• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Country Girls (1x1)

OOC
Here
Nocona listened as Erica explained the procedures.

"Three hundred? That sounds like a good deal to me. I'd be happy with that." She nodded slowly, sipping her coffee as Erica continued. She shook her hand, imagining herself in a month or so. With horses, maybe chickens if she found time, and she didn't know what else. Maybe she would meet someone, who knew?

Joob followed Sebastion inside, panting, and immediately darted to her water bowl. After standing in front of it for a while, taking turns panting and drinking, she walked over to sit on the couch next to her person. It was her rightful spot, and only she could have it. If the Sebastion or the other human tried to take it from her she would just have to fight back. But she was a good dog, so she wouldn't snap or bite, or even growl. She didn't want to lose that title that she worked so hard to get.

"So you're a good horse trainer? But I guess we can talk about that if you're still in town." Nocona started, then decided not to pressure Erica with two jobs at once. Especially since it was all still just a hope that she would end up getting horses. Yes, she probably would, but there were still plenty of things that could go wrong.

"Good? It's my entire profession. Father manages a handful of large stables back in England. I started with mucking the stables and brushing the horses when I was fourteen. By the time I was twenty I was an integral part of my fathers breeding and training program. Four years ago I saw one of the finest young mares I helped breed take best in show against the best of Pureblooded show horses. My horse, a run of the mill Arabian, beat out some of the most expensively bred and extensively trained horses in the world." The tones of pride in Erica's voice were unmistakable. "I won't brag, it lies in the same bed with hubris. But what I will say, what I can promise if I'm still here come the time for the horses to be here and trained is that as long as I am here you will not find a better horse trainer on this continent. Not when it comes to dedication or being thorough as all get out."

Sebastion's tail wagged watching the two humans and tilted his head at Joob. His eyes looked curiously to the other smaller dog. Dropping the rubber piece he trotted over and barked playfully as bumped her head with his own. While the two humans were barking about something, he was curious what the other dog was thinking. She was a good dog just like him but him she was different from other dogs he'd met before. She was rather fun to run with and had an interesting amount of courage for an animal smaller than him.

"Oh wow." Nocona nodded in approval as Erica boasted about her history with horses. "I don't doubt that."

She leaned back in her spot and glanced at the dogs. She didn't want to seen distracted but it was oddly funny to her to watch the dogs play. It was nice for Joob to make a friend, she was sometimes not the nicest to other dogs. She didn't think it was Joob purposely being mean, just her not really understanding why every dog wasn't the same as her, and why most dogs didn't have as much energy to play for long amounts of time. Suddenly she realized she was probably being kind of rude so she looked back up at Erica.

"I would have loved to grow up in a family that was associated with horses. Or really any animal. My parents just really didn't want pets. Didn't see the advantages of having them, I guess. I was lucky to even have a dog." She shrugged. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. No use crying over spoiled milk, if that's the right saying."

Nocona absent-mindedly scratched Joob as they talked. "So we have ourselves a deal, it sounds like. You said you're going to write up a contract?"

She didn't know exactly how to go forward with the conversation. Should I talk more about the weeds first? Ask about the equipment? Yes, that seems like a good idea. She didn't know why she cared that much, she had done this kind of thing before. It shouldn't matter that much. She didn't generally feel the need to plan out her conversations like this. She just really wanted to come across as professional, she guessed.

"So what exact equipment are you going to use? I'm assuming it's going to tear up all of the grass and soil but that's not your fault. It's just a little annoying." She said, patting Joob one last time on her back before she stopped scratching her. She crossed her left leg over her right and loosely crossed her arms.

Joob looked up at her person as she stopped scratching her. It was a shame, she thought, that she stopped scratching right before she got to an itch on her back. She resorted to scratching it herself, sniffing her person's hand when she was done to try to get her to continue.

"Horses are a lot of hard work but they're some of the most intelligent animals I've had the pleasure of working with. People underestimate the value of animals too often unfortunately. They teach responsibility as much as being work animals or even just parts of the family" Erica said with a shrug. A sort of chuckle, sort throaty and unintentionally husky to a minor degree, escaped her lips at Nocona's attempt at the saying. "I believe it's ' No use crying over spilled milk' but the saying is as varied as its needed to be."

At the question regarding the contract she nodded her head. "I'll write something up tonight, you can review it tomorrow and if anything needs adjusting we can adjust it before the final copy goes to the notary to be witnessed." A momentarily thoughtful look crossed her face at the question. "The grass and soil will be torn up so I can get at the roots, that is unavoidable unfortunately. If it makes you feel any better I was already planning on getting new soil, tilling the soil and planting new grass seed. Temporary fencing for a secondary paddock to graze the horses wouldn't be too hard a job to accomplish while the grass grows back in the other one. It'd be a couple of days work with supplies and another hand to help drive the posts in the ground." She sipped her coffee leaning back in the seat. "Well, to get the paddock settled there's the industrial grade tiller, the aerator, something to cut the roots out.. There's a few other minor pieces of equipment that might be needed depending on how extensive the root of the problem is." She waggled her eyebrows playfully at the attempt of a joke. Just because she was talking business didn't mean she couldn't be funny in good company.

Sebastian got up and trotted over nudging at the other canine. Their humans barking was boring since nothing was happening. The little dog was surely as bored as he was just sitting there. A playful bark and bite was given before he ran a few paces to the door to see if she'd follow him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back