• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Cosmic Horror Roleplay

Mantarok

The Primordial
Feeling brave? Brave enough to stare down eldritch horrors--wait, why the hell would you do that? Avert your eyes, fool! You'll go mad if you glimpse at its horrific, incomprehensible visage! Phew, that was a close call. We are safe for the moment, but that will change. Soon, nowhere will be safe. The heart of evil has been unearthed and dark forces are close to bringing a plan centuries in the making to fruition... and it falls on you to stop this evil before it's too late.

Well, good luck! What? I'm not going down there! Who do you think I am, your guide? Well... shit.

Welcome to my request thread! I've recently decided to try my hand as a cosmic horror story! Everyone loves a good fear of the unknown story where mankind's curiosities leads to their downfall, where ignorance is a blessing in disguise, for knowing what should not be known tears apart one's sanity at the seams. I have two scenarios for you and it falls on your decisions to determine the fate of the world.

SCENARIO 1: A Death in the Family
Your a college student who was about to begin their next semester. One evening, you receive a phone call. It's the police. Your grandfather had been murdered. The police are unable to determine the exact cause of death, but his body looks like it's been torn apart. You'd always been close to your grandfather since your parents died when you were young. He took care of you, raised you, and were it not for him, you'd have been out on the street. He was always a secretive type, but he never skipped out on his family. Determined to find answers, you race to his estate and begin searching for clues to discover why he died. Did he have enemies? Who would want him dead and most importantly, why? The answers may lie in a peculiar book he had in his possession. A book that may lead you to places you may not wish to go. How far will you go to discover the truth and will you even want to know before its over?

SCENARIO 2: Eden Hollow
You're a private investigator whose most recent case takes you to the quiet fishing town of Eden Hollow. You're there to investigate the disappearance of a little girl belonging to a wealthy family who is worried sick. You have a personal stake in the case. You lost your own child many years ago and it's taken a toll on your social life. This case is something of an atonement for your failure as a parent. If you can help this girl back to her family and prevent them from going through the same heart ache as you, perhaps you may find a measure of redemption. Upon arriving in the town, none of the locals seem particularly thrilled by your presence, nor are they very talkative in general. They seem antsy. Later that night, you're suddenly attacked by one of the locals and forced to gun them down in self-defense. Suddenly, the entire town wants you dead and they're ready to move heaven and earth to place your head on a pike. Can you find the girl, escape the town, and discover what's at the heart of this madness before it consumes you?

ABOUT ME

- I only roleplay with those 18+.

- Lengthy replies. Admittedly, this varies depending on the pacing of the roleplay, but I can easily go for three to five paragraphs, sometimes even more.

- I'm quite good with grammar, so you can expect few if any typos. I like to make my stuff presentable.

- I'm fairly consistent, I can reply anywhere from multiple times to a day, to once a day, or a few times a week. It depends on my schedule, really, but I typically try to shoot for one reply every day or two at the latest. Any longer and I'll notify you if I may take longer.

- If you like a roleplay that involves multiple characters, I can certainly deliver on that front.

- I can write on the fly or make a rough plan. I'm very malleable, though I do have a preference for some degree of planning.

- This goes without saying, but I am an OOC chatter, too!

And that's it! If you're interested, please message me directly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back