• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Crime/Mystery [Police Force] - Detective Partners RP

SilverBlack

Endless Dreams
Ryuu Hideyoshi
Police Chief/Detective
A crime/mystery roleplay

"I'm getting ready now. Yes, ya ass, I'm awake now and is putting my damn clothes on. You keep that guy cuffed right there and wait for me. I'm coming soon. Look like we finally made some progress with this crime."

Genre:
Modern, real-life/slice-of-life (no fantasy elements) Mystery, Crime, gore, police force, action, romance.

Looking for partners who are: Literate. Each reply should be 2 paragraphs minimum, and 3-5 paragraphs preferred. I am hoping for my partners can be patient, can understand that sometimes that I take forever to reply, and can at least wait a week before reminder. I am also hoping that my partners don't mind extremely long read as a reply--I already have a starter prepared for this roleplay, and it's extremely long (4-5 google doc pages long, simply because it is an introduction that starts the story off.)

The setting will take place in Tokyo, Japan. No, your character does not have to be Japanese.

I’m looking for a partner, a partner who’d work alongside my muse, a police chief, both famous and infamous, to solve crimes together--simple crimes, to complicated ones, even to ones that will start to connect to them personally. Someone who’s just as passionate with crime stories and novels as me. Along the way, I’m hoping for romance to develop between our characters. However, crimes and mystery plot always come first. The reason I have to re-post this is because my previous partners focus way too much on romance instead of the plot, and not really interested in the crime aspect of the roleplay itself. (It may be my fault on the way I wrote the post before so I fixed it this time though heh.) I hope this time, my partners will be different.
Note however that if you want solely crime, that romance does not have to be an absolute necessity. I just like romance and always like to have it as an extra sprinkle in my roleplay, after all.

What follows now is not a starter, but more so a character introduction. It’s quite a read seeing it’s not a starter, but I hope you all can enjoy it and possibly catch some interested partners!

------

"Don't even plan on leaving until we sorted out all the possible suspects, y'all--who dares to leave will be cuff'ed to their desks for the rest of the week. Don't worry, breakfast's on me tomorrow."

They call him lazy, but at the same time responsible. They frown at him, but also look up to him. They complain about him, but respect him all the same.
He has a mustache that seems to grow faster with each time he shaves. Nonetheless, he does shave. There is always a cigarette that dangles loosely between his lips, sometimes filling the office with its light tobacco smell. He acts lousy, dumping documents around, and resides in his personal office. However, his own apartment is clean, and he keeps his things more organized than people would've guessed. He himself is handsome, a charming man of 34 years old with dark, brown short hair, due to the western genes he shared with his mother, but otherwise appears straight-up Asian. He's attractive to both males and females, younger and older, alike. People even call him sexy.

"Boss! Did you just dump all these work on us?! You're such a douchebag!"

"Hmm? Did I just hear douchebag! Look like someone's getting some extra work tonight--"

People regard their relationships with him as both a combination of love and hate. He may be the boss to his subordinates, but the way they talk seem to hold little boundaries. They're close. He's almost like their fatherly figure. He joked before that they are his children too.

He himself is an asshole subordinate to the higher-ups above him, speaking to them the same way his own ones speak to him. No restraint, no manner.

A lousy boss with his lousy subordinates. Often time, people want to give him a good huge smack on the face. But they still talk to him, still have him around--to chill with, to laugh with, to fight along with.

Because he, as the chief police officer, has earned their respect. His personality--blunt, laid-back, open-hearted--has easily attracted people. He is at the same time responsible and brave, determined, hardworking--the man people seek to fight against the injustice. Though he may act as an asshole, throwing work around, being a lazy ass himself, people who have worked with him for a long time know the burden he took upon himself behind the surface, making sure every thing is executed out correctly. He is sharp, cautious, and doesn't accept failures. With each crime, each organization, he is determined to capture the criminal, the mastermind.

And with each angry glare he received from his co-workers for acting like an ass, he developed double the friendship with them with each crime they managed to defeat together---under his harsh orders and guidance. Their bonds deepened.

His name is Ryuu Hideyoshi. An asshole. A leader.
---

I hope you're able to grasp a basic idea of my character's personality so far. I'm bad at typing those typical "bio-sheet," I prefer introducing them in paragraphs, a story-telling fashion.
Some bonus stuffs about him--he’s a good cook and repairman, secretly pretty caring, doesn’t like to show, you can call him a tsundere, haha. These don’t fit in well with my character introduction so I’ll just add it here. XD

Now, to move on to the setting I plan for this roleplay to start with:

The crime rate lately has increased rather abnormally. Each crime is easy to deal with, and each suspect easily captured, with each one seemingly unrelated to each other. But by the rate it is happening, so fast, at the same time, the police team couldn't help but suspect something major is going on. That's when the crimes start to get even more complicated--serial killing begins, mass disappearance, mass suicide---
It is up to your character and mine to work together these crimes out.

Mind it, for this roleplay, I'm not looking for police x criminal type of stuffs. I’m looking for someone to work with mine as comrades, to solve crimes together. Yes, it may take away the fun that other settings would have created, but I’m judging by Ryuu’s personality and his realistic standards that those other settings will unlikely work for him. I’m fine with any settings for your character, be it another person from the police force, some criminologist/psychologist/forensic scientists whatever you wanna be, or a key witness whatsoever. Also, Ryuu is bi-sexual. which means he's open to both gay and straight relationship.

Note, you may have figured it out so far, that the roleplay will be story-orientated. Meaning, romance will happen like how you add salt to a meal. But for salt and pepper to be a need the food has to be there first. I hope I can find partners who are /equally passionate/ in developing a crime story as I am, using creativity and imagination to add details and ideas into it. If possible, and if the roleplay goes well, I would love to actually write it into a mystery crime novel.

Yes, a repeat, this will solely be a realistic modern story without any fantasy elements into it. Yes, I want everyone to be human. I don’t want to see fantasy to be the truth to a crime. This is actually very rare for me since I mostly do roleplay fantasy. But I just want this one to stick with realism. Ryuu comes from such a world where supernatural or fantasy stuffs are usually out of his boundaries, even if that kind of stuffs do exist in the same universe as him.

One last thing: cause previously when I posted this post I got a couple of these types of characters--innocent, naive, simply craving for love/fan-service, childish---and contributes nothing to the plot. Please don’t be that one. I hope we can all be equally mature here. You wise, character wise.

I MAY SOUND LIKE I REQUIRE A LOT OF STUFF, BUT IT’S ACTUALLY REALLY NOT THAT BAD I SWEAR. I JUST WANT TO RESTATE A COUPLE OF POINTS AND THESE HUGE PARAS, if you haven’t noticed, is actually just me rephrasing the same stuffs in different words. Basically,

1) crime/story-orientated, with bonus romance.If you realize hey, I’m interested, but romance is just impossible for me cause I want no love, THAT’S FINE TOO ACTUALLY.
2) Romance can happen, but you have to remember: it’ll always be crime > romance.
3)Please contribute to the roleplay, not so much on the romance aspect, the crime writing aspect. My previous experience is me writing up all the crimes and receiving little or no ideas on the other end, so that’s why I keep restating this. It hurts my feelings when I'm the only one equally enthusiastic about coming up with crime scenes, you know.

One last thing, I may include a lot of side characters if we do roleplay this. Note that Ryuu is a police chief, with a team he orders around, with various subordinates. I include them often in this roleplay.

If you’re interested--Please at least let me have ONE PARTNER WHO’S INTERESTED IN HIM TO WORK TOGETHER TO CREATE THIS ROLEPLAY AFTER ALL THESE things I say--please PM or comment! We can discuss plot further, and I can send a starter.

Once again, I repeat that I may be a rather slow roleplay partner. This is due to my RL busy schedule and family issues. Please don't quit on me if I haven't replied in a week. If you are that type, then we may not be suitable partners.

40606996_869361593260136_5170023288641945600_n.jpg

I’m sorry to have bothered you with this long stuffs, I hope I’m worth this brief moment of attention if you’ve reached this far (and I love you if you have), I pray I’ll get someone interested (RYUU IS A LOVELY MAN I PROMISE), and I wish you all a good day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back