Comics & Webtoons CROM! (My Conan the Barbarian collection)

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Behold the fruit of years of collecting. Not avidly, mind you. I pick 'em up as I see 'em. And I see less of 'em these days.
Doesn't help that the local comic book shops in my town don't really carry much in the way of my comic book interests. Their Marvel stuff is typically the more popular titles (superhero stuff). And there are like 3 secondhand bookstores here... all of which are pretty dinky and have very inconvenient hours of operation.

Comics at the top, paperbacks at the bottom. The comics range from the late 70's into the 80s. And some of the books are as old as from the 60's. Missing from the collection are my DVDs and VHS tapes of the Schwarzenegger movies. Pretty sure they are still at my parent's house in my old room somewhere. Or possibly buried in a box in their attic.

Are there any other Conan the Barbarian fans here on RPN?

conan.png

Last edited:
Ah Conan, basically a fandom I've inherited from my father, who is a big fan of Conan as it was quite a popular comic series here in the late 70s and 80s.

I would consider The Hyborian Age of Robert. E. Howard to be one of the most fun worlds to read about, since it's devised like a forgotten age of our own world. it's such an underrated and disregarded series to be honest, I would love to see more being done with it.

You've got a nice collection going,a ltough I have to say that the post Howard pastiche stories fall drasticly short of the quality of the original Conan stories.

Ah Conan, basically a fandom I've inherited from my father, who is a big fan of Conan as it was quite a popular comic series here in the late 70s and 80s.

I would consider The Hyborian Age of Robert. E. Howard to be one of the most fun worlds to read about, since it's devised like a forgotten age of our own world. it's such an underrated and disregarded series to be honest, I would love to see more being done with it.

You've got a nice collection going,a ltough I have to say that the post Howard pastiche stories fall drasticly short of the quality of the original Conan stories.
Yeah, it's definitely an older fandom. I got into it with the Shwarzeneggar films, but then one of my uncles told me there were comics of it. So I started looking around at the shops when I was a kid. O know there are newer publications with more modern styled art. But I have a thing for the older style of comic books. It's very classic.

I know there are some video games of it, and Age of Conan seems to be running strong. I usd to play Conan: Unchained myself until the server started giving me all sorts of gaff. Age of Conan is too much for my laptop to handle, just downloading the base game and all the DLC would be more memory than it even has if I deleted all the other games I have. lmao

As far as the books, I still haven't read all of the ones I own. I have a huge queue of books I need to get through. But I'm working on it. I am also still keeping an eye out for the movie cover Conan the Barbarian paperback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back