• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Country Girls (1x1)

OOC
Here
"You'd be surprised how many go in well meaning and do it right in the beginning. What happens between that point and they end up in kill pens is beyond me. The way I see it, horses are as much work animals as they are pets and show animals. If you can't take care of a goldfish, a pet store goldfish, then you shouldn't have any animals period in my opinion. All animals have feelings and basic needs. If they can't be met, don't bother and leave them to people who can meet their needs." Erica was ranting at that point and had to force herself to stop. Working with horses might be her career but animals overall was her passion.

Sebastian growled at being chased and turned it around on the border collie. Snapping at her paws as they ran around the park his ears folded back pouncing and barely missing her by a few inches.

When Nocona said that old man Richard died, Erica grimaced and scooted over unconsciously and placed a consoling hand on the other womans knee. "I'm sorry to hear that. He was a good man and beloved by the community" she said with a soft tone. "He helped me break and train a few wild horses to be work animals for the Rayze farm. He bragged about his family a lot too. I can't begin to tell you how often he would brag and show off the pictures of his kids and the grandkids to anyone who would listen." For a minute she was silent. "I'm guessing you got the paddock relatively cleared out for the horses to graze, cleaned out the stables, replaced the tack and gear & got the feed at the very least? Mom won't begin to talk negotiations without those boxes ticked off at the very least. But you saying that you'll be in touch with her soon says you should have it well in hand."

"That's the hope. I can't think of anything else I would need," She paused for a second as she went through a mental checklist of all she had done.
Brushes? Yep, have those. Saddles, yes. Bridles and halters? yes, yes, yes, and yes. I can't think of anything I don't have.

"I actually think I'm going to go home now, drop off all of the new gear I just bought, and then maybe call up Mrs. Gilroy. It was nice meeting you! I hope I'll see you around sometime!" She got up and waved before calling Joob back again, she was back playing with that german shepherd, clipping her leash onto her collar, and driving back to her ranch.

When Nocona got home she put all of her new stuff away and found where she put the card. Pulling out her phone she dials the number and holds up the phone to her ear.

Erica watched the retreat and raised an eyebrow internally. This was a new one indeed. Putting aside Nocona's preparedness to buy horses from her mother, her mom already talked her up to the other woman? A roll of her eyes drew up a few conclusions that were possible right off the bat and the first one was playing indirect match maker. It wasn't like she was celibate, she'd had several relationships in the last few years but not one that felt like the one; all the previous relationships broke off amicably and she was friends with her exes but she couldn't see a future with them. Did her mother think that Nocona, while beautiful in her own right, could be the missing piece to the puzzle that was her rather lonely love life? "Ah hell, Mother is going to insert herself one way or another. If she can't do it when I'm abroad with Father she'll settle for when I come to visit. Sebastian, time to go home boy!" Leashing the energetic hound she rubbed his ears while nuzzling the top of his head with her nose. "Time to go interrogate grandma buddy, what do you say?"

Sebastian barked and bumped his head up licking his human's face.

Back at the Gilroy ranch Selena, Erica's mom, was in the midst of brushing out the mane of her mare when her phone rang. "Easy Jubilee, it's just my phone" she said in a soothing tone to calm the mare. Digging out her earpiece she put it in and hit the connect button to pick up the call. "Selena Gildroy, how can I help you?" she asked running the brush through Jubilee's mane again while her free hand ran down the mares nose calmingly.

"Hello, this is Nocona Raies, the girl you met a week or so ago when I had just moved in. We discussed getting horses for my ranch. Well, I cleared out the paddock as you told me to, and now I’m calling you to talk about acquiring a few horses.” Nocona explained, leaning against the kitchen counter. She was trying to act calm, but she was really as excited as she was all those years ago when she got her first dog. Ha, wonder if they realized what they were starting. She was a little long-haired chihuahua named Lou-Lou and had the most spunk and personality of any dog Nocona knew to this day. She was closed off and growled at anyone she didn't know, and might also growl at people she did know just to growl. She was less than 6 pounds and ran the house. A character, that was for sure.

bringing herself back to the present, she grinned like a little girl getting her first fish. She listened as Mrs. Gilroy as she talked about the responsibilities of owning horses and she concentrated as hard as the could.

Last edited:
"Oh Nocona, glad to hear from you. I was hoping to hear from you after our last conversation" Selena said stopping her brushing for a moment before walking around the other side of the horse. "Well it's good to hear that you got all that done so quickly. I'm not that busy this afternoon if you don't mind my coming up to walk through and take a look."

Erica killed the engine on her rental outside the barn. "I swear if that Mother of mine is up to no good" she muttered to herself.

"Oh would you look at that? Say would you mind if I brought my daughter Erica with me on the walkthrough? I'm sure her insight would be just as valuable as mine" Selena said with a grin seeing her daughter pop up in the doorway. "You seemed quite taken with asking about her at the cookout. I'm sure the two of you will get on swimmingly."

"Sure, bring her along too! This afternoon is fine with me. Stop by any time you want, I don't have much to do, I'll be around whenever." She was glad Selena couldn't see her childish grin behind the phone. Nocona continued after a pause. "Thank you for all this, it'll be great to have some more life on the farm. See you soon, Mrs. Gilroy, looking forward to seeing you! Bye!" She hung up and turned to joob. One thing about living with only a dog for company is that you narrate your entire life to them.

"joobie! You're going to have some friends soon, I hope! Will you like that? Yeah,!" She crouched down and played tug-of-war with her for a minute. "You wanna play?" Grabbing Joob's ball, she went outside and chucked it a few times, with Joob bringing it back every time. "You're such a good girl, Joobie!" Seeing Joob look so proud of herself made Nocona's heart melt. She deserves the world. She smiled to herself as Joob barked. Nocona threw the ball again and Joob tore after it, her paws barely touching the ground as she flew across the field.

"Splendid, I'll give you a ring when we're nearly there. Ta."

"Mother, you are just horrible." Erica shook her head with a slight scowl. "There isn't a need to interfere in my love life. Love you to death but I mean really, I can deal with finding my own woman" she said with a shake of her head.

"Sure, that's why you haven't had a relationship last more than six months at the max. Darling, I love you to pieces but you could use a little bit of help. Nocona is a lovely girl, just meet her at the very least. You make it sound like I'm telling you that you need to marry her or that I'm holding a gun to your head. I only have your best interests at heart" Selena said looking minorly offended. "Besides, I want grandchildren other than this lovable little scamp."

Sebastian barked running up to Selena wagging his tail happily. The rubbing of his ears satisfied him making his tail wag even faster showing the content he felt at the familiar affection.

"For the record, we already met. Accidentally I might add but we still met. You're right, she is lovely and she thinks I'm beautiful but don't take that out of context Mother."
Roughly three hours later Selena, Erica and Sebastian rolled up in her truck to the Raies ranch. "Good to see you again Nocona. How about that tour so I-"

"We Mother, we can assess how you did preparing. Hi again by the way" Erica said with a slightly lopsided grin. Sebastian bounding up to Joob and Nocona made her eyes arch as the wolfhound enthusiastically greeted both with barks and licks. "How about that tour now huh?"

"Yes, let's. So I guess we can start with the stable, seeing as that's like, one of the most important parts of a ranch." They all follow Nocona as she leads them to the stable, where she opened the door and held it open for them to come in. It was not a big building, but it was nice. A little dusty, but that could be cleaned. It had a total of six stalls, plus a few other rooms. A large back door connected to a paddock, with tall grass that she attempted to mow, but did not succeed at. She hoped that the horses could mow it themselves. She had removed the thistles and brambles and was able to mow a small section in front of the door so you could walk in it, at least.

"This is the paddock... obviously. I tried to mow it but it didn't work, if you can tell." She shrugged and made her way through the tall grass, to a gate on the other side of the fenced-in area. "There's a water trough over there, and a bowl that would generally have oats in it. I'd put out a few cups of it in the morning, a few more in the middle of the day, and a last bit in the evening."

They continued to the barn where they viewed the tack, brushes, a hose, bales of hay, and bags of oats. They are also a lot of miscellaneous stuff such as old furniture piled up in a corner.

"Here's the barn," Nocona made a sweeping motion with her arm, motioning to the door. "Man, aren't I just the greatest tour guide?"

The stable area seemed a bjt dusty but that was small filings in Selena's book as her eyes scanned over the gear visible to them. It wasn't all there but reserved judgement since she doubted Nocona would call her to check it out without everything in a row. Getting through to the paddock she crossed her arms lightlg across her chest. "You'll need a professional to come in here to deal with an overgrown mess like this." It wasn't a put down by any stretch of the imagination but letting the horses eat too much grass in their diet was as bad for them as the gentle animals eating the wrong diet altogether. "Given you are only a single person you've done an impressive job with all that's visible so far but there's a couple of wild plants in here mixed with the grass that isn't good for a horses digestive track. Trust me, horse diahrea is NOT a fun thing to clean up" the older woman said tapping a finger against her elbow.

Erica swatted her mothers arm lightly as the walkthrough continued. "How do you expect her to afford a professional landscaper to come out here and do the grounds here in the paddock? Before you even shoot me the 'she wants to own horses so she knows how expensive overall it is to keep up with everything' argument keep in mind the time of season it is. The wild plants are already dying out given the chill to start falling over us soon" she said in a low tone so Nocona wouldn't hear. "If anything you'd mark it as continued ground maintance on our ranch. Something she can get done between the end of the walkthrough, our discussion after the fact and delivery of the horses if we think everything is up to snuff."

Selena raised an eyebrow and quirked her eyebrow. "Getting all defensive for her already hmm? Am I supposed to be waiting for wedding bells in the near future?" she asked.

Erica scowled and stomped off catching up to Nocona's pace. Ending up in the barn she noted the rest of the gear, a big bag of oats and some odds & ends in a corner. "I forgot your grandfather had an indoor riding ring in the barn. That's a big plus, the horses can be ridden and exercised even in the bad weather preventing atrophy of the muscles" she said tapping her cheek thoughtfully.

Selena let everything bounce around her head before stopping so she was across from Nocona. "And what kind of reason would you be keeping these horses? Working horses for the land? Hobby animals? Commercial riding lessons? You got the land to acomodate any of the above reasons but you may also require future expansion of the facilities here" she said glancing over the interior once more. "Aside from my one comment about the paddocks overgrown grass needing a bit more work you have enough space, the gear and supplies to seem to take good care of a couple of horses. Not many at the moment, maybe two at most. What reason you want the horses around will influence where I can try to source and broker a deal. You're a good kid, I think you'd well."

"Uh, I'd say probably just hobby animals. So you think everything, minus the paddock, is good? I could figure out a way to get rid of the weeds and mow. I don't know how but I'm sure I could find a way." Nocona said, her mind racing as she tried to think of a way to get the paddock under control. It wasn't that bad, but she wasn't going to get horses until she was sure it was safe for them. "Thank you for all of your help, it's great to have someone who knows this sort of stuff. Of course, I've done the research, but I can't speak from experience as you can. you've been a really great help."

Joob trotted up to the group of humans, familiar with all of them but still wary of the oldest one. She could smell excitement wafting off of her human, but before she could inspect her more closely Sebastion came barreling up to her, only stopping when he was less than a foot away from her. She sniffed him a few times, then decided that this was, indeed the same Sebastion as before and took off playing.

"Well, do you two want to join me for dinner since you're here? I have a vegetarian meatloaf in the oven that's supposed to taste just like the real stuff. I'm not strictly vegetarian but I like to, whenever possible, eat the vegetarian alternative." Nocona said, quickly trying to defend herself against any criticism she might get for saying she's a vegetarian. "You don't have to, but It'd be nice to have some company."

Joob growled playfully at Sebastion as she flopped down, exhausted from chasing a dog so much bigger than her.

"huh, I didn't know border collies got tired," Nocona remarked when she saw Joob laying down in the shade of a mesquite tree. "you should bring Sebastion over more often, I'm never able to tire Joob out so much that she gives up playing. In fact, I've always been cautious of over-exercising her because I don't realize that she's tired but just hiding it."

Selena hummed for a moment before nodding to herself. "I think I know a guy who could sell you a pair. What kind of price range are you looking at as far your willing to spend?" she asked leaning against the indoor rings fence. "The pair I'm thinking of aren't your standard horses but they are young enough to be trained. Hell, when they get older if you bred them together I'm sure their foals would be quite beautiful. Not to mention great for shows or dressage."

Erica shot her mother a nigh unnoticeable look from the corner of her eye. "Don't you think that Nocona might appreciate an idea of what the conservative low end of the prices might be?" she asked. Turning her gaze back to the other woman she smiled a little apologetically. "If we aren't imposing on you I'm sure that we'd love to join you. Isn't that right mom?"

Selena merely chuckled as her eyes gained a sort of twinkle. Ah, to be young and unknowingly fall in love at first sight... "Quite right, only if we aren't imposing upon you. We'd hate to be rude like that" she said linking her hands behind her back. "Conservatively speaking for the horse pair and gentleman I have in mind, the low end of cost spectrum to get the horses is about four thousand dollars give or take a few hundred. He could realistically ask more on the low side of the spectrum but if I said you were a friend of the family and doing me a favor, well I'm sure he'd be open to negotiation to not murder your savings."

Sebastion growled back before laying down beside the female he'd been playing with. The smaller dog was fun and didn't immediately back down because of his imposing size. Nudging her ear with his muzzle he licked her before plopping his head on her paws. By no means was he tired but the heat from the sun was beginning to warm his fur a little too much to be comfortable and the shade was nice to cool down in.

"Great! It's no trouble, don't worry!" She clapped once, then turned to walk up the steps to the porch. "That would be wonderful if I didn't have to spend so much, but I could definitely pay it in full if he doesn't want to give me any sort of discount, which would be reasonable. He doesn't know me, I have no right to believe I deserve it."
She called to Joob and Sebastian as she waved for them to follow her then goes inside. She pulled out the meatloaf from the oven, and set it on the top of the stove to cool.

"So more on that pair of horses, do you know them? Or I guess have you met them?" She asked, leaning back against the counter as she spoke.

Joob jerked her head up as she heard her name being called. She got up, her legs aching slightly, and trotted into the house. She splayed herself out on the cool kitchen tilesin fron of her human and laid her head down. Her human crounched down to scratch her back for a minute, then go back up, still talking.

Sebastion followed Joob in and plopped down beside her again with a yawn. Whatever his human and the other ones were eating smelled weird to his nose as he laid his head on his paws.

"Oh honey, the gentleman I have in mind is an older gentleman that's local around here. You actually met him at the cookout last week. He's in the business for the love of the animals. He doesn't particularly care if he loses a bit of money so long as the horses go to a good home where they'll be loved and be taken care of. Coming from me, he'd be open to cutting you a deal I can almost guarantee. He knows how thorough I am in looking at potential buyers and making sure they can care for the animals" Selena said taking a position against the counter near the stove.

"Are you talking Mr. Jensen and his daughter? I know they got fresh yearlings and if its the two I think you're referring to they are beautiful foals." Erica's eyes turned to Nocona as she dug out her phone and swiped the screen unlocked with her thumbprint. Scrolling through her facebook messages she showed the picture to her mom after a moment. "Those ones?" she asked.

Selena nodded and offered the phone to Nocona. "Those are the parents but the foals are sweet as can be. One is an Arabian and the other is an Andalusian. They both spent some time on the show circuit but they've also done part of their lives as work animals. Anderson, the Andalusian on the left, is a giant softy with a minor addiction to sugar that is only slightly worse than the average horse. Jennifer, the white Arabian on the right, likes to be a bit dramatic while being cleaned but their children are just too precious. I think I have a picture on my phone." Tossing her daughter her phone back she dug out her own phone and swiped through the pictures til finding the ones she was looking for and offered the phone to the young woman. "That is Jackson and Elle" she said pointing to the foals out in a pasture that had their mothers mane color and was otherwise a spitting image of the father.

Attachments

• Andalusian-horse.jpg
    Andalusian-horse.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Arabian-horse.jpg
    Arabian-horse.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 2
"They're beautiful! Jackson and Elle, eh? Pretty names, too. I would love to give them a home if Mr. Jensen would let me. I respect anyone who doesn't do everything for money. Those people are hard to come by these days, it's nice to see some people still have it." She sighed, thinking of her old boyfriend. He was working just under the CEO of a traditional office job, she didn't even know what they made, and soon after she met him she realized that was not at all the lifestyle for her. He wasn't mean, but just a little selfish and indifferent towards everyone except his boss. Of course, Nocona did truly believe he loved her, but she knew she didn't return the feelings. They were together for almost the entirety of the time she was in Seattle before she broke up with him to move here.

Joob turned her head to face Sebastian when he approached her. She closed her eyes and turned her head the other way, content.

"Do you know where I can find someone who could get rid of the weeds in the paddock? I don't want to get horses when I know they are not living in the safest environment I can get them in. Would hate to do that to them." She said, grabbing an oven mitt and waving it in front of the meatloaf to try to help it cool off a little more. She went to the kitchen counter and grabbed three plates from the cabinet, setting them next to the meatloaf for when it was ready. She grabbed the now cooked potatoes and threw them in a bowl, grabbing a potato masher from the cabinet, and mashing the potatoes. It didn't take long, as she liked it to be a little less smooth than some people might. She added a pinch of salt and pepper, as well as a slab of butter, then divided the potatoes between the three plates. She cut into the meatloaf and laid a slice on each of the plates next to the potatoes.

"Hungry?" She picked up two plates and offered them to her guests.

"Well I do happen to know someone with free time on her hands and a bit of cash if you don't mind paying for her time. She's rather fair I think."

Erica didn't like the slight undertone to her mothers voice. She wasn't about to suggest what she suspected she was.. was she? Not that she was the least bit offended to be in Nocona's presence, the young woman was beautiful in all the ways that mattered and then some, but she wasn't quite sure that extended time around her was a good idea. Earlier after watching the other woman leave she couldn't stop the most fleeting thought of wondering what a beautiful woman like looked naked cross her mind. When the offer of food was made she took it with a smile of thanks, both for the food even if she wasn't a fan of vegetarian alternative too much and the distraction as her mom took the offered plate as well. "I'm normally not one for vegetarian substitute but what's life without something new every now and then right?" she asked with a very subtle look aimed at her mom to let the subject lie. She did not need her mom meddling with something that was not undefined but highly unlikely to happen. She was here to visit with her mother for a few weeks before returning to her life in the UK. Starting any type of anything with Nocona and then ditching on her, or worse yet putting her in the position to try a long distance thing that would ultimately fail because long distance relationships never last, would be beyond to such a kind and obviously loving spirit like Nocona.

"Indeed. Especially if it turns out to be something that can change your mind about it" Selena chirped with a tiny cheshire grin. If it metaphorically killed her she would see that Nocona and Erica went on at least one date together. The beginnings of chemistry was there, all that needed was a push to see it so that they spent more time together. If it led to her daughter falling in love she'd be ecstatic since it was every mothers only wish for their children to fall in love and be happy.

Erica groaned internally and shifted her gaze to the lazy canines on the floor. Sebastion made himself comfy with Joob, his head across her paws again and eyes closed as his tail wagged slowly. "Cool it there buster, I'm sure the little missy isn't going fall for your smooth moves" she scolded the hound. Of course she wouldn't make a big deal of it if the dogs got closer. Sebastion having a friend would make it easier to exercise him and not leave her dead on the floor after a run. "I've never seen him like this with other dogs I swear. He's usually not this..."

"Casanova-ish? Seems to take after his mother" Selena said with the coy twinkle in her eyes as she took a seat at the table.

"You do? that's good. Could you give me her number?" Nocona asked, half hoping it was who she thought it was but not quite sure. She grabbed her own plate and sat down at the table, stabbing a bite of meatloaf. She then continued. "I always like to try new things. My mom was a vegetarian, so this wasn't ever new to me. Though she did let me choose whether I ate vegetarian, I chose to just refrain from eating meant when I could. It's worked for me so far." She shrugged and took another bite.

She laughed as Selena and Erica talked about Sebastian. He was a very charming dog, that much was for sure. She watched as he laid against Joob, smiling. She was glad Joob had made a friend, she had been a little worried about her social life.

"You've got quite the character there." She smiled down at the wolfhound, then looked to Erica.

They continued talking and eating until she saw the sun starting to set. The sky was ablaze with all colors of red, orange, purple, and blue. "I guess you should get going now. It's been fun talking to you."

Last edited:
**Sorry for such a long wait, had family stuff going on and then I was having a tough time trying to come up with responses for multiple of my partners..**
"You know she means me right?" Erica said when it was only her, Sebastion and Nocona in the house after cleaning up from the meal. Scrawling her cell number on a napkin and jotting her name down on it, she seemed to ponder for a moment before handing the napkin over. "Give me a call and we can talk rates later alright? By the way, try not buy into the teasing my mother may or may not heap on you. She is a good person as you no doubt have already figured out by now. She's well meaning and I'll give you this before any business relationship of any kind does form, you are beautiful. Just enough indian in you have a subtle undertone of exotic that is just... " she tried to find the right word without sounding offensive "mystifying and please take that as the compliment it's meant to be. I look forward to hearing from you. Come on Sebastion, let go of your little girlfriend so we can go home." A final goodbye to Joob and Nocona was said before she disappeared with the wolf hound at her side.

"So-"

"Not a word out of you Mother" Erica said rolling her eyes and climbing into the truck. "We'll see what she has to say come the morning or next few days."

"You like her already."

"No comment."

*Sorry, I've been busy, I'll get something out**

"I had a hunch." Nocona shrugged and watched as Erica wrote out her number. She took the napkin gratefully and nodded as she talked.

"Yeah, sure! Of course, I would never. I can tell she's a good person, that much is very clear." She said earnestly. She brightened, even more, when Erica said she was beautiful. "Aww, thank you! I do take that as a compliment, that's really sweet of you. I think you're really pretty, too, as I'm sure you've already picked up by my blatent saying so." She said goodbye to Erica, trying to not blush, and watched her leave. Joob got up and followed the Irish wolfhound to the door, where they exchanged their own silent goodbyes. Nocona had to step in front of the door to block Joob when she tried to slip out the open door to follow Sebastion.

She stood on the porch, waving to the departing truck. Joob chased after the truck a ways, then finally gave up and turned back.

"It's okay, you'll see them around soon. Don't you worry."

**It's fine, life happens**
The next couple of days were quiet for Erica as she spent her days talking, shopping and spending time with her family. Her phone rang a few times and while she hoped, to a small degree, it would be Nocona she disappointed when it wasn't.

"You look disappointed your wife hasn't you yet."

"Shut up, she isn't my wife or nothing like that. Do not even begin to go with that bunch of-" Erica's train of thought was interrupted by the ringing of her phone. Giving her mother a look to stay she silent she answered the call. "Erica Gilroy speaking, how can I help-" When she recognized Nocona's voice her aura seemed to gain a slight glow to it. "Nocona, glad to hear from you. How can i help you?" she asked through a glare at her mother who was smirking and laughing silently like a loon.

The older woman had a gleam in her eyes she left with Sebastion in tow. Her mind was turning as she begun to scheme. Working with Nocona was going to be a good first step but the way there seemed to be instant chemistry was promising. Not that she thought anyone would blame her, a mothers strongest dream was to see her children fall in love and start a family of their own. "Your mother will find her mate Sebastion, I promise you that boy" she promised ruffling the canines fur lovingly.

She worked on dusting the barn and stable area the days after Erica and Mrs. Gilroy came over to inspect the place. After she finished doing that she focused on decorating. She didn't want to seem too clingy by calling her the day after Erica gave her number, even though that logic might have been flawed.

Nocona stretched on the fourth day after the Gilroys came to visit. After having very little on her mind but calling Erica, something she hesitated to admit, she decided today was the day. She dressed and took a shower quickly, watching the time to gauge when would be an appropriate time to call her. It was only 7:00 am and she doubted she was up yet, or if she was up not fully awake and not ready to be called. she wasted a few hours eating breakfast, playing with Joob, wandering the property, and anything else that took up time. Finally, at noon, she decided to pick up the phone.

"Hello? Erica? Yeah, Im calling to hit you up on that job offer. When do you want to start? I assume you do want the job, yes? Just making sure." She calmed her nerves and talked in a steady, just interested enough voice. Not desperate, just curious.

"Good, good. do you have any special equipment or anything of that sort? I could just rent something, but hey, it'd be nice if you had it. I'd pay you for its use, of course."

Erica snapped her fingers out of range of her phone twice. "That is a very tempting offer. I was offered a consulting position for a ranch near you but" she drew out the word for a moment to gauge how interested Nocona was "I am a sucker for a pretty face. Assuming the weeds haven't spread in the last few days since we were up there it should be a relatively simple job to get that pen completely safe for the horses. How does me coming over in say... Two hours sound? We can formally get everything on paper and talk about everything over a cup of coffee. Not that I'm sure that little monster of yours is probably missing her boyfriend." There was teasing laughter in her voice as she referred to the dogs. Sebastion had been a bit mopey since they left the ranch. Which was odd for her Wolfhound since he never liked the company of any dog except for Joob.

"Do I hear weddin-"

"I'll be over in two hours. All the equipment that should be needed is here on my mothers ranch so there is no need to rent anything. Ta." Erica turned her eyes to her mother as she ended the call glaring at the cheekily grinning woman. "She does not like me, Mother. There is no future wedding to be planned. Get that out of your mind. I'm here for the next few weeks before I have to jet home."

"She thinks you're beautiful, which you are and I'm not saying that solely as your mother, and I know for a fact you think she is too. Why not let things go as they will? It was that way for your father and I?"

"No offense but look how well that ended up for you and Father. Divorced and the only thing you two share in common anymore is me. I'm not putting my heart out there to be broken over what most people over here would so crudely label a fling. I want a wife and a partner that'll be at my side at night, not a bed warmer. I'm not going to disrespect a beautiful young woman like Nocona by putting her in a similar position." That was the end of the conversation as Erica walked out whistling for Sebastion to follow.

Two hours on the dot later Erica pulled up before Nocona's home on the ranch. Sebastion's excited barking as he saw Joob with the other human made her laugh. Opening the door for the Wolfhound she rolled her eyes seeing the dogs reunite. "I think they missed each other" she said laughing as she slammed the drivers side door closed after killing the engine. "Did you want to go over the details out here? Inside? I don't particularly mind either or."

“Two hours would be fine.” Nocona nodded, knowing Erica couldn’t see her but not caring. “Aww yeah, I’m sure she will.” Joob was staring up at her with her big brown eyes.
“It’s a darn good thing you’re cute.” She teased the border collie, crouching down to scratch her on the head.

Two hours later Erica arrived like she said she would. Nocona was trying to busy herself fiddling around with her guitar on the porch before she arrived, trying to not make it as obvious she was anxiously waiting for her arrival. She didn’t really know how to play it, she just picked it up when she moved to Seattle, thinking it would be a good past time when she wasn’t too busy being famous. It was funny, really. Funny that she thought she could just pick up a guitar and start playing. Funny how she thought she could just decide to become a millionaire and get famous.

"I'd say inside. it's just a tad bit hot outside." Nocona said, motioning with her hand towards the door. They went inside and Erica sat down on the couch while Nocona made coffee. "So you said you have all of the equipment at your house, that's good." She said, pouring two cups of the coffee. She offered one to Erica and sat down on the loveseat across from her.

The dogs were still playing outside as the two women went inside. Joob and Sebastion were playing tug-of-war with a strip of rubber from the trash pile in the back. Joob finally let go and gave a bark of frustration. She charged the bigger dog and jumped up, grabbing back the rubber. After a while of this, they calmed down a little bit, and Joob gave Sebastion a tour as if showing off.

Erica watched the dogs playing for a moment before she followed Nocona inside. Taking the offered seat and cup of coffee she leaned forward just a touch unintentionally baring the tiniest amount of cleavage through her tops one open button hole near her clavicle. "So I'm going to be upfront with you Nocona. Your weed problem is not that bad from the walkthrough Mother and I were here for. Your problem is going to be their roots. The deeper they are, the more likely they are going to come back. The silver lining in this situation is that I already have the equipment on hand to deal with the issue at hand. It's going to take maybe a week, maybe two at max to be done and over with. Once the weeds are done and dealt with you can set up payment with my mother for the horses. Once the transaction clears, it'll take a week to set transport and get them here." She took a sip of the coffee before continuing. "Getting them settled in is another matter altogether. If I'm still here, I can help with that and help you start to train them."

Sebastion came in with Joob in tow, the strip of rubber back in his mouth like a hard won trophy. Settling down beside his human he gnawed the rubber happily.

"For a two weeks work, I'll deal with the weeds for three hundred. Provided that I do it less than two weeks, I will return half of that to you. In cash. My word is my bond and when I do business, I do it right. My professional integrity demands that I do. If those terms agreeable to you we can draw up a contract laying it out in black. I'll contact a notary public and have them be the witness to it. On the matter of the horses, on the grounds I'm here at the time I'll set a weekly rate for that too so that it's square and above board. That price will be determined at a date and time when the transaction clears for the horse payment. Does that sound fair?" she asked offering a hand to Nocona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back