as evil’s sake but in order to add more chaos to the world. The reason SIN desired more chaos within the world would not be explained in this paragraph. SIN’s plans and motives were his own and he didn't need the player characters knowing why he had summoned them as of yet. Stop being so damn nosy anyways, jeez. Surely they’d find out soon enough on their own anyways.

SIN then sat down, a rocking chair appearing instantly to catch him. Quickly snapping three times consecutively, SIN finally started the newest summoning. Nothing happened at first, and then suddenly, the beings from the outer worlds began to appear. It was slow, each forming from their feet to their heads, none gaining sentience until fully coalesced. In about an hour all would have arrived.

@ everyone who wants to bring in a new character.

Jihn

"Why... why had this happened? How could I allow myself to... die in such a way?"

"I was so close... yet I got cocky, I left myself open, I underestimated his durability..."

"...GAH MY PERFECT DEATH, RUINED BY A SIMPLE MISTAKE."

"I ONLY NEED... ONE MORE CHANCE... ANYTHING AT THIS POINT, ANYTHING SO I CAN GAIN MY PERFECT DEATH"

Nothing happened... and in a single moment, a shining light appeared like a gate which would send him to a new world. Without a second thought he moved near it and was blinded by its light.

Jihn's body had finally materialized in the area, feeling himself younger and with his old clothing, but still missing his right arm. He took a deep breath and looked around him, noticing weird energy around him and an odd individual seemingly casting that magic. Jihn slowly lifted up his left arm and put it in his chest as he took a deep breath. He couldn't help but giggle to himself, but he didn't allow himself to laugh loudly, he didn't have his mask on thus he would want to keep as many things as vague as possible.

With a grin in his face, Jihn sat down on the ground putting his left arm on his leg to support himself and looked at the weird individual. "So... why am I here?" Jihn asked carefully, checking to see if his assumptions would be confirmed or something else was going on, but for now he was ecstatic that he was brought to a new stage to work with and the grin in his face clearly showed that.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture @ new characters.

Lord Nicholas

"It's all or nothing!"
the heretics' earpieces rang. "This fight will mark the end of one side, and I will not accept that side being ours! Give it everything you've got!" After striking at several key points and liberating dozens of cities from the Inquisition's reign, it became evident that a stopping point drew every so closer. Now, they sieged the capital's cathedral where the world's power source remained, having gave birth to the age of electricity and the Inquisition. The smell of warfare and gunpowder riddled the area. Knights and heretics shot their steam pistols back and forth, and it seemed as if the heretics were making ground.

However, as the heretics rose to make a big push forward, an arc of electricity shot from the other side. It bounced from one fighter to another, downing three squadrons with one bolt. "It's the Grand Inquisitor!" a heretic yelled. Immediately, all gunfire from the heretics focused on the heavily armored man, but a purple orb of electricity surrounded Lord Nicholas like a bubble. It zapped the incoming bullets as he trudged into enemy lines. "Give us the life that we want!" and, "Return our children! No longer will you force them into your armies!" rang from the heretics as they fought.

"Damn heretics," he mumbled, a low, German voice booming from the Grand Inquisitor. "It was electricity which brought us together, and you seek to destroy our unity?" Nicholas raised his arms, bolts of electricity running through his gauntlets. He aimed at the squads blasting their ammunitions into Nicholas, and within seconds lightning from his hands reached out, clawing at them like souls of the dead and muffling their yells with the ear-bursting crackle Nicholas so enjoyed.

"Dammit," the leader grumbled. "Everyone, fall back!" She turned to her close allies, the key figures in their resistance against the forced religion.

The Inquisitors cheered, shooting at their fleeing enemies and running with newfound morale. Not until the roof of the cathedral was torn away, revealing the stolen weapon now under heretics' hands. It was an artillery ship, big as a blue whale and carrying as much destructive force as the entire Inquisition. While the Inquisitors fled and cowered as the battlefield was pelted with massive explosions that kicked up dust and corpses, Lord Nicholas stood still, gazing at it behind the mask which hid his face for near his entire life. As one missile fell, it seemed like it would strike Nicholas head on.

A mix of orange flames, black smoke, and purple electricity emanated from the ensuing explosion. They spotted Nicholas flying through the air and landing with a hard 'thud'. Both sides gawked at the scene, but Lord Nicholas stood right up, twitching as if it merely gave him a burst of adrenaline. Then a laugh. The Grand Inquisitor was laughing. He sent arcs of electricity running through the floor of the cathedral. Tiles opened up, and machines powered on. The cathedral was shifting its interior, and behind Nicholas rose the power source of the entire world.

"What are you all waiting for? Fire on the core!" the leader yelled from the bridge. The soldier told him that their forces were still reloading. She and her allies walked over to the glass, where Nicholas and the core flashed brightly in the battlezone.

"Nothing vill stop the Inquisition!" he yelled. The power source opened a hatch near the Inquisitor, and blinding flashes of lightning latched onto him. "I have... UNLIMITED POWER!" He raised his arms at the artillery ship, and a beam of lightning shot up at the ship, bigger than anything anyone has ever seen before. All the soldiers could hear was the crackling of electricity. The artillery ship went up in a blinding light when the explosion rocked everyone's ears. The shockwave reverberated back, throwing them off their feet. Even as the debris rained hell on the cathedral, Nicholas remained ciphening the core's power. Any heretics still here fruitlessly ran only to get vaporized by the beam of lightning.

An inquisitor found the courage to run up to him and say, "My lord! Any more electricity and—"

"I don't care! I will purge these heretics myself! Every last one of them!"
After he said that, the core started to shake, its electricity clawing out of its shell more and more, spreading across the floor like a corruption. The officer stepped back before breaking into a full sprint. The inquisitors followed suit, retreating back. By now, the heretics were wiped out, and only Nicholas remained in the cathedral. His laughs coincided with the crackling, and Nicholas now burned as bright as the core. It turned a light orange before shriveling up, dragging Nicholas into the midst and drowning his voice.

Then all was quiet for exactly one second. Then whiteness. Everyone who once walked on the planet froze up and shook like a madman, volts coursing through their veins and their homes. The aircraft was hit with an EMP, sending them crashing into the Earth in flames.

---

"Ugh..." Nicholas pushed himself off the ground. The first thing he saw through his crusader helmet was green grass, which bewildered him; very few greenery remained in the world after the Industrialization. Then he sat up, and the grass extended upon miles. He gasped, scrambling onto his feet. "Where... How..." Then he laid sight on the metal man, the only one who was up at the time. Nicholas flicked his wrists, listening to the electricity roar in his gauntlets and how they crackled. "Who are you! How did you do this?" Nicholas wasn't even sure what this referred to, or where he was. A scantily dressed man woke up with a wide grin on his face, but the crusader's focus was locked onto SIN.

Argris and Mia

"This is the story of a little girl named Mia Washington. With neglectful parents and a poor life, she always finds a way to smile. I decided her to be the perfect one, and chose to help her situation. At the end of the journey, Mia will be at peace, and I will have accomplished my goals. How is that for a story, Mia?"

"It sounds awesome!"
the girl squealed. She slowly climbed over a moss-ridden log, her shoes crunching the dry leaves as she jumped over. "But what are your goals, anyways?"

"Why, to help you, of course!"
he said in a near instant.

"Really? But Mommy tells me that nobody helps others unless they get something out of it."

"Well, your mother isn't wrong, but there are a few who do it for the sake of others. Now, the treasure should be around here somewhere."
Mia stopped at an open area, looking around aimlessly. No grass or trees grew in the area. Several rocks and boulders lay in odd patterns, making the girl feel unsure.

Shivering, Mia gripped her jacket closer, a pit of sorrow only now choosing to sprout. "I've never been alone in the woods, before, but at least you're here with me, Mr. Voice." She inched forward when something snarled in the darkness of the forest. She yelped, jumping back and landing on her bottom. At last, the predator revealed itself. The pack of wolves quickly surrounded Mia, baring their teeth. The girl started to whimper, water forming in her eyes. "M-Mr. Voice?" she meekly called out. "M-Mommy? Daddy?" Her nose felt stuffed, and warm tears started trickling down her cheeks.

Flocks of birds fled from the trees they perched on as an ear-piercing scream echoed through the forest. She curled up into a ball, tears streaming and eyes shut tight. But when the pain and bites never came, she opened one eye. "They're gone, Mia." Argris said. "Nothing will ever hurt you." Much to her surprise, the wolves were gone. The smile returned to her tear-ridden face..

"Thank you Mr. Voice..." She sniffed, wiping her tears with a sleeve. "Thank you!" Mia continued searching the mass of rocks, not knowing of the desecrated wolves so brutally killed and flung far away. Soon, Argris had her stop at one specific boulder. It had an odd symbol in blue paint on its side. He told her to take out the pickaxe from before. "I still feel guilty about taking this. Are you sure that man survived?" she asked, awkardly gripping it.

"Yes, yes, you're only a child, you couldn't have killed him. I made sure he wouldn't rat you out, so no need to feel guilty for something you're innocent of, okay?"

"Okay..."
When Mia swung, the pickaxe was surprisingly light, and it took a chunk out of the boulder. Argris was sharing his strength with the girl, unbeknownst to her. Swing by swing, the bright, blue color faded. The symbol crumbled away, and Argris had never felt more alive. He told her to keep going, trying his best to hide the rush of adrenaline he got from feeling the power once again.

Then a siren blared, making Mia freeze in her tracks. "Keep going! Keep at it! Hurry!" Mia hesitantly continued picking at the symbol. Even after the sirens told of an imminent warhead strike, he kept pestering her to dig despite her cries of going as much as she could. Before the last bit of the rune was destroyed, Argris felt the extremely inconvenient attack strike the land just a few miles away.

---

"Mia?" Argris called out. "Mia, wake up!"

"Erhm... Wha—? Where is... Where..."
Mia awkwardly stood up, rubbing her eyes with a yawn. Argris remembered everything: the blast, flying through the trees inside of the fragile girl's body, and the bizarre anomaly that transported them here.

"Oh, thank goodness you are all right!" If she died, everything he did would have gone to waste. Already, Argris was looking around. Everything seemed unharmed. A man with a metal hand sat, watching over them. Them, being Mia and several other oddities, lay on the ground, waking up one by one. Two others were already up and at it. A tanned man in rags grinned weirdly, asking the man with the metal arm why he was here. The other, a fully armored man who Mia recognized as a knight from her fairy tales, woke up yelling. He was understandably angry, but a little too angry for Argris' liking.

"That man in the rocking chair. He looks like he knows the answers to our questions. Why don't you ask him?" he suggested. But of course, Mia had other ideas.

"Why can't you, Mr. Voice?" she whined quietly, shying away from the group.

"Because you are the only one who can hear me, Mia. Now, ask him where we are and why he did this, and remember to speak politely."

"B-But what about the other people? They look scary..."
When Nicholas yelled, Mia let out a small, "Eek!"

Argris sighed. Why did he have to deal with such an annoying brat for this long? She was dumb and weak... but she was the perfect vessel. "If they harm you, I will deal with them. Promise."

Mia shyly nodded. Making en effort to control her breathing, she slowly inched her way over to SIN. "M-Mister? W-Where are we a-and why are y-you doing this?" Goodness, she's such a stuttering mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back