• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Covenant: Cabal Recruiting Centre (Open)

SniperComZero

genuinely awful person
titlecard.png
"With this most holy fire, I shall burn away all the Earth's cancers. I will take humanity kicking, and screaming into dominance over the universe, on our home, and beyond."

"Salvation in martyrdom."

The year is 2083, and the world is in the midst of a simmering apocalypse. Whilst humanity dragged its collective heels over the warming of the planet, a greater threat to the survival of Earth’s life lay beneath the frozen Russian tundra. In 2029, a black crystal, feeding on all life that it is able to touch like a cancerous growth, was first discovered to be spreading through the countryside, dubbed Uralite, for its place of origin. Five years later, a newly-empowered UN was given free reign, and a blank cheque by the world’s powers to fight humanity’s new existential threat. Those who refused their mandate were left to fend for themselves. Many, without aid, succumbed to the crystal. Many more grew resentful to those who would so carelessly throw away their fellow man.

As the years went by, the UN coalition became more and more overbearing. Further overreaching the governments it represented. Eventually, those governments ceased to exist altogether, and in their place, was the International Security Coalition. Its mission statement was the preservation of humanity. A success they measured not in how well they could stem the tide of Uralite, but for how long they could fight back against it. Now, in 2083, a fifth of the world's landmass is utterly swallowed by the crystal, uninhabitable by human life. Another three fifths have been severely shaken by Uralite. Some can hold themselves together, and others are in the midst of total societal, and ecological collapse. The rest of the world is dominated by the technologically advanced ISC's walled cities, and ivory towers. A gilded cage they struggle to keep control of, as the rest of the world dies around them.

You play the role of an elite unit operating under the fractured Covenant of Gol, a cult which has long prophesied a great threat to the human race to bring it into a new age of prosperity and enlightenment. You are the Covenant's most prized soldiers. The brightest, most physically able, and mentally fortuitous of us all. You are the Cabal, and have been handpicked by the Prophet Enoch himself; you must reconvene the Covenant, carve a path through the bloated ISC, and finally fulfil the centuries-old prophecy...
-----------------

Greetings, brothers and sisters, and welcome to Covenant! This is an adventure-styled RP, which will take you and your squad of the most elite that Gol's followers have to offer on a roadtrip international journey, and place all of the pieces for your prophet's master plan. Before you jump off in the name of whatever god or messiah you worship, however, there are some things to bear in mind:

• Please, adhere to the site guidelines. Don't describe in viscerally graphic detail how you just painted a poor guy's head all over the wall. And, I mean... do you want to fuck the crystal mutant? I don't think you do.
  • Godmodding and metagaming are not allowed. Obviously. After all, our ascension to godhood will come later.
  • Dice will be a factor in combat, and to a limited extent in non-combat play. Not to the extent that it needs its own stat system like DnD, but to keep things interesting for the characters, and so that combat isn't an absolute steamroll, much as it would be nice for the Covenant.
  • Characters can die. Yet, that does not mean your work for the Covenant is yet finished. Should you so wish, then you may have a second character within the team, or back at base. You can't have more than two characters active at a time, though.
  • This is a mature RP... if you were unable to tell by all the other text above here. Age limits are stupid, really can't be reliably checked unless you want to give your driving license or some other insane thing, and often aren't even that helpful. Just be able to deal with mature themes, and you'll be fine.
  • Good grammar is a must. Whilst I can't realistically impose a strict minimum on writing during combat or when two characters are talking, I can realistically expect you to at least put some more effort than "[you] shoots bad man in 4head".
  • If you have to drop for any amount of time, for whatever reason, your character will be rendered as an NPC. Real life comes as a priority to RP, after all, so if you expect and want to come back to the game afterward, I'll try to make sure that your character doesn't die in the meanwhile.
  • please for the love of god be able to use discord that just makes things so much easier
Now, that should cover just about everything. Other than the team composition:
High Confessor: As the ground-leader of the Cabal, you are ultimately responsible for the lives of your subordinates. Their tactics, skill, and faith, ultimately rest upon you. (One)

Demolitions:
You are responsible for the most glorious of the Covenant's weaponry. Use it well, and reduce our enemies to dust. (Up to Two)

Combat Medic:
Strong in faith though our soldiers may be, they are not invulnerable in body. Make sure that the Cabal leaves sitting upright, and not in a body bag. (Up to Two)

Marksman:
You are our most prized daggers. Stabbing into the heart of our enemies from afar, and striking terror into their infidel hearts. (Up to Two)

Technician:
Although perhaps not the most physically able of us, you are the Cabal's scalpel. Whilst the Demolitions may blow a hole through the mountain, you may use your smarts to surpass the mountain. Quietly. (Up to Two)

Insurgent:
Whilst you may be considered the rank-and-file of this team, do know that you are still one of our most elite soldiers, and stand head and shouders above all your contemporaries. (Unlimited)

By all means, reserve a role here if you wish! But, prospective High Confessors be warned. The Prophet does not take lightly to failure and incompetence.

no this absolutely isn't a blatant ripoff of the tiberium universe what are you on about

On a real shitty track record for availability at the moment but I'll definitely toss my interest and tell you early on if I can't keep up.

Due to circumstance I won't reserve anything other than an Insurgent.

OUR LIVES FOR ENOCH!

Ehm...I mean, if you would be so kind, could I have a spot as an Insurgent?
If so, I would like to start on my character immediately. Is the artwork given in your post, demonstrative of the entire Cabal? Could we go more tacticool, like in Tiberium Wars:

Nod Militant.jpg

or can we go full ham on religious iconography like Templars do in the post-apocalyptic Hellgate:

Hellgate Templar.png

Last edited:
OUR LIVES FOR ENOCH!

Ehm...I mean, if you would be so kind, could I have a spot as an Insurgent?
If so, I would like to start on my character immediately. Is the artwork given in your post, demonstrative of the entire Cabal? Could we go more tacticool, like in Tiberium Wars:

or can we go full ham on religious iconography like Templars do in the post-apocalyptic Hellgate:

You're more than likely going to have to go with something more functional than the latter pic. Theoretically, you could have a suit of armour like that, but it'd be expensive. (spoiler: you don't have the money for it. yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back