• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cross Blades: The Divine Conquerors Main

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Wyman and Hodir

The way he strengthened his blade; hers would shatter against his. Maybe Hodir... No, he wouldn't be fast enough to help. There was no where to go but forward. And forward she went, charging straight at Sulric, sword at the side. Her eyes trained on his movements and his strengthened sword. If he swung down, Wyman would run on his thin blade like a ramp and jump over Sulric to escape the prison. If he swiped from the side, she would have to time it so when she jumped she would step on the blade and over Sulric. Either way, she escaped the trap he had set.

Wyman had escaped the energy prison and was now behind Sulric, a strike at his exposed area already in motion. However, something stopped her from delivering the blow. Something that made her eyes widen and heart swell. She looked past Sulric over to where Hodir and the unicorn were once battling. Her dragon let out a pained, deafening roar as another woman who appeared started chopping off his natural armor like butter. Hodir jumped back, preparing an inferno to let loose on the woman, when, she heard lightning emanate from the girl behind Sulric. An arrow of electricity shot forward and landed in Hodir's exposed flesh.

She'd never heard him roar so painfully, nor had she even seen him fall motionless. "NO!" she yelled, throat straining as she dropped to her knees. The shock was short-lived, though, as she instantly sprung up into a rapid strafing with a speed that even Sulric had a hard time keeping up with. Silent, she started lunging and slicing at Sulric, backing off each time and strafing to another side to do the same. Eventually, whether he grew worn or not, Wyman reached his back side and sprinted over to her unconscious dragon (she didn't know he was just asleep). "Dammit, dammit, dammit..." she mumbled, still meters away from Hodir.

Wyman narrowed her eyes, reaching for a small, golden amulet around her neck. The Amulet of Undying. She wouldn't make it over to him, but she could sure as hell do this. In an elven tongue she learned for the sake of a situation such as this, she chanted while running, "Ashes en' lante, runya en' i' forsaken, karna duna en' i' great sgiathatch Hodir, entula life once ner!" (Ashes of fell, flames of the forsaken, make rise of the great dragon Hodir, return life once more!) The amulet rusted entirely, and Wyman tossed it aside. She then turned to face the old general in another sword fight.

A pillar of fire shot up behind her, from the now healing body of Hodir. It breached the clouds, turning the skies a dark crimson. The floor beneath Hodir erupted with lava. With an ear-piercing roar that was heard throughout the whole battlefield, Hodir made himself known. This time, his natural armor was a tough, black stone. Cracks in it revealed running magma coursing through his veins. From Hodir's mouth dripped molten lava, and he shot a glare at those who beat him (the woman Susan summoned and Kotori). "You dare to think you humiliated me so easily, human? An elder dragon?"

1579488530480.png

Hodir slammed a claw into the earth, causing a line of cracks in the surface to trail quickly up to the woman with the blade. From the cracks erupted lava, spewing several feet high. He looked straight at Kotori, opening his mouth to reveal the brightness of the magma encroaching his body. With a roar, a cone of fire and lava spiraled towards her, the end of the cone large enough to engulf a small house. Pitch black smoke was covering the battlefield, sprouting from both Hodir and his spouts of magma.

Wyman had shut herself up, focusing entirely on her duel with Sulric. This bastard's friends dared to hurt her dragon. She whispered something to enchant her blade, making it unbreakable and lightweight. Taking a stance with her open hand behind her back, she waited for the general to make his move.

Solirus Solirus Juju Juju Astralworks Astralworks

It had been a short time since Iseros had found herself not dead from the collapse of the webway as her fleet moved from one system to another after extracting tribute from an unwilling dynasty. This tribute could easily be called her stealing from others plundering the still sleeping warriors and ships she wanted before running away as fast as she could but Iseros would never say that. She was a Phaerakh a ruler of a dynasty even if others would not admit it she would let none say she was not and thus for waking a world she was owed tribute if not fealty of those she woke. Either way the already crumbling webway of the old ones had not been able to take another breach and Iseros should have been completely destroyed. What had happened instead was that some being calling itself a god had pulled her through the warp to some other world or plan, at least that was her explanation. Iseros would never allow herself to believe that a god was anything more than warp nonsense or a C'tan and her people had experience slaying the latter. Iseros sadly could not strike the false god Sin down and shatter him as all false gods deserved, for she was alone her ships her advisers everything was gone.

Iseros had needed to rebuild and luckily she was not the Canoptek queen for nothing as she always had at least scarabs with her and such little things were the building blocks and makers of so many constructs of the Necrons. Thus rebuilding would only take time as the matter to energy technology within the scarabs meant they could simply eat anything and turn it into the advanced machines and devices the Necrons used in war. The false god wanted iseros to take over this one pitiful world and had brought so many warp tainted mortals she was sure he was some chaotic deity summoning it's wretched champions for this competition. So iseros could not go against them just yet as the warp worshiping mortals would not doubt be blessed by the false god as they earned his favor. Iseros needed a base and needed her dynasty and for that she needed a secluded place far from any of the chaos servants where she could work until she was ready. To this end Iseros had traveled day and night to find such a location, a massive mountain in a range of mountains, a solid hunk of rock that none would notice was slowly becoming hollow.

The mountain would provide all the resources she needed to be covered into a proper place to wage war from, her flag ship. in the time that had passed the scarabs had done their work and dug deeper into the mountain digging out a long tunnel so that more scarabs could be formed and more importantly a resurrection chamber so that her advisers could be brought forth. Iseros had all four of her trusts advisers backed up into her special orb allowing her to bring them back even now that she was somewhere that might not even be in the same galaxy.

" Can we not simply recreate Borsis using this world the organics would die once the biosphere is gone?" Arkahan suggested always seeking to build the greatest of structures with Borsis beign one of the world engines of their home though such conversion would take forever.

" No no we must capture this chaos being SIN no other deity has ever manifested like it has on a mortal plane" Arakhet suggested she sought to dissect the god to find it's secrets so that they might ascend beyond their current forms.

" These long term plans make little difference to us right now our dynasty lacks forces we could not even hope to shatter a C'tan without rebuilding" Mekeptah interjected his voice almost a buzz as it produced ever more scarabs.

" Mekeptah it correct for now we must build up our forces" Iseros said making the other two glare at the victorious adviser " But one day we shall chain this false god down and use his powers tearing apart all his secrets" iseros continued making the other two turn back to her seemingly okay with having to wait a bit before they could start their plans.

" My Phaerakh if i may i believe we should focus on building your flag ship once more as a mobile command base so we might spread our influence to other worlds " Sahunu said she had been quiet till now as she only cared for the creation of ships and improvement of the engines thus no matter the plan she would get what she wanted.

" That was my plan exactly we can not remain hiding in some hold forever we must rebuild our flag ship only then can we truly start anything for all must know my Glory" Iseros said her ego demanding her ship be returned and that it would be her glory it displayed and none others.

" Then i shall work with Mekeptah so that his creations will know where to dig " Sahunu said and Iseros nodded the other two were free to do as they pleased until called upon and they of course would scheme to earn Iseros's favor and of course form and break their own alliances they would all need their own sections of the ship so for now all were united. It was a careful balance of power iseros had long ago perfected to keep them all in line.

Sulric Trynd

Sulric had sent out a strike more as to grant her new ally an opportunity to hit Wyman. Wyman had successfully dodges Sulric strike, damaging him. Sulric barely fazed by this and turned around to keep fighting Wyman only to see that dragon had been taken out by an impressive attack.

Sulric retreated the barrier he had created and chased after Wyman thinking she would attack Kotori as an opportunity. Though instead she charged back to her dragon and seemingly brought it back to life, instead of attacking, she wasted such a valuable resource to save someone.

The dragon woke up and this time angrier. Sulric had stopped and looked at Wyman as returned to Sulric to resume their duel. Sulric with his sword not even raised looked at the general, a so called enemy and nemesis that Sulric was meant to hate, someone that he was meant to loath and want dead, but the action that she had shown right now was one of selflessness. For so long Sulric though Wyman used the dragon as a tool and a weapon and never had he considered their bond to be that of companionship.

Sulric looked at Wyman's eyes with rage of having her companion almost die and Sulrics eye was now giving off the look of sadness, for he would have to strike down such an amazing individual.

Sulric gripped his sword still pointing it downwards and used his defensive magic to create a small dome around both the generals, letting nothing in and nothing out. “We would’ve been great friends in the right circumstances, I’m sorry it has to be this way.” Sulric sadly said as he planted his sword on the ground with his arm still gripping it and took a deep breath as if to calm himself down.

Astralworks Astralworks Juju Juju StaidFoal StaidFoal

Kotori & Wakinyan

Kotori struggled to hold back Wakinyan's immense power. Pain crawled up her outstretched arms, rain-soaked skin sparking from excess energy, yet she was determined to spare the black beast. Even though it hurt, she held on like this until her bones ached and her fingertips went numb. For a moment, she wondered if the dragon would outlast her, yet just when she thought she would pass out, the dragon fell silent.

Chest heaving, Kotori collapsed to her knees. The crackling blue began to fade from her, sparking away in the rain like embers. Her ears rang, making her head swim, but when she looked up to see the unconscious dragon she decided it was worth it. She watched as Wakinyan freed himself from beneath the dragon's limp claw, shaking away the mud and filth from his hide. Splotches of charred black still clung to his beautiful scales, but aside from this he seemed to be alright. Susan and the woman also appeared to be unharmed, a true blessing. Kotori allowed herself a sigh of relief, her shoulders relaxing.

It was a small moment of peace, but it was not to last. Something stirred against the cold rain, warming Kotori's face and brushing the hair out of her face. No less than a heartbeat later, a pillar of flame burst from the dragon, tearing a hole in the stormy skies. Magma burst from the torn earth, bubbling up like blood. Rising from it was the dragon, fully awake and seething with rage. It had changed somehow, its scales replaced with magma and hardened slag.

"No! Dammit!" Kotori clenched her fist around her bow, knuckles going white. She forced her legs to stand, her stance shaky as she recovered from her previous attack. There was no way the dragon could have withstood that amount of power.

Kotori grit her teeth, feeling her heart fill with dread as the dragon's eyes locked on her. In trying to help the creature, she had only made the situation worse. Kotori glanced over her shoulder to Sulric, who was at a stand-off with the dragonrider. As much as she would like to aid him she would have to trust him with the commander while she dealt with the dragon, a task she hated. She briefly prayed for Sulric, and for her own courage as she drew an arrow from her quiver.

The dragon's maw filled with fire, but Wakinyan was quick to act. He jumped onto the dragon's head, all four of his hooves slamming the brute's head down onto the scorched earth. It forced the dragon's jaws to snap shut and directed the cone of flame off-course, vaporizing the earth in a wide V shape around its target. After holding the dragon's head down, Wakinyan sprung away and landed gracefully to the side, forcing Hodir to decide if he wanted to focus on the beast or Susan and the swordswoman. Wakinyan stood proud before the dragon, almost like he was challenging it.

The smoke quickly gathered on the battlefield, its thick plumes a stark contrast to the shining-white beast. It made it difficult for Kotori to find her friends in the battle, let alone aim her bow. While this was a great cause for concern, it also gave her an idea, which she relayed to Wakinyan. His thick mane rustled as winds spiralled to him, binding the smoke to his will. It clouded around the dragon, obscuring its vision. For those outside the smoke, however, the dragon's brightly glowing magma armour made it easy to discern his outline.

Kotori spoke to Susan through her mark, hopefully spurring her into action. "Quick, attack him while he cannot see!"

She then pulled back her bowstring, loosing a few arrows at the dragon. Meanwhile, Wakinyan kept the winds pressed down on the dragon, condensing the smoke and making it hard for Hodir to move.

Rojy Erac

Rojy listened to Hakais plan as he really didn’t have much else to do. “Yeah, that works too, though I don’t need to exclusively need to use the knife, it just helps out.” As Hakai threw the stake, Rojy tried to catch it with one hand only to drop it on the table. Rojy picked up the stake and put it near the knife. “I suppose this will help too.”

As Hakai ordered for some food for them, Rojy wanted to cut him off, stating that he didn’t need to eat. Eventually Rojy decided to scrap the idea as he still missed the taste of some decent diner… lunch… or whatever they were having. Though As they waited for the food, Hakai asked Rojy what had happened back there and even wanted to know his power.

“Well, It’ll only be fair that you explain your power once I explain mine. But I’ll just give you the basics.” Rojy stated clearing his throat. “When I use my power, I am transported to a different place while still remaining here, thus I cannot interact with most things, like people or objects as you can see with me moving through people. I can also transport things and people, like the knife and the guy. In this other place I will eventually be able to do anything in it, though I still need to recharge as I have been in that other place for… quite some time now… being unable to do much.” Rojy looked down at the tables and his hands, knowing that all parts of him would never allow themselves to return to the hell that was space.

“Anyway, that’s as simple as it gets, now how about your power?.” Rojy said looking at Hakai.

Gohan510 Gohan510

Wyman and Hodir

Pesky, pesky, pesky. That's all Hodir could think as the arrows struck his scales, and the wind making him unable to move. That combined with the smoke's blinding effects used against the elder dragon made his blood boil. "The synergy of your attacks..." Hodir grumbled, looking at both Kotori and Wakinyan. "You must mean that much to each other. Do not fret. I do not plan on separating you for long..." Hodir dug his maw into the ground, using his claws to dig away. He breathed magma into the incision into the earth, which he kept on for a few minutes, petty arrows biting his skin like mosquitoes. Soon, the ground started to rumble. An audible crack was heard, emanating from the dragon. The smoke rose and cleared, and their arena shook Hodir's opponents off balance.

Hodir's attack revealed itself soon enough, most of the floor eaten away by the small lake of lava. The only remnants were the platforms that resisted sinking into the lava, floating around aimlessly. Luckily enough, the floor beneath Kotori was one of these patches. As was the same for Wakinyan, Susan, and the new girl. The summons drifted apart from each other, trying to balance on their platforms. Meanwhile, Hodir began to march across the running lava, as if he enjoyed the environment. His sights were set on the annoyance that was Kotori, believing her to be the weakest of the group. He picked up in speed, splashing lava everywhere and making his footsteps boom across the whole battlefield. Hodir planned to open his mouth, glowing brightly with heat, and eat her. Simple as that, and less messy.

Wyman couldn't help but give a small nod to Sulric, her face unchanging. "I will say, I've always admired your comradery. It's admittedly a rare sight these days." As Wyman stood on guard, and Sulric with his sword implanted in the ground, it became evident that they were waiting for an attack from one another. It was only a matter of who lost their patience first. And that person was Wyman.

She pulled her hand from behind her back, shooting the small crossbow she hid at Sulric's face. She didn't expect it to land by any means, but for it to prove as a diversion as she almost instantly followed up with a swift strike aimed at his side. If Sulric blocked the projectile with magic or his sword, then he'd leave one other place open for attack. If he dodged one way, then landing a hit on Sulric was guaranteed for her.

Juju Juju Solirus Solirus Astralworks Astralworks

Sulric Trynd

Sulric waited with a sad expression for his so called enemy to attack. Soon enough Wyman lost patience and began her assault on him. It was a clever strategy of misdirection using shock to her advantage. But Sulric simply stood there and as the crossbow bolt was shot, Sulric allowed it to hit his forehead, piercing a bit in.

Wyman went to his side and lunged at him. Sulric unfazed by the bolt moved his head towards Wyman with a face of someone who had to kill their pet. Wymans blade was successful in puncturing Sulrics side, hitting his stomach. Yet Sulric remained unfazed and once the blade had gone considerably deep, Sulric reached down and tightly gripped Wyman’s wrist holding the blade.

“I’m... sorry.” Sulric said as he kept squeezing Wyman’s wrist, preventing her from removing the blade and possibly shattering her wrist if she didn't pull out quickly, which would need incredible strength to pull off. At the same time Sulric used his other free hand and removed the crossbow bolt from his forehead as the wound quickly regenerated.

StaidFoal StaidFoal

Dirk Ault

Dirk looked confused at Katie. Did he want him to go to where the fighting was worse? Clearly this cat didn’t seem like a strategic genius, far from it, but he was in the end powerful and useful. “How about instead of going there, I just remain in the forest and help from a distance.” Dirk said slowly trying to convey the message to Katie.

Before letting Katie say anything, Dirk already began moving back into the forest lying down and looking through his scopes as he picked a location where he could see most of the battle, even inside the city. “I’ll be looking for hostiles, just give me confirmation on when to shoot.” He told Katie as he began creating the sound bullets and had his sights near where Synthia currently was. “I’m spotting multiple possible hostiles, a robot, a possible commander, some kid who’s about to die. Waiting on you command.” Dirk said putting his finger on the trigger.

Damafaud Damafaud

Mentions: Gohan510 Gohan510 YsFanatic YsFanatic

1579662649484.png1579662668234.png1579662695720.png
~The Stars in the Sky~
Combined post of myself and Juju Juju
Csilla had not yet gotten used to this new world. The star that shone the brightest, enough to lighten up everything and keep it warm, was the biggest change. Her eyes had stung a lot when she first got here, but she is now getting much more used to it now. Everything was so bright at night and the eves’ sky was filled with stars. She could remember the first time she laid eyes on the star-filled sky, she can admit that she had sobbed at the sight. She had gotten used to the sight of the void but it was now the one she had longed to be given back.

Right now Csilla found herself running through a city, her hair blown back by the wind, both the strange wind that blew and from her fast speed. Her heart throbbed at the sight of the battlefield she was approaching rapidly. She had at first been on the outer walls helping out citizens as best she could, but now she felt a tug at her heart. Something strong that she couldn’t seem to shake off as hard as she tried. Somewhere she needed to be as if someone like her was in danger. She hadn’t felt this since she fought alongside a member of her kin. Could it be that one of them is here, or is it someone like her. Fate? Were the moons guiding her to where she needed to be? Or was it a connection, a brief one, made in the time of need of someone so similar to her yet completely different?

Csilla skidded to a stop, her breathing even but still ragged. Her gaze was on the battlefield a second before she found what was pulling her. A girl and a creature with a singular horn on top of its head fighting a dragon. The creature filled her heart with the pull, but the girl had the exact same pull as if the two were the same person or connected deeply. They were fighting the dragon valiantly, but it was clear that they might not be enough.

Kotori shielded her face from the blast of liquid heat, crouching down onto her unstable raft of sizzling rock. The hot, dry wind burned against her eyes, but she forced them to keep watch over her friends. Adrift amid the flaming river, she could see Susan, the swordswoman, and Wakinyan all floating in different directions from the dragon. Thinking back to what it had said, this must have been its plan all along. She and Wakinyan fought as one, yet as strong as they were together, they were weak when divided.

Wind howled in her mind, mirrored by the Heavenly beast’s roar of rage. He was a swath of white amid the red, drifting away from her as the dragon grew closer. Kotori could see its fangs, dripping with globs of magma as they parted. Was this the end? The same question had run through her mind when the cool, silent walls had closed in on her and Wakinyan. It was said that every Keeper was destined for a dark fate, a common mantra when an old keeper was slain or sacrificed to Wakinyan. It kept the link alive, Wakinyan alive, but now the fires had gone out. They said that no keeper lasted very long, but now she was the only one. Should she fall, Wakinyan would fade. Kotori drew back on the sky-bound bow, screaming as her eyes glowing white as her skin rippled in agony. She understood why the Keepers led shortened lives, why they withered even in their youth. Everything was on the line, so she would put her everything into this strike. This time she would not hold back. The sky rumbled, but this time it was not just Wakinyan’s will.

Once again Csilla began to run, her heart freezing as she saw the thing swimming towards the girl. She quickened her pace to her max speed, stars forming in both her hands as two kusarigama formed in her hands.

Slamming her heels into the ground to stop herself she threw the blade at the girl as the dragon opened it’s mouth to snap on her. She pulled it back with all her force, the chain snapping in understanding as it wrapped around the girl tightly. She heaved her hard, sending her flying towards her, the girl soaring towards Csilla. The dragon snapping at once was the girl, now air. The girl slammed into her, Csilla letting out an ‘oof’ as she skidded backwards from the impact. Csilla let out her breaths, begging to steady them from her little run, “If you’d allow it, I can be of some assistance.” she offered her a small smile

Kotori let the chains fall from her, stumbling slightly when her magic slipped away like rain. She was still stunned, in total disbelief of what she had just been about to do… and what had just happened.

“The battlefield seems a little… hot, you have any way of cooling it down my friend? If you can find me a water source I can get rid of this magma quick.”

“W-water?” Kotori stumbled, tears of relief pricking at the corners of her eyes. Her jaw set, regaining her composure. “Wakinyan can summon the rains and wind. The storm is at his command”

“That can work, not to mention it’ll be stuck in the magma rock if we time it right,”

“Yes. Perhaps the heat is linked to his power as well…” Kotori glanced down at the dragon and Wakinyan on his floating isle. “We are ready when you are.”

The kusarigama in Csilla’s hands turned to wispy mist, rising as it formed another weapon. A trident that landed in her hand. She spun it in her hand to distribute the force of the fall before landing the blunt on the ground. “Ready, my friend.”

Kotori nodded, feeling the winds shift as Wakinyan roared. A mighty clap of thunder shook the skies as the storm collapsed on itself. Instead of stretching over the battlefield it now rushed towards the dragon. Rain fell in thick sheets, the skies darkening into a false night as the storm was concentrated around the battle.

The rain began to pour on her. She could feel the trident almost moan in pleasure in her hands as it began to become soaked in water. Focusing the strength in her stomach she began to pull, lifting the trident from the ground to do so. The water from the skies began to follow her as she did so, forming a tidal wave. She felt her stomach cramp as she began to move it like a wave towards the dragon. Her arms grew weak, she needed it to go faster or else it would not be fast enough to hit the dragon.

Seeing the struggle, Kotori called the storm to their aid. The winds flew past the two, rushing against the wave to give it even more strength.

Csilla felt the strong winds like a hug from a friend. The wave gained speed, Csilla pushing herself harder now, the thought of helping others pushing herself. The wave reached fast speeds as it slammed into the dragon. The water quickly bursts on contact and spreads over the lava and on top of the dragon. The magma quickly hardened on contact, the submerged beast being caught under the harden rock with it. Csilla felt herself falling, catching herself in a pose of kneeling. She caught her breath, drenched in sweat and water, her gaze focused on the dragon as she waited to see what it would do.

StaidFoal StaidFoal

-OUT-CASTERS HIDEOUT-
Kinji, Yuri, Choji, Yaha, Lia, & Hiyori
Sleeping was peaceful although knowing outside of their sleep was a gigantic warfare that's been going on for decades it seems. Though they didn't care since feeling like they were miss treated by Castellan's king. Not seeing any care or pity in helping the King reclaim his Capital and not even sympathy to the many innocents dying within the area they were located in. The base location was in one of the towns that the summoners passed by not even realizing that there was a hideout. Well... It wasn't their fault the whole building was sealed so that no person nor creature can detect their mana or find the building. It would take some heavy heavy searching to find their hideout. This was the thanks to Choji really he was quite good with all types of magics. Even magics that aren't registered under his sheets he knows a vast amount of spells and continues to soak in more like a sponge to an ocean. They all slept heavy due to the constant training they do in the underground portion of their base. The underground part of the base was where they trained and ate together. Usually often used as a meeting room if not the main room within the building. The building that they made into their base was a old post tower, made of stones that they added their own touch to. There's twin giant doors at the entrance and the floors that were pointers of what level you were on was all destroyed so it was a straight shot to the ceiling. Though they somehow edged out their own rooms on both the second and third floor having privacy and peace amongst the giant home. Kinji the groups leader had the biggest room out of all of them, due to well... being the leader. Even though his room was the biggest it was the most simple out of everyones, only having his bed, table that he writes messages or poems, a dresser, and a destroyed sofa due to Choji sitting on it. Everyone else's room looked more nice and unique to their own personalities. I guess you can say Kinji was a pretty basic guy.

-His head rang again as he grabbed it in pain and visions of the black figure appeared again, yet this time they didn't stop and
Hitori screamed in pain and agony. Synthia watched this play out as her spell finally kicked in. When Hitori made contact with her by punching her she slipped a dark spell on him. It would awaken any negative emotion out of the person, though she could feel the presence of demon within him which made her intrigued. As Hitori fell to his knee's trying to stop the pain Synthia took it upon herself to unsheathe her blade once more slowly walking towards Hitori. Once she stood in front of her she raised he blade and swung it down at his neck to cut his head off yet her blade stopped mid motion. He had grabbed her sword his bare hand, blood dripped down his hand as the blade cut his skin. It was black blood. Hitori's head was down as his face was covered by his hair, though he was laughing. Synthia looked confused trying to take her sword away but the grip was too tight. What was going on she thought, and Hitori kept laughing. His voice losing it's first manly tone to being more echoey and hollow like.

" *Laughing maniacally* Now then. The real show begins huh?" -

The intense demonic aura woke everyone out of their death sleep except for
Jugo due to his none mana sensing abilties. Everyone jumping out of their respected rooms and all shouting out towards each other if they felt the immense power, having everyone in the building agreeing except for Jugo who was sadly still sleep. The shouting awoken the sleeping beast making him storm out of his room shouting at everyone to shut up yet they did not listen and continued to chatter about the intense pressure. Everyone jumping down into the main room they all discussed what should be done and Kinji announced that he will retrieve the demon in hopes of it becoming their ally. Everyone in the room looked at each other in disappointment, yet Kinji did not care for their opinions. He was the leader and he thought making allies was the best for their situation incase they might go into war with Nortestra for still lingering around. Having seddled the decision Kinji announced that himself accompanied with Hiyori will go and retrieve the beast. Jumping back to their rooms Kinji and Hiyori both got dressed and prepared for their mission out of the building.

Kinji Albern
Fixing his clothing before stepping out of his room noticing a blonde haired girl stepping out the same time he did as they both looked each other with disgust in their eyes. The girl stuck her tongue out and pulled her middle finger out pointing it at Kinji which made him do the same in response. Looking down the steep fall to the main room they both jumped from in front of their bedrooms and landed. Looking around Kinji noticed the members of his "group" all were awaiting for their arrival for the longest.

"Why you all starrin at us?"

Jugo
Walking forward to speak to his leader after watching him gracefully land in the main room where they usually met and discussed business amongst each other. Jugo had his arms crossed and looked a little pissed. He wasn't in his usual armor yet he was in his sleeping clothes which was what majority of the group in the room wore except for Kinji and Hiyori.

"What do you mean why are we starring at you!? That insane demonic pressure you and everyone in here with that crappy mana sensing technique screamed out about how there was such a powerful demon near by. Here you are, you and Hiyori about to jet out. We don't need anymore allies we're good with just the seven of us. Cause having another means we gotta go through the struggle of helping contain it and I don't think any of us feel like doing that right now."

Yaha
"I agree with Jugo..."

Yuri
"UNLESS! THE NEW DEMON OFFERS US COOKIES!"

Jugo
"Please shut the hell up you're not helping."

Yaha
"Be nice Jugo...."

Lia
Listening to her comrades discuss about the situation at hand and how they didn't want a new member to join Lia thought otherwise. She thought what Kinji was thinking of would actually be perfect in the long run. Finally something she can "train" against as training with everyone here was repetitive. Choji usually kept his distance while kyting everyone, Jugo was always swinging his blade forgetting it was enchanted with demon slaying, Yaha was too sneaky to keep up with, Yuri was exteremly fast and hit hard, Hiyori was just.. Hiyori, and yet Kinji was her best bet for finding any real need of training. He was the only one out of the group who constantly kept her wanting to keep pushing, everyone else was like training against the same simulations over and over.

Walking over to Kinji she held her book close to her chest with both arms wrapped around it. She starred at the man with her poker face finally releasing a sigh.

"Good luck Kinji... It's dangerous out there all types of powerful enemies. Hopefully you two can come back with no casualties. I doubt you will though, but still please be careful."

"Yeah I noticed, thanks Lia."

Lia nodded taking a few steps back to give the man back his space as she slowly watched Kinji and Hiyori walk to the twin giant metal doors.

Choji
Doing strange hands signs with both hands then holding them out towards the giant twin doors as a magic circle lifted from the door and faded like dust. Closing his hands in fist and bring them to his side while bending his arms the two medal doors slowly opened. Letting a bright light and some dust to flow in everyone in the room covered their eyes from the sight. It was a seal that kept their hideout hidden from Nortestra and even the Mollug troops. Their hideout wasn't too far from Castellan really it was by a small town in a forest not too far from Castellan. One of the same towns Kotori, Hitori, Susan, and Wakinyan came across, yet due to Choji's amazing craft they came undetected. Choji then turned to his leader and the short blonde girl that stood by them and clapped his hands together once and bowed in front of them to soon move out of their way by stepping to the side.

"Sir do be careful out there you see what happened to the village near by! If it wasn't for my magic our place would've been attacked too! If you can do me a favor while your out their sir... Say hello to Sulric if you do cross paths on the battlefield."

Kinji
"Yeah yeah I know. Sure I can do that for ya, I ain't seen em in a minute anyway."

Looking at Hiyori they both nodded to each other and ran outside of the building stopping to look back making sure the door closed behind them and the building once like many times before disappeared from plain sight. It made Kinji laugh a bit how amazing Choji was and thought what they do without him really. Looking back to Hiyori they both nodded to each other once more before flash stepping towards their destination.

As they got closer to the terrible battlefield the cause of war covered the sky what was once blue into a black shader of clouds. Stopping for Hiyori to catch her breath Kinji took his time to collect his breathing to return back to its normal steady pace as well. Looking over to Hiyori was knelt over he chuckled a bit before looking back to the battlefield. It was covered with Mollug troops it was rediculous, the first two walls were breached already by Mollug and anyone could get that point from even far distance. It made Kinji smirk a bit as this was what he wanted for the king, for him to pay.

"You ready yet?"

Looking back to the short girl she stood up straight and nodded towards him, surprisingly she hasn't said anything this whole time since the last time the group mentioned the demon. After that she hasn't oppened her snappy mouth since, it kinda made Kinji appreciate the small window of silence he had because knowing Hiyori it will break real soon. Looking back towards the direction of the crazy amounts of demonic magic that could be easily sensed even from the distance they were at. What exactly was going on with Nortestra? Mollug really brought the heat this time huh? Not wasting anymore time the two continued their flash stepping journey.

Traversing through the crumbled up buildings as they passed through the first and second wall. Kinji finally noticed a storm going on in the distance as they entered the third wall. He didn't understand what was going on since the demonic energy was the only thing he could sense for right now, or at least he focused his sensing on it. Not slowing down they kept forward to the demonic pressence.

As they got closer and closer to the demon its power felt quite heavy, it could be said to be a weight on Kinji's back. It made Kinji worried maybe reconsidering what he was about to get into. Still not slowing down he continued forward through the third wall with Hiyori behind him the whole time.

- Both Hitori's and the demon's voice were coming out of his mouth. It was like a weird moment of seeing someone struggling to regain control over their body. The cause of this battle for control was the inner battle that took place within Hitori's mind and soul between him and BHitori. Though Hitori was on the winning side this time which made the body unresponsive to BHitori's commands. Standing up dropping his blade Hitori was holding his head starting to step back as red and blue mana was sprouting out of his body. It was like he was about to explode from the amount of mana that was being released. Still in pain Hitori's body was slowly losing the markings and his left eye turned back to normal.

(Post Hitori rekindling the flame)
Breathing heavily his arms were dropped while he looked at the floor. The markings were all gone as he stood up straight he could see again and was no longer in his inner world. -

The strange mana source disappeared before they could get to the fourth wall, as if it faded in the musky wind of the battlefield. Kinji looked worried again making Hiyori notice his facial expression. It made Hiyori uncomfortable seeing Kinji like this, but she felt it too. The demon's magical presence was no longer within the battlefield and they lost their chance. Yet there was another that Kinji picked up on. It was Synthia's magic if he could recall, hers was in the same area as the demon so he continued his rush with Hiyori following.

Finally reaching closer to Synthia's magic power he landed on some roofs of buildings that haven't got broken and almost jumped hoping to land on another as he went at a full hault at the edge of the roof noticing that every building from here on was gone.

"Woah..."

Hiyori
After following Kinji for so long she kind of enjoyed the breeze from the battle filled air. Although it had multiple smells it did not bother her, it was better then being cooped up at home. Though her fun breeze was easily cut off with her face planting in Kinji's back almost making them fall off the buildings roof. Stepping back Hiyori rubbed her face as she got frusturated with Kinji.

"THE HELL YOU STOPPING FOR IDIOT!? YOU COULD'VE SERIOUSLY HURT ME YOU KNOW!"

Though she didn't get the response she thought she would. Taking a step to Kinji's side wondering what had him star struck her eyes opened wide and in shock. What was once buildings was now turned to rubble or burning. She never thought she'd see Castellan like this, never in her life did she think such a Capital to fall by any means. Regardless attacked by Mollug or not. Yeah from the first three walls were bad, but this was by the castle that the King would lay rest. Looking up at Kinji who was to her left she grabbed his arm before looking back straight.

"What's going on....?"

"I don't even know myself.. Let's keep going forward though."

"Right behind you idiot..."

And so they continued forward.

Kinji Albern
Finally getting close to the scene his markings started unraveling all throughout his body like swirls, the color of them were yellow. sclera blacken and his irises glowed golden-yellow. He jetted off from Hiyori as his speed was greatly increased. Kinji finally arrived to the battle that took place between a metal man, Synthia, and a Boy that had a black marking on his chest damn near dead on the floor. Flash stepping in front of Charon in nearly a blink he back handed the giant red ball of mana off to another direction far away from Castellan and over the walls. His eyes glarred at Synthia for a moment before flash stepping behind Charon in nearly an instant which would make Charon shocked to see someone move so fast. Picking up the now unconsious Hitori Kinji carried him on his back. Kinji's voice was similar to when Hitori and the demon's voices were merged together, instead it was Kinji and his demons voiced together.

"I'll be taking him if you don't mind. Well it doesn't really matter as you have no choice to hand him over."

If Charon decided to attack Kinji, the moment Charon moved a "muscle" Kinji would flash step away somewhere behind Synthia who was still airborne. Landing on a giant rock that was accompanied with other rubble Kinji sighed for a moment.

"This guy's heavy no lie."

Synthia
Before Synthia knew it Charon had got in the way of her finishing attack on Hitori, the only person she had her eyes on killing. Though Charon did not die nor show weakness from the beam striking him. It was like nothing she's ever seen before he was no human as blood didn't gush out or he didn't scream in pain. It made Synthia confused as she jumped back to gain distance between the three.

What the hell is that?!

Finally the person had spoken yet his voice sounded different then a humans voice which made her think he was some monster summoned by the boy. Makes the most sense to her honestly. Her eye twitched in annoyance with the android's choice of words to her, though it did not make her give a response. Insults like these did not matter to her as she's been given much worse. The only thing she wanted to do was obliterated both of them and so she would flying up at a fast rate going away from them as she can gain some distance, raising her hand up in the air as a red ball of mana formed again.

What is that strange feeling of demons around me? Obviously my own roam Nortestra's streets but these ones feel.... Different.... I must be hallucinating.

As she poured more mana into it grew bigger and bigger, growing about x2 bigger then its original size though it was a very potent attack that could probably level the area they were in as it was already quite destroyed. Before saying a word she got a clear view of the two before she smirked thinking in her head no matter it was all over now.

"DIE!"

Synthia screamed out before releasing the ball of mana from the palm of her hand. And so the ball rushed at the two, Charon and Hitori. Though the ball stopped before reaching the two which made her wonder what happened as in that same moment it was launched somewhere far off away from Castellan and detonated a chunk of the forest by the capital. Noticing who had deflected her attack made her show a shocked expression on her face as she had thought this man was dead, she had gotten news that the whole demon group were to be executed if found in castellan again yet they stood before her. Now it all made sense to her what the feeling from earlier was, it was from Kinji and the blonde girl that stood behind him. She's never seen the girl before, but Kinji she knows for sure as they've had... History.

Kinji... The demon trickster...

Though her concentration on Kinji was soon cut off as he flashed stepped behind the metal man in an instant and grabbed the boy flash stepping once more making her turn behind her to see him there on top of a boulder. Synthia then heard a sword being unsheathed from some distance which made her react and dodge naturally flying to the side which it was Hiyori who had tried to get a cheap slice on Synthia, but wasn't quick enough.

"Who the hell?"

Noticing the marks all across the girls visible body parts it made Synthia's brain click realizing she was similar to Kinji. Though Hiyori's introduction was cut short as she flashed stepped away and appeared on a rock that was shadowed over by the one Kinji was on.

"So that's the great Mollug Mage, "Synthia the Dread" huh?"

"Yep."

"So there's more like you... I should've known I seen those markings before when that boy had them!"

"Yeah.... well I won't be here too long you and that metal man looking tin can thing can continue fighting."

"Yeah we're about to bounce soon lady."

"WHAT!? YOU DON'T THINK I'M GOING TO LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THAT RECHED BOY! THAT DAMN BOY HUMILIATED ME! HE CUT ME! TOSSED ME! AND EVEN COPIED MY MAGIC!"

Synthia prepared another red ball as her hand was straight to the sky. She made the ball x3 bigger this time and tossed it at the three, though Hiyori instantly demonstrated that her enhancing magic was nothing to think lowly about as she attempted to kick the ball. As she struggled to lift it up she got another power boost slowly being able to kick the ball off elsewhere making it detonate some distance away from them. It made Synthia shocked how strong the girl actually was, what the hell do those markings allow these people? Synthia must find out so she can tap into such power. Watching the two disappear from where she last saw them standing she turned back around towards Charon with anger filled within her eyes. Her pray was taken from her so swiftly and it was so strange how powerful they were. Kinji made sense since he was a former commander, yet the girl.. Who was she…? Now Synthia's magic aura sprouted out of her body once again in a rage like manner as she shifted her hands preparing for another spell...
Interactions: YsFanatic YsFanatic
Mentions: Juju Juju Astralworks Astralworks , Everyone Everyone who went by their hideout
Kinji Albern
Landing on a building as they headed towards the third wall now Kinji was on his one knee still carrying Hitori on his back, his markings have faded off his body by now as he looked over to his right and noticed Hiyori landing beside him.

*This song plays as the two go back forth with each other and stops when Kinji gets serious: *

"You've gotten slower, has the meat and bread caught up to you? Getting a little thicker on the belly side?"

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN!?"

She smacked Kinji smooth on the face without hesitation.

"HOW DARE YOU FAT SHAME A WOMAN..."

"You're only 19 to me your still young... A girl prehaps."

"WHAT!?!?!!!! SORRY I'M NOT 100 LIKE YOU!"

"We all know I'm not 100 years old... Come on now, you gotta do better then that! Look at you though seriously you're out of shape slow down on the meals huh?"

"I'll kill you one day watch..."

Kinji was trying to hold back the urge of laughing at Hiyori. This was their normal way of speaking to each other. Always throwing jabs at one another like an unhappy married couple. Kinji though was brought back to seriousness as he notice pours of lava shooting to the sky over the wall.

"I gotta fufill Choji's request so hold on."

"We DO NOT HAVE TIME TO SAY HELLO! ARE YOU CRAZY?! WE GOTTA GET OUT HERE BEFORE NORTESTRA SOLDIERS NOTICE US! I DON'T FEEL LIKE KILLING INNOCENT MEN JUST FOR YOUR LITTLE GET TOGETHER!"

"Oh shut up it'll only be for a minute, or two.."

"OR TWO!?!?!?!?!?!?! YOU DUMBASS THE BOY IS WEAK AND UNCONSCIOUS AND YOU WANT TO PROLONG HIM FROM BEING HEALED TO GO SAY HI TO A LOUSY GEEZER?!"

"Maybe...."

"God I hate you... Fine let's hurry up and get it over with so we can get the hell out of here."

Sensing Sulric's mana Kinji flashed stepped on with Hiyori trailing behind him.
Mentions: Solirus Solirus
Karasu
As the crow finally found Wyman's whereabouts thanks to the help of the gigantic beast Hodir was alongside the weird horse with the one horn. Flying around the area Karasu attempted to gain Wyman's attention hoping to not distract her on her battle. As well as try and dodge the eruption and soon the gust of winds that comboed with a wave to attempt and trap Hodir within his own molten bath that turned solid.
Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal
Hakai
Listening to Rojy explain what his ability does he also noticed that Rojy prompted that Hakai share what he can do once the man had finished speaking. Listening closely he didn't understand exactly what Rojy meant until he remembered when they first encountered and Rojy seemed like he was a ghost. It made Hakai wonder of the possibilties that Rojy can do if he reached his max potential. Taking mental note of everything Rojy was telling Hakai, he sat and listened. Once the man was done explaining his strange power Hakai wanted know more, Rojy was dodging what Hakai feasted on knowing.

"Where did that killer instinct kick in? Once you answer then I will speak."

Once Rojy answered the question it will make Hakai sit back in his chair in a more relaxed manner looking up at the ceiling. Hakai chuckled to himself for a bity resting his has that was beneath his armor ontop of his plated stomach. Looking back over to Rojy a evil smile cracked upon Hakai's face under his helmet which Rojy could not see.

"I can choke people at will with using this special "spell" you can presume. No matter the person if I touch them once I am able to cast the spell on them and force choke them. The only way out would be to say... Dying. I have not seen anyone release themselves from my grip, since my grip is rather tight..."

Finally Hakai stopped speaking as Gustas made it back in the room with two plates that had a good smell to them.

"Well boys enjoy! Rallor meat coated in homemade sauce with bread and veggies!"

Placing both plates in front of both Rojy and Hakai, he stepped out of the room to give them their space.

"Come out and get me when your ready to go."
Solirus Solirus

Last edited:
-Lissandra Hellcat-
It had started raining over Castellan strangely enough. Lissandra was in the midst of routing a unit of Mollug Elvish light infantry on the way to the other Nortestran general Sulric when light raindrops began to fall all around her; The third strange occurrence involving the sky that day. Hours earlier, in the morning time, a beam of harsh light had speared through the stratosphere with blinding speed, originating on the outskirts of Castellan. The energy blast had blown all the clouds and smoke covering the city and its skies for miles in circumference clearing the overcast day of all coverage. Reduced to a sunny day, the fires in the city had burned all the higher in reverence for the bright sunshine. The rain was not the first thing to fall out of the sky, however, as a flaming rock of some sort came barreling out of the sky shortly beforehand. Then almost as quickly as the clouds had departed, they returned, bringing with them slowly intensifying rainfall. Mollug forces had been seen converging on the old general’s location and reports had led Lissandra to believe Sulric had engaged in a duel with the Mollug general Wyman and her pet dragon Hodir. The reports were extremely anxiety-inducing to the Nortestran defense general as there were few others left to defend the capital, she already had her work cut out for her, she didn't need a third of her defensive power dying in a battle that didn't need to happen.

Lissandra was followed by around 50 battle-hardened Nortestran knights as she rushed through the burning streets of the capital city. Lightning, fire and the sounds of tremendous beasts could be heard, coming closer and closer. Many bodies littered the streets on the way to the old general’s position and Lissandra blanched as she noticed many of the bodies were already in various states of decay. Most of the corpses were Mollug but this was just due to the abundance of infantry the dark kingdom held in reserve. They were unconcerned with losses, many hundreds and thousands of soldiers still waiting eagerly outside the walls for their chances at combat. Lissandra was all too aware of this and groaned as Sulric and the situation came into view; Wyman and Hodir were enraged and giving it their all to destroy the general. There were five others as well, two young women glowing with purple energy, a third wielding a blue energy-infused bow and a strange woman glimmering with what almost looked like… starlight??? The fifth figure wasn't humanoid and was nearly as large as the lava covered dragon it seemed to be facing off against; It was a scaled unicorn stag far larger than any normal horse and wrapped in glowing electrical energy. Her men began to fan out around the battlefield, assisting injured and fighting the other Mollug warriors in the area. Most of Lissandra’s warriors were powerful mages as well as swordsmen, handy with blue fire magic and sharpened black broadswords. They began to aim sporadic fire at the Mollug commanders, hesitant to draw the full ire of the enraged beasts.

Juju Juju Solirus Solirus StaidFoal StaidFoal seasonedcat seasonedcat Astralworks Astralworks

-Forsith-
Forsith entered the battlefield of Charon and Hitori at approximately the same time as Lissandra with the Sulric and Wyman duel. Lissandra had to deal with a lava dragon and a lightning stag whereas Forsith and his warriors found themselves at odds with a demonic Mollug commander and her energy beams of death. While Forsith navigated the crumbling brick roads and stone alleyways of the burning capital city, he found himself drawn to a massive, explosive battle taking place between a strange demonic-looking youth and a metal man with a fighting technique Forsith had never seen before. The giant rushed into the battlefield smashing a golem apart with his golden broadswords, one hack and slash at a time, chopping the limbs to the floor with resounding cracks and thuds. Finished with the golem of Synthia, the giant began to carve through the Mollug mages and infantry that had been cowering on the side of the battlefield in wake of Charon, Hitori and Synthia’s rage. He was fully taking advantage of the carnage the demon woman was causing with glee, routing and smashing Mollug infantry as if they were bowling pins, knocking them down, one slice at a time. His mages, taking cover in the demolished buildings surrounding the dueling summoned and the Mollug commander, began to open fire with an eclectic mix of elemental spells.

Explosions ripped across the sky as the mages and warriors brought everything they could bear down on the Mollug invaders. Echoing like sonic booms and appearing like flak cannon blasts, the explosions of the mages were everywhere around Synthia. Their power wasn't that much compared to the demon sorceress, but considering the numbers Forsith had brought, their power was considerable. The Mollug infantry was not fully retreating, but any signs of advance that had been visible earlier were gone, lost in the chaotic slog of combat that ravaged the ruined streets of Castellan. Forsith’s chosen commanders lead kill squads through the empty husks of buildings, rooting out Mollug spellcasters and rogues, hidden in ambush and last resort. Screams accompanied the explosive crescendo unfolding around them all, like a soothing vocal piece on an instrumental track once free of voiced trappings. Forsith brought his blade down on the shoulder of a Mollug barbarian, splitting the man from collar to bottom ribs with ease, blood exploding like a fountain of crimson paint, spattering and decorating its surroundings with gruesome randomness.

Gohan510 Gohan510 YsFanatic YsFanatic

Last edited:

• Katie Moon
    Castellan Outskirt, Nortestra

black-cat-jpg.662968

Hiding; Supporting
    Interaction
    : Dirk
    Mention
    : StaidFoal StaidFoal Solirus Solirus
    Around: -​

Tobias managed to bring the slime away from the 4th wall. That was good. He couldn't get paid if the wall got destroyed. As Katie started moving again, Dirk's words made him pause. True. What could he do there anyway? A dragon roar resonated across all of the Sun Fortress. It decided Katie's choice.

Yup. Hiding was good. He was the mastermind! A good mastermind controlled everything from safety, hidden from view.

I'm really good at picking subordinates, thought Katie contently as he followed Dirk out of the city and into the forest. Instead, he directed the Sun Fortress Piece One to Eleven toward the 4th wall.

There was nothing special with Katie's eyesight. At least, his sight wasn't sharp enough to see any fightings in Castellan from the forest. What he was good at, however, was spatial magic. With the Sun Fortress already acting as remote formation nodes, it was not difficult for him to create a pseudo astral eye that could be controlled like a drone.

Of course, a normal mage would have simply used Astral Sight spell while someone with the technology could have just used drones to do the same task.

The establishment of Pseudo Astral Sight Formation took a while, but it took even longer for Katie to find the battle Dirk was looking at. There's the robot... a dragon... the kid... so the possible commander is the woman. But a commander of which army?

"Anyone fighting the girl is an enemy. Anyone fighting the commander is an ally. For now," Katie narrowed his eyes. "shoot one of the Summoned."

Unlike normal soldiers, Summoned didn't wear standard-issue uniforms. Lucky for Katie, he had the girl as a reference point. It was the same girl that had a unicorn a week ago. Now, girls with unicorns were either strong, independent woman knights or pure, innocent maidens. Whatever type this girl was, she wouldn't stand the death of innocents. Thus, she would side with Nortestra, making whoever she fought the enemy.

He loved innocent maidens! They always made things easier.

"I will free up annoying interference in a while. We will probably be found after."

Katie fell silent. His pupils morphed into a star.

"Now!" shouted Katie.

A straight path opened between Dirk and Synthia.

Dirk Ault

Dirk loaded in a normal sound bullet which would deal nasty damage but not cause much of an explosion. As he loaded the bullet into the rifle, he already began taking aim on Synthia as Katies sun fortress was creating an incredibly easy path to follow.

Dirk waited for Katie to give out the signal, and as he began saying the word, NOW, Dirk pulled the trigger and fired the bullet. The bullet was aimed at Synthia’s head, if she dodged it, the bullet would still explode damaging her and her eardrums in the process due to her proximity. If the bullet managed to successfully hit her head, she would be left without one.

Damafaud Damafaud Gohan510 Gohan510

Last edited:
Rojy Erac

Rojy hoped that Hakai would’ve simply answered directly with his power, but instead he noticed Rojy wasn’t saying everything. Rojy sighed, “To put it simple, There is 3 of me, or 4 whenever most of us share common thoughts. Simple enough no?” Rojy said trying to not say much else, it was really annoying in fact to even think of who he was. Each side hated each other, expressing it in their own separate ways, whether it be Insults, Belittlement, or Rejection.

Thankfully it seemed to be enough as Hakai began mentioning his power… Or atleast a portion of it, Rojy knew that everyone who had been summoned was considerably strong, but someone with a simple choke ability wouldn’t be enough. Though Rojy decided not to mention it as he would most likely find out later.

However the food arrived and Rojy looked at it. It smelled amazing and looked delicious even though Rojy didn’t need to eat, the simple feeling of tasting and eating was still pleasurable for him.

Rojy grabbed the fork and knife and began eating. The taste was just as good as the looks and smells. Rojy looked at Gustave while still eating “This is really good… thank you.” Rojy said in a somewhat timid voice.

Rojy finished with his plate cleared his throat and moved the plate back. “Anyway, shall we get going now?”

Gohan510 Gohan510

Charon could only glare up in annoyance as Synthia flew into the sky to prepare her next attack. He couldn't do anything to her at that range other than throw rocks, nor did he think he could get the boy out of the estimated blast radius in time. The only thing the android could think of that might keep Hitori alive was to use some of his last soul energy to reinforce his defenses and act as a wall. Maybe it would work, maybe not, but at the very least he figured the odds would be good he could pretend to be dead afterwards and the fleshy mage would leave.

But it turned out that he didn't need to worry about it as another person suddenly appeared and deflected the spell. The man's rapid movement reminded Charon of the Wind Dash spell the swordswoman Sarah used back on Ravenloft and of the other woman who would chain-teleport around battlefields. While his processing speed allowed him to mentally keep up with the movements, the android knew that physically he couldn't match that speed and thus didn't bother trying. Instead he adopted a wait and see approach... only to be incredibly dissapointed with the two newcomers just ran away, though at least they took the boy with them. This did open up the possibility of just fleeing the area to get help, but first he had to do something about the new spell Synthia was setting up for.

With a cackle Charon opted for one of his favorite forms of distraction, by emitting a noise at maximum volume that might be considered by some to be the shrieks of the damned. But to anyone familiar with Earth computers in the late 20th century would know it to be something far worse, the obnoxious noise of a dial-up modem. With luck this would cause Synthia to reflexively cover up her ears long enough for him to make a run for it...only to cut the noise short when he detected numerous other people entering the area and attacking the Mollugs in the area. "Fleshy reinforcements!" he shouted with both fists raised into the air triumphantly. "Get her on the ground and I'll squish her!"

-------
Gohan510 Gohan510 Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Wyman and Hodir

Hodir certainly hadn't expected the newcomer to take Kotori right from his grasp, nor the sudden increase in power of the storm, sending waves over him that buried the dragon under his own magma and drying it, trapping him underneath layers of magma rock. His entire attack; countered. Just who were these people? Why were these certain individuals invoking such a stinging reaction out of him? Hodir did not know, for all he wanted in that moment was to return the favor... but he couldn't. The dragon wasn't stupid by any means. He knew a tough opponent when he met them, and these people filled the margin. His best bet was to regroup with Wyman and... What was that faint groan? It was... painful. The power in that tone, it couldn't have been. But who else could it have been?

From the outside, the area of cooled magma that buried Hodir was highlighted with an orange glow through the cracks. What sounded like an explosion rocked the ears of those around, rubble of the stone flying everywhere. Hodir was no longer in his lava form, and the way he stood showed that the exhaustion of the fight was getting to him. Now, dozens of Nortestran scum surrounded the battle. Hodir scanned over his foes, but they weren't of concern to him. What did catch his eyes and widen them was Wyman and the old man, Sulric, encased in a barrier bubble. It appeared as if she won, holding her sword deep into his side, but Sulric never fell. Hodir could sense the pain of her wrist, slowly crunched by the Nortestran general.

Hodir snarled, smoke leaking from his nostrils. Then, he homed in on their duel and stampeded at speeds unexpected of a dragon. Through the harsh storm and winds, he swatted away the Nortestran soldiers who dared stood in his way with immense ease. When reaching the bubble, he brought his claw down on it, hard. Not even a scratch. Hodir repeated his attacks, adding more force each time, roaring in frustration. He even tried to bite through the barrier, but it never yielded.

Wyman at least felt a little comfort at seeing her companion do his best to assist, but she knew it wouldn't penetrate through. The sound couldn't penetrate the barrier, so with her one free hand, Wyman signed to Hodir to hold off for just a little longer. She then used that hand to reach into her belt and pull out a small dagger. What made this one special was that it was covered in uameri venom. One scratch would inflict paralysis and respiratory failure within minutes. It was a dirty weapon, but this situation called for the rest of her arsenal. The Mollug general went for a stab near his chest, though quickly pulling away as if to avoid the same fate that befell her right arm.

Hodir, understanding her orders, reluctantly stopped. His roars and hastened movements came to a stop. He turned to face Kotori and her friends once more. To one side was Susan and the swordswoman that destroyed his scales with ease. To the other were the two mages and unicorn that controlled the weather to unfathomable limits. Still, he would never disobey Wyman's command; not until her last breath.

Hodir let out a bellowing roar into the air, booming across all of Castellan. Fire coursed through his body, showing in his eyes and mouth. He shot three fireballs, one at the swordswoman, one at Kotori, and one at Wakinyan. Then he would run after the giant unicorn, one of his life's great nuisances, flames flying out at and powerful claws at the ready in case of a charge.

Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Solirus Solirus Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Athena Vetrova

From the highest building in the cities behind the fourth wall was Princess Athena Vetrova. Accompanied by her three identical, towering guards, she watched past the wall with her telescope. These newcomers were not accounted for, but their assistance would by all means work for the better. Some girls and a giant unicorn appeared to be winning against the infamous general Wyman and her pet dragon! Their mage general, Synthia, appeared to be struggling against two individuals, sparing the three magic knights and allowing their escape. She didn't watch what happened after, or else she'd have to ask about the people that took Hitori. Some of these people were admittedly strange. One was a floating man in a bizarre piece of armor, leaving only his feet and head exposed. He carried a blue gelatinous thing around like a pet. Then there was Weirdly Armored Floating Man 2, holding what she assumed was a staff sideways and... a cat?

Athena had enough of watching, retreating down the building with her guards turning to follow in sync. Whether they won this battle or not did not matter; Castellan would fall due to economic collapse or some other political reason, that much she knew. She hoped that the newcomers weren't expecting a grand reward, for they were too broke for such things. War was expensively messy, and the common folk were too sheltered to know what it was like to have to deal with these things everyday. Especially since her foolish father was gravely injured! What was he thinking, leaving her to deal with it all herself? On the plus side, this allowed Athena to enact her plan, ensuring the survival of Castellan and Nortestra. The money issue would be resolved in time, but as of now she had to do something to welcome the reinforcements.

"Your Highness! What are you doing out near the fourth wall? If it falls, you'll be caught in the fighting!" Athena shot a glare at the knight, and her three personal guards all looking down at him in unison was enough to make him reluctantly accept her presence. She asked him, "Has the Mollugs' little plan been put to ruin?"

The knight lit up with pride. "Yes, our men secretly sabotaged the catapults they planned on using to besiege the fourth wall. As you commanded, we used the charm to detect the link between the barriers around the weapons to their casters. The wall is still in capable form, thanks to your strategy, no doubt!" Athena nodded expectantly, and the knight stood in order once again. "In other news, some reinforcements have appeared. I will say, they're rather--"

"Eccentric? Yes, but thanks to them I'm certain our morale has been driven up. They appear skilled in combat, whoever they may be. They should prove valuable allies." The knight couldn't read her thoughts. She'd spoken entirely in a monotonous voice and with a poker face, as if nothing truly bothered her. "But even before their arrival, I knew exactly how this war will end."

The knight stammered in his words a bit before finally asking, "How does it end?"

She and her guards walked past him, one of her men even shoving him out of their way. "The only way it can end: with our victory."

Sulric Trynd

Sulric was able to shatter Wyman’s wrist, but she didn’t scream and she didn't flinch from the pain. He saw as Wyman moved her other hand to signal to her dragon to stop attacking the dome as it was a lost cause to try and break it. Sulric was even more saddened by this, seeing Wyman’s dragon attacking his Dome to try and save her. This battle would sadden Sulric even more for having to kill such an outstanding individual in the wrong side.

He saw as Wyman quickly pulled out a knife and pointed it a Sulric chest. With a quick reaction Sulric blocked the strike with his hand as the knife punctured his hand. In that same moment Sulric let go of Wymans wrist and punched her in the gut sending her flying to the other side of the dome.

Though as he sent out the punch, Sulric had gotten the knife stuck into his hand and soon he began feeling the effect of the poison coursing through his arm. Without hesitation, Sulric grabbed his sword with one hand, cutting off the infected one with a single slash.

Sulrics arm fell to the ground with the knife still attached to it. Yet Sulric didn’t flinch as the bleeding from his arm stopped and his severed arm began to regrow until it was brand new.

Sulric once again Planted his sword down into the ground and looked at Wyman again. “I’m… dearly sorry.” he said again with his eyes getting teared up and taking another deep breath.

StaidFoal StaidFoal

Kotori & Wakinyan

Kotori caught Scilla as she fell down, helping her into a kneel. The tidal wave was an impressive attack, one that no doubt had drained a lot of the woman's energy. Kotori just hoped their combined strength had been enough. She glanced across the battlefield, where the dragon struggled in his cage of hardened magma. It was not long before the stone cracked and in a spray of rubble and fire, the dragon burst out. Much to Kotori's surprise, instead of following up with an attack the dragon rushed to the commander. Its eyes still burned, but the lava that had once clung to its form had dulled.

"It is weakened." Kotori breathed, voicing her observations. She should feel joy at the battle's success yet in her heart she only felt a hollowness. This dragon was not the enemy, nor was its rider. Did she dare to hope it could still be spared? Part of her would always believe it, even when the dragon shot a ball of flame at her. Gritting her teeth in the effort, Kotori grabbed onto Csilla's arm and pulled her out of the flame's path. They fell down from their perch on the crumbled walls, landing roughly, but at least they were not piles of scorched bones.

The storm began to fall away, streaks of sunlight cutting through the clouds like sword blades. Scilla's wave attack had used up the rain, which by now was no more than a misty drizzle that faded by the second. It gathered on the hardened lumps of lava, steaming up from where the dragon's rage still held sway. Even the winds were growing tame by the time Hodir began to fruitlessly bite on Sulric's barrier.

Wakinyan watched the creature's struggle, his eyes distant and his stance serene. His hooves fell lightly upon the jagged outcropping of rocks as he picked his way onto the lava field, now a messy swath of rock. He stopped there, quietly waiting like the breathless air just before the lightning strike. The Heavenly Beast knew all too well what the dragon known as Hodir was experiencing. So many keepers had been lost, many of them killed by his own horn. Their names were lost to time, yet he remembered them all. Getting attached to them was something he actively resisted, yet some he could not help but find himself fond of. They shined so brightly, making it all the more painful when they burned out.

The dragon finally turned around, roaring out all its rage at Wakinyan who returned the favour with a roar of his own. The last of the storm's wrath struck down upon the pale beast, bathing him in a static glow. His mane stood on end, crackling with energy as he scraped a hoof onto the ground. Pebbles rattled around him, stirred by each stomp of the charging dragon. It was time for a charge of his own.

Wakinyan reared up, his front hooves pawing at the air. He sprang forward in a leap and lowered his head, charging directly towards the oncoming dragon. Lightning gathered around him, turning him into a blinding mass of heavenfire. He knew he would be grabbed, or struck, but all he needed was to get close enough to unleash a torrent of lightning on Hodir. The damage done to the dragon would be limited since it was a pure being, but his goal was not to kill it. Instead, he planned to keep it in place until it either gave in, or the others killed it.

Synthia
Being absolutely Sonic boomed her ears rang of the annoying sound as her spell faded making her cover her ears in pain from the loud abnoxious sound. What the hell was this guy doing that was making this loud sound?! It did not matter Synthia had to rid of this man as he became rather a nuisance. Once Charon had stopped her ears still rang which made her still cover them although the sound stopping, she noticed that more Nortestra troops arrived to the scene "Of course". This time accompanied with the giant other known as Forsith. Jesus they just all had to be attracted to ONE woman. Like she knew she was powerful, but got damn she was attracting a lot of attention. Though it was that damn boy that left the scene along with Kinji and the girl that had helped on the attraction being on Synthia, honestly her mission could've been a lot more smoother if it wasn't for that nuisance. She didn't really care too much of everyone else that appeared it was the boy she wanted dearly.

The literal fact he made her seem like a push over irked her so badly she wanted Hitori to hang over her room she can be reminded how dreadful he was. Though besides the psychotic thought process she was then shot in the leg by a random object, it pierced her skin smoothly making her wince in pain although she was still covering her ears thinking Charon was still making the loud noise since her ears were still ringing. Wincing at the sudden pain she bit the bottom of her lip.

What the actual hell...

Her mind raced trying to figure out where the direction the attack came from. Looking down at her leg she noticed blood was starting to drip casually which made her worried, until... The whole area was covered in multiple giant purple magic circles which can be noticed from those within the forest as there was a magic circle there too. Though not knowing anyone would come from the forest she placed that spell there perhaps to catch nortestra off guard yet the forest spell was actually now had a new purpose. As the elder dragon's roar echoed through the battlefield it brought Synthia to her senses of realizing that the sound had ended. Thanks to Hodir she was able to stick her fingers within her thigh and grab the small metal object that pierced her leg. Analyzing it slowly her leg went numb slowly losing its feeling making her worried. Looking around at the magic circles all over the area it made her smirk, her own reinforcements shall come now!

After the elder dragon's roar ended another roar echoed through the whole battlefield, yet not by one beast but multiple. As the magic circles shined bright small particles floated in the air as the roarings got louder and louder. Soon after some time demons starting emerging from the magic circles all shapes and sizes, some flying, some on land, and some beneath the dirt. Though what made the ground shake around everyone was what Synthia was waiting for. Seeing now that everyone who was around her felt the ground shake beneath them showing shocked and panicking reactions made her laugh in excitement. From four out of the five giant magic circles that was surrounded around the area (there are smaller magic circles that are releasing demons as well. Even from walls that she had already passed demons are starting to flow out. Though taking a heavy strain on her earlier when she placed these spells before she even engaged with the magic knights she had some time to rest yet not fully get back to her full power. Even know she started to pant slowly trying to regain her breath. Just trying to maintain the summoning process drew a lot of mana and physical strain out of her, but she needed this! NO! Mollug needed this! Three gigantic demons that go by the name of "Behemoth" emerged from three of the giant magic circles making their presence known with mighty roars. The last of the four emerged within the forest making the trees fall over and the ground shake from its enormous size. Synthia's demon form was reverted back to her normal as she slowly dropped to the ground landing on her still working leg she fell forward trying to maintain herself.

"Although I prepared the spells the summoning process... Still takes a heavy toll..."

The fifth circle which was under her turned into a black portal under her and slowly swallowed her. Before she was completely submerged within the portal she made sure to take a good glare at Charon. This was not the end of Synthia yet she is going to recover and return when she gets her leg and mana back.

The enormous beast roared as its fellow lesser demons roamed the city in a frenzy even attacking Forsith's troops and whoever it was that was in the forest. Some demons could even be seen headed towards the castle that the king hid within yet the knights guarding it were holding them back. This was the largest summon Synthia had ever casted and surprisingly timing was on her side... This time....
Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Solirus Solirus YsFanatic YsFanatic
Mentions: Hodir
Kinji Albern
Getting closer to Sulric Kinji stopped from the sound of roaring off in the same distance Sulric was at. Hearing this made his skin jump a bit and looking back to see how Hiyori felt about the situation. He grew a smirk on his face about to open his mouth.

"I don't got time for your shit right now Kinji lets get the hell outta here! This war is getting crazy! Unless you can go and I take the boy with me!"

"Nah nah I will go with you, lead the way. If I lead we're going to end up where that roar came from hehe..."

"Okay keep up then!"

And so they flashed stepped on through the many buildings and destruction watching as soldiers of opposite sides were killing one another. Kinji will have to make it up to Choji later on, he'll for sure keep a promise especially for Choji. Kinji pondered on what was going on with Sulric, but knew his only objective is to continue on and deliver the demon back to HQ. Following behind Hiyori Kinji they came to a stop once more hearing more roaring this time from the direction they just came from. What the hell was going on? There were titans all over the place in Castellan and it kind made Kinji want to join in on the fun. His distraction was ended when he got smacked right on his cheek.

"COME ON IDIOT!"

"Oh right! Sorry HAHAHAA!!"

Watching Hiyori flash step off Kinji took a look back towards the direction of the major roaring and wondered what Synthia had done to cause such a mighty war cry, or was it from Nortestra to come and counter the dragon that could be seen towering over the buildings from the distance rushing towards a what to be seen a gigantic Unicorn. Ah one of the only times Kinji will be able to see this and yet he is being ordered around by someone who is younger then him. Turning back towards the direction Hiyori went off he followed flash stepping behind her. They didn't bother to help Nortestra's troops fend off Mollug's instead they watch Nortestra troops fall and perish. Kinji did not care if this brought him closer to hell, hell seemed pretty close to him already sadly.

Hakai
Nodding of the Rojy explaining that there were three and possibly four of him which made sense now how in different occasions Rojy spoke in different tones. It clicked in Hakai in his head that made the most sense that he had three souls dwelling within his body. Watching the man step into the room with the food placing it in front of Hakai he glared at the food and picked up a fork taking small pieces of the meat and slipping the form through the open spaces of his helmet taking mighty small chews. Hakai was not fond of taking his helmet in front of others and he wouldn't do it no matter how many times Rojy would feel like asking. Finishing his food a little later after Rojy he stood up surprisingly feeling energized and not sluggish from the feast. Walking towards Gustas Hakai starred at the man before walking out the room.

"Well I guess that's our que.. He doesn't like talking or something?"

Gustas asked Rojy confused on why Hakai was so difficult to communicate with. Waiting for Rojy to follow after Hakai Gustas would leave the room last locking it behind him and walked behind the two leading them towards the back of the building which Hakai was prompted to open the door. The door led them to where the horses were being kept as they minded their own business making horse noises. Hakai took the two steps down and walked towards the "pen" that kept the horses. Walking towards the one that stayed in the corner the horse jumped up on its two "feet" screaming out as if it was afraid of Hakai. The other horses ran to the other side trying to stay away from Hakai. Gustas came in with Hakai slowly calming the horse down so it wouldn't make the same mistake as the guy made inside the bar. The horse was finally calmed down now allowing Hakai to hop on its back. Thanks to Gustas's smooth control over the beasts he then prompted Rojy to choose his own ride as Gustas hopped on the back of a white worse that had black dots all over it.

"Sorry about that the horses aren't used to such a powerful evil force approaching them. Animals can usually sense when something bad is coming.. Ha... ha... ha..... By the way what is your names?"

"Black Terror."

"That's a long one... Sure! I'll just call you black! Cool?"

Hakai didn't respond which made Gustas feel the awkward moment again making him look towards Rojy hoping that he would tell his name as well.

Solirus Solirus
Yuri
"Wooooahhh!! I want to join the war now! There's all types of powerful demons that been summoned! Can you guys feel that too!? CAN YOU!?"
Choji
"Of course we can feel it... It only makes me more worried about Hiyori and Kinji you know? They're in the middle of all that and still haven't returned yet. Hopefully they also didn't have problems retrieving the demon.. Ah... So many worries..."
Yaha
"I'm sure the master is-"
Jugo
"No way in hell Kinji is struggling with anything out there. He wasn't noticed enough by the kingdom to become a commander for no reason now! Also we declared him our leader for a reason now remember? It's kind of silly to be worried, also however annoying Hiyori is to me she's still very strong herself. Doubts should be the last thing on your mind when they're together. Truthfully."
Lia
"Jugo's right for once... You shouldn't stress too much they'll be back in no time. For now we should rest, I'm sure when they do arrive its go time for us. Meaning containing whatever monstrosity they've brought back."
Yuri
"Do you think the demon really really really really is that strong?"

"If we felt its presence from all the way here past our seals then yes I would assume it's pretty damn strong."

"Then how is Kiki and Hiyori bringing it back?"

"Obvio- wait... That's a good question..."

"Oh my... Now I'm worrying again!"

"Oh come on now you wuss they obviously knocked it out or something! Hiyori can hit extremely hard in long lasting fights."

"Yes, but we haven't felt the demons presence since they left."

"So why are you worrying? Are you guys serious? If you can't sense it anymore doesn't that mean its taken cared of? Come on now how does the only guy with no mana sensing abilities think more rational then the rest of you."

"But how is Kiki bringing it?"

"I DON'T KNOW YURI WHY DON'T YOU ASK HIM!?"

"Jugo..."

"Shutup!"

"..."

"Too far."

"Indeed."

"Yeah Jugo why are you so maaaaaaaaaad? Yuri can play with you! Wanna play!?"

"I'm mad because you guys are so willing to let some stranger demon waltz its way in here. You know not all demons have human forms right? They can be extremely big and dangerous too! And from what I keep hearing you guys say you felt it from here and its all the way in Castellan. Meaning it should be of respected size. No I don't want to play Yuri... Not right now. I want to see this demon you idiots been freaking out over."

"Because our leader assumes its the right choice, stop having so much doubts for Kinji or just leave the group since you're so declining."

"...."

"Maybe.. We'll just have to see."

• Katie Moon
    Castellan Outskirt, Nortestra

black-cat-jpg.662968

MC
    Interaction
    : Dirk
    Mention
    : Solirus Solirus
    Around: -​
    The attack didn't kill anyone. These commanders were at least good at escaping. If only it was night.

Then it came.

His muscles tensed. A spatial distortion just occurred not far from him. It took Katie seconds to realise what caused it. On the ground was a pattern familiar yet unfamiliar; a magic formation. It took him only a split of a second after to realise its purpose.

"A summoning circle from behind! Jump out of the way! From the mana circulation rate, it's a physically strong one."

Katie hated how he was practically useless during the day. The artefact he stole from a Light Spirit helped a bit, but he was nowhere as strong as he was at night. Maybe he should delve more into psychic power or develop new kinematic spells.

Forget it. It will take weeks to formulate a new spell. I should increase my mastery over Sun Fortress for now- hm?

Some demons were heading for the castle. Protecting the king meant fame and riches! It was also the closest way to be known by the royal family. Well, the demons were weak, but it didn't really matter. What mattered was being seen protecting the castle.

"Dirk, Dirk. Some demons sneaked through the 5th wall and are at the castle. How about flying there to protect the royal family after this? Oh, and take a look at the treasury while we are at it."

Katie's pupil morphed into a diamond. The Flying Formation on Dirk's back let out a faint glow as it activated. Some demons were heading their way as well, but small fries could be no threat for a mastermind and his direct subordinate.

In another part of his mind, Sun Fortress Pieces were fighting without a halt. They were a part of his plan to settle a good impression on Nortestra.

Last edited:
-IVAN FEDERICO-
Wandering among the ruins of Castellan, Ivan found himself enjoying the ravaged capital city. It was truly a beautiful citadel and Ivan marveled at the ancient and elaborate architecture all around him. In truth, he would have enjoyed himself far more had most of the architecture been in decent condition. Ivan was satisfied however and had found himself staring dead-eyed and mouth agape at a beautiful though admittedly damaged cathedral within the second layer of walls. Castellan was a beautiful place indeed, if it hadn't been on fire Ivan might have considered settling down in the capital city. Even the horrifyingly disgusting stew Hecate had made for Ivan couldn't bring him down; He did throw up several times at it, however. It was a relief the little sister figure had found her way to Ivan but he was aggravated that she hadn't said anything to him at all about where she was going or anything. He’d need to discuss having more open communication in general with the demon-girl, hopefully, then he could communicate that he would never even touch Hecate’s cooking if it involved anything even close to meat.

Ivan had found in his life that more often than not, stew brewed in the open stomach wound of a dead man was not something you wanted to eat. He politely declined the soup claiming the rumbling in his stomach was from stress and promptly vomited all over the cobblestone steps of the cathedral he had been admiring moments before. Wiping his mouth Ivan made sure not to look directly at the soup, before responding with dead-looking eyes, “Hecate, if someone doesn't want to eat, they shouldn't be punished for it. I know there are other summoned in the world that might disagree, but ones will shouldn't be forced on another.” Ivan then turned and walked around the edge of the damaged cathedral, admiring the towering spires it bore so proudly; This allowed Ivan to see that right behind the cathedral, some distance away, more cathedral-like spires jutted up into the sky, behind another of the walls Castellan seemed so fond of. Ivan decided that this next cathedral would be his next destination and promptly waved for Hecate to follow before jogging over to the towering wall. Ivan unshouldered his gun some distance away and with some quick calibrations, he leveled his gun at the wall and fired. The beam that shot forth was impossibly large and made more than a man-sized hole in the wall all the way through to the other side. Ivan began to jog, whistling all the while as he made his way to the next cathedral, hoping for more beautiful architecture.

In regards to Ivan’s architectural expectations, the gunslinger was not disappointed with the sight he found upon reaching his destination. This second cathedral was bigger and more beautiful than the last by a considerable margin. Ivan smiled with undisguised glee at the fantasy architecture; His old world hadn't been big on pretty buildings, the world’s architects had reached the blocky, sleek and grey looking modern apartment stage of design and had decided to stop there, leaving Ivan’s world covered in skyscrapers and ugly box-shaped buildings. Seeing the rustic, fantasy looking buildings of Castellan was an enjoyable sight to the gunslinger. Ivan and Hecate were not alone with the cathedral however as the religious building was host to a force of well equipped Nortestran city guard, fighting a losing battle against a veritable horde of howling Mollug soldiers. The Nortestrans were putting up a good fight, but there were hundreds of the darkly-clad warriors surrounding them, and more kept on coming. A tall figure strolled around the sidelines of the battle, a blood-spattered mask covering his face and a muscular clawed hand directing the soldiers of the Dark Kingdom. Obviously this savage though in all honesty well-dressed man was in charge, directing and commanding with a calm yet irritated aura. It appeared to Ivan that the man was anxious to finish the fight, yet they also seemed to exude an aura of enjoyment at the slaughter, like a glutton at a feast, eager to move on to the next meal and enjoy its new flavors.

Growling under his breath, Ivan sank to one knee behind a building covered in pockmarked holes of varying size, almost as if someone had shaken a giant brush full of acid over the abode, spattering it with permanent and often very large new windows. He wasn't a big fan of battle maniacs oftentimes as they often enjoyed the kill more than the actual fight. Ivan was a bit of an adrenaline junkie at times but it wasn't the killing in a battle he enjoyed, it was the creativity and randomness of the situation, unpredictable in its most basic nature. Fights lead to surprise and adrenaline-fueled moments of clarity and precision, not found much elsewhere. This Mollug commander was very obviously the type that enjoyed it too much, the type that liked to watch others lifeblood spill out over the street. Ivan had met a couple of fellows like that in his old world, they hadn't been enjoyable types, he had hoped he wouldn’t find as many in this world, but it seemed they were just as common if not more so in Valucia. The Gun shifted form as Ivan looked out over the battlefield, he had gone to the 2nd floor of the acid riddled house and found a nice alcove for sniping. Energy beams began to flash out over the battlefield, piercing multiples of soldiers with every shot. 15 shots in and Ivan began to realize his hiding spot was no longer hidden, Mollug warriors were headed directly towards him, the commander having swiftly directed two score of his soldiers to deal with the sudden gunfire. The Nortestrans cheered at the sudden support and the fight began to grind to a standstill, the red knights of the besieged nation fighting tooth and nail on the stairs to the church. An ever-expanding ring of corpses surrounded the entrance, resembling a grim mockery of a halo. Brother Beast chuckled at the humor found in the carnage.

-BROTHER BEAST-
Brother Beast had decided that Salhara, the traitorous Nortestran general was the most likely source of the hate he had caught a whiff of. Directing his troops in the commander's direction, the savage commander had begun to slaughter and fight his way indiscriminately in the direction of the former Mollug commander. His troops had been on seek-and-destroy missions, for the most part, rooting out pockets of resistance and annihilating weakened sections of the Nortestran lines. Then Brother Beast had found it, a more direct route to the commander. The commander’s senses were inhuman and almost eldritch in their ability. He had decided the best way to root out a monster like him was to offer it something all monsters enjoyed; Real, no holds barred, gory bloodshed. And this cathedral, a bastion of Nortestran defense seemed like the perfect place to create the bait. Slaughtering the Nortestrans guarding the place was only the secondary objective, taking out Salhara was the true goal. Only Brother Beast was aware of this goal however as his superiors wouldn't have been happy with his deviation for assassination missions of personal preference.

The fight had been going well, Brother Beast hardly even needing to step in at all, the Nortestrans falling one by one in defense of the massive cathedral. The cultural site was one of the great landmarks of Castellan and its destruction would be a blow to the spirit of the remaining Nortestrans. Again, this was not Brother Beast’s main goal, his main goal was Salhara. A fight with her was the prize Brother Beast sought, the goal he wanted to rip the head from. As he pondered this and directed his men, beams of light began to spear through the backs of his soldiers. Taking cover with a low crouch in a crater, the Mollug commander directed several dozen of his men to go and take care of the light mage harassing them from the ruined houses nearby. The soldiers moved out quickly and methodically, taking cover when possible and moving as stealthily as available. Several of them were felled before the house was reached, the front door blown open with dark fire magic and semi-modern breaching tactics. The soldiers rushed upstairs clearing room after room before finding themselves in front of Ivan’s door. Kicking open the door, the Mollug knights were met with a hail of gunfire. Ivan had continued to fire upon the Mollugs until they had reached his front door. As they reached his door on the second floor, Ivan kicked over a nearby table for cover and as the door slammed open with a powerful kick, the gunslinger began to pump round after round into the entranceway. Splattering the guts of three warriors all over the back wall before they took cover, a short standstill was reached, if only for a moment. A weird stone was tossed in the doorway and Ivan’s modern warfare tactics kicked in, he sprinted towards the nearest window and leaped right through it smashing the glass and frame apart with reckless abandon. Moments after departing the room, a blinding white light went off, followed by a large explosion smashing all the other windows of the house with its intensity.

Landing on the cobblestones with a quick roll, Ivan found himself facing off against 4 Mollug knights; two of them rushed forward flashing curved swords and the other two began to glow with purple energy. Ivan dived behind a wall into an alleyway just as the two mages let off. Flashing purple energy blasts tore up the cobblestone and alleyway walls as Ivan narrowly avoided the assault. Picking himself upright as the two melee wielders rounded the corner, Ivan let off a concussive blast of his rifle sending one of the warriors flying into the second-floor window of a building behind him. The other warrior swiftly recovered and lunged with three quick strikes of his blade, nearly slicing open Ivan; the strikes tore his cloak and almost cut flesh but Ivan was away several meters before any follow-up strikes could be landed. His energy was low so Ivan stuck with concussive, inherently nonlethal blasts, sending the next soldier spinning out of the alleyway. As the soldier slid away, the soldiers who had been after Ivan caught up, the two mages leading the way with crackling purple lightning blasts. Ivan smashed through a door as they opened fire, the alleyway being reduced to a firing range as the Mollugs raced after Ivan. He ran through the building quickly, leaping and dodging around and over furniture until he reached the front door, slamming the door open to be met with the open area around the cathedral. Not much of anywhere to run to now, Ivan scowled and brought his weapon to bear watching as the Nortestran knights were finally forced into the church, fighting until they were out of view, covered by the silhouettes of the ravaging Mollugs. He was alone and surrounded now, out in the open of a large clearing before the catgedral, surprisingly not a very new situation for the gunslinger.

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Viper Actual Viper Actual StaidFoal StaidFoal MorgathosTheRussian MorgathosTheRussian
(this is the scene for our fight yoooooo)

Last edited:
TERANIS
The sprint into the besieged city had been a fast one. Speed was one of many strengths the Biraakan people held and one which they were proud of, considering their ancestry as hunters. Dodging past fires, crumbling buildings and dead soldiers had been easy. Going past alive ones were not however. There seemed to be two distinct armies battling each other and Teranis had faced off with troops from both sides as she went deeper into the city.

For some reason she felt an urge to continue forward despite the carnage surrounding her at every corner. She had tried to avoid combat as much as she could but that proved to be far more difficult than originally anticipated. No matter which banner they served the soldiers she had encountered had either tried to strike her down, fall back or called for reinforcements using horns, yelling or by just beating their weapons against their shields or armour.

Slaying unknown soldiers fighting a war she had no stake in or knowledge about had seemed wrong though there wasn't much else she could do. Her built-in universal translator located inside her helmet had a hard time catching all the words being spoken and Teranis suspected that few of the patrols and squads she had encountered were interested in having a conversation, much less engage in any other form of diplomacy.

Those she had been forced to strike down had died fast. Her blade was far stronger than their armour and her reflexes seemed only to be matched with one of the species which he had identified based on their slender bodies and pointy ears.

After narrowly dodging another skirmish Teranis found herself looking at a building with tall spires. By the look of things it was perhaps a temple or some other key structure. Said structure was being assaulted. Teranis sighed. Was there really no one around that could offer even the slightest sliver of guidance to her?

An explosion caught her attention and Teranis watched someone who surely was not from this world dispatch several armored warriors with long-range weapons fire. Finally.

The man seemed intent to go from street-to-door and vice versa. A clever tactic as the assaulting forces lost their lives because of their aggressive tactics. Or at least Teranis think they did based on the gunfire. Once the man stepped out in front of the building Teranis stepped out of her cover. With one hand on her blade and her other raised in a friendly manner she stepped out into the open.

"Warrior!"

She had called him out. Let's hope he was eager to listen. Secretly Teranis hoped that whatever weapon he was using wouldn't riddle her energy shield with holes. Chances are she wouldn't last long without it.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Wyman and Hodir

The elder dragon collided with the unicorn in a flash of fire and lightning. Hodir swerved away from Wakinyan's horn and clamped his jaw on the neck, unknowing of the energy Wakinyan was about to release in retaliation.

Inside the barrier, the now weaponless Wyman was thrown into a kneel by Sulric's gut punch. She clicked her tongue upon seeing him cleave his poisoned hand clean off only to have it regrow. Not even a moment of hesitation! The punch to her stomach knocked the air out of her lungs, but regaining oxygen felt more... tedious than before. As she tried to regain energy, she finally took in Sulric's words. Why was he apologizing? She thought he showed pity for believing himself to be able to wipe out his enemies near instantaneous, but if he could then he'd have done so, already. Why did he shed tears for her? It was hard to catch a breath. She thought her stamina to be better than this! Was the previous fighting taking its toll? Was it an effect of some spell or curse some Nortestran mage cast on her? It felt oddly warm, and the air was stuffy. The air... Wyman mouthed an 'Oh,' finally piecing together Sulric's plan. "I should have known better..." she said, staggering against the barrier as support.

Sulric's barrier cut off everything, oxygen included. An unfortunate oversight on her part. Already, the lack of air was getting to her. "I've always had great respect for you, Sulric." Wyman sat against the barrier, watching as Hodir fought an unwinnable fight. It was getting harder to breath, and she felt her consciousness slowly slip away. She reached for something in her pocket, holding it tightly against her heart in a fist. "I trust... you'll treat him... well." With that, the lack of oxygen knocked her out, head drooping to the side. Her hand fell, dropping what looked like a shiny rock. It was a scale of none other than Hodir, a memoir from when her squad stumbled into his lair, and when she returned to Verruk riding on his back.

Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Solirus Solirus Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Sulric Trynd

Seeing Wyman stumble down and utter what would be her last words broke Sulric's heart. She truly was a good person, but her devotion to Mollug was something that couldn't be overlooked. If Sulric decided to spare her life she would simply keep on the attack for the glory of Mollug, for that is what she believed is right. Sulric grabbed his sword tightly and began walking towards the now Unconscious Wyman.

Finally arriving Sulric kept his breath as the air had almost already run out and placed his sword on Wyman's chest. Sulric tightly held the grips of his blade trying to get himself to end Wyman's life, but he couldn't. Sulric began to tear up more his hands shaking as he began to be flooded with emotions of sadness and regret. Then Sulric opened his mouth and said. "We would've... made great friends." Sulric finally said struggling to speak as he fell into one knee and plunged his blade into the commanders chest, Killing her as the blade hit her heart.

Finally killing Wyman, Sulric opened his barrier taking a deep breath as he was running out. Though as he looked to confirm Wyman's death, he saw her dropping what seemed to be a scale of her dragon. A sign that represented the bond and friendship that they shared. Sulric's eye no began to tear up even more but he kept his mouth shut trying to prevent his crying.

As Sulric grabbed the scale that Wyman dropped, Sulric gently closed Wymans eyes. Sulric put the scale away into one of his pockets and slowly stood back up. Though Sulric was shown shaking and without warning, "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Sulric let out a a scream of both sadness and anger that could be heard across all of Castellan. He had done it again, he killed an amazing individual with a disgusting strategy, one that he didn't want to use but came back to in dire need. Sulric look disappointed, but this was the cost of war, and he wouldn't weep just yet. Sulric finally pulled out Wymans sword that had been stabbed on his stomach and tightly gripped it. With two swords now in hand, Sulric was back in the fight.

StaidFoal StaidFoal

Hearing Sulrics Scream: @ everyone in the battle

Kotori & Wakinyan

Kotori watched in horror as Hodir's jaws snapped shut on the back of Wakinyan's neck. His mane was thick and wild, but it would not provide any protection against those enormous fangs. She heard the Divine Beast growl in pain, pawing at the air as he was lifted partly off the ground. Kotori understood his plan with clarity, yet even still it pained her to witness it unfold. It took a great deal of willpower to stay still, clutching her bow while her friend was left in agony. She crouched upon the charred earth, watching as pale blood seeped from the demi-god's wounds, rising up in shimmery globules to where Wakinyan could no longer follow. They were luminous, as his coat has once been, burning out like embers before fading entirely from the world.

Unlike Kotori, Wakinynan could control the raging tempest with deadly precision. With the dragon's mouth clamped onto his neck, it would be all too easy for him to smite through flesh and skull, striking at the seat of all reason. Yet, Wakinyan could not. This creature fought with all its heart to protect what it loved. Had it not attacked Kotori, perhaps he would even be defending it from the rows of fire mages and soldiers swarming it like ravens.

Wakinyan could not kill this dragon, and he might not be able to bring it to heel, but one thing he could do was hold it here. It was locked with him, and he with it, until one fell; lifeless or otherwise. Electricity rippled over the two in a constant stream until both dragon and unicorn were engulfed in a sporadic web, paralyzing the dragon's movements. What Wakinyan unleashed was excruciating, burning both nerve and synapse relentlessly. Mortals had named it Heavenfire, that which burns without flame. The dragon would learn it well. What irony it was, for the dragon to become the scorched.

Wakinyan's voice forced itself into Hodir's mind, booming and resinous, arching like great crashes of thunder. Nothing was spoken in the deafening howl of wind, but somehow three words could be plucked from the roar, forming independently as if by their own agency.

Y I E L D.
O B E Y.
L I V E.

As Kotori looked on she heard a cry of pure grief rise up above the clamour of battle. Moved, she glanced away from the clashing titans and quickly noticed the absence of Sulric's shield-bubble. Had he been slain? The answer to this question was found in the flash of swords, woven by the commander Sulric. So he had lived, and yet it sounded as if his heart had been cut in two. Kotori tore her gaze away from the commander and back to the ebony dragon. The pull she had felt to Hodir had faded. Her throat tightened, but she forced herself to focus on Wakinyan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back