• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Crazy and the Beast

"I knew If someone could help, it would be Macon", Minuet sighed relieved, standing up as well. "He's one of the angels who helped us back then..." Minuet spread his right wing, the white one, and looked at it for a moment. "He's also the one who gave me back my freedom..." He smiled a small smile at Harper and nodded.
As they arrived in Alex' room, his smile softened upon seeing her peacefully asleep. "Oh honey...", he sighed relieved and softly put a black bracelet with a red ruby heart around her wrist, the same on his wrist. "You lost this one...", he whispered, carefully stroking a streak of hair out of her face and planting a kiss on her forehead. "Get well you hag", he chuckled softly.

"..."
Rain looked at the girl pitifully. He couldn't say he knew how she felt about her seemingly sudden death, after all he had known that he'd be dead the next second, but at least he knew how it felt to be invisible.
He softly put a hand on her shoulder, a feeling that he had almost forgotten- touching someone. In fact... I fact grew had never really touched someone before. All his life, as long as he could remember, he had lived in the psychiatry, without any contact to other people, and after his death he could of course forget about that. It was a nice feeling though...
"Please, take a deep breath", he said gently. "They can't hear nor see us. It has no use to scream. I'm sorry."
He sighed silently and looked to the floor for a moment, before looking at the girl again. "I'm sorry I have to tell you this but... you are dead."

Harper stayed near the door, leaning against the wall. She didn't care much for hospitals. All the wires, machines, and tubes reminded her too much of her days in the infirmary at the asylum. There were a lot of them. She watched the way Minuet doted over Alex and it warmed her heart. They obviously cared for each other deeply and had a very special bond. It made her think of Lucian again, and their own very special bond. One that lasted over lifetimes. She hoped he was okay out there... "Rain mentioned something about Macon before, when we were at the restaurant." Harper said, watching them with her head tilted. "What exactly happened?"

Lea stilled, still staring at her hand. His words registered somewhere in the back of her mind, and sort of made sense. After all, she saw herself die. Saw those doctors give up on her too soon, or maybe she had just been brought into the hospital too late. The nurse had covered her head with a sheet, leaving her body for whoever came to collect them afterwards. A deep heavy sigh left her lips, and she closed her eyes tightly. "I was just walking to my car. Going home. This guy jumped me, bit me." She reached up to touch her neck, her eyes still closed. "I don't understand why this is happening."

Minuet sat down on a chair beside Alex' bed, his elbows resting on his thighs, and ran one hand through his messy hair.
"It's a long story", he warned Harper.
Looking down at Alex, he smiled softly.
"Well, I guess you know by now that I'm a demon. We can enter this world, but we have to be summoned to do so, and wet can easily be sent back with a demon trap and an exorcism.
It's a chaos down in hell. Some demons are fighting eachother to be summoned earlier, it's all like a giant queue.
And there are places that are popular, and less popular. A demon would kill his own brother to be summoned in Africa, but there's one place...
It's the Eldrich-Mansion.
Witches are living there since millennia already, and this certain family is known for their cruelty.
However i was born on earth. My mother and my father had both been summoned by a very old witch that died a few years later. When a demon is summoned, it's bound to the summoner, as a guard, a servant... everything the summoner wants, and when the summoner dies, or the object that's used to bind the demon is destroyed, He's free.
After the death of their summoner, my parents built their own little house in the forest, around 360 years ago.
And only six years later, their firstborn was born. Me. Ten years later my little twin-brothers and another five years later my little sister. We were a good, happy family. Mom worked as a shop assistant, dad taught us everything about nature. How to find water, which plants to eat, never to hunt an animal with babies because that would kill the little ones too...
Well, one day, I just came home from fishing, mom came running and told me to hide. So i did, and she ran off again. But when I heard her screaming, I went to look what's going on.
There they were. Two witches. They killed my family, slaughtered them like animals. All of them, excepting me. I was taken away to the Eldrich-mansion and bound by Myra, Morgana' s mother... Alex' great grand aunt.
She was a gruesome master, but her daughter was nice to me. At least until her mother passed away. Murdered by a demon who still had a bone to pick with her.
Morgana became even more sadistic than Myra. she had that whip. She always dipped it in holy water before using it on me...
I couldn't stand it anymore... So I tried to escape, but she caught me... and to punish me, and make sure I'd never fly away again..." He pointed at his wings.
"She cut one off, then sent me to hell with an exorcism. I was the underdog down there, of course, after all I had never been there before, but at least i was free from Morgana.
Then, about three years ago, a gate to the Eldritch-mansion opened again. A demon pushed me in, so it would close again- better me than him, y'know.
Alex had accidentally performed the summoning ritual. She didn't even know she's a witch. But I recognized that redhead. The same as Myra and Morgana. I hated her. I almost killed myself to get away from her, but... but she was different."
He smiled softly, gazing at Alex with deep love in his eyes.
"She could have forced me to do everything she'd please, but she treated me as an equal.
A few of my brothers, Well, other demons, tried to break the eight seals that keep hell where it is and belongs. They wanted to bring the apocalypse. Alex went to stop them, while I was on the demons' side. But since I was bound, I had to help her. The seals all broke, and lastly we had no choice than to pick a fight with Lucifer. Alex, me, Lucian and rain. our chances were slim, we knew that, but...i died. But a friends of Alex, an angel named Avia, sacrificed herself to bring me back. Then more angels came to support us.
Avia' s sister Seraphina, Skyler, and Macon.
I saw that one of the demons was about to kill Seraphina, so i jumped in front of her. Luckily, he missed my heart by an inch. We managed to fight them off. Macon had seen that I had saved Seraphina and had mercy with me. Normally, angels and demons are arch enemies. But he didn't send me back to hell. Instead, he gave me a new wing and Alex broke the seal that bound me and protected me from exorcisms with a spell. I'm resistant against them now. I was free but..." He smiled softly and took Alex' hand. "I knew I had found the place where I belong, so i stayed. And Since One And a half month, we're engaged." Smirking proudly, he pointed at the ring on Alex left fourth finger. "And that basically is what happened."

"Death doesn't make sense in most cases...", rain sighed silently, then tilted his head.
"Seems like a vampire got you. Was he blonde? Dark eyes, like pools of doom and..." He grunted. Just the thought of Carden sent shivers down his back. After all, that had been the one who had killed Minuet.
"I'm really sorry that happened to you. Take your time, it's hard to accept." Smiling sadly, he held out his hand. "Come, let's go for a little walk, that usually helps to get a free mind again. I'm Nicolas, by the way, but my friends call me Rain."

Last edited:
Harper couldn't believe it. Their story was incredible, and amazing. She shook her head in wonder, smiling softly. "You're so lucky to have each other." She said softly, and pushed herself away from the wall. Walking over to where Alex lay in the bed, she laid her hand atop the girls. "She'll be okay. After all that, there's no way she won't pull through something like this..."

"A vampire..." Lea repeated, the word feel heavy in her mouth. She had met a vampire or two, had even dated one once for a year or so, but it didn't work out. He'd never bit her, which must have been why the idea didn't occur to her until now. "I'm Lea." She looked at Nicolas' hand for a moment before slipping hers into it. It was warm, which was surprising, and even in the midst of everything, she noted how well their hands fit together. Like two pieces of a puzzle. "This man wasn't blonde though.. his hair was black, and long. His eyes were pitch black. Like.. hell."

Minuet smiled softly as he looked down at Alex and then up at Harper.
"I know", he said calmly. "She's one hell of a girl, always clearing all the hurdles with a smile on her lips. I remember when Eddie kidnapped her- I came after her to save her, But when i arrived, Eddie was laying on the floor, crying, and Ally here stood beside him, laughing mercilessly." He chuckled softly and looked at Harper again.
"He spoke a lot about you. Lucian. Even though you were dead, here still told your stories. I've never seen him care about anyone like that; not after his family's death. There's just..." The demon sighed for a moment, seemingly debating with himself If he should speak on.
"I think this time it will be harder for you to become a vampire. Lucian has developed a deep fear of biting...i saw or happening two or three times, when he lost control. He was panicking enough to make his heart beat a couple of times."

Rain froze in the middle of walking and slowly turned his head to look at Léa.
>>Ohh no...<<
"Long black hair, light blue shirt..."
Just in that moment, Lucian came crashing into the hospital, freezing as well as he saw Léa.
He pointed at her with one slender finger, making a sound as if he was suffocating.
"Y-you...! I...!"
And he blacked out.
"Oh damn, not that...", rain sighed.

Harper smiled softly when Minuet spoke of the love Lucian had for her. She nodded. She could feel it from their earliest moments, in this life and her last. But when he said Lucian wouldn't want to change her, she stilled, a lump forming in her throat. "I didn't know." She said, feeling guilty. Of course, he wouldn't want to hurt her. She had been silly to think it would be that easy. "Do you think I should let it go?" She asked Minuet slowly, worried. If he wouldn't turn her into a vampire, then she'd die someday, and their love story would be cut short. Again.

Lea jumped when she heard the sound of Lucian crashing into the building and she looked at him, eyes wide. You'd think a ghost couldn't be any more pale than they already were, but whatever color was left in Lea's face drained out at the sight of him. "That's him..." She whispered when he'd fallen to the ground.

Harper felt an ache in her heart, and something told her Lucian was in deep pain. And he was close. She turned and walked away from Minuet and the sleeping Alex, and left the room. Walking down the hallway, she turned a corner and saw her love laying on the ground, a few feet from Rain and a girl she didn't recognize. ".... Lucian??" She asked and hurried over to him, kneeling by his side. She looked at Rain, fear in her eyes. "What happened?!"

Rain sighed and rubbed his temples for a moment. So much happening at once.
At first Alex and now this...the stuff bad drama movies were made of.
Thinking of who to introduce first, he looked at Léa, Lucian and Harper.
"Léa, this eh... this is my best friend Lucian...", he mumbled. "And that's his girlfriend and my friend Harper.
Ehh...
Harper, this is Léa. And that..."
He pointed at the blacked-out Lucian.
"...is called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He must have lost control over thirst and eh..."
Putting one hand on Léa'sLéa' s shoulder, he sighed. "Léa seemingly was his victim."

His thoughts flashed back to the reason of this.
Lucian and him had been hanging around in a bar, when a girl had entered. He himself didn't know much about it, but as it seemed, it sometimes happened that humans were born with something in their blood that drove vampires insane that just were in the same room.
And exactly that had happened. Lucian had lost control and killed that girl.
Since that day, there barely was anything he was more afraid of than biting someone.
And every time it happened again, because Lucian tried to drink as less as possible so he wouldn't have to steal so much from the hospitals, it became worse. Last time he had hidden himself in his room for ten years straight...

"Come, I think now we really should go for a walk", he mumbled to Léa. "This must be a shock for you..."

The oddity in the hallway was causing many people to stop and look. A barely there wisp of a girl was leaning over a tall pale man with blood smeared across his mouth. Harper didn't pay any attention to them, but instead called out for Minuet, who was down the hall. "Minuet! Help!" Harper lifted Lucian's head to rest it in her lap, stroking his hair away from his face with her trembling fingers. Only then did she look in the direction of Rain and the girl again. Rain had said Lucian had killed her. She could only imagine the world of torment they both must be feeling.

"I'm so sorry," she said to Léa. "He.. didn't mean it." What kind of thing was that to say? Harper frowned at her own words, but there was nothing else she could say at the moment. Right now, she had to take care of Lucian. She looked back down at him, holding his head in her lap. "It's okay," she whispered. "I'm here."

Léa looked at this scene, her light brown eyes wide and scared, and also... angry. She didn't know what kind of dysfunctional situation she had walked into, but she didn't want any part of it. He didn't mean it?? He had killed her, but he didn't mean it?! "You're all insane." She said, her words slow, but sure. Taking her hand out of Nicolas', she looked between him and the man on the floor. How could this sweet, gentle, kind boy be best friends with a monster like that??

"Please leave me alone." She said and turned on her heel, running through the wall behind her.

Minuet came running immediately as he heard Harper shouting his name.
Looking at Lucian, he sighed, slightly shaking his head.
"Poor guy...", he muttered upon noticing the blood on his face.
He carefully picked him up and carried him into a free room. It looked rather ridiculous, since the vampire was about two heads taller than Minuet, and the demon could feel the people staring.
Luckily, their magic-incompatible brains would later on tell them it was all a strange dream or just a guy helping a someone who had just had an accident.
Turning to Harper, he sighed once, running his hand over his face.
"I'm sure he'll wake u..."

Just in that moment, Lucian opened his eyes and a black tear ran down his face.
Looking at Harper, he painfully clenched his teeth.
"You shouldn't be here...", he mumbled brokenly, while Minuet silently left the room to grant the two of them a bit privacy.
"Run, Harper. Run away as long as the sunlight keeps me locked in here before i hurt you too. I...i'm nothing but a monster..."

Meanwhile, Rain had made his way out of the hospital and into the nearby park.
He had been so happy to finally meet someone who was like him... who made him feel as if he was more than just concentrated telepathic energy. He was standing in the sunlight, his shadow so faint that it wasn't noticed by anyone.
He understood why Léa had reacted like that but... Lucian was like a brother for him, he had cared for him when no one else had... And he surely wasn't a monster.

Harper couldn't help the relief that washed over her when Lucian opened his eyes. But she frowned when he told her to run, and she shook her head, walking over to sit beside him on the bed. "No. Stop talking that was, Lucian. I'm not going anywhere." She took his hand. "And you are not a monster. You saved my life, twice. No, more than that, before this." She gestured down to herself, meaning this lifetime. "Would a monster do that?"

Léa found herself in the park outside the hospital. She stood a ways away from a family, watching as a young mother pushed her daughter on the swings. She didn't know what she was going to do. Even just standing there, she could feel her heart breaking further. She was standing in the sun, but she couldn't feel the heat of its rays on her skin. She'd never have a family like the ones before her, children, a husband, a life. It was all out of the picture for her now. Thanks to some vampire who'd decided she'd be a good midnight snack. Looking up, she met Nicolas' eyes. She didn't speak, but her gaze was filled with sorrow, and slow tears spilled from her eyes, trailing down to drip from her chin.

Lucian wrapped his arms around Harper tightly, burying his face in her hair.
"I...i don't even remember how it happened", He whispered. "It all... turned black, and suddenly I was smeared with blood and she was dead..."
Sobbing silently, He just held her in his arms, his eyes shut tightly.
As the light of the rising Sun slowly lit up the room, Lucian's skin turned grey like a corpse and his face scarily looked like a skull.
"I need to get out of light", he growled painfully, as his hair slowly started smoking.

Rain walked over to Léa and glanced at the family as well. "All the small things that seemed so self-evident... they suddenly turn into so much more, don't they?", he mumbled silently. "I was afraid of physical contact when I was still alive", the ghost said silently. "Being noticed, or directly looked at, everything like that... I hated it. Now it's all I dream of. The world becomes really small when you're dead." Sighing, He turned his face towards Léa and softly wiped her tears away. "Life ain't always what you think it ought to be; ain't even grey but... sometimes it seems so, doesn't it?"
A soft smile spread on his face for a second, but it turned bitter soon after.
"I prayed to become a rainbow before I pulled the trigger. I wanted to shine down on my little brother, so he'd know i was good. Instead, this happened. I can understand your grief, Léa, believe me..."

Harper held Lucian tightly, making soothing sounds in his ear. When the sun reached him and start to singe his hair, she gasped and jerked away from him, looking around. There wasn't much she could do with the sparse coverings in the hospital room, but she ran to draw the shades, and she threw the blanket from the bed over the window's curtain rods. It wasn't much, but there were no harsh rays of light shining through anymore.

She turned to look at Lucian, the room lit by a soft blue glow from the blanket covering the window. "Does that help?" She asked, already going to open the cabinets in search of something heavier.

Léa sighed and closed her eyes when Rain wiped away the tears from her cheeks. "You seem like a rainbow to me." Léa said softly, opening her eyes. She didn't know what she would have done if he hadn't come along.

But her heart was still so heavy. What would her brother do when he found out she was missing? And then when he found her in the hospital, with her neck torn open? The thought made her feel faint, and she sank to the ground, covering her face with her hands. "What do I do now?"

Lucian frowned painfully, but at least he wasn't smoking anymore.
"Better...", he sighed lifelessly, as he curled up on the bed. "It's giving me headaches, but at least i'm not dying anymore...i guess."
With another sigh, he turned into the black cat and curled up tightly, his goldish-amber cat-eyes tightly shut.
The slight shivers that ran through his body were the only movement he made.
"Why can't I just..."
He stopped talking in the middle of the sentence, and his flattened ears teared up. He jumped to his paws in a flash, while a huge grin formed on his face...
And somewhat made him look like the Cheshire Cat when it had fallen in black ink.
He jumped off the bed and into the curtain, a short climb later, he sat on the windowsill, between the glass and the blanket, in the direct sunlight.
"I have an idea! ", he exclaimed, his tail tidily arranged around his paws.
"No wait I have THE idea! Honey? Would you be so nice to open the window? I'm too small."

He had never thought of that, but just because he was a half angel, he turned into a cat instead of a bat. So the cat-form probably was more angel-like than his true form.
That allowed him to enter the direct sunlight. And if this was so different in this form, maybe, just maybe, this form would be able to feed on animal blood. After all, he was an animal as well right now.

Rain sighed sadly and sat down on the floor beside Léa. He gently wrapped one arm around her shoulders, hoping to comfort her like this and just watched the family for a few more minutes.
"Well...", he mumbled after some time of thinking.
"There are quite a few things... you could stay in the hospital and hope your family will notice you when they come to... some ghosts do that, but many of them drive insane and lastly turn into poltergeists or vengeful spirits. And then the hunters come and burn their bones, sending them wherever forever. That's the worst thing you could do, I guess.
Or you could do what i did: leave the past behind and make your way into the future."
He softly took her hands off her face, so he could look into her eyes.
"What I'm trying to say is that you have to let go of who you were to stay who you are. Because who you might become if you don't..." He frowned sorrowfully, but then smiled at her sadly. "I know it's a lot to process. But you're not alone with this. I'm always there to help you if you want, okay? "

Last edited:
It was a strange experience for Harper, watching Lucian turn into the cat she'd seen in the mansion her first night, and then hearing it talk in his voice. She stayed still, another blanket clutched in her arms, staring at him for a moment. It was things like this that made her question her sanity... She set the folded up blanket on the edge of the bed, and walked over to where the cat sat in the window. She pushed the blanket and curtains out of the way, and found the handle that let the window swing open. After the cat leapt from the edge and into the bushes below, Harper shook her head in wonder and walked out of the room.

Seeing Minuet standing against the wall, she pointed over her shoulder with her thumb, a strange look on her face. "So.. Lucian just turned into a cat." She said, knowing how silly she sounded. "And then he jumped out the window..."

Léa listened to Rain's words, knowing he was right. She wasn't new to the supernatural, and had heard stories of poltergeists, and the like. It wasn't a life.. or an afterlife, she wanted for herself. Maybe she could somehow make something for herself like this. "Thank you." Léa said, and she genuinely meant it. She knew it would take a long time to fully come to terms with her own death, and her promising life being cut so short before she really had a chance to live. But she felt hopeful by Rain's presence, and she was actually able to smile a little bit. "Definitely a rainbow..."

Minuet looked up from his phone as he heard her speak. He laughed silently as he saw the confusion in Harper's gaze.
A second later, he had turned into a black wolf with white chest and belly.
"I know, all those people turning into something else, it's really weird, isn't it? What freaks!" Chuckling, he stretched like a dog for a moment.
"What? Thought I had those ears for fun? I'm a wolf-demon, direct descendant of Fenris. I think you need some history lessons, and luckily you got a friend here who knows the stories of our origins." I just wanted to get myself a piece of pie from the cafeteria. If you want you can accompany me, and I'll tell you a bit more about the beginnings." Tilting his head, he went back to his more or less human form. "You'd just have to tell me where to start. Vampires, demons, wolf- demons, witches, werewolves, unicorns...i know them all. "

Rain smiled one of his sweet small signature smiles.
"I actually never looked at it that way, but i surely like it", he said, a spark of pride in his soft, deep blue eyes.
"You really have a special way to see the things, I believe", he said.
After a couple of minutes, he stood up.
"I just...had a kind of crazy idea", he began smirking. At the same time he was wondering if it was inappropriate to make this offer, because of what had happened between Lucian and her.
But he decided to give it a try anyway.
"Hey, maybe, if you'd like, you could come with me and my friends. That way you wouldn't be all alone in a town full of people who can't see you. And i swear, Lucian is a good guy. He's just...well,do you know how the whole thirst-thing works for vampires?"

"I definitely need some lessons." Harper said with wide eyes as Minuet smoothly transformed into a big black wolf, and then back again. She walked beside him, on the way to the cafeteria, realizing then that she never got a chance to eat her breakfast at the pancake house earlier. So much had been going on that her hunger had temporarily disappeared, but it was back now, full force.

"Um," she blushed when her stomach growled at the sound of pie, and she laughed softly. "I don't know Minuet. It's hard, because I have all these fragments of memories, from my life before, mixed together with the delusions of my schizophrenia. Most of the time, I'm just walking around, wondering if what I'm seeing is real or not." In the cafeteria, after they had gotten their food and found a quiet table in the corner, she looked at him. "Like.. the cat thing, Could I do that too?" And.. how are you able to change so fluidly like that? Doesn't it hurt?"

Léa looked up, startled at Rain's sudden offer to join him and his friends. The vampire. She swallowed around the lump in her throat. Could she face him, knowing he had been the onto the kill her? She nodded, knowing of the blood lust. "Yes," she said quietly, standing as well. "I understand that maybe he didn't mean it, but..." Léa sighed, looking around. The idea of being alone here, being slowly driven insane with no one to talk to, having no one see her ever again, it was all too much to bear.

"Okay," Léa said finally, giving him a half smile. "I guess I can try."

Minuet laughed silently and nodded.
"Oh believe me Harper, it does hurt." He smiled, lifting his shoulders. "But after some time you just get used to it. What's far more disturbing is how you hear your own bones cracking and crunching when they rearrange and change their shape..."
He frowned for a moment.
" So eh, for this I'll need to go a bit back in history", he explained. "Well, you know that Lucian is 6012 years old? He's the oldest existing vampire. His father, Christian, was the first vampire. His father, Lucian's grandfather, Uranos, was born from pure energy, when the universe began. He was lonely, after so many millions of years with no company but his own thoughts, so he used some of his own energy, his own life, to create his three sons. Lucian's father Christian, and his three brothers, Lucifer, Arthur and Anno.
It all seemed good, till that fateful day...
While Lucifer and Anno spent their time in helping their father keeping heaven and he'll in place and the world running, Christian and Arthur were more...relaxed about that. They were nothing but young wannabes, blinded by their own power.
It all should change when they decided to discover a cave that clearly was forbidden by Uranos. It was the place where he created new beings for our little planet.
Well, the boys entered anyway, and two of the creatures Uranos was working on, attacked them.
Christian was bitten by a bat, Arthur by a wolf.
It changed them.
Suddenly, Christian had to drink blood if he wanted to stay alive and could turn into a bat, and Arthur turned into a giant wolf whenever the moon was shining on him.
And while Lucifer populated hell with demons and the like, and Anno brought his legions of angels into existence from nothing but clouds and light, Christian and Arthur had to learn to live with their new lifes. It wasn't easy, and many vampires and werewolves were created that time, because they couldn't control their abilities.
A scratch was enough to turn somebody into a werewolf, and just a bite from Christian made a vampire of you.
They were powerful, yes, but also unbelievably dangerous.
Lastly, the angels stepped in and weakened their abilities enough to avoid the entire population of the planet to turn into monsters within the next year.
That was when Christian met Luna, Lucian's mother. Her pure soul and blood took a bit of Christian's darkness away as their child was born, and unlike every other vampire, this special child, this son of light and dark, didn't turn into a bat, but a cat, and he was known as one of the most beautiful and pure angels existing...until the other vampires got him."
Minuet growled silently at That, before speaking on.
"Well and that's why your boyfriend can turn into a cat. And generally is a slightly... different vampire."

Rain smiled happily at her answer.
"You will see, Lucian normally is a really good guy", he said with an apologetic smile. He looked up surprisedly as a boy of around 5 came closer, looking right at him.
"hello!"
Rain looked around. "Talking to me? Eh...hi. you can see us?"
"I've been watching you two."
By now, Rain looked totally confused. "Err...okay...?"
"You...you are dead, aren't You?"
"...yes...?"
"Is...is it scary?", the boy asked silently.
Rain frowned. "It's annoying to be invisible. Why do you ask?"
The boy sighed sadly. "Because the mean boys said I will be dead if i don't give them my teddy bear..." He pointed at a couple of 14 to 18 year old who were grinning at the little boy and holding up a teddy.
Rain frowned angrily. "We gotta do something about that!"

Harper felt extremely grateful to have Minuet as a friend. The way he explained things to her just made sense, and left her with a lot less questions than she would have otherwise. A bit of sanity settled over her, and she nodded when he finished his story. Pieces of it connected themselves to the things she remembered from her past life, and it cleared up some of the odd things floating around in her head that she thought were just delusions.

"So, what happened to them, Christian and Arthur?" She asked, finishing the last bite of her pie. "Also.. you said before, that Lucian probably won't want to change me. Do you think there's someone that would?"

Lea looked between Rain and the little boy, then over to the group of bullies standing off to the side of the park. She felt sorry for the little boy, truly, but when she looked at Rain, her eyes were troubled. "What... exactly are we supposed to do?" She asked exasperated. She'd been dead for all of an hour or so, and she was supposed to go on a rescue mission, for a stuffed bear? "Maybe I should just hang back..."

Minuet stared out of the window for a while, his ears flattened, until he turned back to Harper and scratched around on the table with one fingernail.
"Arthur and Christian had a bad argument after Christian had married Luna", he sighed. "While Christian lived amongst the humans with his family, Arthur left. He went to hell to live with Lucifer until he'd find an own home, far away from the family.
Lucifer always was the most patient brother of them, so he took care of Arthur. He showed him the wonders of the world below, and lastly even taught him how to create demons.
One night, When Lucifer was sleeping, Arthur created Lilith. The demons Lucifer had created weren't evil. They were made to control the evil, and keep the balance of light and darkness, together with Anno's angels.
But Lilith was pure darkness. She despised the light, and so she seduced Arthur. He betrayed his own brother, locked him in a cage of torture and agony, and killed his demons. Lilith created new demons. The vicious and evil monsters from horror movies. Then she killed Arthur, but before his heart stopped beating, he killed her. If he should die, he would take her with him. When his blood and her blood mixed, the first wolf demons were created. Lucifer freed himself and closed the gates. He locked hell once and forever. Since then, the only way to get out is to be summoned, and the only way in to be exorcised."
Sighing once more, he looked at Harper with puppy eyes. "My family was different though... my parents taught me the ways of the old demons. We never killed, never... did anything wrong. They didn't deserve an end like that..."
After he had taken a deep breath, he ran his hand through his hair.
"There are many ways to become ageless."

"Wait a second", Rain said with a cheeky grin. He whispered something to the boy's ear, who started to grin.
Together, they walked to the bullies.
"I can see dead people...", the little one said with a perfect horror movie voice.
The bullies of course just laughed, at least until rain flickered, like a picture in a broken tv, but it wasn't his usual appearance. It took a lot of energy and power to appear to living people, and he appeared how he had looked when he died;
His usually soft, silver hair was messy, a big chunk of his head missing, only wearing a simple hospital gown... and covered in blood.
The bullies ran away screaming, while rain returned to Léa.
"I wish got hadn't seen that, but the bullies will forget it within the next hour. They'll just remember that they're afraid around that boy. They will leave him alone now...", he mumbled, staring to the ground.

Harper shook her head, letting out a soft sigh of wonderment. "Wow.. this is all so incredible. I would say it's unbelieveable if I wasn't living it." She admitted, picking at the crumbs on the table. "I know I've asked you a lot of questions, and thank you so much for being truthful with me. It's really helped sort all this-" she gestured to her head, twirling her finger in a circular motion "-craziness out. I just have one more. I know how Rain came to be with Lucian, but what about you and Alex?"

Léa watched the way Rain took care of the teenage bullies, her mouth slightly gaped. When he walked back over to her, she looked at him quietly, wondering what to say. On one hand, seeing him in the form he'd died in was really frightening, even for her.. another ghost. But on the other hand, she felt strangely impressed to see the way he'd scared off the boys. "That was really... amazing." She said at last, a smile brightening her somber face. Reaching out, she took his hand in hers, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Really."

Minuet chuckled softly, one of his wolf ears flicking.
"Ah no need to thank me for that, I'm quite a storyteller. I often go to the library and read books to the kids There."
He watched a few people walk by and winked as a beautiful old woman watched him knowingly.
"An Anguana! They're almost extinct these days...", he mumbled surprised, actually more to himself.
Turning to Harper again, he smirked gently.
"I broke into his house after i had ran away from Alex. see, a demon can free himself from his bind, but when he does, he becomes human. Most demons despise humans so they'd rather stay a slave than become human. But I got no problem with then, and back then I still thought Alex was a witch like so many others. We had that argument...well and I freed myself and left. A few robbers attacked me and almost killed me. Lucian had smelled the blood. He brought me to his mansion, took care of my wounds... then he met Alex, who was worried sick about me. He told me and brought Alex to his mansion as well. He made us talk things over and we made peace. And during the last two years he became one of my best friends. He also introduced rain to Alex and me. We're like family by now."
A soft smile spread on his face as he looked at Harper with sparkling eyes.
"I lost this feeling so long ago. Family. It's.. .it's good to have it back. And now we even got another family member! I'm happy you're with us now."

Rain's expression lightened up a bit and he smiled at Léa shyly.
"I'm glad you aren't scared of me now", he said with a slight smile.
As something came to his mind, his smile turned into a huge smirk.
"Did you already find out the true appearance of your soul?", he asked, and turned into the beautiful snow white eastern Dragon again. "Mine is a Dragon!"

Harper blushed, her face heating up. Minuet had called her family. She couldn't remember the last time someone had said that about her. "Thank you." She said, sincerely. Standing, she picked up her tray. "Speaking of Alex.. we should probably get back to her. I guess.. we just have to wait, right? For Lucian to return, I mean."

Léa had seen a lot in the last hour or so. Her head was spinning with all the new things. But, nothing compared to the moment that sweet Rain turned into a dragon right in front of her eyes. She fell back to sit on her butt, her mouth falling open. "Whoa..." She breathed, literally speechless for a few minutes. When she was finally able to think, and talk again, she said, "I.. I can do that too...? I don't know... how?"

Minuet smirked warmly at Harper's reaction to being called family and picked up his tray as well to bring it away.
"No problem, really! I like you, and I'm not saying that because I'm a giant puppy!", he chuckled.
Speaking of Lucian.
He wondered where his friend was.
Sure, seemed like he was resistant against sunlight in his car form, but...
Just then, Alex entered the room with tears in her eyes.
Tears of laughter however.
"I just got a call!", she gasped, really having to fight not to fall to the floor from all the laughing.
"Lucian! Hihihi...! He just called me. Guess where he is right now! He's at the animal shelter."
Minuet burst into laughter as well, imagining a black cat staring up at everyone totally annoyed, but unable to shift back because of the light that would burn him if he did so.
"Oh my God let's buy some tuna for him before we go pick him up!", he giggled.

Rain went back to his normal form and shrugged.
"I don't know, honestly. I always kinda felt like a Dragon, or as if I should be one but was born as the wrong being...you know, when I was still alive."
He looked up at the sky for a moment, obviously thoughtful, before speaking on.
"Maybe I'm just weird, maybe all ghosts can do this...i honestly have no idea."

Harper raised a brow when she saw Alex burst into the room. She didn't know what shocked her more, that the girl was okay enough to get around, or that Lucian was trapped in an animal shelter. Chuckling along with them, she stood, realizing she was going to have to get used to this strange new world she lived in pretty quickly.

"Well, shouldn't we find Rain before we go get Lucian? I saw him earlier, in the halls. He looked like he was with another ghost, a girl." She swallowed. "I think it was the girl Lucian killed.."

Léa shook her head. "I don't think you're weird." She smiled. Rain was actually so sweet. And the more time she spent with him, the more she began to feel like everything was going to be alright. "Let me try." Closing her eyes, Léa let out a long, slow breath. She searched herself, doing her best to release all the tense she had been carrying. She found an inner peace within, and she changed into a large, pure white wolf with clear blue eyes. She stood at nearly five feet tall, and her fur was long and soft. "Did it work?" Léa asked, looking at Rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back