• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

bastion

just a little guy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Note: This is just a quick cleanup on my old search until I get my new one worked out.

Name: Bastion
Pronouns: Imp/Imps/Impself
Other: Autistic, Managing depression

Style: 3rd person, Paragraph
Length: Average 1-3 paragraphs, Roughly 75-150 words
Plotting: Required throughout roleplay

Hello, I'm Bastion. I'm gonna keep this part short so you can get to my roleplay profile quicker.

What you need to know is I have multiple mental disabilities that require me to occasionally to take a break from longterm roleplays. I will always tell you before taking a break. I also need a strong OOC dynamic with my partner to make returning to a RP after a break possible. If we don't talk OOC at least as often as we post responses, then I can't RP with you longertm.

Limits
There are a few topics I need handled carefully when they come up, if not avoided all together. Some of these are full-on triggers, while others are just things I'm uncomfortable with.

Sexual Content. I am comfortable with flirting, kissing, and sexual innuendoes. I'm also fine with suggesting sexual acts happening off-screen. The problem is when anything sexual related is described in detail, even if it's just a kiss or how sexually attractive a character finds another. I do have characters that are flirts and ones meant to be eye-candy, but I still need to establish a level of comfort when it comes to them being sexualized.

Suicidal Actions and Self Harm. This is an extremely triggering topic for me and I ask that you do not depict these subjects on-screen without discussion first. If the topics do happen on-screen, I require they are not described in detail. I do have some characters who have histories with these topics, but I will discuss them with you first before it is brought into the roleplay.

Gore. Please keep descriptions of injuries and violence to surface level details. Descriptions of the pain and graphic details of wounds trigger sympathetic pain in myself.
There was a snap followed by searing pain as the bone in A's arm gave way under the force of the blow. It was incredible how much a broken bone could hurt. The threat of death was the only thing that kept A from passing out right on the spot.

Slurs and Abuse. I do not want to read any slurs at all. If you feel it's necessary to have a slur come up in the roleplay, don't write it down. Just write outside the dialogue that one was said. The exception if fantasy slurs.
I also do not want to read about a character being abused. I am okay with a character being in an abusive situation if the point is them escaping it, but do not write any on-screen abuse. I do have some characters who come from abusive homes and are recovering from that trauma, because it's my lived experience.
I have no interest in roleplays featuring main characters who are bigoted or abusive, even if they will change their ways.

Depression and Anxiety.
I have no issue with these things coming up in a roleplay as long as they are not described in detail. However, there is some risk that descriptions of depressive episodes and panic attacks may trigger one in myself. This is best avoided by focusing depression scenes on the character's personal experiences and keeping anxiety symptom descriptions vague.
A curled up, hugging their legs to their chest.

They'd lost.

They'd failed and there was nothing they could do to stop the king now. A's entire life had been for this purpose. What was A supposed to do now, when they couldn't do the one thing they were meant to? When that failure meant the world would suffer?

There was nothing left to do.

This was the end.
A could feel the panic creeping in, like the bats that always found a way into the attic each summer. The voices of the crowd swirled around their head, blending together into one suffocating sound that pushed against their ears and mind. There was no escaping this.

Expectations
I hold myself and my roleplay partners to these expectations. If they don't work for you, we wouldn't be good roleplay partners.

Clear Communication.
Talk to me about the plot! Share your ideas and let me know when you're not liking the direction of a scene or simply not sure how to reply. If I'm the only one who's coming up with ideas and seems inspired, I will lose interest.
Please also let me know if you can't reply for a while.
I will never expect you to provide me with the reason why, I just need some kind of warning to know you haven't simply lost interest. It makes me feel sad to go weeks with my messages unanswered and no indication of why.

Embraces Diversity. I am queer and neurodivergent and you can expect my characters to reflect this. Basically all of my characters fall somewhere on the LGBT+ spectrum and have some mental and/or physical disability, as well as having a range of cultural backgrounds. If any of that sounds like something you're not into, then there's no need to waste your time approaching me.

Engages in OOC Plotting. I would prefer to talk OOC in general, but at the bare minimum I need my partner to plot with me about the roleplay. Plotting is an ongoing process, not just something we discuss in the beginning. I need to be able to talk with you about ideas for the current and future scenes as the roleplay takes place.
It's also nice to talk casually about interests to build up a friendship outside the singular roleplay. In my experience, it helps ensure the roleplay can last even if one of us needs a break.

Writes in detailed 3rd person past tense. I write in 3rd person perspective in full sentences. First person perspective makes me uncomfortable to read while script format just doesn't draw me in. I will use script format for non-serious stuff, but it's usually less a RP and more just one or two throw-away lines in a OOC message.
I get overwhelmed by particularly long responses so I prefer they are kept to a maximum of 5 paragraphs except for rare occasions. I am very much the type to prefer essential details only. I don't include details unless they give something directly to respond to or help provide important insight into my character in the moment. All I expect from your responses is you provide details for me to react to and build upon to further the scene.

Age is Unimportant to Me. I'm 30 years old, but I know I'm able to interact responsibly with minors when I am informed of their age.

Interests
I adore fantasy of all forms, although D&D-esque advetenture fantasy and modern slice-of-life fantasy are the types I most often write. However, I'm open to just about any setting other than historical realistic. Modern realistic is also a hard sell. I prefer there be some form of fantastical element.

The only fandom I roleplay is Naruto because it's a special interest despite my own wishes. I only use OCs though, unless I'm using canon characters as side-characters. I do love to give Naruto family. He is my son and I want him to have childhood support.

For plots, I prefer low-stake problems that tend more towards slice-of-life / mundane stories. I just really like to explore character relationships more than having to save the world. Things like how do these characters deal with the basement of their business flooding or some weird magical pest problem are much more interesting to me than searching for a McGuffin and fighting a BBEG.

I try to stay away from angst unless the purpose is to explore comfort and recovery. I have enough trauma and stress in my life. I can't handle it in my fiction unless there's a good payoff coming soon.

Ideas
Your Own Dating Sim.
I have a ton of characters I'd love to ship with someone, so bring me a character you want to be the protagonist in a dating sim and let's make it happen! Also, you can bet you'll have the option to get the polyamorous ending 💕

An Isekai just for You. I like Isekai plots, but I also like being the people of the fantastical world, so if you want to be the solo-isekai protag here ya go. Can easily combine with the dating sim concept.

Narutoverse without Canon Characters. Simple enough, I like to play in the Narutoverse without having to deal with the canon plot. Plus I basically exclusively use OCs so it's natural for me to do an alternate timeline where there are no canon characters. Usually the only real deviation from canon comes from around the time of the Kyuubi attack or shortly before.

Give Naruto Family. I have multiple alternate timeline scenarios where I've given Naruto a sibling or guardian of some kind. He is my son and I want him to have a bit of childhood support. The point is to explore how Naruto is changed by the supportive presence in his life since childhood.
I'm happy to play Naruto in this, alongside the OC family member.

If you want to roleplay with me send me a PM with an introduction to yourself. If you can't send PMs yet, comment saying so and I'll send you one.

Last edited:
I have a vague idea for a post-apocalyptic fantasy scenario, where the world is a wasteland. I'm not sure what the story is exactly, beyond I'd be playing sometime known as the Plant Doctor who can revive plants, and their undead assistant.

I still need to update this, but right now I'm craving a delinquent m/m romance! I just really want to throw one of my boys at some delinquent with a soft heart who's looking for love!

Hallo! My name is Zofie, and I wanna rp with you.

I saw your rp thread and I think your interests match well with mine. There is a character I've been dying to play as put have found to good partner for it on discord.

Ah, an introduction. Um... Its always weird for me to talk about myself, but I think I can imitate your format.

I am Zofie, I'm 26yo and my pronouns are he/him, though don't be surprised if I switch them for she/her from time to time as my personal identity its actually very vague. Anyways, I respond to both. As you might have put together by now, I also have my fair share of mental disabilities. Autism, anxiety and DID are of note, but I don't have multiple personalities which is what usually comes to mind when thinking of DID. I'm pretty busy and am unable to rp when I'm feeling anxious, so I also tend to take breaks, but I can still OOC no problem. In fact, I quite enjoy chatting and plot crafting, but I can sometimes be too blunt or come off strong... those are not on purpose.

I don't have many limits as I usually gravitate towards darker plots, but this time I want something sweet and relaxing! As a limit we share the no sexual content one, but I will respect your limits.

I believe I can easily met all of your already mentioned expectations, specially he diversity and plotting ones. I tend to write very unique characters, using a mix of quirks, neurodivergence and personal experiences. The character I wanna play is quite something too, hehe.

As of interests, I wouldn't mind playing some Naruto with you. I've always wanted to do a Naruto rp with OCs but never found a good one. Maybe we can try if this one goes well?

I didn't expect to write that much.

So... I guess I should talk about my idea for the plot.

I don't have much for it, but your otome idea sounds really interesting! Plus you would be able to play all the characters you want and I will be able to use the one! So we could make a cozy otome slice-of-life story with low stakes. Though "low" is relative really, as I consider risking a broken heart to be quite "high stakes", hehe.

My character is a highschool girl (Because I ready way too much manga and highschool otomes have rotten my brain for years) with a strange personality. Neurodivergence has to do with it, but I don't want to label her because I feel it loses the mystery of it. I guess that's a good segue to mention I usually write mystery? This intro is all over the place... I write better during roleplay... Oh well. So yeah, a character-driven otome romance story.

What do you think?

Bump! I'm back and looking, will update the original post over the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back