• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝓒𝓻𝓲𝓶𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓐𝓬𝓮𝓼 || Main Thread

Characters
Here

• how he's feeling...

pissed

Ink

the hot-head

If it even occurred to Ink that there actually was meeting back in the clubhouse, he would have known that his ass was in a hell lot of trouble for not being there. But the idea slipped out of his mind the second there was a chance he could leave with Juni. Not only he wanted to save her from his crazed ex girlfriend but there was also hope that the two could return to what they used to have before Juni went to become so much more than just another girl in the Aces. Ink actually admired her for having the guts to leave and not take advantage of being an Ace or dating one as many girls around them did.

After a bit of convincing, Juni finally got on his bike and for a moment, it felt like she never left. Her familiar warmth and scent were so close to Ink that he even allowed himself to close his eyes for a moment while on his bike and savor the moment. These roads were his second home and he knew them all perfectly. There was no chance in hell he would crash or have an accident, especially since the road was empty and there was no one far and wide, but one bike, carrying Ink and Juni to Shotgun’s home.

Seeing Juni in such state was breaking Ink’s heart. He pulled her closer to hold her tight in her sadness and to try and be some sort of support in a difficult moment. Ink was not the guy to offer support or know how to console a girl but he decided to rely on his instinct when he told her to let it all out. However, he could never expect what she let out then. Her whispers touched his chest and her hot breath penetrated his shirt as she spoke how Smoke hated her. Smoke and everyone else. And in that moment, Ink hated them all for putting Juniper in this position.

The girl then pulled away and looked at Brady, showing her red puffy eyes to him. Strong pinch hit his insides upon seeing her beautiful face so stained with tears and scratches but her pain was oozing from her more. The more she talked, the more Ink wanted to hit something. So much pain in such a tiny girl, how could she even still walk? And every time he wanted to react to her words, she started again. The issues kept piling up and up and in the end, it was Brady who felt like an idiot.

“Look, Juni. I know I can’t help with anything. But I’m here because I want to be, okay? I’m here because it was always you.” he breathed in frustration, walking a bit away from her towards the window. “I know it might seem like that now and…well, fuck that, let them hate you if they cannot see the truth. But I’m here, Juni. I’m here as I’ve always been. If Smoke doesn’t want to be your friends anymore, fuck that. If everyone wants to blame you for what Robbie did, fuck them too. But you’ll always have me. And for what it’s worth, I care. About you and even about Robbie. You wanna go look for him? Let’s fucking go right now. We can pack our shit and leave tonight, never look back. I’ll do it and you know it. But don’t you ever ask what you have here because even if the whole fucking world turns its back on you, I will always be here because for me, it was always you, you hear me? Not Smoke, not any other bitch. You, Juni! Dammit!” With his last words, the tattooed male balled his fist and hit the wall so hard it left a dent in the wallpaper. And his knuckles remained bloody as he tore the skin across all of them. “Fuck that too…”

?coded by uxie?

/*left side*/

escape the ordinary.

mood
emotional

outfit

mention

/*right side*/

juniper

Juniper was truly at a loss, and she didn't know how to deal with the emotions flooding her. They escaped her as tears, and on a less physical scale, as doubt. She pulled away from Ink's warm touch, moving to take a seat on the couch. Pulling her legs up, she wrapped her arms around them, asking him why he was here. Not in general, but specifically here, with her. It was clear to the blonde that very few people wanted to be around her. Millie was the biggest exception to that, and now Ink was making it clear he was one as well. But why? He'd just had a very public breakup with Juni's ex best friend, and she had no doubt that if Smoke knew where her ex was right now she'd be beyond pissed.

At her simple question that might not be so simple after all, she looked up at him through her tear-filled gaze. Her lips parted slightly as he answered, and she heard the frustration in his tone clear as day. Her gaze followed him as he moved towards the window, listening to his speech about how he was here because he wanted to be, about Smoke and Robbie and just fuck everyone else. "You'll always have me." Those words and the ones that followed rang in her head, repeating themselves over and over and nearly causing yet another wave of tears. Especially as he offered to go look for Robbie. At that, she unfolded herself from the couch, standing but not approaching him. Not yet.

"But don’t you ever ask what you have here because even if the whole fucking world turns its back on you, I will always be here because for me, it was always you, you hear me? Not Smoke, not any other bitch. You, Juni! Dammit!” A small gasp escaped her as he balled his hand into a fist, hitting the wall with all the force he could muster. She was no stranger to anger, Ink's or other people's. She worked around criminals, after all, those who had gotten caught and landed themselves behind bars. Anger was anger, no matter where it came from. But she wasn't afraid of Ink or the dent he'd left in the wall. "Ink..." She breathed, her gaze falling to his now bloody knuckles.

The nurse in her took over, and now she left the area in front of the couch to approach him, gently taking his wrist and pulling his hand towards her. "How many times do I have to tell you, you can't go around punching things that can't punch back?" She whispered her words, a small smile appearing on her lips. She had indeed told him that many times before. "Come on." She gently pulled on his wrist, leading him towards the small bathroom in the corner of the room, walled off from the rest of the area. "Sit." She told him, fishing around in the medicine cabinet for some supplies. A moment later, she set a few things on the sink and then turned back to him. Kneeling in front of him, she soaked a cotton ball with some alcohol. "This might hurt." She told him, before she pressed the cotton ball to the first tear.

/*do not remove credit*/

/*left side*/

life is short. fuck it.

mood
muy importante

outfit

mention
Millie [ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ]

/*right side*/

ash

Ash didn't think about his future often, and when he did, it definitely wasn't for long. He wasn't the sit-and-plan type, and he didn't have much of a plan other than 'stay alive'. He got himself into some very precarious situations, usually of his own accord, but he always managed to get out of them. Also usually of his own accord, though there were times where he needed help from a friend or five or even Shotgun himself. While Shotgun wasn't the type to coddle his children, he was very protective of them and the Aces as a whole, so he didn't mind bringing the hammer down for lack of a better phrase on those he felt deserved it. Maybe Ash was a little spoiled, but he would never admit it.

Standing here on the cliff overlooking the city with Millie, Ash felt like he was whole for once. It wasn't a feeling he could explain, nor was it something he wanted to delve deeper into and figure out what it meant. All he knew was that he'd been missing something for quite some time, and now, he felt like he'd found it. Especially when he kissed Millie, and the girl kissed him back. But before he could even really enjoy the moment or make it better, she pulled back from him. Now she was staring into his eyes, searching them as though she were trying to figure out one of the wonders of the world. Wasn't this what she wanted? Had he been wrong? It wouldn't be the first time he'd mistakenly assumed what someone wanted and been wrong.

He looked back down at her when she stared speaking again, and now it was his turn to search her gaze. He didn't even realize he was doing it. She wanted some sort of explanation, and that was something he wasn't sure he could give her. "Don't go all scientific on me." He scoffed, muttering the word 'deflection' like it was some sort of disease. "I don't want textbook definitions of whatever you learned in therapy school, okay? I kissed you because I wanted to. Is that "deflection"?" He raised his hands, placing air quotes around the last word, the same look of disgust on his face. "Maybe I brought you here because it's romantic, or maybe I just wanted to get away from the bullshit with Smoke and Ink. What's the difference?"

She turned away for a moment, but then turned back. When she took a step towards him, he almost took a step back, but he had to remind himself that he was the man here and he shouldn't be afraid of someone half his height. Besides, the look in her eyes wasn't just angry anymore, and he realized he didn't want her angry with him. And she was right-- she did know him. She shivered, and Ash felt his heart go out to her, but then she was asking for the same explanation from before and he just sighed. "I can say anything I want to." He told her, shrugging out of his jacket and moving closer to drape it around her shoulders. "Now come on. I don't think catching hypothermia is on your bucket list, right?" He smiled, closing the jacket around her but not actually zipping it. "You're insane, Milana."

/*do not remove credit*/

When it came to assessing situations and making decisions, Milana was the queen of overthinking. She would toss and turn ideas over in her mind, consider the different sides of a situation more times than she could count on both hands. She would come up with farfetched scenarios that would probably never come to fruition. She would basically think herself into an anxiety attack. Over the years, Millie had learned coping mechanisms, ways to back herself down from the ledge. It came from the training and book learning she got from school, as well as a bit of trial and error. Some days, she would get lost in a book or a scary movie, others she would drown herself in a pitcher of gin and tonic. And if she was feeling especially terrible, she might go find some cliff to dive from, into the cool water below. So when Ash scoffed at her, seemingly disgusted by her blunt appraisal of his words, emotions, and body language into a technical term, Millie couldn't help but feel a bit ashamed, and worried that she had angered him even more. Because deep down, she knew she wanted to mend their relationship, even if she hadn't been entirely at fault for breaking it.

Ash was right, she knew. He could say whatever he wanted to, whenever he wanted to. That was his right. The blonde wasn't his therapist, wasn't sure she ever could be considering their complicated relationship. It would most certainly be a conflict of interests. He didn't have to talk to her, to explain anything to her. And Millie couldn't force him to. She hoped that he would want to, that whatever friendship they had back in high school might still be there and he could maybe open up to her. But, she was beginning to realize that was all wishful thinking. Milana knew Ash fairly well, and she knew just how stubborn he could be if he really wanted to. It seemed at that moment that he really wanted to. She let out a defeated sigh but didn't say anything further. Part of being a good therapist was knowing when to quit, when to stop pushing with the hopes of letting her patient come to her. While she didn't consider Ash a patient in the slightest, she could only hope that eventually, he would open up to her again.

A rustling sound caught her attention, and Millie looked up just as Ash draped his jacket around her shoulders. She tilted her head curiously, a smile sneaking up onto her lips as he spoke. "No, most certainly not," she answered, rolling her eyes sarcastically at his statement. "And I am very much not insane. When I planned this outfit, I was fully expecting to be hanging out in a bar, a place that most certainly would be temperature-controlled. How was I supposed to know that I would end up outside, on top of a cliff, at night?" The blonde moved to slip her arms into the sleeves, finding that the jacket was a little too big for her. But, she honestly didn't care. It was still warm from Ash's body heat and, as she shipped it closed, she noticed it smelt of his cologne. She felt her cheeks involuntarily flush a bit again, but ignored it. Instead, Millie gestured back to where Ash's bike sat. "How about we head back to my place? Order a pizza, watch a bad scary movie? For old time's sake? I think we both could benefit from getting out of this cold."

the good girl

millie.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Jason was no stranger to intimacy, even during his time with the Crimson Aces. Though women generally weren't part of the gang, many seemed to hang around. Maybe it was the attraction to the sort of bad boy persona that biker gangs put off. Or maybe it was the adrenaline, the danger of being so close to a criminal. He wasn't entirely sure. But whatever the case, it had been to his advantage. In the beginning, when many of the Aces still thought of him as a new recruit, someone who hadn't earned their trust. And he knew that was fair. So, for the first year or so on his undercover assignment, he found himself in the company of several women. They didn't have the best intel, but they certainly knew a lot of rumors, information that could potentially be verifiable from the evidence the State Department was collecting. At the time, Jace was still very much into doing this by the book. He had yet to identify with the Aces, and was striving to be the best cop he could be, to avenge his dead girlfriend. The women were kind of a perk.

Despite all that, he couldn't help but feel like this was somehow different. He had gotten to known Smoke over the years, became her friend in the true sense of the word, not just because it was part of his so-called job. He was assigned to her in more ways than one: to find out more information for the State Department, and to keep her safe by the Aces. They had meaningful conversations, actually enjoyed each other's company without some ulterior motives or underlying meanings. Smoke was interesting, outspoken, badass, and strong-willed. But underneath all that, he had seen glimpses of a real person, not just the gang leader's daughter that everyone thought of her as or wanted her to be. Bear liked both sides. But the hopeless romantic in him wished things could be real more often. Fueled by alcohol and hormones, though, all of that went out the window now that he was in her room, pinning her against her door with her body so close to his. All he had to do was lean in a millimeter more, and their lips would meet in what he hoped would be a fantastic kiss.

Smoke trailed her hands up until they were around his neck, her nails scratching his skin in a way that made his heart race faster. Jace had told himself that he was doing this for her, to help her feel better after what she had just gone through at the clubhouse. But, deep down, he knew that a part of this was for him as well. If he were being honest with himself, Bear had always been attracted to the pretty brunette standing in front of him. He had just never acted on it because she was with Ink, and there wasn't a faster way to get kicked out or worse than to get with a patched member's girl, especially when she was Shotgun's daughter. The space between their lips closed, and Bear leaned into it a bit more. Her lips were soft against his, and they moved in sync. His hands rested on her hips, and he used that connection to move their bodies slowly across the room towards her bed. He paused at the side of the bed, so that the back of her legs barely brushed the frame. As much as he didn't want to, Jace pulled back from the kiss just enough to speak. He hoped she wouldn't change her mind, but needed to ask one more time. His words were barely above a whisper, "Last chance to back out, Smoke."

the cop

jason.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

• how she's feeling...

excited

Smoke

the leader's daughter

The opportunity was here. It was looking at her with the piercing blue eyes that made her heart tremble and caused goosebumps to cover her skin all over her. Her current outfit did not cover a lot and so her skin was quite visible. If Bear decided to examine it closer, he would see how exactly the leader’s daughter felt in his company. The breakup was slowly vanishing from her mind and the tequila in her system was making it easy for Smoke to become oblivious to everything and everyone but the man who was not even one step away from her. He was making her excited, curious. She knew there were tattoos on his body and the brunette wanted to read them, study every inch and learn the man he was.

Being intimate with men was nothing unusual for Smoke. It was more like a routine. A part of her day once her shift at the clubhouse was over. There was always someone who would take her home, whether it was their place or Smoke’s small apartment away from the big house she shared with the rest of her family. One way or another, she always had a nice body to keep her warm at night. Girls rarely stayed with the Aces. Many decided to find more in life, just like Millie or Juni, and some were never really the Aces, just came to hang out, stuck to one of the members for a few months and then disappeared. This life was not for every woman but Smoke, she was legacy. She would never leave.

Bear was different from all the other men though. Despite hanging out together quite often, he never made advances on her, he was never rude, never perverted. Maybe sometimes Smoke wanted him to hint his interest but he never really did. And she assumed that her being with Ink had a lot to do with it. Or maybe he really wasn’t into her. Though quite frankly, it was also rather refreshing to be around a guy, have a smoke or a few, do some shots, go for patrols, and never having to think about what was happening in his head. Not even when she got shitfaced at the clubhouse, doing crazy amount of shots, and Bear carried her home. He was never out there to trick her in sleeping with him. To Smoke, that was new.

But now, his lips were on hers and they harmonized perfectly. All troubles seemed so far away at this point as they traveled from the door to her bed. Not once did Smoke open her eyes and let him guide her. Her legs hit the edge of her bed frame and just as she was ready to hit the soft sheets, bear pulled away. Smoke opened her eyes and surprise was glimmering in her dark pupils. His statement put a small smirk on her lips and she reached up to touch the zipper on her top, pulling it down. The item opened, revealing her body more to him and she shook her head. “Do you wanna back out, Jace?” she asked, her voice rather sultry. “If you do, do it now. Otherwise there won’t be a way back.”

?coded by uxie?

• how he's feeling...

pissed

Ink

the hot-head

Granted, Ink might have mishandled a lot of things tonight. All he wanted was to go out, play some pool and then go to the meeting. The meeting…fuck! It had probably begun already, Shotgun was in the clubhouse and Ink was not there. Fucking shit! Ink was going to hear a lot about that one. Shotgun took him in when no one else wanted him, when his own parents rather left the newborn on the edge of the road to freeze to death or even worse, and all the leader of Aces wanted in return was loyalty. And so far, Ink had given him everything he had. He dedicated his life to the gang and never blinked, never refused an order. He was like the good son obeying his father and in return, Ink enjoyed the royal treatment. But now…well, he was going to get his ass kicked. With everyone in the meeting, his presence was definitely going to be noticed. At least Ash would definitely know.

But the thought of missing out on whatever important news the leader had to share soon disappeared from his head because the person in front of him seemed more important. The reunion so far was rather bitter and this was not how Brady imagined meeting his childhood friend again. Tears, scratches, black eyes, that was all a part of Ink’s life but not with Juni. She used to be his safe haven, a place in life where Ink would seek refuge when the gang lifestyle was becoming too much. She was the token of normalcy he craved. And now, seeing the waterfalls on her face, Ink hated that she was sucked into the Aces this much. Mostly thanks to his former girlfriend.

Words flowed from his mouth automatically. Brady did not have this speech ready forever. He didn’t have anything really. It simply happened, triggered by Juni’s soft voice asking obvious questions. Of course, he would come. Where else would he be if not by her side when she was feeling blue? Maybe the blonde had no idea how much she meant to the tattooed male but Ink knew that not having her, not knowing this girl, it would be a huge black spot on his record, as she was the light that was shining bright on his darkened soul. And the words collected so much anger in him that his fist met the wall in a painful blow.

Juni approached him and her gentle touch took him by the wrist. Her comment made her finally smile but there was a pouty expression on Ink’s face. “I can so…” he mumbled but followed the girl to the bathroom and sat down on the closed toilet. “It’s nothing, Juni, I’m a big boy. I can handle little pain. Don’t even bother with….FUCKING SHIT!” he groaned when the alcohol soaked ball touched the torn skin. He looked at her with a frown, looking like a sulking child. “You know what we should do? We should go upstairs, make a large bowl of popcorn and watch a movie. Just like we used to, remember that? For old times sake.” Brady shrugged, hoping that they could travel back to the times which were definitely simpler. “I mean, we don’t have to but it would be nice to travel back in time. At least for one night.”

?coded by uxie?

/*left side*/

escape the ordinary.

mood
happy

outfit

mention

/*right side*/

juniper

It was much easier for Juniper to deal with someone else's emotions, even if that emotion was anger coming out in the form of Ink punching the wall. Still, focusing on something other than her own sorrow came much easier to Juni, so she took Ink to the bathroom and nodded for him to sit as she dug around for the first aid kit. She found what she needed and knelt in front of him, her mind on the single track now of taking care of Ink's ruined knuckles. With a gentle touch, she pulled his wrist closer to her, and she glanced up at his pouty face when he responded to her comment about him punching walls. She just shook her head and went back to what she was doing, telling him that the alcohol might sting a little as she brought the cotton ball closer to him.

“It’s nothing, Juni, I’m a big boy. I can handle little pain. Don’t even bother with….FUCKING SHIT!” Her eyes jumped back to him at the sudden exclamation, but she didn't move the alcohol soaked cotton ball away from his tear. She just dropped her gaze back to the wounds, continuing to clean the knuckles. She was so focused on her task that she almost missed the beginning of what he said next, but after she'd cleaned the tears she settled back on her heels, looking up into Ink's eyes. "I do remember." She told him, a small smile appearing on her lips as she thought back to those times she shared with him. He was right; it would be nice to travel back in time, even for one night. Tomorrow, Juni could face everything that was bringing her down. Tomorrow she could maybe even find Smoke and apologize to her.

With that thought egging her on, she looked back at Brady's knuckles and dabbed at them with a clean cotton ball to get up the excess alcohol. Then she made quick work of wrapping his hand before she gathered the supplies, throwing away the used materials and tucking everything else back into the medicine cabinet. "You should wrap your hand until the tears heal, so you don't accidentally make them worse." She told him, turning back around and reaching for his other hand. "Come on. I like your idea of going back in time tonight." She told him, pulling him up from the toilet. Her breath caught in her throat as he stood there before her, her eyes traveling over his chest and then up to his face. "And for what it's worth... thank you." She told him, lifting herself to press a kiss to his cheek.

Pulling back a moment later, she smiled at him before she turned to leave the bathroom, pulling him with her. The door that led upstairs locked from her side only, so she just flipped the lock after they ascended the stairs. The door let out into a small hallway, but the walk to the kitchen was not long. She didn't let him go until they were in the kitchen itself, and she spun around slowly. "Now if I were popcorn... where would I be?" She asked softly, tapping her chin a few times before she moved closer to try one of the cabinets. "Nope. Canned veggies." Shutting the doors, she moved on until she finally found the snacks a few cabinets down. "Got it!" She exclaimed, already sounding and feeling more like her own self as she climbed onto the counter to try and get the popcorn from the top shelf. "Brady, don't let me fall, okay?"

/*do not remove credit*/

/*left side*/

life is short. fuck it.

mood
relaxed

outfit

mention

/*right side*/

ash

Ash didn't like feeling like he was being analyzed, which is exactly what Milana was doing. It made him uncomfortable, simply because he knew that she knew him better than most. When other people tried to figure him out, they usually gave up because Ash purposefully did things to throw them off track. He would say or do things out of character just to throw them off their game, and then laugh later on when he realized they'd given up. But Milana wasn't like that. She knew him, and she knew the mind in general, so if she wanted to-- she could figure him out, no problem. And he didn't like being that on display for anyone, much less someone he had feelings for. Because a guy like Ash didn't get feelings, at least not normally. So perhaps that's why he couldn't figure out what he was feeling now.

He saw her shiver and decided to give up his jacket, because he didn't mind the cold air and he knew she needed the warmth. "And I am very much not insane. When I planned this outfit, I was fully expecting to be hanging out in a bar, a place that most certainly would be temperature-controlled. How was I supposed to know that I would end up outside, on top of a cliff, at night?" At her words he outright laughed, clasping her shoulders before he moved to face her. "Millie, have you really been gone from here for that long?" He asked her, his tone teasing now that they weren't talking about the serious stuff anymore. "Don't you know you should always expect the unexpected?" He gave the girl a wink before he tucked his hands into the pocket of his jeans, glancing out over the cliff. "It's a beautiful view, though."

"How about we head back to my place? Order a pizza, watch a bad scary movie? For old time's sake? I think we both could benefit from getting out of this cold." He turned to look at her just as she gestured towards his bike. "I'm down for that." He told her, removing his hands from the pockets he'd tucked them into and throwing an arm around her shoulders instead. Leading her back towards the bike, he hopped on and brought the beast to life. Unable to help himself, he twisted in his seat to watch Millie climb on behind him, a grin appearing on his lips as she leaned against him to wrap her arms around him. "Hold on tight." His words came out softly, and he doubted she would hear them over the roar of the bike. But maybe they weren't meant for her to hear after all. He turned back to the front, giving her a few more seconds before he kicked the stand up and they were off.

The air was a lot colder blasting against him now that he didn't have his jacket on, but he wasn't going to complain. He drove them away from the cliff, back towards town, glancing down a few times to look back at Millie's hands still wrapped around him. He sighed softly, making sure to never look away from the road for too long. He led them towards her house, remembering where it was easily. Parking off to the side, he waited until she got off before he followed her, already missing her arms around him. "What do you think the others got into?" He asked as they headed inside, back into the warmth and out of the cold night air. He shut the door behind them and locked it, smirking as he looked around. "This place looks the same." He told her, fixing his attention back onto her. "So, what movie are we watching? Your pick."

/*do not remove credit*/

A change of topic was definitely in order, and Milana felt a sense of relief wash over her at the sound of Ash's laugh. Much like their relationship before, they couldn't really stay mad at one another. And so, the tension that once filled the air around them seemed to just melt away. She rolled her eyes at his words but said nothing. Sure, she had been back in town for a few months. But, she had been gone for quite a while, and things had definitely changed. Not just the people, but the town itself. Shops she used to frequent, restaurants she used to be a usual at, even her favorite library. All had been knocked down, closed, or replaced with something either Crimson Aces run or a new business in town that most certainly had no idea who they were dealing with. That was the thing about their small town: the Aces were behind practically any business that wasn't government-owned. Whether it was a front for money laundering, someone who bought in for gang protection, or a legitimate place opened by one of the members, there weren't many places in town that were free from the criminal organization. They were just smart and hid that all from the oblivious families that lived there alongside them.

Ash put his arm around her shoulders, the weight comforting and familiar. "I'm down for that," he answered, and Millie couldn't stop the feeling of joy that shot through her veins. As much as she wanted answers, wanted to be pissed off that he had abandoned her, it was getting progressively harder by the moment. That was Ash's charm, working away. She let him lead her back to his bike, waiting for him to climb on before straddling the machine behind him. Slipping her arms around his waist, her front was practically pressed against his back. It was a nice feeling, though Millie probably wouldn't admit it. She would claim it was just for warmth and safety instead. It wasn't long before they reached her apartment, perfectly positioned above her therapy office on the main street in town. Climbing the stairs, Millie unlocked the door and left it open for him to enter. She unzipped the jacket and slipped it from her arms, hanging it on the back of a nearby armchair before flipping on the lights. "Honestly, probably nothing good," she answered with a light launch. But Ash was right, Millie's apartment was exactly what someone who knew her would expect.

The walls were painted a calming off-white, with one being entirely made from exposed brick. The furniture was made of natural woods and light grey upholstery. Fluffy sherpa throw blankets were folded across the back of the couch, and a large TV sat on its stand across from it. There were floor-to-ceiling bookshelves built into one wall, each filled to the brim was novels and resources, fiction and non-fiction alike. An array of house plants and succulents line the sill of the large window overlooking the street below. The door to her bedroom was shut, one of her quirks. It was her personal space and she liked to keep it...Well...personal. Kicking off her heels, Millie left them haphazardly by the door as she pulled her phone from her pocket. "There's a new horror movie on Netflix I've been dying to watch," she answered, glancing at him with a grin. Moving towards the kitchen, she grabbed the TV remote and tossed it in his direction. "I'll order the pizza. Supreme, no olives, extra cheese still your favorite?" the blonde asked, typing the order into her phone and placing the order once he responded. Millie only momentarily disappeared into the kitchen before she returned, two bottles of beer, a bottle of bourbon, and two shot glasses in hand. Setting all down on the coffee table, she plopped back down onto the couch and smiled at Ash. "Care for a drink while we wait?"

the good girl

millie.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Everything about that moment was new for him, surprising even. As they moved towards her bed, Smoke didn't resist him, let him take the lead. It was almost as if she trusted him. And, after all the time they spent together, maybe she truly did. Jason knew that he should be happy about that, knowing it meant a step in the right direction for his actual assignment. If she trusted him, that was a surefire way to get in with the big man on top, to catch the eye of Shotgun and get closer to him. It was a way to get new intel, more classified information that he had been previously barred from even though he was more elevated in the hierarchy than when he had originally started. But, at that moment, the thought didn't even cross his mind. His allegiance with the government, the law, and the State Department had been increasingly waning since his time with the Aces. Maybe his handlers were right from the start, maybe he wasn't mentally capable of maintaining an undercover op. But who cared? He was just pleasantly surprised and content in knowing that the badass, intimidating, independent Smoke actually trusted him, her assigned bodyguard, and patched member. How many Aces members could say that, right?

Jace held his breath as he waited for the pretty brunette to respond, heart-racing and silently worrying that she would be the one to back out. But, Smoke instead smirked, silently watching him as she began to unzip her top. The brunette man's hazel grey eyes followed her fingers with bated breath. He knew before that he didn't want this to end, didn't want to back out. But now, he was absolutely certain. Smoke's words rang in his ears, and instead of immediately responding, Bear lifted her petite frame and gently tossed her onto the soft sheets of the bed behind her. His eyes never left hers as he paused, slipping his white t-shirt over his head. The skin beneath was painted with the dark ink of several tattoos. The shoulder and upper area of one arm along with the adjacent portion of his chest revealed a detailed armored design, similar to something like a gladiator or knight. The bicep of his other arm was covered with an intricate and impressive portrait of a male lion, mane and all, as its face pushed through the grasses of the savannah. If followed up to his just, in line with his collar bone and directly over his shoulder joint, the rugged scar of a bullet wound could be found.

Jason knelt onto the bed, moving until he hovered over Smoke. After a moment, a smirk of his own made its way onto his lips. "Does this answer your question?" he finally responded, his tone low and husky. Without waiting for an answer, he pressed his lips against hers once more. After their moment, Jace lay on his back, the sheets covering him from the waist down. His chest rose and fell heavily as he looked up at the ceiling, unable to help the grin on his face. The alcohol had begun to wear off, and the intruding thoughts of back-and-forth over the meaning and implications of what had just happened tried to force their way in. Maybe it was a little reckless, especially considering Smoke and Ink had just broken up a few hours before. Who knows how Ink, someone he didn't really know all that well, would respond if he were to find out. But Jace wouldn't let them, too content in that moment to let anything ruin his mood. Instead, he reached over and wrapped an arm around Smoke, gently pulling her to his side as he looked down at her once more with a smile. "So, are you feeling any better?"

the cop

jason.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

• how she's feeling...

content

Smoke

the leader's daughter

"Does this answer your question?"

Smoke’s eyes scanned the man in front of her and her breathing got instantly faster. Just as expected, his skin was covered in ink and the girl, lying on top of her sheets, was excited to see them from up close for the first time. Though not only tattoos were causing the chilling effect on her spine because as Bear knelt down and his large body covered hers, Smoke knew she was in, head over heels. There was no coming back from here, even if she wanted to and boy she did not want this to be over so soon. “Yes, it does.” she grinned but her answer dissolved in the steamy kiss which followed and bloomed into way more than just that.

It was quite a while later that Smoke pulled the sheets over her body, wrapping it around her to cover herself at least half decently. Her cheeks were rosy and her breathing was still not back to normal. Her forehead was covered with thin film of sweat and she craved shower though there was no way she was going to move any time soon. The sheets were way too comfortable and the warm body by her side was still luring her closer. Maybe she should have waited for a bit longer after the breakup was going to hurt less. But her ego got in the way and there was no chance Smoke was ever going to admit she was hurt by Brady’s words or actions.

A hand reached out and pulled Smoke closer. Her dark eyes met Bear’s and she offered him a warm smile, pressing her body to his. “Much better actually.” she hummed to his question, pressing her lips to his chest. Her fingers traced the armor tattoo, searing it in her memory. Her own body was covered in quite a few tattoos as well but for now, only crimson ace on her forearm, the intricate roses design on her left arm and small finger tattoos were visible. Smoke was not what one might call a cuddler so in a way, this was a new territory for her. She usually left right after she was done with anyone who took her home and there was rarely some pillow talk after.

“Do they mean something?” she asked, still focused on the pictures on his body. “Mine don’t. At least not all of them. I wish I had something meaningful though.” Smoke spoke quietly, just ranting really but it seemed right to her. It wasn’t like any heavy conversation was required. Her fingers moved to the lion and she rested her head on Bear’s shoulder, pressing a small kiss right under his jaw. “Maybe we could---” She never managed to finish the whole sentence as a loud bang echoed across the house which made the leader’s daughter jerk her head up. Immediately, she was alert. “What was that? No one’s home but us, so what the hell?” She rolled over, dropping her feet to the ground, ready to go and investigate.

?coded by uxie?

• how he's feeling...

happy, surprised

Ink

the hot-head

Never in a million years would Ink admit that he was not exactly fond of anything that had something to do with hospitals. Not even the little home treatment Juni was about to provide. Wanting to keep his bold face on, he told her he was a big boy and that a little alcohol on a cotton ball was not going to phase him. Yet upon the first contact with his torn skin, it stung so much that a series of cuss words left Ink’s lips and he then hissed, trying to contain the rest. In an attempt to focus on something else, Ink started to talk about the past and how much fun the two used to have. Him and Juni. It now seemed like eons ago.

They both had enough stress and drama for the night and honestly, all Ink wanted was to relax, turn his mind off and forget everything that had gone down before. And then he proposed a movie night for the old time’s sake because that used to be a source of comfort for them both. Brady didn’t see a reason why it could not be the same again. Juni wrapped his hand in bandages, instructing him how to take care of it further and he nodded. “I might just have another reason to come and visit.” he told her and stood up, inspecting the bandaged hand for a moment.

Before they left, her lips touched his cheek and the words of gratitude came from her. Actually rendered speechless, Brady stood there for a moment and smiled, nodding a little. “Anytime. I meant what I said, Juni. Every word.” And then he let her lead her across the house, up the stairs and to the kitchen. The house was quiet, dark, no one was there except the two of them. Or so Ink thought. He couldn’t have known about Smoke and Bear coming a bit earlier and his main focus was on his own evening. Juni started to look for popcorn immediately and Ink just stood there, watching her become a bit more loose. There was his girl. The one he remembered. Not the sad version from the basement.

Brady was brought out of his trance when she asked him to keep in eye on her. “Sure thing.” he grinned and moved closer to the counter. His hands went up and rested on her hips. He gripped her a little to give her the feeling of safety and waited for her until she rummaged for popcorn. Until something flew down and hit the counter with a loud clang, echoing in the silence of the house. “Fuck!” Brady breathed. “Almost got me a heart attack. You wanna kill me here, Dawson?” he laughed and looked at the can of pineapple rolling down the counter, landing on the floor with another thud. Ink waited for Juni to have popcorn in her hand and then pulled her down, spinning her in the air a little before setting her down. “Brady???” Through his own laughter, he never heard steps down the stairs so when the rough voice filled with disbelief sounded in the kitchen, his head jerked up. And there she was, standing in the door, only wearing a long white men’s t-shirt. “Smoke? What you’re doing home?”

?coded by uxie?

/*left side*/

escape the ordinary.

mood
shocked

outfit

mention
Ink/Smoke [ _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ; Bear [ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ]

/*right side*/

juniper

Earlier at the bar, Juniper had almost thought it would be impossible to feel the way she was feeling now that she was at home with Ink. She was glad that she'd decided to take him up on his offer, because besides Millie, he was the closest thing she had to a friend right now and she needed that more than she wanted to admit. Plus, if he wanted to come back every day so she could rewrap his hand, she wouldn't complain. She couldn't deny how she felt about Brady, how she'd always felt about him. But wasn't there a girl code about not dating your friends exes? Especially if they'd just broken up not even an hour ago? But then again, she and Smoke weren't really friends right now, were they? Nor did Juni think that Ink would want to jump into anything...

Realizing she was getting way ahead of herself, she just led him upstairs and climbed onto the counter to locate the popcorn. Unaware of the way he'd been looking at her, she stretched her body higher to look through the shelves for the familiar box, though her hand stilled when she felt his on her hips. Twisting some, she offered him a small smile from over her shoulder before she turned back to the cabinet. Accidentally knocking into the can of pineapple, it rolled off the shelf and hit the counter with a loud clang, causing her to jump and almost fall off the counter herself. Bursting into a fit of giggles that only intensified at Brady's curse and following words, she watched as the can rolled onto the floor, causing another loud thud. "Jesus." She breathed through her laughter, turning back to the cabinet and finally locating the box.

Ink pulled her down and spun her around and she laughed, clinging to him until her feet landed back on the ground. No sooner did they before a shocked voice filled the kitchen and her head whipped in the direction of the girl standing in the doorway to the hallway. Shit. All of her laughter faded and the smile slipped from her face as Ink asked what she was doing home. "Smoke..." Juni looked back at Ink and then back over at her former friend. The flashback from their fight at the bar appeared in her mind and she tightened her grip on the box of popcorn. Stepping away from Ink, Juni drew in a shaky breath before she walked a few steps in Smoke's direction. "Truce?" She asked, her voice soft, uncertain. "Listen, Smoke, I'm sorry. We were just going to watch a movie. Do you...?" She suddenly trailed off when a male figure stepped behind her, and Juni recognized Bear. Her eyes shifted back to Smoke, most certainly wearing a man's shirt. Oh. Oh, shit.

/*do not remove credit*/

/*left side*/

life is short. fuck it.

mood
relaxed

outfit

mention

/*right side*/

ash

Despite the tension from just a few short moments ago, he and Millie were quickly able to get things back to normal between them, and for that Ash was grateful. He didn't do well with tension or serious conversations, so how the hell Shotgun expected him to one day take over the Aces was beyond him. Honestly, Ash didn't want that kind of responsibility. There were plenty of people who would take Shotgun's place should he ever step down or god forbid, something happen. Being the leader of the Aces put a target on his back, but the old man was nothing if not resilient. He'd gotten out of very shitty situations more than once with only a few bruises and some scrapes, though that wasn't to say he'd never been seriously hurt. But the day he died would be a sad day for all.

Heading back to Millie's place, they stepped inside after she unlocked the door and he immediately started to look around. The place was exactly what he would expect for her, and he couldn't help the grin that appeared on his lips as he commented on it. He stepped closer to the bookshelves, tilting his head as he inspected the titles. "These sound boring as shit." He told her, even though he didn't recognize most of the titles. Chuckling, he turned as he heard her kick off her heels. There was something so subtly sexy about the movement that for a second, Ash forgot what he was going to say. Thankfully, she filled the silence as she told him about the horror movie she wanted to watch, and his grin returned. "Horror movie, eh? You need a big strong man to protect you from the slasher?" Outright laughing now, he caught the remote she tossed him and moved towards the couch.

"The hell is this?" He stopped when he saw the fluffy throw blankets, quirking a brow at them as he reached out to gently touch one. "Jesus, Millie, you're such a girl." Shaking his head, he tossed the blankets aside haphazardly before he plopped down, turning the TV on and waiting for the main screen to load up. "You remembered." He slid his gaze towards Millie, a lopsided grin on his face. "If you get olives, I'm throwing the whole thing out." He told her as she disappeared into the kitchen and he navigated the TV to netflix. She returned just as the program loaded, and he leaned forward when he saw what she was carrying. "You brought presents!" He told her, immediately reaching for the bourbon and shot glasses as she sat beside him. He unscrewed the lid and poured two shots, handing her one before he held up his glass. "To..." He paused for a second, obviously thinking of what to toast to. "New beginnings, or some cheesy shit like that." He shrugged, clinking his glass against hers and then downing the shot in one go.

/*do not remove credit*/

There was something surprisingly relaxing about living alone. Renting the apartment was the first time in her entire life that Millie had lived alone. Before that, it was either with her parents or with roommates. While she loved her parents, she needed her independence. They weren't stern or super strict. They trusted her and her choices. But, maybe they wouldn't if they knew what she did behind closed doors. Either way, she could only exist in their mundane lifestyle for so long before it began eating away at her. Milana needed more in her life than nightly dinners followed by watching the news, and finally, bed at the early time of 9 o'clock. When she was in college or living in roommates, it was almost the opposite. She and her friends would stay out until the wee hours of the morning, drinking and partying. Every night was a different place, but still, it was routine. The same thing night after night. Millie wanted spontaneity and danger, something to get her heart racing. She would never admit, at least not yet, that man sitting alongside her was the epitome of those things.

"They're blankets, Ash. You know, pieces of cloth you cover yourself with?" she shot back, rolling her eyes at him. "Of course I'm a girl. You act like it's a bad thing." Her teasing tone was followed by a light laugh. The screen of the TB was filled with the poster screen of the new horror movie, and Millie felt her heart speed up a bit in excitement. As stupid as it might sound, the thrill of watching a scary movie or a thriller could momentarily fulfill her need for excitement in her life. It wasn't everlasting by any means. But if she needed a quick fix, it was the easiest way to go. The blonde pulled her legs up onto the couch alongside her, bending her knees to tuck them beneath her. She then grabbed one of the blankets Ash had tossed aside, pulling it across her lap in an attempt to get more comfortable. Millie noticed Ash immediately reaching for the largest bottle of the three, quickly unscrewing it and pouring the amber liquid to the brim of the two shot glasses. "Why thank you, kind sir," she said in a bad British accent, taking the glass the dark-haired man held out to her. Before she could bring it to her lips, Ash began to speak, and she found herself pausing.

A toast wasn't an uncommon thing, but Millie found herself hoping that he would say something meaningful, maybe something sentimental. She held her breath for a moment as he paused, letting it out silently as he finished, "To new beginnings, or some cheesy shit like that." The therapist wasn't disappointed, knowing that that was as close as she was going to get with sentiment with Ash. She could at least be grateful for that. Raising her own glass, Millie clinked it against his and repeated his words, "To new beginnings." With that, the blonde threw back the shot, savoring the burning sensation of the smoky, bitter liquid as it traveled down her throat. Clicking the shot glass back onto the coffee table, she immediately grabbed the beer to chase the bourbon. "Ugh, I think it's safe to say my college days of alcohol-induced hazes are over," Millie said, wincing slightly. Her blue eyes found Ash once again, and she appraised him for a moment. Probably against her better judgment, she scooted over closer to him and leaned into his side, taking another sip from her beer. "You know, I really did miss you, Valencia."

the good girl

millie.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

If he were being honest with himself, Jason wouldn't have been surprised if Smoke's response to his question was snarky, sarcastic, maybe even cynical. In fact, he half-expected it. Sure, he felt connected to her on a much deeper level than previously. But he could never be sure if she would feel the same about him, let alone only a few hours after she had broken up very publically with her long-term boyfriend, and a few moments after they had just been together. He had told himself several times already that night it was only to help her feel better. It was his job to protect her, and he took that to heart in meaning both physically and emotionally. But lo and behold, Smoke looked up at him with a sweet smile, something he hadn't expected, and responded, "Much better actually." Her body was pressed even closer to his. Even though he was relatively warm, he didn't mind the additional body heat. He craved it. Everywhere Smoke touched left tingling sensations across his skin, and Jace leaned down to press a kiss atop her soft brunette hair.

"Good, I'm glad," he responded, watching as she lightly traced her fingertips over the black and gray images permanently etched into his skin. For a moment, she seemed rather entranced by them, and Jason found himself looking at hers as well. She had the quintessential crimson ace that all the important members of the town's major gang had. A beautiful bouquet of roses traced up her arm, and his green eyes followed them until he reached her face. He admired the feminine features she possessed, how much more relaxed they seemed now compared to her rough-and-tough usual nature and expressions. Her voice brought him back to the present, and Bear realized he had been staring. "Hmm?" he asked, taking a moment to ponder her question. "I suppose they do, he answered, "The armor is both a symbol of loyalty to my duty as well as a reminder to guard myself against my past. The lion is for courage and bravery in the face of adversity, all things I've needed before." His words were surprisingly honest, even to him, yet still vague enough to not raise suspicion of his true background.

Smoke leaned up to press a soft kiss against his jaw, and Jace tilted his head in an attempt to capture her lips. But before he could, a loud crash caught her attention. It wasn't long before the beautiful brunette was out of bed, throwing his white t-shirt over her petite frame. In most cases, he would try to stop her, ask her to come back to bed, and cuddle some more. But if she was right and they were the only ones home, then bodyguard mode would have to kick in. Jace quickly stood from the bed, grabbing his black denim jeans from a pile on the ground. He slipped them back on, leaving his chest bare before following Smoke out the door and down the stairs. He wasn't about to let her go out there alone, especially if there might be danger in the house. They made their way downstairs into a basement-type area when Smoke paused in the door. "What is it?" Jason asked quietly, stepping forward to peer around the corner. For a moment, when he saw Ink and Juni, he was relieved. And then, the gravity of their situation hit him. Oh shit.

the cop

jason.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

• how she's feeling...

shocked and confused

Smoke

the leader's daughter

Never being one for the feelings, Smoke was rather surprised how much she was able to relax when Bear was in her bed. The two were friends, he always made sure she was safe and while she could take care of herself well enough, it was always pleasant to know there was someone having her back. It was typical for the Aces to care about each other. They were like brothers and sisters in arms, they made sure the other was safe and had something happened to one of them, the rest of the gang was immediately on foot to avenge that person, no matter how big the offence was. And that’s how Smoke felt around Jace. She would trust him with her own life and while this was not her first fling, it was the first after way too long time after which she actually wanted to stay and cuddle, feel each other’s warmth, savor a few cute moments, kisses and hugs and just be present in the moment.

Her fingers danced around his tattoos and she grew curious about them. Her own peaked from under the sheets, smoke on her back being the largest of them. But none of her skin pictures had such a deep feeling. The ace was for the Aces, of course. Roses were her favorite flowers. Smoke represented her as a person. The thigh tattoos were something she found really cute and the finger, that was just something she considered badass. So when Jace explained his own ink, Smoke looked at him with an intrigued glimmer in her eyes. “They’re beautiful.” she whispered and leaned closer for another kiss when that noise echoed through the house, ruining the moment for them both. Under any other circumstances, Smoke wouldn’t even care but now, when she was sure they were alone, the sound raised a whole lot of suspicion, enough for her to leave the bed and prance down the stairs, wearing only Bear’s t-shirt.

Imagine her surprise when she entered the kitchen and saw a happy couple twirling around. She came in just in time to see Brady set Juni down. They both wore the happiest faces and Smoke was positively confused. “What I’m doing home? Dude, I live here. What are YOU doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be meeting dad?” she asked, trying her hardest to ignore the jealous pang inside her stomach. Juni started to talk, offering truce or some bullshit like that and then she went on with something that sounded awfully like an invitation. “You were going to watch a movie, huh?” she breathed, still trying to understand what she was looking at. But then Bear entered after her, inquiring what was going on and that was when the shit really went down. Simply because Brady couldn’t be a normal person. Not just once in his life. “I swear to god, Ink. You make one more step and I’ll cut you myself.” Smoke warned him but when that ever stopped her ex?

?coded by uxie?

• how he's feeling...

enraged

Ink

the hot-head

This whole evening seemed like from a bad movie until the point Juni agreed to spend the night with him, watching a movie. Childhood was definitely gone but it didn’t mean the two couldn’t revisit that stuff and just remind themselves how it felt when they had no adult problems, when life was literally simpler. And it didn’t even matter what they watched, a comedy, some B-class slasher or even some cheesy romantic shit. It was never about that but about the fact they did it together, hated on the movie or commented the fun stuff and sometimes even recited the lines if it was the movie they had seen way too many times already. It was their together time when they could be just the kids. Not gangsters, not Aces, not anything else. Just kids.

They fooled around in the kitchen, laughing and making way too much noise. Who cared anyway? The house was empty, everyone was in the clubhouse anyway so these two could have a fucking rave here and no one would know. Of course, Brady had absolutely no idea about what was happening upstairs so when he heard the voice from the doorway, he flinched and even more so when he saw his now ex girlfriend standing there only wearing some long shirt that was definitely not hers. Or for women for that matter. He asked her immediately what she was doing at home but she was her usual self and turned it against him. “Oh please, Shotgun will understand. I brought Juni home after you attacked her.” he snapped and was ready to go on but Juni interfered and then someone else did as well.

When Bear stepped from around the corner, Ink narrowed his eyes in confusion. Only when he realized that the man was not wearing a shirt and Smoke was wearing one way too big for her, he managed to connect the dots. “So that’s why you’re at home.” he commented dryly. “Didn’t take you too long, Marisol.” he added, taking a few steps towards the couple. “I swear to god, Ink. You make one more step and I’ll cut you myself.” Smoke spoke but Ink was not the one to be stopped by her. By anyone really. “And here I was thinking you were just a chill guy who wanted to play pool. I guess I was not the right partner to play with balls, was I?” Ink snarked. “How long have you been fucking? You were just waiting for tonight, weren’t you, Jason?” Out of nowhere, a fist flew up, landing on Bear’s jawline. While Jace was bigger than Ink, it didn’t mean the tattooed male didn’t pack a punch. He lunged himself on the shirtless man and ignored whatever Smoke was trying to say, shoving her away in the process. The girl landed on her butt but Ink didn’t care. He had more pressing matters to deal with as his fists was flying again.

?coded by uxie?

/*left side*/

escape the ordinary.

mood
angry

outfit

mention
Ink/Smoke [ _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ; Bear [ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ]

/*right side*/

juniper

The fight between Juniper and Smoke had really hurt, and not just physically. Juni wasn't really a fighter, she didn't care for fighting and that altercation with Smoke had probably been the worst she'd ever been in. Sure, she'd seen plenty of fights especially in her time working at the prison but being in one was a totally different story, especially considering that Smoke used to be one of Juni's best friends. And now, looking at her in the kitchen, all Juni wanted was to bury the hatchet. But apparently, that was definitely not going to happen. Once Juniper realized who followed Smoke to the kitchen, things just happened way too fast. Again. Bear walked up behind Smoke shirtless, and behind Juni, Ink connected the dots just as fast. He made a snarky comment towards Smoke and took a step towards the other two, turning his comments towards Bear now.

And then he hit him. Fists started flying, and Juni watched in horror as Brady shoved Smoke, the girl landing on her ass a few feet away. "Smoke!" Despite everything, Juniper flew to Smoke's side, quickly giving her a onceover, looking for injuries. Seeing nothing pressing, Juni lifted her gaze to Smoke's face. "You okay?" She asked her, but the other girl had little time to answer before a crash was heard behind them. Juni's head snapped in the other direction looking back at the fight, where one of the guys had just shoved the other into the table. "Fucking... christ!" Juniper pushed herself to her feet, a sudden wave of anger crashing over her. "STOP IT!" She screamed at the two men, who clearly could not hear her over the sounds of their own fight. Juniper was so sick of the fucking fighting.

Although the blonde knew better than to try and interject herself, that didn't stop her from doing it. She grabbed Ink's shirt, trying to tug him away from Bear, but to no avail. "Brady!" She shouted again, letting go of his shirt and instead throwing her arms around him. On the other side of the fight, Smoke was trying to pull Bear away, but it was nearly impossible to pull the two fighting males apart. Juni wracked her brain, trying to think of something she could do, just as something connected with her face. Suddenly her face was stinging again and she stumbled backwards, lifting her fingers to her cheek, pulling them away bloody. "Not again..." She groaned, looking around the kitchen. She spotted a glass bowl in the dish drainer and suddenly lunged for it, grabbing it and then throwing it on the ground. "Stop... fucking... FIGHTING!"

/*do not remove credit*/

/*left side*/

life is short. fuck it.

mood
relaxed

outfit

mention

/*right side*/

ash

Ash eyed the blankets that Millie was talking about, wrinkling his nose as he did so. "I know what a blanket is, but that, is not it." He smirked as he looked in her direction, watching as she pulled her legs up underneath of her to get ready for the movie. She grabbed one of the frilly blankets to throw over her, and he reached for the liquor instead to warm him from the inside out. Cracking a grin at her bad accent, he just gave her a mock two finger salute. She looked like she was about to down the shot already, but he wanted to toast, and she paused when he started talking. Though his toast was mostly sarcastic, there was some truth to it as well, cheesy as the words themselves were. She clinked her glass against his and they both threw back their shots.

She then reached for a beer as a chaser, and he grinned again as he leaned back in his seat, his eyes traveling from the movie over to Millie again. "So that's what you were doing at college, and somehow you managed to get an education as well. In my eyes, that's pretty damn good." Their eyes met and for a moment, neither of them said a thing. Then out of nowhere, she moved closer and leaned into his side, and he felt her warmth even through his clothes. "You know, I really did miss you, Valencia." The words for some reason hit him hard, and even though she'd turned her attention back to the movie, he couldn't look away from her. Subtly leaning closer, he inhaled the scent of her shampoo and the scent that was just her. To his surprise, it was something his body and mind seemed to remember.

"I missed you too, Millie." The words were soft but serious, and he seemed to realize just how serious they were a moment later because he continued. "But I mean, who wouldn't miss us? We're pretty kick ass people." His lips curled into another one of his signature smirks, but his arm crept around her shoulders and drew her closer. He had no issue wanting to be close to her, and if she wanted to curl up beside him he was definitely not going to complain. "Alright, come on, share that blanket thing." He told her after a few minutes, kicking off his shoes and moving to stretch out along the couch. He shifted her so that she was in front of him, and gently guided her to lay instead of sit. Then he grabbed the blanket and threw it over both of them, resting his head on his hand as the music in the movie picked up and his hand rested on her side. "Ooh, someone is about to die." He whispered into her ear, laughing softly afterwards.

/*do not remove credit*/

Earlier that night, Milana was absolutely furious with Ashton Valencia. She had left to pursue her dreams, and he had punished her for it by not speaking to her for over fives years. Even when she returned home to take care of her family and start her business, she didn't hear from him. She had all but thought their friendship was through until he approached her that evening. But in true Ash form, his snark and wit charmed her, and Millie couldn't possibly stay mad at him. Not even if she wanted to. Deep down, she knew there was more to it than just a friendship bond. As a therapist, she also knew it was important to address those feelings. But as a person, the blonde wasn't quite sure if she could. And by the looks of it, Ash wasn't about to address whatever feelings he might have either. And so, she squelched them, falling back into the back-and-forth, snarky banter that kept them going all those years before she left. It was what worked for them, at least for now until they could finally come to terms with whatever thoughts and emotions were swirling through their thick heads.

Taking another sip from the ice-cold beer she held, Millie tilted her head so that it rested on Ash's shoulder. Her eyes were focused on the movie, despite the racing of her heart. Whether it was from the alcohol she had drunk that night, the warmth of her apartment, or being close with the dark-haired man alongside her, she wasn't sure. But it felt nice, felt right. When she had said that she missed him, she didn't expect a response. Partly because she knew Ash and his repulsion to all things mushy, and partly because she didn't think he felt the same way. After all, if he had missed her all those years, wouldn't he have called? Or at least checked in on her in one way or another? She could feel his eyes on him in the silence but continued to watch the movie. So, her breath caught in her throat for a moment when she heard him, returning the sentiment that she didn't expect. The tone of his voice was unexpectedly soft and genuine, contradictory to his usual sarcastic nature. For a moment, Millie actually believed he was serious. That is until she looked up and saw his signature smirk followed shortly by his word.

"Right," the blonde answered, drawing out the 'I' sound and rolling her eyes just as sarcastically. She nevertheless let him pull her closer, enjoying the feeling of warmth his body offered as it wrapped around her own. She sat her beer on the coffee table as he moved them to lay down on the couch under her blanket. Millie rested her head on one of her throw pillows, snuggling in. For the first time in a long time, she felt comfortable, safe, and, though she probably wouldn't say it out loud, at home. Though she was acutely aware of Ashton behind her with his hand on her side, she forced her attention back to the TV where the horror movie played out. Ashton's breath on her ear caused her to turn on her back to face him. "Careful there, Ash. The pretty blonde lead usually makes it out alive. But I can't say the same for the handsome comic relief," she teased with a smirk. Something about laying together on the couch, cuddled up under a blanket with her blue eyes staring into his made the moment seem intimate, a little too heavy for Millie. So, she bit her lip and turned back on to her side to face the TV, hoping Ash hadn't caught the look on her face before she could hide it.

the good girl

millie.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

It was primal animal nature for males to fight over their prospective mates. Mountain gorillas defended their partners by charging or beating on their chests. Wolves are responsible for guarding the den and hunting for food. Hell, even crows mated for life. It was a tale as old as time, and somehow, humans had adapted it into their own world to be a societal norm. Jason had never really subscribed to that way of thinking. He had worked with some of the most badass women in the world, either at the state department or back when he was a detective back in New Orleans. He had seen an officer drop a man twice her size with one punch. Hell, he had seen Smoke take on multiple guys twice her size in sparring matches. So, Jace most certainly knew that she didn't need him to protect her. Sure, he had pretty much been assigned by those higher up the totem pole as her bodyguard. But it was more in the sense of taking bullets for her than fighting for her. That being said, this situation wasn't about protecting a mate.

Ink and Smoke had just broken up, but was their relationship ever real to begin with? No, this was more about a point of pride, and Ink looked absolutely furious. Smoke's sharp voice gave the dark-haired man a strict warning, but he wasn't listening. He took a few steps closer to them, and Jace instinctually squared his shoulders, making himself larger while also bracing himself. "It's not like that, Ink. This is the first time this has happened," he responded, keeping his tone even. His brain kicked into overdrive, trying to force him into the thought process of a cop, a negotiator. But, he couldn't let that override what they all expected him to be: a gangbanger. The alcohol had almost entirely worn off, but that didn't mean Jace could stop Ink's fist from connecting with his jaw. He had expected it, sure. Ink was pissed, that was plain to see. But what right did he have? They broke up. Yes, it was literally that night. But they were still separated. Bear hoped that one hit would be enough for Ink to get it out of his system. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Out of the corner of his eye, Bear saw Smoke fall to the ground. But he was too engrossed in protecting himself from the hot-head's punches and throwing his own to stop and help her. His fist connected with the side of Ink's head, barely below his temple.

They moved around the room, no doubt leaving chaos and destruction in their paths. It seemed as though every time he landed a hit, he took one as well. The police academy had trained him in hand-to-hand combat well, but the streets had taught Ink just as well. They were evenly matched. "Come on, man. Just let it go!" Jace tried to reason with him, shoving Ink's shoulders hard only for him to hit the table and send a vase crashing to the ground where it shattered into several pieces. At that point, it seemed as though nothing would stop the fray. That is until a loud smash stopped Bear in his tracks. It sounded almost like a window shattering, for a moment bringing him back to the day his life changed, the day he got the bullet wound scar etched into the skin of his chest just below his shoulder. He froze for a moment, turning to see Juniper with a shattered bowl at her feet. Everything came rushing back, and his eyes immediately searched the kitchen for Smoke. Stepping over to her, he appraised her as he asked, "Are you alright?"

the cop

jason.

♡coded by uxie♡

• how she's feeling...

shocked and confused

Smoke

the leader's daughter

The fight between Smoke and Juni was bad. Even the brunette knew that it went too far but her ego would not let her say it out loud. Smoke was still hurt by being left alone just like that and while she understood Juni’s reasons, she felt betrayed for being left hanging. And no contact, no phone call, not even one fucking message. Well, fuck you too, Juni. You wanna stop being friends? FINE! Those were Smoke’s thoughts at first but then she tried to get rid of them by focusing on other pleasures. And damn, she had a lot of them. But now the girl was back. Not only that, she had Ink protecting her like a porcelain doll. Sure, maybe Smoke and Brady weren’t the perfect match and they both knew it but it hurt to hear his breakup speech in front of Aces. Maybe it was for the best as it led to other events that made Smoke essentially happier but seeing him again, so happy with Juniper, laughing as he never laughed with her, it brought the petty bitch back. So what that she was standing there wearing another man’s shirt? So what that Bear was behind her all shirtless? Brady was humiliating her, sticking it in her face how she never made him this happy.

And from there, shit went down so fast Smoke could barely react. Ink was like a wildfire, once he started, there was no way of stopping him. As much as Smoke tried, she was not strong enough. Ink shoved her back, making her fall on her ass. The fall was so sudden it knocked her air a little and she was in for a nice bruise across her rear. “I’m FINE!” she growled at Juni and got back to her feet. Just a while ago, she and Bear were having the most amazing moment and now she watched the scene unfold in front of her that made her blood boil. Her Spanish nature brought her back to her feet and she approached the fighting couple, ignoring the fact of her attire being almost nothing. Juni was there as well, trying to pull the men apart and Smoke attempted to help. But it was as if she was trying to split the mountain in a half. “Fucking stop!” she cried out, not that it helped. The two kept wrestling, leaving destruction and ruins in their wake as they stumbled around the room. Desperation was washing over the girl and she hated Ink for ruining her night this much.

A loud smash sounded in the room and even Smoke flinched as the gloss hit the ground. Well, Juni had a good idea and the fight stopped. Both males let go and Smoke looked around the kitchen which now looked like a warzone. “Fuck…” the girl breathed, rubbing her face just as Bear approached her, asking her if she was alright. “Yeah. Yeah, I’m fine,” she breathed and looked up at her bodyguard. His face was going to look like a skittles advert the next day. Fucking Brady did a number on him. “I’m so sorry, Jace,” she whispered, letting her fingers trace the bruises before walking towards the freezer. She grabbed an ice pack and wrapped it in a kitchen towel before pressing it against those bruises on Jason’s face. “I never meant for this to happen. I’m so, so sorry,” she repeated as her other hand rested on his bare chest. Ink shot some comment her way which she didn’t understand properly but just a sound of his voice caused her head to jerk in his direction, shooting daggers out of her eyes. “You ruin everything you touch,” she spoke in a quiet but venomous tone. “I wish my father left you to die on that road.”

“Is that a way to talk to family, Marisol?” The voice drained all blood from her face and her eyes were wide as saucers. She turned around, her hand holding the ice pack shaking. Her dark eyes met another pair, the very same one she had and she was staring at Shotgun Valencia and a few other high ranking members of Crimson Aces. “This is why the two of you missed the meeting? To turn my house into trenches?” he asked, his voice rumbling in the room. “What the fuck do you have to say for yourselves?"

?coded by uxie?

Last edited:

• how he's feeling...

enraged

Ink

the hot-head

Smoke and Brady were never meant to be. Ink saw it now. There was nothing between them, just a momentary attraction which lasted for less than a month. She was an amazing lover and he had his qualities as well. Bed was literally the only place they ever clicked so why they decided to start dating, that was a mystery. It might have been that sense of pride that he spent his life living in Shotgun’s house and he also scored one of his heirs. His ego clouded his judgement and now Brady knew he shouldn’t have been that greedy. Smoke was infamous for not dating men very often. If she did, it had to be some dude. The girl was no smitten kitten and Ink himself was not the faithful type. When the words of breakup left his lips in the clubhouse, he felt lighter and relief was washing over him as if he finally got rid of a concrete block weighing him down. Not that Smoke was that concrete block. Their suffocating toxic relationship which led literally nowhere was.

Reunion with Juniper showed him where his heart wanted to go and that pairing made way more sense. It wasn’t making him nauseous or anxious and things were way more natural with Juni. Smoke was a loose cannon and he never knew where he stood with her. With Juni, his beautiful childhood friend Juni, Brady felt at home. Their evening and night was about to become way better and for the first time in a long time, Ink had no ulterior motives. He was ready to keep it light and see where the situation would take them. But then Smoke appeared in the kitchen and right there behind her, the very same man Brady had started a pool game with earlier that night. His blood boiled immediately and it was just as if a bull saw a red flag. Brady didn’t usually care who Smoke slept with. She was free to whore around the way she wanted but he hated when she rubbed it in his face. Just like now. It was not about him caring for her or still being in love with the girl. His pride was hit and his ego got the better of him so he lost his head and attacked.

Nothing could stop him now. Ink was like a train running full speed. His body crashed against Bear’s and his fist connected with his face. It was the very same hand Juni had just wrapped in soft bandages but Ink didn’t care. Bear returned every blow but in his raging fit, Brady barely felt it and kept hitting the big man everywhere he could. They wrestled and stumbled around, there was simply no clear winner because they both refused to give up and just kept raining hits down on each other while ruining the whole room. Brady never saw Juni or Smoke trying to pull them apart, he only saw Bear and he saw his as the reason why Smoke… Fuck, he shouldn’t care. He had Juni and they had a good thing going. He should be glad someone took that crazy brunette off his hands. But that was not in his nature. And only when he heard a loud sound ringing in his ear, he finally let go, breathing heavily as he looked at the face of a man in front of him. His eyes found Juni and he immediately saw the blood on her face. His eyes shot wide open and he felt sick. “Juni…” he breathed and approached the girl, touching her cheek. “When…?” he asked. “Happy now, Marisol?” he asked quietly. “You managed to ruin everyone’s night,” he spat at her but her words back stung way more. Brady was ready to start another verbal abuse with her but the voice which hit his ears then stopped him.

“Wayne…” he stuttered, seeing a man he used to call dad standing in the kitchen. Ink wiped his bloody nose and ran his fingers through his hair. “It’s not…”

”If you’re going to tell me it’s not what it looks like, Brady,don't even bother,” Shotgun growled. “You two…” he looked at the fighters. “Why did you fight?” he asked and grabbed a chair to take a seat. His eyes found his daughter by the shirtless man and he connected the dots immediately. Her face looked like she came from a war as well and so did Juni’s. “Is there anyone in this damn household who was not in the fight tonight? And where the fuck is my son?!”

?coded by uxie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back