Crimson Canines 10x Side Missions

tammynorthland

the berserker
future_war_by_steve_burg-d2y3q9p.jpg

During the reconstruction of the Crimson Canines, Apart from the main mission at hand there are protocols for other missions around the world that are the type of call for the Canines.

This section can be hosted anytime and does not reflect on the main story line.
regular rules and regulations apply and no promotions occur from the side missions.

1217908331_Marines.jpg
The engines of the dropship seemed so quiet in the troop bay. It had been 4 weeks since the military lost contact with a small town on the outskirts of the land they had under control. 3. weeks. 2 days since they lost contact with the recon unit sent to reestablish contact. 2 weeks since they lost contact with the slightly larger unit that was sent to find out what happened there... They brought a tank with them. Only to vanish like the village and recon unit. From then it has been 12 hours since "10 of spades" and "queen of diamonds" managed to send back a garbled message requesting for something before being cut off. Due to the lack of known threats in the area the canines are being sent in with out there mechs as boots on the ground will be enough the fix anything this area can throw at them. The plan is to drop off the canines 5 miles from the village and have them walk in. The village itself grows mostly wheat and also logs from the large forests around it. Fang wolves have been known to live in the area and also some Saber pumbas tracks have been reported before the village lost communications.

Connor sat in the Rook, wrapped up in memories of similar situations. The only difference that it wasn't Pequad flying. Everything else fit. The soft roar from the engines just outside, the occasional rattle as a stray gust of wind tried to push the drop ship around. But the best part of all this, they wouldn't have to jump out of a perfectly good drop ship. It would be firmly on the ground by the time they'd be told to get out. He knew the Rook would be able to absorb the fall, if they did have to jump, but it was always a queasy experience. Free falling with the ground rushing up to meet you. And if you don't land just right they'd have to scrape you off the ground to give you a closed casket funeral.

But, again, they wouldn't be jumping out of the drop ship. At least he hoped. Oh god did he hope.

Marka sat on one of the sides looking down at the metal flooring of the carrier, sometimes taking glances to the sides and lay back and wait. the experience of being on a aircraft was no mystery to her but surely felt rather different from her usual. There mission was to, well, investigate the unknown vanishing of troops and recon unit being those "10 of spades" and "queen of diamonds" it was there mission to find them or at least know what happen to them. She was rather thoughtful but better words, she was slightly scared knowing how those people just poof out and even the last one with a Armored vehicle on there side, vanish without a trace. Her thoughts drifted of what could have done this, surely could had not been the wild life, or some small guerrilla group. Whatever cause the disappearance of them, The canines where now going themselves to see and THAT is what scares her, they could all just poof away like the rest, i mean sure, they where the Special forces here but. It dint change the thought.

"Well i am going to be honest, i hope we find whatever cause them to just vanish, just hope we come out whole ya know? Just...the thought of just proceeding like normal only to look back and see HALF of us gone, just scary..."
Marka mummer softly as she tap her foot on the ground but gave a short chuckle and looked around "But i bet that wont happen to us" With a short laugh...will it happen to them was the question.

Alerius sat back in the seat closest to the door and hat a holographic map floating above his wrist as he went over all the data on the area. " Why are we never deployed with our Mechs any more.." He mumbled mostly to himself and partially to Connor who was next to him. The map lazily spinning as he pinpointed Likley spots for the other teams to have gone dark and highlighting paths to each to the best of his ability. His helmet was sitting next to him on the empty seat between him and the drop door. He was a handsome man with silvery white hair pulled back into a tasteful ponytail with shock blue eyes scanning the map.

He turned to face Marka as she spoke. " Well don't let your guard down.. That can and does happen in relatively unknown areas like this one.. Is this your first deployment? I'm Major Auxullius. I prefer Alerius though." He said with a friendly smile. Closing the map above his wrist to give his full attention to who he was conversing with.

Marka soon heard Alerius speak to her, with a slight smile she would reply "Yea, its is my first deployment on foot, most of my sorties have been me on the handle of a vehicle, never on foot. But pleasure to meet you Alerius, I am Pilot Markavish Solotov, just call me Mark or Marka i don't mind one bit. And believe me, i wont let my guard down one bit that is for sure, if i do its a nice thought knowing you guys are there" she replied with a chuckle as she would still be rather worried, yes it was her first deployment on foot. Most of her time she has been pampered on a plane and such "shells" that protect her from danger and things she knew, never on foot, it was like a rookies first time on the field for her right now, i mean she has gone through training and boot camp, but her specialty was more on the "Plane" side. But knowing the men right beside her are MUCH more prepared to this situation, they will all get out of this is one that is for sure. Looking at Alerius she would ask "Actually how long you been in service? you seem to know all this like the back of your hand" she asked with a thoughtful mind, being a Major he must have been through so many missions and situations that are stories on there own.

She looked as well at connor and would wave her hand at him to get his attention "what about you? Connor correct?" she asked as knowing her team was vital to survival, i mean look at them. Comparing her to them was like comparing a paper to a rock, these guys seem the could snap targets like butter!
Abdel featherfall Abdel featherfall Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

"Why do we always have to jump from perfectly good aircraft?" Connor posed a counter question instead of answering Alerius'. If he had to answer, he would've said that it was nice to get out and stretch your legs every now and again. Then again, he equipment was designed to be shot at a little, he was almost a mech himself. The others, however, were much more fragile then him. "Don't worry, if you get scarred, you can use me as a shield. It might take them to chew through me." he said jokingly, nudging Alerius in the ribs with an elbow.

Then the girl started talking, saying her name was Marka and how this was her first foot deployment. "Well, girl, from what I know, the Canines are a bit short on everything right now. So get used to doing things you didn't think you'd do. And yep, I'm Connor. Served in the Crimson Canines back in the war with the Brotherhood and former commander of the Tungsten Wolves. Alerius was there the whole time, never made it to commander though. But I guess you can call us veterans."

The pilot begins to speak over the intercom. "Ok people were 5 minutes out from the LZ get ready to go. Ill hover over the clearing but because it is tonarrow to land in your need to jump. The local wildlife contests of fang wolves, saber pumas, and reports of a new subspecies of wolf were comeing in before we lost contact."
(1 more round of posts before we land)

Marka paid attention towards them and as soon Connor talked about how the canines where now dependent and in need of anything they could get there hands on, it was no doubt she will see more of this type of action, But what was most eye catching was the fact they where veterans from when the crimson canines where born! She has heard many things about the crimson canines and being able to serve by them and right now its Veterans and old heroes, its a honor nevertheless, Connor the tungsten wolves commander and Alerius one of its members from the start, well, there was no thought they where capable of everything and anything.
"Its an honor not just to be part of the crimson canines, but being with its veteran members, its more than that! I heard many things about the canines and just being with you two..bet every single one are true hehe i would not mind some war stories ,But really now, i am glad to be with you guys!I will put to my efforts then and do all possible If the crimson canines are in need of mostly everything, i better get use to these, and well...try get better and i will that is for sure." Marka replied and honestly, she felt better i mean, come on they are crimson canine veterans,you know how much action they have been through? Maybe one day she can hear there war stories. They don't make them like they use to honestly, she is just a striker pilot and with extensive combat training. They use virtual reality to practice flight and other tech, think about the crimson canines? bet they had it harder. Even the old is better than the new don't you say?

Soon the pilot will speak over the speaker and say they where close and jumping was needed, Marka would stand up and reach to the seat beside her as she grab her helmet and would look inside and around just making sure all looks well but dint put it on just rather hold it in her hand, when they where gonna jump, THEN she would put it on. With her free hand she would reach up and hold one of the pipes to stand steady "Well now, guess we are not walking out of the ship now are me? really wanted a soft start" her voice grunted as yea, jumping might not be a problem but was rather...tiresome in a way, she rather walk out of the ship but hey, they cant do that.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Abdel featherfall Abdel featherfall

After hearing the pilot say that they would have to jump, Connor looks at Alerius. "See?" he said as the pilot proved his point. "We always have to jump." Standing up, his helmet already on, he looks over at Marka as she finishes speaking. "You want some stories? Well, I think I got a couple I could tell you later. But let's get this job done first, maybe see if those fang wolves and saber pumas taste good. Then I might tell you them."

Marka stood ready and hearing Connor how he would accept in telling her some of his adventures he has had with his older crew was very refreshing, i mean, come on, WHO dose not like hearing those bad ass stories about soldiers? not ANY soldier but the crimson canines, it was surely the BEST there could be, i mean yea sure some are written on paper and blablabla, but hearing them personally, now THAT was much better. With a chuckle she would respond "Fang wolves and Saber pumas? dint know people eat those, But hey you bet i would love some stories, been wondering if i could have the chance to hear some from the crimson canines once i entered officially here. But yea lets get this done before we do anything else" Marka ended as she would slip on her helmet and make sure it was fit as she waited for the go, Hey maybe she could hear from Alerius as well his side of stories, most don't have the same experience so why not hear more of those fun stories huh? Plus getting to chat with them veterans is always nice!

It was a clear, calm and rather beautiful day. Alerius had been sitting in his bunk room alone as he didn't have anybody to share it with yet. He was on a holo call with his wife Artemis going over bits and pieces of his next mission with her. They had covered the topic of how the kids were doing hours ago and he even talked to his kids for some time. However the reason he was talking to Artemis about this next mission.. Is it involved several factors they were both all too familiar with, Ghouls and Bastet their leader. After a time Alerius rubbed his eyes and said his goodbyes to Artemis before ending the call so she could go put the kids to bed. They were a few hours ahead of him after all.

He finally got up and slipped on his suit, an antiquated thing by the standards of modern military but even so he was familiar with it and that alone gave him more of an advantage than anyone wearing new improved armor. It was a second skin to him, he hardly even knew he was wearing it most of the time. The HUD that had remained virtually unchanged after all these years was so familiar now he could monitor it without even looking at it directly, allowing him to keep an eye on things even during combat. He left his helmet off as he was still on base and made his way to the briefing room. It was from there he sent out the call for the Canines to gather. He'd been given leave to lead this mission by N giving his familiarity with the specifics of it.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda @The Broken Mind Yonsisac Yonsisac tammynorthland tammynorthland BassJunkyLeader BassJunkyLeader Samurai Jay Samurai Jay CkSmalling CkSmalling InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Killorkiller Killorkiller

Connor got the call and quickly suited up. The heavy and antiqued armor marked him as one of the original Canines, if they didn't already know that. Some people even stared at him in awe as he tightened a couple straps and made sure all servos were firing properly. A couple people even ogled the Tungsten Wolves logo etched and painted onto his shoulder piece. At least some of these young ones knew about the Tungsten Wolves and how Scarred Mesa was the fort that was assaulted by, and repelled, the Brotherhood and Thanatos.

His heavy foot steps thudded into the room as he pulled a glove over his hand, everything having to be protected. "What do we got," he said, not yet realizing that it was Alerius that had sent out the call. But when he did, he jumped slightly in surprise, him thinking that it was N that had called them, but shrugging his shoulders in the end. "Should I get a bigger gun?" He asked, pointing to the door with a thumb.

Marka received the hero distress signal, immediately locking up and screwing the PDA back in one piece after doing some clean ups and fixing, locking and strapping it on her wrist as it came to life. Making a fast walk towards the confreres wishing not to be late she made sure to holster the long rifle on her back, stasis grenades strapped on her waist and the rather bulky looking backpack being carried in her hands holding all her communication equipment. She was delivered her rifle after her permit needed "Checking" but now High Land has sent it and as well with fresh stasis grenades ready for use. Her suit hanging from her waist,legs covered in its thick flight fabric and boots but from waist up, it hanged the rest as it was yet to be worn completely, bearing the same appearance of that of a flight jumpsuit. From what she was wearing herself was a Long sleeve white top with the letters "HL" on both shoulders, clearly saying "Hey look, this shirt is from High land".

The door slide open she looked around and wonder where was N, huh might be getting coffee for something. She noticed Connor and Alerius are here and it seems she was early at the least from what it seems,Passing by the two and stepping on Connors metal clad foot on purpose as she walked pass them, knowing he would not feel it. "Guess i am early for once, where is N by the way?" she said placing the Bulky pack on one of the chairs and sitting beside it as her rifle lays on her lap, her hands tinkering with it removing its long barrel and its scope splitting in half revealing the inside magnifying glass and pointer. Marka has been rather bother some, i mean its get rather boring here so she is always up making something happen, not a person to just stay around in silence that is for sure. Looking over the duo with a rather worried looked she asked "Wait...did N give the briefing already and i am just here when it finished?" Marka was rather late in most things, and by most i mean all and everything. Marka has been rather way to confident, and such these things happen, but actually she was early and dint know.

Alerius chuckled as Connor entered and nodded. "Yes.. You will need your biggest gun and your mech where we are going. But after the briefing yes?" He said as he straightened some papers out, ready for anyone else who may show up. It seemed a lot of people were off doing other things for N who didn't know first hand the severity of the situation. But Alerius got permission to lead this so all was well.

He waited a few more moments and gave a Nod to Marka as she entered. Setting his papers down now he officially greeted them both. " N is leaving me in charge of this mission.. I was hoping for more people.. But this will have to do I suppose.. You're actually late again Marka but Connor was the only other person to show up. So we will begin the briefing now." He turned and hit a button on to turn on the Holo deck. On the deck it showed a sheer cliff face in the middle of a dense jungle and well below that cliff face was a ruined city, part entangled by vines and part Glasses to the point of being little more than Blackcned, lifeless obsidian.

" Connor, you remember the Ghouls right? A mission that was officially labeled as a failure... Well we were contacted by their leader, Bastet and he needs our help.. A little bit of back story. We met up with Bastet about Ten years ago to try and figure out what happened to a top secret science experiment gone wrong. We went there intending to kill them but he convinced us that shouldn't be a good idea, so we left him in peace in this wasteland that was uninhabitable by everything except them."

He stepped up to the Holo deck and pointed to the glassed side of the city. " This side used to be theirs.. But some of the ghouls went rogue with another. New leader and Ghouls we cannot control are a problem.. The ghouls are made from a manite Technology gone wrong.. It was supposed to be harnessed to make us able to easily adapt to life out here but it went haywire and did so much more than that.. And so that Tech was banned. Our job is to eliminate the other leader to return the Splinter group of Ghouls back to Bastets control before the Nanites spread to other living things."

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Yonsisac Yonsisac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back