Cringiest character or action You've ever done.

Angel_Crossroads

I had this idea for the most edgelord character ever. Baneblade, the deathknight. I'd heard those things as a joke and I thought it was super cool. I'm happy I didn't go through with making that character....also one of my character's dated a talking Gardevoir once...in a group rp....I wanted to die

Heh...

First character I ever played was on a resident evil server in gmod. Let's get started
So he was Australia SAS because we all gotta be shpecial forshez, his only personality was "I'm a dick" and "I chuckle a lot." I used my real name for his character name, and said he was a right-hand man for the leader of the Yakuza (despite being Australian), who now controls all of Japan. I also added a part in there about him shooting his friend because I was watching The Walking Dead (part where he shoots the guy's leg.) There was a point I tried to convince an admin to let me make him a mutant, literally just so I could turn his eyes red.
I was pretty fucking dumb.
Needless to say, no one liked him. No one. That was my first and only time being "That guy" on a server. He witnessed a contract killing handled by an information broker, immediately told someone, got killed himself

And the story gets worse

After that I make five new characters from the Yakuza, each one individually a cringe-worthy stereotype of their own. Highlight was a guy covered in black bandages (because I thought Ermac was cool) who had his mouth sewn shut. Why? There is no logic here. Then generic black-hair leader dude, muscle guy, and two others I can't even remember. The story behind it was they're coming to investigate my old char's death, but really it was a thinly veiled meta to criticize other characters icly. One guy who didn't know me was convinced to join the investigation, up until he saw me /it a meeting between the five guys. I was basically doing a make-believe meeting with five characters who weren't there. He laughed in my face and left at that moment. Everyone except the Ermac character got picked off, and I pretty much cemented that bad reputation. And I KNOW it was that bad too, because I found them again maybe two or three years later and they still remembered me.
So yeah. Super embarrassing, but pretty funny imo.

There was a time in high school that my friend failed to thoroughly read a character bio that I sent him and his 18 year old fantasy hero spent half an RP hitting on a 50 something woman with a husband and kids; I didn't catch on until his character tried to ask her out.

I also made some edgy mcEdgelord characters that I'm pretty ashamed of and wish I could forget. But the former story, though not entirely mine is funnier and lets be real here, most of us probably made edgy characters at one point or another.

Heh...

First character I ever played was on a resident evil server in gmod. Let's get started
So he was Australia SAS because we all gotta be shpecial forshez, his only personality was "I'm a dick" and "I chuckle a lot." I used my real name for his character name, and said he was a right-hand man for the leader of the Yakuza (despite being Australian), who now controls all of Japan. I also added a part in there about him shooting his friend because I was watching The Walking Dead (part where he shoots the guy's leg.) There was a point I tried to convince an admin to let me make him a mutant, literally just so I could turn his eyes red.
I was pretty fucking dumb.
Needless to say, no one liked him. No one. That was my first and only time being "That guy" on a server. He witnessed a contract killing handled by an information broker, immediately told someone, got killed himself

And the story gets worse

After that I make five new characters from the Yakuza, each one individually a cringe-worthy stereotype of their own. Highlight was a guy covered in black bandages (because I thought Ermac was cool) who had his mouth sewn shut. Why? There is no logic here. Then generic black-hair leader dude, muscle guy, and two others I can't even remember. The story behind it was they're coming to investigate my old char's death, but really it was a thinly veiled meta to criticize other characters icly. One guy who didn't know me was convinced to join the investigation, up until he saw me /it a meeting between the five guys. I was basically doing a make-believe meeting with five characters who weren't there. He laughed in my face and left at that moment. Everyone except the Ermac character got picked off, and I pretty much cemented that bad reputation. And I KNOW it was that bad too, because I found them again maybe two or three years later and they still remembered me.
So yeah. Super embarrassing, but pretty funny imo.
Yeeeeesh! okay, that actually brightened my day. XD

Used to be self insert city back in my day. Character always had my username and I thought they were straight up badass.

Nowadays I wonder if I had autism or something.

Back in the day i used to Use a extreamly OP Character who was basicly impossable to kill.

I Regret Every moment of it

I used to be biiiiig on other forum role play sites and even some Leto ninjago shit on the lego forums. Please wipe all these mem'ries from my brain.

Most of my characters back then were based on basically zero thoughts and research.

I also always had characters with tragic backstories. Sole survivor of a species and shit.

Most of my characters back then were based on basically zero thoughts and research.

I also always had characters with tragic backstories. Sole survivor of a species and shit.
It is I! KrabbyMcKrabKrab, the sole survivor of the pencil chewing geeks! I must avenge my species and also get diggity doggity down while doing it! - Every edgy character that every 10-14 year old has made.

But I think a lot of it had to do with being young and trying to be different. Plus anime protags are always the best biggest baddest dudes. i...erm...thought Kirito was cool.

So back when I used to do Warriors, I vividly remember typing this bit of dialogue for a blind character: "Did you hear that? It sounds as if a twig has snapped with the weight of something unfamiliar on it."

Not only is that terrible writing, but how would anyone know- in a forest full of talking animals- what the weight of something snapping a twig is?

So back when I used to do Warriors, I vividly remember typing this bit of dialogue for a blind character: "Did you hear that? It sounds as if a twig has snapped with the weight of something unfamiliar on it."

Not only is that terrible writing, but how would anyone know- in a forest full of talking animals- what the weight of something snapping a twig is?
wait was the twig unfamiliar? XD

I had a character way back when I first started roleplaying who was absolutely cringey, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the roleplay I used him for. It was, after all, the only roleplay I'd ever actually finish. Anyway, this guys name was Ryunnosuke - Ryunn for short. Obviously a Japanese name. No issue there. Except for the fact that my character was Vietnamese. I needed a country known for being full of poverty so his background could at least sort of make sense, but I was going through my weeb phase and made that ridiculous combo. Worst part? Oh God no.

His background was tragic. Mary-Sue like. He was born in a small village in Vietnam, abused by his father until finally his father died. He lived with his mother who didn't work, so they made absolutely no money. They were evicted from their home and lived on the streets. And boy, does it get worsre. His mother falls in and Ryunn, only a ten year old kid, you see, steals medicine to help her from a street vendor (do people sell medicine on the streets, I don't know). Of course, however, he's caught and punished. The vendor cuts the boys arm off to prevent him from stealing anymore.

So, his mother ends up dying with no medication. He's living with one arm (not sure why he didn't bleed to death because he literally had no treatment for his arm either but who knows???) and he still lives on the streets. He lives this way until he's eighteen, and he moves to America (bc apparently he could afford a plane ticket but not food?) In America, he meets this scientist who gives him this bionic arm that can literally do fucking everything. He wants to turn his arm into a sword? Bam. He wants his arm to operate like a normal arm? Covered. He wants his arm shoot missiles at random people? Why not?

So the roleplay begins at this point in his life. He's maybe in his early twenties. Despite living in a foreign country, he speaks perfect English and he has this bionic arm and everything is perfect unTIL the rp starts and honestly I don't even know how to explain the rp there were monsters and so much weird shit going on 24/7. But he like falls in love with this wolf-girl hybrid. And he adopts this monster girl "Dolly." And like Ryunn is emotional as fuck and literally cried in every post and I dunno man.

My roleplay beginner days were full of cringe.

A friend of mine wanted to RP with my OU so I set up lots of really dramatic stuff with plot twists and everything but then he was all "this is all nice but where's the fun part? There should be something a little brighter about this quest" So I made the most annoyingly cheerful NPC ever created, a type of talking spider that could only express herself in rhymes and kept being WAY too optimistic. Like. "You've been hit by a poison arrow" Spider: "MAYBE MY POISON AND SILK WILL SAVE YOU I GOTTA TRY YOURE MY BESTEST FRIEND YAY"

He never requested "happier".

So I was part of this roleplay group that I... Eh, disliked to say the least. So I made my worst character IRONICALLY. Keep that in mind as this gets worse.

So for a start, I do have some OP AF characters. Why? Because when OP characters meet OP characters and neither of them do anything OP at all then it's fine. So long as your OP characters isn't messing with someone who doesn't want anything to do with OP characters then go ahead is my opinion. I say this because I had a character called Erin who was a horseman of death. I won't go into everything but he was a pretty chill character who had lived long enough to see a universe fall and another one rise.

The character I made for this group was his son. My name? Martin. My character's name? Martimus.

Cringe.

So Martimus was part nephilim as his father was full Nephilim (Nephilim being half demon, half angel and those two races were explained in the RP as being two subraces of the same race that were magically different from each other... Yikes.) And he was also a witch. This character was made to combat... Lacie.

Now, remember I done this IRONICALLY. I really did, it's still a regret that makes me cry at night and cry out for sweet death but I was self aware enough to realise that he was stupidly good at what he done. I made him kill people, torture people and casually flaunt power just to get the attention of Lacie. She was... Well, worse. See, she wasn't aware of what she was doing. She'd moan and cry out for attention, was attached to this one character in the chat no matter what and would CONTROL OTHER CHARACTERS. Zoinks, it was bad.

I can't remember the details, I think they did habe a facr off where she did try to best me and... Well, it just didn't work. She said she was the demon queen and all that, I retorted with the races being different and only the name being similar. She tried to control my character, I retorted by sarcastically giving a reply on how 'Weirdly, Martimus didn't feel like dying so he casually stood there.' or something like that.

Eventually she left and a month or so after the group just stopped. I was left with the worst character I had ever made and enough life regrets to probably be able to go on Jeremy Kyle and milk it for all it's worth. That whole universe is more or less dead, sadly my regrets didn't die with it.

Probably the time when my character was a whiny bitchy Sue who never helped anyone (my "edgy" phase was a real shitshow.) One time, I believe she refused to resuscitate a fallen teammate because of some petty drama.

I've also just made characters ill-suited for the adventure, who end up being burdensome and annoying. Still working on thst one.

I had my 15 year old girl character with fire magic revert to a five year old(i was gm) It was so bad...

So, my first character ever was this wolf character,
Black fur ☑
Red eyes ☑
Eye scar ☑
'Killer' in his name ☑

End me now xD

Whenever I first starting roleplaying, I was like seven or eight. So back in that time I had been obsessed with the name Nina (idk why). That being said - it didn't matter the roleplay - but character was named Nina and was 19 years old.

Of course I would use the stereotypical background. In certain RPs she would be a super rich girl and her house would be 500 stories high (lol) but don't worry, though, she was a really nice, kind, and giving character and wasn't a mean girl. *eye roll*.

Then my other side of Nina was that her parents were thieves and so was her uncle but she was 'very different' from them and she wasn't a robber like her family.

A friend of mine wanted to RP with my OU so I set up lots of really dramatic stuff with plot twists and everything but then he was all "this is all nice but where's the fun part? There should be something a little brighter about this quest" So I made the most annoyingly cheerful NPC ever created, a type of talking spider that could only express herself in rhymes and kept being WAY too optimistic. Like. "You've been hit by a poison arrow" Spider: "MAYBE MY POISON AND SILK WILL SAVE YOU I GOTTA TRY YOURE MY BESTEST FRIEND YAY"

He never requested "happier".
Shit, I need to save that idea, cause it's genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back